Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Glass
May 1, 2009
holy poo poo those trash mixels. that whole series is going to be an instant buy for me :homebrew:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride

Machaon posted:

Disney minifigs up on US S@H with May 1st release date. Calling bullshit on there being no Goofy.

Most of these look pretty cool I guess, but the one that I'm assuming is supposed to be the cheshire cat is pretty damned hideous. Ursula and, I guess it's Maleficent, are pretty neat. Hook's hat is awesome. And so is Buzz.

I just realized there's no Woody. What the crap?

Gotta leave some out for series 2

Pyroclastic
Jan 4, 2010

I've heard that the Disney figs are showing up at east coast Targets.
According to a facebook post I found googling the box breakdown is:

Toy Story Alien x4
Stitch x4
Syndrome x4
Mr. Incredible x4
Mickey x4
Genie x4
Donald Duck x3
Chershire Cat x3
Ariel x3
Alice x3
Captain Hook x3
Minnie X3
Maleficient x3
Peter Pan x3
Ursula x3
Aladdin x3
Buzz Lightyear x3
Daisy Duck x3

3 full sets per box, plus an extra Mr. Incredible, Syndrome, Stitch, Toy Story Alien, Mickey, and Genie.

omnibobb: If you're serious about wanting a full set, I'll try to get a full box and sell a set for like $80 (18 figs @ $4, plus tax) plus shipping. Cheaper if I manage to get them somewhere with a sale going on.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

More waves = more money

Luchacabra
Jun 12, 2015

Shawn posted:

I don't know if anyone is paying attention, but Barnes and Noble is clearancing a grip of 2015 sets. I got a bunch of starwars troop builders and micro fighters, along with some swamp criminals. Everything 50% off. They are unmarked and random so check the store pickup prices on the website if you go in, and ignore any workers that tell you they are not on sale.

Thanks for this notice and for the advice about using the store pickup price on the website. I just picked up a bunch of Chima sets. Mostly the fire and ice stuff (mammoth walker, fire lion tank, and some flipping panther/tiger vehicle), but I also found one of the Eagle Interceptor jets from the very first wave.

Gann Jerrod
Sep 9, 2005

A gun isn't a gun unless it shoots Magic.
I really enjoy the Mixel line now that they've gone beyond the normal themes and are really branching out. I'm probably going to pick up the sweeper one, because I've been mildly obsessed with Lego street sweepers since I was a kid.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

xzzy posted:

The next mixels series is amazing:

http://imgur.com/a/bC1qh

They're just so awesomely absurd.

I want this.

Olpainless
Jun 30, 2003
... Insert something brilliantly witty here.
I'm loving the trash mixels especially, but this one in particular:

speaks to me. (Also, all those lovely green curves and panels, drat!)

featurecreep
Jul 23, 2002

Yes, Robinson, take the Major, the Robot, your wife and kids... but leave Will for my plea-- his education.

Pyroclastic posted:

Toy Story Alien x4
Stitch x4
Syndrome x4
Mr. Incredible x4
Mickey x4
Genie x4
Donald Duck x3
Chershire Cat x3
Ariel x3
Alice x3
Captain Hook x3
Minnie X3
Maleficient x3
Peter Pan x3
Ursula x3
Aladdin x3
Buzz Lightyear x3
Daisy Duck x3

3 full sets per box, plus an extra Mr. Incredible, Syndrome, Stitch, Toy Story Alien, Mickey, and Genie.

omnibobb: If you're serious about wanting a full set, I'll try to get a full box and sell a set for like $80 (18 figs @ $4, plus tax) plus shipping. Cheaper if I manage to get them somewhere with a sale going on.

I'd be up for it too if you end up doing this.

pzy
Feb 20, 2004

Da Boom!
Mixels are awesome, most notably the one with the Pixies reference

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Pyroclastic
Jan 4, 2010

featurecreep posted:

I'd be up for it too if you end up doing this.

Turns out my target got them in today, but they were cleaned out before I even got off work.
They always put them out on an endcap pegboard, though, so it's difficult to get an intact box.
And, sure, I'll add you to the list if I manage to find a box.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

pzy posted:

Mixels are awesome, most notably the one with the Pixies reference

I thought it was a Beatles/Yellow Submarine reference, though that may just be due to the absurdist nature of the Mixels in general.

omnibobb
Dec 3, 2005
Title text'd

Pyroclastic posted:

Toy Story Alien x4
Stitch x4
Syndrome x4
Mr. Incredible x4
Mickey x4
Genie x4
Donald Duck x3
Chershire Cat x3
Ariel x3
Alice x3
Captain Hook x3
Minnie X3
Maleficient x3
Peter Pan x3
Ursula x3
Aladdin x3
Buzz Lightyear x3
Daisy Duck x3

I am. Let me know

Edit: still looking for Pan, native american lady, and farmer from series 15 and unicorn from 13 if anyone has them for trade/sale

omnibobb fucked around with this message at 01:08 on Apr 22, 2016

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
Ausgoons, Shopforme is doing roughly 20% off most lines.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

Krazyface posted:

Ausgoons, Shopforme is doing roughly 20% off most lines.

Cheers for the heads up

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
Copying this post from the action figure thread in bss....

Louisgod posted:

IT's dangerous to go alone, take this

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe
Doesn't work in Canada :(

I miss Zellers it was an OK store and had awesome Lego sales seemingly every month.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Wondering if I should be optimistic/excited about the May the 4th Lego Sale on Star Wars poo poo. I wanna get something bigger, maybe Poe's Xwing...

Pyroclastic
Jan 4, 2010

I won an auction on ebay for the 6780 XT Starship for significantly less than what it typically goes for, since it was missing some pieces and was assembled incorrectly in the preview pics (and had a white minifig instead of yellow, and it's missing all the gold from its emblem). Most of the key components were present, but I estimated less than $10 to finish it from Bricklink. I just got it today, and the seller packed it into a USPS Large Mailing box (one of those good for up to 75lbs). It was mostly assembled, and cushioned in tissue paper, bubble wrap, and airbags. He did not bother to put anything in ziplocs, which is like Lego Selling 101.
It was obviously on a shelf for years, and there's quite a bit of dust, so I'm cleaning the non-electronic pieces now. Sadly, he left the 9-volt in the battery box for a very long time, and there's green corrosion on the contacts. I hope I'll be able to clean it. Once the pieces are cleaned, I'll see what's missing.

Just finished counting. Missing 14 parts total, had two wrong-color substitutions, not counting the minifig. Quite unexpectedly, it's missing all 6 trans red antennas, and they're going for $.50+ on bricklink. There's a US seller that has everything, but he bizarrely wants $5 for a trans red 1x1 cylinder with fins. Pretty sure I can get everything from a Euro seller for less after shipping.

Pyroclastic fucked around with this message at 06:45 on Apr 24, 2016

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
Ha, thank you. I finally know what the light and sound bits in my box of old lego are from! However most other parts are gone.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

I'm at Steak n Shake, where they had these in a quarter machine.

Lil Lego knock offs.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride
Love the "YOU ARE WORTH HAVING!"

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Jonas Albrecht posted:

I'm at Steak n Shake, where they had these in a quarter machine.

Lil Lego knock offs.

Kind of looks like the old G.I. Joe Cobra Hiss Tank.

Has there been any news if they're doing Lego for the upcoming "Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them" film?

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
This is real good, nice little attention to detail like the S2 engine.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Davros1 posted:

Has there been any news if they're doing Lego for the upcoming "Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them" film?

Oh man, I hope so!

Any idea how long that Ghostbusters firehouse will be available for? I'm almost able to buy it and I'm getting worried it will be gone soon.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Oh man, I hope so!

Any idea how long that Ghostbusters firehouse will be available for? I'm almost able to buy it and I'm getting worried it will be gone soon.

It only came out January 1st, you're good. The SHIELD Helicarrier is still out from, when? 2014?

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Thank you for calming my toy fears.

ixnay
Jun 11, 2002

rainbow dash why are you making such a cool face?!
Technic Porsche 911 GT3 RS

June 1, 2704 pieces, $299.99 / 299.99€ / £249.99

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L5wy0YhCuuA

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Oh my.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

350$ Canadian. Oof. Sure looks cool though.

Apollodorus
Feb 13, 2010

TEST YOUR MIGHT
:patriot:
I think that car will have to be passed over in favor of an XBone in my house. Cannot justify the price on my budget.

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Well there goes my yearly LEGO budget.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Since I have no interest in the Hoth set, I might pick that one up.

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2
Just got an ad in the post for something called the "Pick a Model" wall. Looks to be that you pay four quid and they let you pick out the bricks that essentially makes up a Creator polybag (without the bag). Nice for kids if you're shopping near the store and they want a nice Lego treat but not 100% sure why it got sent out in special "Sneak peek for Lego VIPs only" packaging.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

PAB has been doing a lite version for the past year.. single set available, pick the components off the wall.

It does seem to improve the variety of pieces, before that the wall never really seemed to change.

w00tazn
Dec 25, 2004
I don't say w00t in real life
Is that 911, June 1 in the USA also? Shut up and take my money.

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

Ignorance, the root of all evil
I have no great interest in Porsche or Technic but goddamn that GT3 is sexy. Shame it'll cost about 2 million dollarydoos.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

If money is a limitation, just save your Lego car budget for the Caterham.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

I would have paid 300 for a McLaren 650s GT3. I'm bored with Porsches, going to pass in this one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crazy Pigeon
Nov 2, 2010
I'm more dissapointed that they didn't give us an option to use the car camo version they showed a while back haha.