Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT
Today's Tomo-chan features Misuzu's mom.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

Everything Burrito posted:

Bokura no Hentai ended, kind of a bland wrap-up for all the drama the storyline has had but it was nice :3:

i was kind of disappointed with how it ended, but it had an ok ending. there was closure.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Covok posted:

A little melodramatic at times and surrealistic at others, but I'm liking this series overall. Even though it does feel overdone at times, I can relate and I do feel the over-doing is likely to help the reader get into the kind of anxiety those moments can feel like for people going through them.

You know, I'd be interested in more works that deal directly with LGBT themes in a serious and direct manner, if people have suggestions.

otouto no otto

edit: also honey & honey and Hanayome wa Moto Danshi.

Davincie fucked around with this message at 15:31 on Apr 11, 2016

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

the full dozer author has a new series about a girl dating a fat guy
http://bato.to/comic/_/comics/mori-no-takuma-san-r16508/

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
Last chapter of Futari no Renai Shoka is out. Kinda wish it had been a bit longer so that there was more room to show their relationship after Akio grew up. Seeing them both as adults just made me wish it had skipped the weird age stuff and started there to begin with tbh, but it was sweet regardless and I like how things with her family turned out.

I don't remember if it's been mentioned before but I read all of Hana-kun to Koisuru Watashi that's available and like it pretty well. It doesn't do anything particularly unique with the nice girl x delinquent boy formula and most of the conflicts that came up felt kinda toothless (like having rivals show up only to be pretty much shut down immediately) but I like how things have gone after they started dating, like meeting the parents in the most recent chapters. It's not bad if you need a shoujo fix and the pace moves along at a good clip so they've already progressed to regular handholding and making out, so there's at least not much dithering around in that department lol.

dordreff
Jul 16, 2013
Virgins' Empire continues to update at a blistering pace and Chie and A-chan really really need to kiss right now immediately

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

Covok posted:

A little melodramatic at times and surrealistic at others, but I'm liking this series overall. Even though it does feel overdone at times, I can relate and I do feel the over-doing is likely to help the reader get into the kind of anxiety those moments can feel like for people going through them.

You know, I'd be interested in more works that deal directly with LGBT themes in a serious and direct manner, if people have suggestions.

Octave deals very explicitly with homophobia and one partner dealing with dating the same sex for the first time. Healthy dose of relationship drama too

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

the final chapter of tetsugaku letra has been uploaded on batoto http://bato.to/comic/_/comics/tetsugaku-letra-r5557

i really liked that story, and i didnt realize it was the last chapter. it was good

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
Yay finally! It was frustrating sometimes but so good. I'm jealous of everyone who gets to read it straight through now though :mad:

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

Yay finally! It was frustrating sometimes but so good. I'm jealous of everyone who gets to read it straight through now though :mad:

wow i just realized chapter 1 was 4 years ago

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
https://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=120916
I guess this is her newest thing? Art only though, someone else is writing.

Wish it had a description at least.

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

https://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=120916
I guess this is her newest thing? Art only though, someone else is writing.

Wish it had a description at least.

here is a google translate

quote:

Mediocre male college student , Ogata NozomiKazu it is anywhere in the ( Kiwa Ogata ) .
Also to not work job hunting , just been scolded her ,茉洋( Mahiro ), but firmly .

In such NozomiKazu , there is a secret that does not say one thing to anyone .
- It is that you have the " power to grant the wish ."

But it is dangerous force associated with a price . The secret that has been quietly suffering in their own .
However , that was confided the presence of its forces in茉洋,
Two people of the fate of the gear is gradually out crazy - .

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
Konyakusei
Hanaoka Sanchi married Saionji Koichi from the same high school because of the recent death of both her parents. But will they truly fall in love with each other along the way?

Just read the first chapter of this, looks like it'll be pretty cute. A high school couple that gets married and starts living together out of convenience; the girl is the sweet, hardworking type and the guy is kind of a :spergin: so I anticipate lots of problems around him not understanding how to live with another person or be a normal human person in general. The usual Summer Rain quality translation though, so that's a bummer. Glad it's ongoing with 2 volumes and not a one-shot, even though it kinda has one-shot pacing in that chapter.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

the art isn't great, but the pacing is hype

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Ohana Holoholo updated.
http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/ohana_holoholo_ch13

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Dick Spacious CPA posted:

the final chapter of tetsugaku letra has been uploaded on batoto http://bato.to/comic/_/comics/tetsugaku-letra-r5557

i really liked that story, and i didnt realize it was the last chapter. it was good

This is really good, even if every character has bizarre ears.

z0glin Warchief
May 16, 2007

So, uh, Stretch. I just found out that the volume 4 "epilogue" minichapter was never translated, as far as I can tell. So here it is, I guess.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

z0glin Warchief posted:

So, uh, Stretch. I just found out that the volume 4 "epilogue" minichapter was never translated, as far as I can tell. So here it is, I guess.

it's somehow even less satisfying

thanks though, you rock zoglin

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Why did I read that? I don't need this old wound reopened.

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica

z0glin Warchief posted:

I liked it. Thank you.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

chumbler posted:

Why did I read that? I don't need this old wound reopened.

kinda rubbed a lil salt in too haha

super friendship

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

i guess you could say the wound was

stretched open

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

I'm so hsppy!!!!!

e; happy, too

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I really, really like the look of surprise or bewilderment Misuzu has been making these past few Tomo-chan pages

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

z0glin Warchief posted:

Such. Good. Friends.

You should upload that to dynasty and/or batoto too.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

z0glin Warchief posted:

I hate you for posting this, but also, thanks for translating. Typo time:

"we when"

z0glin Warchief
May 16, 2007

a kitten posted:

Such. Good. Friends.

You should upload that to dynasty and/or batoto too.

This is why I haven't:

Lemon-Lime posted:

I hate you for posting this, but also, thanks for translating. Typo time:

"we when"

Thanks! Always catchin' my dumb mistakes :buddy:

Captain Invictus posted:

I really, really like the look of surprise or bewilderment Misuzu has been making these past few Tomo-chan pages

In my experience native speakers do sometimes miss a small handful of problems, but usually because the questions are horrible.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

z0glin Warchief posted:

In my experience native speakers do sometimes miss a small handful of problems, but usually because the questions are horrible.

As someone who is bilingual (but not in Japanese, so YMMV for Japanese tests), I can confirm that usually, you end up performing worse in an academic context because the focus is on explicitly identifying rules of grammar, which is something that native speakers never need to do. I speak two languages natively, but I can't teach either of them for poo poo because I have no idea what verbs are irregular, I just know how you conjugate poo poo.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
Also, new Mahoutsukai no Yome and Otouto no Otto today. :toot:

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

z0glin Warchief posted:

This is why I haven't:
That's exactly why you should.

They should suffer alongside the rest of us.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

So I've been following the Kiss Him, Not Me translation Batoto is doing, and they put out a new chapter today.

And I'm getting the sense that they...somehow skipped a lot of chapters, because last chapter ended on a weird body-swap story cliffhanger, and this chapter picked up on a completely different and unrelated cliffhanger, and what is even going on

Mors Rattus fucked around with this message at 17:12 on Apr 16, 2016

z0glin Warchief
May 16, 2007

^^^Did it get removed? I'm not seeing any recent updates. (Unless maybe you're not talking about an English release, or I'm looking at the wrong title entirely.)

Captain Invictus posted:

That's exactly why you should.

They should suffer alongside the rest of us.

It's in the moderation queue at Batoto now. I'm not sure how to go about adding stuff to Dynasty, but I figure it'll make it's way there through the magic of the internet somehow.

Lemon-Lime posted:

As someone who is bilingual (but not in Japanese, so YMMV for Japanese tests), I can confirm that usually, you end up performing worse in an academic context because the focus is on explicitly identifying rules of grammar, which is something that native speakers never need to do. I speak two languages natively, but I can't teach either of them for poo poo because I have no idea what verbs are irregular, I just know how you conjugate poo poo.

Yeah, I understand that's the usual way things work, but all the English language tests I've seen in Japan (granted, only a handful, if from varied sources) have been focused on stuff like reading comprehension, listening, vocab, and conjugation (like multiple choice questions of "which conjugation goes in this blank?"). I have no idea if that relates at all to the relatively poor quality of English language eduction here or not.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

No, I got the name wrong. I typed Batoto and meant Crunchyroll. I pay Crunchyroll for manga subscription stuff and that is what I meant.

z0glin Warchief
May 16, 2007

Mors Rattus posted:

No, I got the name wrong. I typed Batoto and meant Crunchyroll. I pay Crunchyroll for manga subscription stuff and that is what I meant.

That would explain it! Crunchyroll is blocked here though so I'm afraid I can't help check :(.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Mors Rattus posted:

And I'm getting the sense that they...somehow skipped a lot of chapters, because last chapter ended on a weird body-swap story cliffhanger, and this chapter picked up on a completely different and unrelated cliffhanger, and what is even going on

You are the second person in as many days to say this. The bodyswap thing is an omake, they didn't skip anything. :v:

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Okay. So it didn't follow from the chapter before that, either, so it is not in fact picking up off a cliffhanger, it just feels like it should be. Got it.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Mors Rattus posted:

Okay. So it didn't follow from the chapter before that, either, so it is not in fact picking up off a cliffhanger, it just feels like it should be. Got it.

Yeah. 33 concluded the stalker thing, 34 and 35 are about Serinuma's birthday and the reappearance of someone Igarashi and Nanashima used to know.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
It was confusing for a second when I read it too, the fact it was an omake wasn't clearly indicated at all and it was like wtf just happened

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:

z0glin Warchief posted:

i hate everything

is there new tamen de gushi yet i need to ease the pain

e: oh poo poo there is one from ~6 days ago http://mangafox.me/manga/tamen_de_gushi/c096/1.html

abraham linksys fucked around with this message at 22:35 on Apr 16, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Cooking Sisters Ch. 7