Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kytrarewn
Jul 15, 2011

Solving mysteries in
Bb, F and D.
We've been discussing Asterisk Wars in the old thread also: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3750631

Not that there's much to discuss, mind, but what discussion there has been has been in there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

Kytrarewn posted:

We've been discussing Asterisk Wars in the old thread also: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3750631

Not that there's much to discuss, mind, but what discussion there has been has been in there.

Oh, good. Added.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Kytrarewn posted:

Space Patrol Luluco remains excellent. I think Trigger might be at its best in 8 minute chunks.

i think yoh yoshinari can be good in half-hour chunks too, though

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

Girls und Kriegsschiffe is still good.

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Kiznaiver - Everybody Hurts

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

a kitten posted:

Kiznaiver - Everybody Hurts

Okada's writing and Ttigger's manic, expressive house style are surprisingly good fits for each other.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

Gyra_Solune posted:

i've never watched it but i've heard it's really dumb and silly

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_lB6lWitvgQ demdy is a wise man

(the yuuno eyes have already shown up and the girl in question doesn't seem that crazy, she's just, 'you killed my father, now i must kill you')

Thank you for sharing this channel goonsir
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5EPM3odPEb4

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant
Today I watched the first episode of Tanaka-kun is Always Listless. Seems like fun in a low-key sort of way. I like how they used Ohta carrying Tanaka around as a screen wipe towards the end.

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013
So, I'm enjoying ~HaiFuri~
But for some reason, I can't stop laughing at the "doctor" character, just by virtue of being a high school doctor. She's barely got any lines, but she is simultaneously the funniest character on the show

Webcormac McCarthy
Nov 26, 2007

AnacondaHL posted:

Thank you for sharing this channel goonsir
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5EPM3odPEb4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OwIZLdclRws

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

lol

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Haifuri remains fun, and I applaud the MC's courage and initiative in collecting more members for her harem.

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

i'm still not feeling kiznaiver's plot but the character animation is so good and fun i don't really care

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
character animation has always been what trigger's best at

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

The Colonel posted:

character animation has always been what trigger's best at

i didn't watch that super powers club show much, but it didn't seem all that impressive in that regard

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Parallax posted:

i didn't watch that super powers club show much, but it didn't seem all that impressive in that regard

yeah, but that wasn't really done in their usual style, i think that was just them doing a straight ln adaptation. most of their stuff outside of that that isn't inferno cop or most of ninja slayer is pretty expressive

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

i didnt know mari okada wrote the kiznaiver show.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Dick Spacious CPA posted:

i didnt know mari okada wrote the kiznaiver show.

She did indeed. Also, Mayoiga, which is similarly silly but in a somewhat different way.

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

i also love the country music that starts playing at the end of kiznaiver too

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
I have no idea where kiznaiver is going but it has been entertaining thus far so I don't really care.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

the writing in the first ep of kiznaiver was next level awful

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

Davincie posted:

it was better and i think that one character is supposed to be like that

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Davincie posted:

yeah. i think it looks cool, but i bet the story is going to be bad.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

yeah, the second episode of Kiznaiver was much better. it's worth giving a shot imo

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Anyone else picking up a certain Scientology vibe from the Kiznaiver project? You know, the whole 'WHAT ARE YOUR CRIMES?' thing.

Torquemadras
Jun 3, 2013

I have no loving clue what Kiznaiver is gonna be, all I know is that the cast is cool and it looks really amazing. Also, the intro song is utterly hypnotic. For some reason, I expect it to transform into a space-y version of Take On Me right in the middle...

I guess it's trolling the protagonists into being friends? Is this gonna be some super-dumb social experiment? I expected the second episode to show its hand, but I still have not the slightest bit of an idea what's gonna happen. I guess I'll watch it because it's Trigger and it could turn into absolutely everything at this point.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

It's totally a social experiment, the bit with the mayor and the teachers at the beginning said as much in episode two. Unless I completely misunderstood them.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

a kitten posted:

It's totally a social experiment, the bit with the mayor and the teachers at the beginning said as much in episode two. Unless I completely misunderstood them.

Yep, the whole thing seems to be an insane, dystopian, and darkly comic stab at manufacturing human connections by the sorts of people who are considerably more in need of human connections than their test subjects. Especially if what happened to the MC in his backstory was an early try at the Kiznaiver project, in which case he had his life wrecked by the same procedure that tried to (unnecessarily) give him one in the first place.

It could be really fun (and by fun I mean scary) if they double down on the (already pretty blatant) cult recruitment parallels and end up showing that some of the stuff the kids reveal about themselves is due to stress-induced false memories, or some similarly mad poo poo.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Serious Frolicking posted:

I have no idea where kiznaiver is going but it has been entertaining thus far so I don't really care.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

They just put a bunch of 15 years olds on giant ships and bon voyaged them onto the open sea. What in the heck.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

rich kids have sail camps here which is basically the same thing really

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

I have an extra high ability to suspend my disbelief, but High School Fleet is pushing it to the limit. But, let's see what the second episode brings. :patriot:

Zettace
Nov 30, 2009
I find how happy and upbeat they are about being shot at and labeled traitors more weird than girls in boats, personally.

l33tc4k30fd00m
Sep 5, 2004

Boy am I watching a lot of shows from this season, this is actually quite unusual for me.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Currently on Watch list from this season:
Netoge no Yome wa Onnanoko ja Nai to Omotta?
Unhappy♪
Bakuon!!
Concrete Revolutio
JJBA
Kiznaiver
Kuma Miko
Shounen Maid
Tanaka-kun wa Itsumo Kedaruge
Sansha Sanyou
Pan de Peace!
Uchuu Patrol Luluco
Flying Witch
Kabaneri
Hai Furi

Currently watching from before this season:
Nijiro Days
Zyuohger
Kamen Rider: Ghost

Things from that have still not been checked to watch from this season:
Mayoiga

things from last season that I haven't gotten around to finishing:
Boku Dake ga Inai Machi
Grimgar
Showa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu

Good thing I'm graduating in a week so I'll have more time for all this anime!

Edit: Moved Attack on Train and Hai Furi to watch list.

Xelkelvos fucked around with this message at 05:33 on Apr 17, 2016

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
Grimgar is pretty great, if only for the magic disappearing helmet.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
Kiznaiver ep 2 was pretty fun, I'm enjoying the weirdness. Finally gonna watch Bungou Stray Dogs.

Flying Witch is nice and relaxing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Haifuri is totally bonkers, like a sports anime but with uh, live ammo. It's great

https://a.pomf.cat/evamjd.webm

• Locked thread