Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

YamataNoOrochi
Oct 24, 2005

Fauxtool posted:

My older brother died and left me all of his gundams/zoids and some really rare original casting Five Star Stories resin kits he picked up in japan in the early 90s. The gundams/zoids are all duplicates of stuff I already have and im never going to build the FSS stuff.

I'm looking to sell for a reasonable price like 75% of the market value or whatever is needed to move them fast to help pay for funeral costs. Ill post a list as soon I pick them up from storage. There are a few other cool items like a signed picture of Dio from Jojo's and some original transforming valkyries from macross.

Ideally I want to sell locally in so cal, but I would be willing to ship if they are bigger than a single item
Ill give you guys 1st dibs before posting on SA-mart a few days later

Sorry to hear about your brother, Fauxtool. I'm local (presumably, SoCal's kinda huge), and I'll take a look at the list once you post it. Mainly interested in the gundam kits and maybe the resin ones.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
this is what fit in my car today. There is a lot more stuff.

The gold saber zoid has water damage on the box, the runners are still sealed and the manual is fine

http://imgur.com/a/Zfv84

im in pasadena and i work in san dimas so we can meet at either location if you are local

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo
Dang I want those Valkyries.

YamataNoOrochi
Oct 24, 2005

Fauxtool posted:

this is what fit in my car today. There is a lot more stuff.

The gold saber zoid has water damage on the box, the runners are still sealed and the manual is fine

http://imgur.com/a/Zfv84

im in pasadena and i work in san dimas so we can meet at either location if you are local

I actually live and work in San Dimas, so yep, very local. I'm interested in all the MGs (especially that Nu Gundam), and maybe the miniature packs too. Let me know what you think is a fair price on them. I've got plat if you want to take it to PMs.

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
25% percent off the market value seems like a fair price for everyone on single items. Getting more than one item will definitely result in higher discounts

There is still some really good stuff like a MG EX-S I will grab next week

Im gonna give 1st dibs to any in person deals since its way easier for me.

Fauxtool fucked around with this message at 02:52 on Apr 7, 2016

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
If nobody wants it, I'm interested in getting the METEOR unit. If I've learned one thing from working with my club, it's that the bigger the group build the better.

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
it appears that YamataNoOrochi is picking up all the gundam stuff locally and leaving just zoids. Those move pretty well on amazon so im not worried about selling them

Ill post again when I get more stuff.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
The HMM Panzer Liger arrived this morning. I've never seen runners go all the way to Z before... :stare:

Ignimbrite
Jan 5, 2010

BALLS BALLS BALLS
Dinosaur Gum
You'd love an Iron Kong then.

HOLY gently caress. Speaking of, this just got announced...

http://www.hlj.com/product/KBYZD98/Sci

If you want a massive zoids kit, an Iron Kong is right up your alley. AND LOOK AT ALL THAT loving DAKKA :orks101:

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Ignimbrite posted:

If you want a massive zoids kit, an Iron Kong is right up your alley. AND LOOK AT ALL THAT loving DAKKA :orks101:

Nah, I only liked the Panzer Liger and Leena's Gunsniper. That and they're pretty expensive :v:. I've gotten the main body done on the base Liger Zero, and I swear I've used an entire RG kit's worth of parts already.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Neddy Seagoon posted:

The HMM Panzer Liger arrived this morning. I've never seen runners go all the way to Z before... :stare:

Hahaha, never get the Gojulas, then. It has over 50 runners.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Kibner posted:

Hahaha, never get the Gojulas, then. It has over 50 runners.

Not to mention that it's the size of a small child. Having seen what's gone into just the Panzer Liger Zero, I can't begin to imagine the intricate complexity of the Gojulas.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Not to mention that it's the size of a small child. Having seen what's gone into just the Panzer Liger Zero, I can't begin to imagine the intricate complexity of the Gojulas.

I'll show it off more after it's done in a few months, but I'll just say that the cockpit has a functioning safety bar (like on theme park rides) for the pilot. Also, the plates on the spine can twist 360 degrees and also rock up and down a little bit. I have the head and 2/3 of the torso done and just that sits a head short of an MG Acguy. It is exactly as tall as an HG Zock, though.

Booourns
Jan 20, 2004
Please send a report when you see me complain about other posters and threads outside of QCS

~thanks!

Graze Ein is pretty big

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

I'm honestly surprised it took so long for someone to make a RG IWSP.

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

Isn't that just the IWSP from the HG Strike Rogue?

Suzaku
Feb 15, 2012

Ignimbrite posted:

MOTHER OF GOD!

I...think I found the version of the Iron Kong I want. To go with the Gojulas that I don't have....

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Suzaku posted:

MOTHER OF GOD!

I...think I found the version of the Iron Kong I want. To go with the Gojulas that I don't have....

Don't forget the scorpion!

Or the tortoise, centrosaurus, or a couple caterpillars!

Ignimbrite
Jan 5, 2010

BALLS BALLS BALLS
Dinosaur Gum
I have a Death Stinger too, it's pretty great. I dunno if I ever wrote a trip report about it but each leg articulates. It's pretty goddamn big too, but not as big as an Iron Kong.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Ignimbrite posted:

I have a Death Stinger too, it's pretty great. I dunno if I ever wrote a trip report about it but each leg articulates. It's pretty goddamn big too, but not as big as an Iron Kong.

It's next on my list after I finish the Gojulas I'm almost halfway through and the MG Jesta and Heavyarms in my backlog. I'll probably pick up all the other Zoids I linked in that post at the same time.

Suzaku
Feb 15, 2012

Yeah, those and the t-rex are all on the list. I'm finding that Zoids are a slippery slope and I haven't started buying them yet!

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Goddamn but do I love micro missile launchers. Even if they are stressful as hell to put in each individual missile.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
:siren: :siren: :siren:
Does that thing come with some metal armature to support the hilarious cannon.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

No.

Judging by reviews, the whole kit is actually pretty lackluster. Its only real positive side is that it exists at all.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

The stand is some sort of smoked clear plastic thing that is ludicrously tough. Like I have no idea what it's made out of, but my nippers took some abuse cutting through it. There's a diecast peg going from the stand into the bottom of the kit, so that's plenty solid.

There's also two gigantic die cast pieces that screw and peg into the stand and the back assembly in five places.

Edit: I don't know what the idiot doing that photo review's deal is, but it's designed from the ground up to be glued together, it's much more of a traditional model kit than snap-fit 'put together and take apart' gunpla.

ACES CURE PLANES fucked around with this message at 00:03 on Apr 10, 2016

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
MG Fenice Morte is done!

For what was done with a combination of sharpies, gundam markers, and pledge floor polish, i'm very pleased with the results.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

A nude Liger has somehow made its way onto my coffee table :ohdear:

"Giddyup!"

I love about 95% of the Liger Zero's internal joints, except for two bits; For some infernal reason the rear lower-knee joints are just plastic friction instead of a polycap like every other joint in the kit (it's not like there isn't room for one between the plastic bits either), and the tail is an infernal creation that tends to explode apart if you try to adjust it. I'm tempted to glue the bits keeping the hinges together on it. Now I've gotta start on the actual Panzer CAS gear :orks101:.

Bimmi
Nov 8, 2009

someday
but not today

Suzaku posted:

I'm finding that Zoids are a slippery slope and I haven't started buying them yet!

I never got into Zoids for this exact reason, but y'all aren't helping

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Bimmi posted:

I never got into Zoids for this exact reason, but y'all aren't helping

The torso of my Gojulas is split into three sections. It can 'bend' back and forth where each section meets. The top section can also 'tilt' side to side. The power core can be removed by sliding it out. It has two gun pods with two guns each. The pods as a whole can rotate, but each gun can independently tilt. The back spine can 'pop out' of the back of the torso to allow for even better posing. The shoulder and hip joints can also pop out, but only in one direction (the hips can point in and the shoulders can point out.

I have not assembled the giant cannons or whatever that attach to the spine, so I can't review them, yet. It is the last part of the kit to assemble. I'm on the tail right now and have just finished the first section of it.

It's awesome but also takes forever because of parts separation. I just built two gun pods for the tail today. Each one was ten parts. There is a ridiculous amount of detailing in the parts with minimal amounts of it being hidden once assembled. No internal skeleton for this thing.

Ignimbrite
Jan 5, 2010

BALLS BALLS BALLS
Dinosaur Gum

Neddy Seagoon posted:

and the tail is an infernal creation that tends to explode apart if you try to adjust it

The tails of the Genosaurers, Genobreaker, and berserk fury gave me goddamn nightmares. They articulate in both X and Y directions (up and down and side to side) while also having parts on them that extend and flip up. They look so good but they are so. mother. bitch. rear end. loving. bastards to put together because you're dealing with teeny tiny flaps and big honking joints at the same time. Once they're together they're alright but I'm still extremely careful posing them because I don't want to deal with them again.

That said I want the Psyco Genosaurer :v: And a Gojulas. And a Zero Schneider. And a Cannon Tortoise. And a Blade and Shield Liger. And a Dark horn gently caress I NEED MORE SPACE

Xenothral
Aug 1, 2013

No one's left... Everything's gone...! Zebes is burning!

Man, I haven't done anything with Gunpla in years. I have a Wing Zero and Heavyarms Custom sitting on my shelf that I put together quite some time ago, didn't do anything fancy with them, just assembled and put the decals on. I don't remember what line they're from, I think they might be HG? I don't have the boxes anymore but I can post pictures. Are there any models that would be good for someone that has pretty minimal experience and wants to get back into putting giant robots together?

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Xenothral posted:

Man, I haven't done anything with Gunpla in years. I have a Wing Zero and Heavyarms Custom sitting on my shelf that I put together quite some time ago, didn't do anything fancy with them, just assembled and put the decals on. I don't remember what line they're from, I think they might be HG? I don't have the boxes anymore but I can post pictures. Are there any models that would be good for someone that has pretty minimal experience and wants to get back into putting giant robots together?

Anything in the current HG Gundam line would be perfect to get yourself used to model kits again. Since you mentioned Wing, here's a few kits you might like:

http://www.amazon.com/Bandai-Hobby-XXXG-01W-Gundam-Model/dp/B00E36ROZ6
http://www.amazon.com/Bandai-Hobby-...=HGAC+wing+zero
http://www.amazon.com/Bandai-Hobby-...ords=wing+honoo

Hopefully that gets you started. Also, just so you are aware of how much Gunpla has advanced since the days of those old HGs you own, watch this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vXF9l0mtS9A

Xenothral
Aug 1, 2013

Thanks for the suggestions. I went ahead and ordered that second one you linked, so that'll be awesome to put together when it gets here!

Oh dang yeah this has gotten way more nuts than it was when I got mine. The amount of extras that thing has is crazy, and those LEDs are really cool!

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Xenothral posted:

Thanks for the suggestions. I went ahead and ordered that second one you linked, so that'll be awesome to put together when it gets here!

Oh dang yeah this has gotten way more nuts than it was when I got mine. The amount of extras that thing has is crazy, and those LEDs are really cool!

Yeah, the PG Unicorn is crazy. But even the smaller stuff has really advanced. The current main line, Iron Blooded Orphans, has nearly complete inner frames for most of the kits, for example. And the RGs are more detailed than a lot of Master Grades, despite being pocket sized.

They're really cool, but they might drive you insane with all the small parts. Especially the transforming ones.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
The new HG Iron-Blooded Orphans line is astonishingly fast and easy to slap together, while still including impressive detail and customisation options. You know, if you like the designs.

This YouTube series contains a vast amount of simple, useful, and easy-to-follow modelling advice, too.

Xenothral
Aug 1, 2013

I definitely was eyeing the Barbatos, if not just because I really like the weapon it has. The inner frames on a lot of these newer things is also really compelling to me, because it sounds like it probably makes it really easy to kitbash things, which I haven't done before but sounds like a lot of potential fun.

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Xenothral posted:

The inner frames on a lot of these newer things is also really compelling to me, because it sounds like it probably makes it really easy to kitbash things, which I haven't done before but sounds like a lot of potential fun.

Not to rain on your parade, but not really. most models don't have the same inner frame as any other model.

Xenothral
Aug 1, 2013

Ahhh, well that's unfortunate. They seem like a lot of fun to put together regardless, and I'll probably be drowning in them soon enough.

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
get frame arms instead. They are purposed designed for mixing and they all come with a pre built inner frame

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
Yeah, the IBO kits are really, really great quality. As are the G-Reco kits (though they can be obnoxious with decals). If you'd like a great RG entry I would recommend Char's Z'Gok: Full inner frame, fantastic mobility, easy but rewarding build, multiple neat gimmicks, and the vast majority of the decals are non-essential labels and details (which are also generic enough for you to customize yourself).

Speaking of recommendations: how are the Zoids Molga kit? I like the look of them, need a good entry kit, and $30 for two master-grade bugs sounds like a good deal.

For whoever asked where I am in Jersey: the Kearny area, between Newark and Jersey City. It's pretty nice.