Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

Crowsbeak posted:

Why shouldn't I profit from paranoid delusions?

If you turn a profit, you should give at least as much money as you invested to some anti-gun group.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hermetic
Sep 7, 2007

by exmarx

StandardVC10 posted:

Is there such a thing as gun hipsters? I feel like there's probably such a thing as gun hipsters.

I remember hearing about hipsters hanging out at shooting ranges a few years ago, there there's a couple of articles on google about it, mostly talking about a buzzfeed article about sending a few hipsters to a gun range to shoot, and how that was totally gonna be the next trend...But that's about it.

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

Re: Hand loaded rounds - Target shooters specializing in long distance shots will often hand load their own rounds so that they know each bullet will be consistent in terms of velocity. I think military snipers also do this.

I've got an interesting dichotomy in beliefs where I like target shooting and firearms in general but I believe that you should be licensed to own a gun. It's too easy for some idiot to go John Wayne and accidentally shot themselves or somebody else because they don't properly know how to use a firearm.

Bushiz
Sep 21, 2004

The #1 Threat to Ba Sing Se

Grimey Drawer
Guns are fun to shoot and fun to use and I own several but you should have to pass several competency tests to own them and receive an annual psych evaluation to or have them taken from you.

Ytlaya posted:

Related to this, I find that a bunch of internet conservatives will completely flip the gently caress out if they feel you're disrespecting them. For example, if you just reply to them with something like "lol look at this guy" or "cool story bro" (and then never reply to any of their replies) they will often freak out and start demanding you respond to them. Like, they will sometimes proceed to send you multiple messages because they can't deal with the idea of someone openly disrespecting them and not being able to somehow "win" against them.

Their entire careers are based around their insecurity and that of their audience. If you get one of their followers going on Facebook or Twitter you can usually keep them occupied for hours by saying "oh, for sure man" to whatever they say and it will make them lose their drat minds.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I didn't like guns or the idea of guns until I lived with my last roommate who had like, 10 or so. I ended up going to the range with him and loving it and I'm planning on buying at least a bolt .22 rifle, a lever-action .22 rifle and a 9mm handgun just for range shooting. Guns are fun. But I feel like when I get one I should have to go through an intense screening process and have to wait like a month or more before I actually receive it.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

StandardVC10 posted:

Is there such a thing as gun hipsters? I feel like there's probably such a thing as gun hipsters.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

Ytlaya posted:

Related to this, I find that a bunch of internet conservatives will completely flip the gently caress out if they feel you're disrespecting them. For example, if you just reply to them with something like "lol look at this guy" or "cool story bro" (and then never reply to any of their replies) they will often freak out and start demanding you respond to them. Like, they will sometimes proceed to send you multiple messages because they can't deal with the idea of someone openly disrespecting them and not being able to somehow "win" against them.

Insecurity is big business. Especially with conservatives. Most super conservative pundits, politicians, media, and/or businesses make big money off of exploiting the fears and worries of these groups. The loudest ones work well at attacking an enemy to compensate, but they can't deal with actual mockery since they don't have the real confidence to back any of it up.

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

Aesop Poprock posted:

I didn't like guns or the idea of guns until I lived with my last roommate who had like, 10 or so. I ended up going to the range with him and loving it and I'm planning on buying at least a bolt .22 rifle, a lever-action .22 rifle and a 9mm handgun just for range shooting. Guns are fun. But I feel like when I get one I should have to go through an intense screening process and have to wait like a month or more before I actually receive it.

If all you're doing is target shooting, a .22 and a 9mm will suffice. People go out and buy these huge caliber guns to shoot and shoot themselves out of a mortgage payment.

I keep a .357 in my night stand and own a Chinese SKS I got for $130 at a pawn shop a couple years back. I couldn't see a reason for owning more unless I did hunting or some poo poo.

If conservatives want to bitch about gun law restrictions, they should look at a country like Germany where you have to basically do a year or two of training PLUS make yourself available for random government inspections. You're restricted to one handgun and one rifle in your household and you have to store the bolt and the rifle in two physically separate locations. Source: 70 year old German guy who I worked with for a couple years.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Vargatron posted:

If all you're doing is target shooting, a .22 and a 9mm will suffice. People go out and buy these huge caliber guns to shoot and shoot themselves out of a mortgage payment.

I keep a .357 in my night stand and own a Chinese SKS I got for $130 at a pawn shop a couple years back. I couldn't see a reason for owning more unless I did hunting or some poo poo.

If conservatives want to bitch about gun law restrictions, they should look at a country like Germany where you have to basically do a year or two of training PLUS make yourself available for random government inspections. You're restricted to one handgun and one rifle in your household and you have to store the bolt and the rifle in two physically separate locations. Source: 70 year old German guy who I worked with for a couple years.

I love how many people say they're moving to New Zealand because of our gun laws when you can't legally own a handgun for personal use, need a special permit to use one in a gun range, can only keep it in a safe at home or in a vehicle while it is in transit between home and the gun range. As a result every shooting incident (down to one person murdering another person with a gun) is a major fuckin' news story- front page for weeks- rather than just being "something that happens every now and again and can't be prevented."

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

Somfin posted:

I love how many people say they're moving to New Zealand because of our gun laws when you can't legally own a handgun for personal use, need a special permit to use one in a gun range, can only keep it in a safe at home or in a vehicle while it is in transit between home and the gun range. As a result every shooting incident (down to one person murdering another person with a gun) is a major fuckin' news story- front page for weeks- rather than just being "something that happens every now and again and can't be prevented."

That always gets me. The USA is a nation where mass shootings have managed to become routine and our response was to essentially just add more guns to the situaion, butconservative's still can't shut up about how their manhood enhancers are in such great danger. It's like some people have nothing resembling a sense of perspective to tell them that dozens of people being murdered on a routine basis means that something might actually be wrong with our gun culture solely because they have not experienced it personally and want to keep their toys.

citybeatnik
Mar 1, 2013

You Are All
WEIRDOS

Somfin posted:

The tree of liberty to own guns must occasionally be watered by the blood of those who accidentally discharge their gun in their face. Or by the blood of kids who find their parents' unholstered pistol laying around. Or by the blood of people who just look like the wrong sort to you.

What I'm trying to say is that gun-rights in my country is basically a vampiric or Lovecraftian blood cult. And if the blood ever stops flowing then either George Washington no longer has the strength to ensure that the sun rises in the east and sets in the west, that spring follows winter, and the stars stay where they lest Sherman be unleashed upon them... or the blood sigil holding back whatever Masonic deity the founding fathers buried beneath Washington's monument fail and out rises an eon of death.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Reminder that if you ever see "accidental discharge" in an incident description, it's generally just a nice way of saying "owner was a dumb poo poo and gun operated perfectly". Sometimes it's to spare a family the shame of a suicide though.

Grandpa went into his shed and put on some Townes Van Zandt and propped himself up in a corner on his favorite stool and uhhh, cleaned his gun and it went off accidentally

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 202 days!

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Man, something I'm starting to see in various pundit articles that I never thought I would see: an admission that voters choosing Donald Trump is a sign that those voters are trash people, politically. That we've finally found a candidate and base so opposite to reality that they broke the sacred bond between voter and straight reporter that says a vote can never be wrong.

The example I keep seeing is articles based on the (hella old) poll showing that Conservative voters think Donald is their most electable option that showed 47% to Ted Cruz's 15, Marco's 14...and frankly go ahead and add Cruz's total to Don's because those are both headscratchers for explaining why they're most electable.

Now if only they had the self awareness to realize that these people were at least smart enough to reject another Bush, while the pundits were ready to line up for a third round of the same dumb rear end mistake.

Bushiz posted:

Guns are fun to shoot and fun to use and I own several but you should have to pass several competency tests to own them and receive an annual psych evaluation to or have them taken from you.

The best range shooting is range shooting in Canada :canada:

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

Epic High Five posted:

Reminder that if you ever see "accidental discharge" in an incident description, it's generally just a nice way of saying "owner was a dumb poo poo and gun operated perfectly". Sometimes it's to spare a family the shame of a suicide though.

Grandpa went into his shed and put on some Townes Van Zandt and propped himself up in a corner on his favorite stool and uhhh, cleaned his gun and it went off accidentally

Not even a $200 hi-point will discharge by doing things like dropping it on the floor. I think someone at the range said that it's interesting that guns only fire when dropped by men.

It's usually the result of bad trigger discipline or doing stupid poo poo like not unloading a gun before trying to disassemble it or something.

I'm okay with current gun laws in the US and have no particular objection to them.

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene
I wish we had stricter gun laws but we lost that battle. Thankfully, improving economic conditions reduces crime including gun violence, so we can address the problem more effectively through other means. There seems to be real and meaningful movement on that front, may as well focus on it .

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump
Breitbart is using the Glenn Beck cheeto face picture for their articles clowning on him and it's pretty great.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Yeah I gave up on gun control after Sandy Hook. That's a battle for the next generation

I like guns and think they're neat. I only really want handgun control because they are by far the worst in terms of practical usefulness to use in crimes ratio

beatlegs
Mar 11, 2001

Shbobdb posted:

I wish we had stricter gun laws but we lost that battle. Thankfully, improving economic conditions reduces crime including gun violence, so we can address the problem more effectively through other means. There seems to be real and meaningful movement on that front, may as well focus on it .

http://www.snopes.com/toddlers-killed-americans-terrorists/

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Meanwhile, Drudge is also linking to infowars again and has one of Jones' recent videos at over 300k views in a handful of days.

code:
youtube.com/watch?v=KmpCF55IaMA
if you're interested. Jones is claiming that Glenn Beck is possessed by demons or something.

"[Glenn Beck] is a con-artist that's preying on people!"

Sir Tonk fucked around with this message at 22:11 on May 7, 2016

beatlegs
Mar 11, 2001

I've never understood the "enabler" thing. Is he suggesting she knew about & encouraged the affairs?

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

beatlegs posted:

I've never understood the "enabler" thing. Is he suggesting she knew about & encouraged the affairs?

Pretty much

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

My guys are still fighting the hard fight!
(weapons, shields and drones are still online!)

beatlegs posted:

I imagine it's because if a wife does not acquiesce to her husband's need for sexual release she isn't the victim, she's the cause. Because man is by nature a free thinking animal capable of choice and subjugated by natural instinct.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Sir Tonk posted:

if you're interested. Jones is claiming that Glenn Beck is possessed by demons or something.

arnt they all loving con-men.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Dapper_Swindler posted:

Nobody will rip into a con man harder than a competing con man

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Dapper_Swindler posted:

:thejoke:

But yeah, Jones is waaaaaay worse than Beck. Beck was just shilling for advertisers, Jones has an entire line of prepper bullshit and great things such as

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GTTTZxQaEgw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OPZbfwTU93A

Looking up reviews of the Male Vitality Serum on youtube is worth your time.

Sir Tonk fucked around with this message at 22:30 on May 7, 2016

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

How is he so bad at nicknames? "Lyin' Ted" was just barely memorable, and every one he's tried to stick Hillary with has had between three and five more syllables than would be ideal.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Sir Tonk posted:

:thejoke:

But yeah, Jones is waaaaaay worse than Beck. Beck was just shilling for advertisers, Jones has an entire line of prepper bullshit and great things such as

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GTTTZxQaEgw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OPZbfwTU93A

Looking up reviews of the Male Vitality Serum on youtube is worth your time.

I remeber listing about Jones origins on the podcast The Dollop(its loving great,funny and depressing, listen to it) basicaly he found when he was young that the local police department was corrupt as gently caress and did a ton of drug planting/entrapment and brutality. basicaly after that assumed all of the government were corrupt. He also made money off idiots. so i think he believes it to an extent. but its probaly mostly an act. with beck. i think he just stared into the hellmouth for too long.

Xanderkish
Aug 10, 2011

Hello!

Keeshhound posted:

How is he so bad at nicknames? "Lyin' Ted" was just barely memorable, and every one he's tried to stick Hillary with has had between three and five more syllables than would be ideal.

Lyin' Ted was good (by Trump standards). It was a direct castigation of the man's morals, one that could (theoretically) sow doubt in the listener when they heard Ted speak. "Enabler Hillary" is indirect, confusing, and week. You have to think about what it means to enable, and what exactly she's enabling, and then translate that into a reason for why she's not fit to the presidency.

Very sloppy work, I give it 4 Trumps out of 10.

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

The only Crowder any of us need to talk about :
https://twitter.com/traecrowder/status/728584518282661888

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

Rick_Hunter posted:

I imagine it's because if a wife does not acquiesce to her husband's need for sexual release she isn't the victim, she's the cause. Because man is by nature a free thinking animal capable of choice and subjugated by natural instinct.

It's because Hillary is a she-devil whose ambition and lust for power know no bounds

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

icantfindaname posted:

It's because Hillary is a she-devil whose ambition and lust for power know no bounds

She's certainly not a succubus. :rimshot:

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

There isn't an :allears: large enough.

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

Keeshhound posted:

There isn't an :allears: large enough.

I'll give this goon the attention he deserves especially since he has a pretty good gimmick and he has the same name as <he who shall not be named>

Hermetic
Sep 7, 2007

by exmarx

This is beautiful, everything is beautiful.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 202 days!

Rick_Hunter posted:

She's certainly not a succubus. :rimshot:

I think we determined that she was a ... c... cambion? No... ah, there it is. Communist.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

Dapper_Swindler posted:

I remeber listing about Jones origins on the podcast The Dollop(its loving great,funny and depressing, listen to it) basicaly he found when he was young that the local police department was corrupt as gently caress and did a ton of drug planting/entrapment and brutality. basicaly after that assumed all of the government were corrupt. He also made money off idiots. so i think he believes it to an extent. but its probaly mostly an act. with beck. i think he just stared into the hellmouth for too long.

The Dollop did an episode on Alex Jones? Seriously? Which episode was that and how did I miss it?!?

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

Rick_Hunter posted:

I'll give this goon the attention he deserves especially since he has a pretty good gimmick and he has the same name as <he who shall not be named>

"carney-handed mango man." :roflolmao:

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

DivineCoffeeBinge posted:

The Dollop did an episode on Alex Jones? Seriously? Which episode was that and how did I miss it?!?

its the Jade helm episode. its not strictly about him, but the first 10-20 min talk about him and the conspiracy movement and how that tied into jade helm. anyone who listens to podcasts should listen to this podcast.

Dapper_Swindler fucked around with this message at 00:19 on May 8, 2016

McGlockenshire
Dec 16, 2005

GOLLOCKS!

Sir Tonk posted:

I keep plugging them, but The F Plus did an episode where they read those product descriptions and reviews, and it's amazing.

e: And the just-released-a-few-minutes-ago episode is on David Icke, and it should be horrifying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skrewtape
Sep 10, 2003
I like pie

Sir Tonk posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dll9waDR78A