Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Apparently, there'll be a P-Bandai item related to the MG Full Armour (Thunderbolt) Gundam. I wonder what it might be? The kit looks pretty complete, and I don't believe there are any remotely similar designs that haven't already been covered by the MG line.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Darth Walrus posted:

Apparently, there'll be a P-Bandai item related to the MG Full Armour (Thunderbolt) Gundam. I wonder what it might be? The kit looks pretty complete, and I don't believe there are any remotely similar designs that haven't already been covered by the MG line.

Could be like the Freedom 2.0 where it's a bunch of effect parts.

Yawgmoft
Nov 15, 2004
At least ver ka Gundams always come with water slides now so I don't have to worry about that.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Midjack posted:

Could be like the Freedom 2.0 where it's a bunch of effect parts.

That'd actually be pretty neat and interesting. There's a lot of stuff piled on it that you could use effect parts for.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn

Darth Walrus posted:

Maybe the Thunderbolt GM?

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

BlitzBlast posted:

Maybe the Thunderbolt GM?

Nah, they're extremely different beasts. Effect parts seem more likely.

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Darth Walrus posted:

That nice looking display case?

MJP
Jun 17, 2007

Are you looking at me Senpai?

Grimey Drawer
Gundam Breaker 3 is a good game

Edit: a VERY good game

MJP fucked around with this message at 02:43 on May 15, 2016

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

:toot:

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Oh come on that's not for gundam hands that's for people hands now

Red Bones
Aug 9, 2012

"I think he's a bad enough person to stay ghost through his sheer love of child-killing."

Darth Walrus posted:

Nah, they're extremely different beasts. Effect parts seem more likely.

Really? I think besides the head and maybe the guns, the Thunderbolt FA kit has pretty much all the parts for a Thunderbolt GM.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
More specifically, while there are a lot of differences between the FA Gundam and the GM, the base RX-78-2 that we already know we have access to under all of that equipment is pretty similar. You can fudge the lines even more if you throw in how this is a vKa redesign too.

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

So are we just not mentioning the Scopedog Jegans coming in the next Build Fighters? Because want!

Astro Creep
May 14, 2013

There's no time, hurry up!

Everything's so fantastic!
Those are super neat, but

next Build Fighters? Was there an announcement recently?

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Astro Creep posted:

Not recently, but right after Try ended they announced OVAs for both Build Fighters and Try

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Astro Creep posted:

They're starting to show off models of the designs from the two OVAs announced at the end of BFT. Don't bring it up in the other thread though, the OP hates seeing models discussed there and has threatened to close it if they get mentioned there again.

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Lost his leg in Robo War I
I like Scopedogs and Jegans a lot but those just look ugly to me.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
The Zaku green Jegan looks great.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
It reminds me of Triclops' chunky visor.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Midjack posted:

They're starting to show off models of the designs from the two OVAs announced at the end of BFT. Don't bring it up in the other thread though, the OP hates seeing models discussed there and has threatened to close it if they get mentioned there again.

Is the OP Tomino?

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Just Droyer being a control freak.

Astro Creep
May 14, 2013

There's no time, hurry up!

Everything's so fantastic!

boom boom boom posted:

Not recently, but right after Try ended they announced OVAs for both Build Fighters and Try

Midjack posted:

They're starting to show off models of the designs from the two OVAs announced at the end of BFT.

Oh, okay, hadn't heard anything about that. Hope they won't be as disappointing as Try~ Thunderbolt was great, so they definitely have the capacity to make a good ova.

quote:

Don't bring it up in the other thread though, the OP hates seeing models discussed there and has threatened to close it if they get mentioned there again.

The other thread is uh, how do you say, not so good, so no big loss there.

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

I built the 1/100 grimgerde. It was fun! not a huge fan of the gun though

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

T.G. Xarbala posted:

Oh come on that's not for gundam hands that's for people hands now

I actually straight up have a photo of a friend holding it like a rifle, and he said yeah it was pretty much a normal person weapon at this point. Anywho!

I <3 radomes.

Midjack posted:

Look man, that's not the place for talking about plastic robots. No, shows about plastic robots don't count, shut up.

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Arcsquad12 posted:

Just Droyer being a control freak.

I was overzealous this time and I apologize, but I'd like to explain where I'm coming from: It's not that I dislike models, far from it, I probably have too many tbh. The thing is, the last gundam thread sometimes felt like it was interchangable with this one, with model discussion dominating the thread, and I don't want that for this one. I was wrong this time and I'm sorry and i promise to chill out in the future, but I hope you see where I'm coming from.

If you or anyone else wants to talk more about it that's fine of course, but if so I'd rather you do it either in the gundam thread or over PMs. I don't wanna bog down the gunpla thread in another thread's drama.

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -

DigitalRaven posted:

So are we just not mentioning the Scopedog Jegans coming in the next Build Fighters? Because want!

god drat i loving love jegans.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Broken Loose posted:

god drat i loving love jegans.

I'm a fan of pretty much every Feddie grunt suit, but the Jegans are pretty nice. 3 decades of active combat duty, too. Feddies knew they had a winner.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
I knew i was in for a test when the Nobel gundam showed up in stage two of Gundam breaker 3. My only issue is you get so many pieces after every mission it takes forever to sort through them all.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Kingtheninja posted:

I knew i was in for a test when the Nobel gundam showed up in stage two of Gundam breaker 3. My only issue is you get so many pieces after every mission it takes forever to sort through them all.

You can filter parts in the assemble menu, even by shows.

Also, I had a funny moment today in GB3. I figured I would help out a new guy who had set up a MP hangar, only to be kicked out after one mission. I guess he didn't appreciate my MG GaoFighGar one-shotting everything. :v:

Crazy Pigeon
Nov 2, 2010

Droyer posted:

I was overzealous this time and I apologize, but I'd like to explain where I'm coming from: It's not that I dislike models, far from it, I probably have too many tbh. The thing is, the last gundam thread sometimes felt like it was interchangable with this one, with model discussion dominating the thread, and I don't want that for this one. I was wrong this time and I'm sorry and i promise to chill out in the future, but I hope you see where I'm coming from.

If you or anyone else wants to talk more about it that's fine of course, but if so I'd rather you do it either in the gundam thread or over PMs. I don't wanna bog down the gunpla thread in another thread's drama.

It's cool man, I get why you didn't want model chat in there since we got this thread for that here. But you've got to admit that not wanting model chat in a thread about an anime that is specifically about gundam models and building them is kind of funny. (Plus the fact that the show is basically one huge advertisement to sell more kits)

MJP
Jun 17, 2007

Are you looking at me Senpai?

Grimey Drawer

Kingtheninja posted:

The triangle button quickly becomes your best friend. Doubly so with the de-select all option for series, so you can just go by individual or groups of series/universes.

Meanwhile it's so loving difficult to kill enough Kapools to get a body for it, so I just coughed up and bought it. The little fucker is so OP with claws it's not even funny.

Even better when it's gloss jet black all over.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

And done:

I appreciate the ingenuity of the springs for the leg tubes but gently caress them seriously

I found a hobby store about a half hour away. It's one of those special ones where it's just boxes stacked on top of each other and you fear for the impending avalanche. Good selection of gunpla in the back corner, though, and they have a rack of Tamiya stuff that I should comb through next time I trek there. Grabbed my next two:

Might start with the Waff because I like doofy grunt suits.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
*in Borat voice* My Waff

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
I'm finally getting started on my HG Rebake. Oh god, so many stickers. :cry:

E: Awww man, I thought the head actually transformed.

Mordja fucked around with this message at 00:01 on May 17, 2016

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Got a question about joints. Some of the joints on my hg kits are loose, leaving legs or hands limp wristed. Is there a way to tighten these up?
Additionally a question about the waist skirts on zeon models. The gouf model I have has very loose frontal skirts that only have one ball joint to attach them and even then easily popped out of place. How can I reinforce these without making things too tight?

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -

Arcsquad12 posted:

Got a question about joints. Some of the joints on my hg kits are loose, leaving legs or hands limp wristed. Is there a way to tighten these up?
Additionally a question about the waist skirts on zeon models. The gouf model I have has very loose frontal skirts that only have one ball joint to attach them and even then easily popped out of place. How can I reinforce these without making things too tight?

Put a dab of superglue on the ball joint and let it dry before plugging it back in. It should add some tension.

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Lost his leg in Robo War I
I've always heard of people using Future (a floor cleaner that was rebranded to Pledge something or other a while back) for that. Same idea, coat the joint and let it set.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

I really shouldn't buy any more kits but the more I see of the freedom 2.0 floating around the more I want it. It looks gorgeous.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Apart from the wobbly hands, my HG builds went well for a first time, and I don't feel too overwhelmed. I think I'll consider a master grade or a real grade for my next build. Please tell me if you think I'm jumping the gun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Arcsquad12 posted:

Apart from the wobbly hands, my HG builds went well for a first time, and I don't feel too overwhelmed. I think I'll consider a master grade or a real grade for my next build. Please tell me if you think I'm jumping the gun.

You can do it!

You'd only be jumping the gun if you decided you really want to buy something like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cTTWeSCUoXw