Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
Sinanju Real Type, Char's Custom Sinanju, Sinanju Trans-Am ver.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
Sin Angel SinAnju (Shin Angler cannon ver.)

Bimmi
Nov 8, 2009

someday
but not today

Neddy Seagoon posted:

The Triana from the new IBO side-story was also shown at the Shizuoka Hobby Show as well. The white parts of the shoulder look really dumb because they're gonna get in the way of posing it any way except with the arms down or the shoulders raised up.

That's a one-off custom, so posing won't be an issue.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

I should build a lightbox one of these days.

Now to try and find a pose that exia's horrible ankles can support.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
Either glue the ankles entirely or just pose it flying through the air.

Most of Exia's good poses are it slashing things, and that's really hard to convey with a still pose. Go for it dashing with its swords drawn, maybe?

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
Speaking of Exia, I was bored so I made Prime92's Strike Exia in Gundam Breaker 3:

Edit: Everyone should get GB3. Super fun.

TaurusOxford fucked around with this message at 07:08 on May 13, 2016

Bimmi
Nov 8, 2009

someday
but not today
I don't have the Exia, but what's to prevent tightening up the ankle joints with paint/Future/CA glue/whatever?

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

TaurusOxford posted:

Speaking of Exia, I was bored so I made Prime92's Strike Exia in Gundam Breaker 3:

I ordered it from a UK eBay seller, so hoping it arrives today. Is this the place to share GB3 builds?

Bimmi posted:

I don't have the Exia, but what's to prevent tightening up the ankle joints with paint/Future/CA glue/whatever?

Been a while since I had it in hand, but I think they are just restricted in how you can position them. They made some huge jumps over the course of the 00 line, with Exia being a bit fiddly and inflexible with non-transparent sabers, through the lovely 00, the automorph gimmick of the Reborns to the superbly poseable 00Q.

Edit: with that said, the early line had Gundam Throne Zwei, which was superb. Lockon's fist suit was good too.

BizarroAzrael fucked around with this message at 14:09 on May 13, 2016

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."

TaurusOxford posted:

Amazon US has a listing for the english subs version, I'll be ordering it later today.

Eirgen
Jan 29, 2010
If you care to save a few bucks, it should be cheaper via play asia (but pay for fedex shipping... unless you don't want the game anytime soon). Do note if you do gundam breaker 3 with english subs, it is a singapore based game and need a singapore account to get the free dlc and get additional boosters if you wish to spend more money. You can play on other psn if you wish but then you will be opt'ing out of any dlc. Online play is still the same I believe.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

Eirgen posted:

If you care to save a few bucks, it should be cheaper via play asia (but pay for fedex shipping... unless you don't want the game anytime soon). Do note if you do gundam breaker 3 with english subs, it is a singapore based game and need a singapore account to get the free dlc and get additional boosters if you wish to spend more money. You can play on other psn if you wish but then you will be opt'ing out of any dlc. Online play is still the same I believe.

Can you just buy DLC via a Singapore account but play on your normal on?

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

BizarroAzrael posted:

Can you just buy DLC via a Singapore account but play on your normal on?

Yes.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
Getting that account basically involves reformatting a memory card right? I've never done it.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

You verified this? GB1 and 2 the game updates came regardless of account region but PSN store purchases like the BF Try parts in GB2 didn't appear unless you play on the region account. You could get those parts as drops in any region, though.

MJP
Jun 17, 2007

Are you looking at me Senpai?

Grimey Drawer

TaurusOxford posted:

I preordered from Play-Asia and my wife signed for a game-shaped box from Singapore just this morning. I knew I should have faked sick today.

A shame they don't have Qubeley Papillon parts, but you can adjust gloss and metallic effects, so I look forward to a metallic teal normal Qubeley.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Argh now I gotta decide whether to buy the MG Sinanju or the RG. On the one hand the MG is inherently more impressive due to its size and it would match my Unicorn, but I'm a big fan of the RG line and the fact that it's newer suggests it'll have more solid engineering. Decisions decisions.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Got my first high grade kits today at Ottawa comic con. The booth guy was super helpful. Got myself an RX-79[G]EZ-8 Gundam and a YMS-07B-0 Prototype Gouf tactical demonstrator. He didn't have the Gouf custom but close enough. Time to break out the knife and cut my hands open.

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Mordja posted:

Argh now I gotta decide whether to buy the MG Sinanju or the RG. On the one hand the MG is inherently more impressive due to its size and it would match my Unicorn, but I'm a big fan of the RG line and the fact that it's newer suggests it'll have more solid engineering. Decisions decisions.

The RG Sinanju will have gold pieces instead of stickers/decals for the trim.

That alone is enough (for me anyway).

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Zaku II status:

Chill as hell. Just have to finish the legs and then I'll go over it and fix what I can. Already looking for another.

Decal went surprisingly well. Probably won't do any more on this one because I need to work on cutting them out without mangling them.

Rock on, salmon dude.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

BlitzBlast posted:

Also here's the preview picture of the Sazabi conversion kit I mentioned earlier:

Turns out this is already out.

Their Zaku II is also up for preorder, though I can't say it's particularly The Origin-ny. No idea where they're RX-78-02 went though, and I can't exactly check since their site's on weibo.

Bimmi
Nov 8, 2009

someday
but not today

Mordja posted:

I'm a big fan of the RG line and the fact that it's newer suggests it'll have more solid engineering.

Wouldn't necessarily count on that.

Bimmi
Nov 8, 2009

someday
but not today
I'm just gonna be that guy and say that the the RG Sinanju's cladding-ornamentation thing looks kind of lovely.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Bimmi posted:

Wouldn't necessarily count on that.

The Sinanju doesn't transform

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -

Bimmi posted:

I'm just gonna be that guy and say that the the RG Sinanju's cladding-ornamentation thing looks kind of lovely.

Yeah, while I'm stoked that they tried to do it without stickers, the chest piece in specific looks really bad. To accommodate gold and black parts, the gold bits are super thick and lose a great deal of detail (so it looks less like the Neo Zeon logo and more like a big yellow triangle).

I'll wait for the RG Stein.

Eirgen
Jan 29, 2010
I had issues with dlc and stuff carrying over to other psns back in the past with breaker 2/PS3 so I didn't bother. I'm just straight playing it on singapore account and if there are sequels in the future with english version, I'll just stick to singapore account for those. I'll leave all my other games with US psn otherwise.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
:siren: :siren: :siren:

Mordja posted:

Doesn't the anime version of the MG come with a bazooka attachment, that's a dealmaker for me. Not that I give a rat's rear end about the Sinanju sadly.

Bimmi
Nov 8, 2009

someday
but not today
... unless they're holding it back, RG Sinanju does not appear to include the big-rear end gun.

Bimmi fucked around with this message at 04:21 on May 14, 2016

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

What in the nine hells?

Apparently it's P-Bandai... whatever it is.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Bimmi posted:

... unless they're holding it back, RG Sinanju does not appear to include the big-rear end gun.

Offhand, it wouldn't be in one of the 1/144 weapon packs, would it?

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

What in the nine hells?

Apparently it's P-Bandai... whatever it is.

Efreet Schneid:
http://gundam.wikia.com/wiki/MS-08TX/S_Efreet_Schneid

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Lost his leg in Robo War I
That's RE/100?

:getin:

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
GAO! FIGH! GAAAAAAR!!!!!

You guys can play guess the parts. :v:

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Midjack posted:

Offhand, it wouldn't be in one of the 1/144 weapon packs, would it?

It is, actually.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Dengeki Hobby showed off the fancy new RG Sinanju and it's upon GundamGuy (it's right at the end of the video). There are pictures as well.
Man that plastic looks like dogshit

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
it looks pretty decent for a first attempt at molding weird Unicorn trim, and some of the worst looking parts don't seem like they'd be -that- hard to fix by hand.

Honestly, I think what makes it look worse is the shininess of the red plastic around it. The entire thing looks too glossy for the trim to really stand out in a good way IMO.

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you

TaurusOxford posted:

GAO! FIGH! GAAAAAAR!!!!!

You guys can play guess the parts. :v:

Nice! I think I've got everything above the waist to at least the right series, but below that it's a wild ride.

KoB
May 1, 2009
I wish i liked Gundam Breaker more but man its just not fun to play.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

EthanSteele posted:

Nice! I think I've got everything above the waist to at least the right series, but below that it's a wild ride.

Full Armor ZZ legs with the Blitz's rocket anchors on the knees.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Neurolimal posted:

Honestly, I think what makes it look worse is the shininess of the red plastic around it. The entire thing looks too glossy for the trim to really stand out in a good way IMO.

Good thing matte varnish exists! :v:

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
I do wonder if they just gloss-varnished it up. Models on display at events like this do tend to be extra-shiny.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Finished up my ez8 hg. Took me about four hours. Biggest pain was applying the decals. I have big hands so I had to carefully fenagle them into place using a toothpick.

Trim is a little rough in places and I accidentally put the hip joints in backwards which required a fix, but overall I am satisfied. Now onto the gouf prototype