Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Salem Saberhagen
Feb 23, 2009

Casimir Radon posted:

Looked this up. She was never actually there. The guy who said he brought her there actually locked her in a bunker instead.

Motherfucker, I missed out on lovely laser tag for nothing....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

no meds = f4

enraged_camel posted:

I liked the shotgun style ones where it was all about strength. And since I had started jacking off much earlier than everyone else, I dominated.

Lol and agreed

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry

MTV stopped being MTV when they stopped doing surreal, gross out animated shows. Music videos? Yeah that happened too, I guess.

Slore Tactician
Aug 27, 2005
MOURN!
Just as relevant now as it was back then.

Grumbletron 4000
Nov 30, 2002

Where you want it, bitch.
College Slice
The 90's were my teenage years. Grunge Rock, skateboards, baggy clothes, weed, acid, Sega Genesis, not getting laid and hanging out in the woods. The late 90's was most of that poo poo except I had a PlayStation, a lovely job, an '86 Oldsmobile Cutlass with a bangin system and I was actually getting laid.

Now I just have a bunch of youth nostalgia and a gun to dry click against my temple while sobbing low.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

oh my god I haven't thought of this in ages, holy poo poo

Volcanic Vents posted:

Ah, Project A-ko, one of the finest Blockbuster offerings in the anime-poor early 90's

This, I miss trading bootleg 95th-generation VHS tapes across the country with ultradorks I met online too

Also I miss the feeling of being happy and not crushed under the weight of responsibility

Dead Precedents
May 5, 2005

Precedents come and go, but death goes on forever.

Grumbletron 4000 posted:

Now I just have a bunch of youth nostalgia and a gun to dry click against my temple while sobbing low.

We all do, bud. :coffeepal:

Olewithmilk
Jun 30, 2006

What?

Tighclops posted:

I had the Monster X, which is like the late 90's xtreeeme version which I think was slightly less powerful but came with a shitload of spray settings and an adapter so you could plug it right into the hose to charge and refill it

my friends all had the other big gently caress off CPS guns too and we totally kicked rear end

e: these days the original engineers have hosed off to their own company to make "Water Warrior" water guns which are now better than the brand name Hasbro Super Soakers, which are apparently part of the nerf line somehow

I will say that at least the nerf guns are way cooler in this decade

I had the worst water pistol possible, it had no reservoir. You had to have a water bucket nearby and constantly refill it after every shot.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
I had Nerf's Big Bad Bow.

You could draw back the handle to build air pressure and pull the trigger. It shot pretty far if I remember, and it allowed me to pretend to be Turok. The big drawback being that it only had three arrows so there was a lot of running around picking up your ammo. It also had a scope for some reason.

du -hast
Mar 12, 2003

BEHEAD THOSE WHO INSULT GENTOO

Smythe posted:

YOSPOS BITCH!!

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

I had a knock off super soaker from Sam's Club that had a backpack full of water. Works pretty well all told. Not sure why they produce such lovely ones nowadays. It's not like a stream of water can really hurt you.

Nerf guns I can see why they made those a little safer. You could really pump up some of the old ones. I got shot in the eye once and it really stung.

max4me
Jun 15, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
I think there is some weird licensing issue with super soaker.

that guy who came up with it worked at the JPL

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Windows 98 posted:

My cousin

- Ironic DARE shirt -- Check
- Bleach blonde hair -- Check
- Gameboy -- Check
- UFO raver pants -- Check
- Puka shell necklace -- Check

what awful 9-5 dress code enforced job is he working now

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Windows 98 posted:

The girl who did the voice of one of the dinosaurs from Land Before Time was murdered by her father.

the story leading up to her murder is one of those proof there's a benevolent and caring god type stories

quote:

His various threats included cutting their throats as well as burning down the house. Physical violence continued, with Judith telling a friend that her father threw pots and pans at her, resulting in a nosebleed.[7] As a result of his abuse, Judith began putting on weight[6] and exhibited disturbing behavior, which included plucking out all her eyelashes and pulling out her cat's whiskers.[1]

Judith was last seen riding her bike on the morning of July 25, 1988.[3] That evening, József shot her in the head while she was sleeping, and then murdered Maria.[5] He spent the next two days wandering around the house,[3] and said during a phone conversation with Judith's agent the next night that he intended to move out for good, and just needed time to "say goodbye to my little girl."[1] He then poured gasoline on the bodies and set them on fire.[9] After incinerating the bodies, he went to the garage and shot himself in the head with a .32 caliber pistol.[10][11] On August 9, 1988, Judith and Maria were interred at the Forest Lawn Memorial Park in Los Angeles.[12]

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Wicker Man posted:

MTV stopped being MTV when they stopped doing surreal, gross out animated shows. Music videos? Yeah that happened too, I guess.

i loving loved MTV as it was before it transitioned to reality programming (i think this started right at the end of the 90s when Total Request Live graduated from filming in a storage closet to Time Square). the weird animated shows were just as important as the music videos.

my parents would never let me watch beavis & butthead though.

Lawrence Gilchrist
Mar 31, 2010

*runs into thread panting*

"kosovo and the watts riots"

Munchables
Feb 8, 2015

Ask/tell me about legal cannibalism

The first movie I ever saw was Beavis and Butthead do America. In a theater too, iirc.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HzXI_ApY4dY

I turned 18 in 1992. Since we couldn't legally drink, my friends and I would hang out at a strip club once a week. It was Deja Vu if anyone cares.

Anyway, they had this special called a "Wild Weasel". You paid $10 or $20 and got to sit on one of the many couches that lined 2 walls of the place. A random girl would start giving you a couch dance and the DJ would say, "Switch" after about 2 or 3 minutes. The girl giving you a dance would then go to the couch to the right of you while the girl to the left of you would now dance for you. This song out be on a loop until everyone had a dance from each girl.

We considered this to be the most economical choice because you were getting a couch dance from all 20 girls in one go. One buddy called it "The Sampler" because he used this as an opportunity to see who he wanted to get a full dance from later.

Volcanic Vents
Mar 28, 2009

Bonzo posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HzXI_ApY4dY

I turned 18 in 1992. Since we couldn't legally drink, my friends and I would hang out at a strip club once a week. It was Deja Vu if anyone cares.

Anyway, they had this special called a "Wild Weasel". You paid $10 or $20 and got to sit on one of the many couches that lined 2 walls of the place. A random girl would start giving you a couch dance and the DJ would say, "Switch" after about 2 or 3 minutes. The girl giving you a dance would then go to the couch to the right of you while the girl to the left of you would now dance for you. This song out be on a loop until everyone had a dance from each girl.

We considered this to be the most economical choice because you were getting a couch dance from all 20 girls in one go. One buddy called it "The Sampler" because he used this as an opportunity to see who he wanted to get a full dance from later.

Are you from Tampa?

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!

Volcanic Vents posted:

Are you from Tampa?

Nope. Kentucky.

Which also means I was witness to this historical live TV event.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gCb9FcHBIYE

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

Shaquin posted:

god drat ya'll motherfuckers remember Blank Check

Juice was the best character.

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

HTTP 400: Bad post

Robo Reagan posted:

what awful 9-5 dress code enforced job is he working now

He's actually a tattoo artist!

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Lawrence Gilchrist posted:

*runs into thread panting*

"kosovo and the watts riots"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZSWKB1_o4E

KennyLoggins
Dec 3, 2004
Welcome to the Danger Zone
who had one of these bad boys?

i didn't i was a poor...

also:

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003
I'm not thinking of anything!

KennyLoggins posted:

who had one of these bad boys?

i didn't i was a poor...

also:

I had one of those and also the back-pack one. That CPS one had some loving POWER though. I accidentally hit some kid in the neck with it and he fell on his rear end and had trouble breathing.

Also, I had a scorpion slammer with A REAL SCORPION encased in it. That was pretty baller, but my friend managed to score like 4 tubes of those "Slugz" pogs which had these gross animations of slugs dying in various ways (that thing where you tilt it and it "animates" whatever it's called) so he was the real pog king.

penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald
cps 2000 will never not be the greatest thing to grace a childhood. that thing was utterly irresponsible. if you shot that at close enough range you could probably blind someone for life

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Champenema posted:

yeah a shovel to the head will do that to a person

Can someone provide context to this?

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

tater_salad posted:

I believe somone hit someone else in the head with a shovel? :shrug:

E: an example
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HKiiyI2T04s

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

tater_salad posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jj9W60QsxWM

I'm the girl in the black

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"
I was dead for most of the 90s

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
haha pogs were so dumb

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

thathonkey posted:

haha pogs were so dumb
replace pogs with silly bandz, and it was the same for my generation

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

symbolic posted:

replace pogs with silly bandz, and it was the same for my generation

Who remembers snap bracelets?

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

these were really popular in the 90s too. my grandma had a bunch of rare ones like this one pictured here that she kept the tags on. she still has them sitting in her house somewhere because they're worth nothing on ebay.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Good for you bitch deserved it 100%.
I didn't know you were shovel girl... so many questions.
1. How was it to be upstaged by scooter guy?

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

thathonkey posted:

these were really popular in the 90s too. my grandma had a bunch of rare ones like this one pictured here that she kept the tags on. she still has them sitting in her house somewhere because they're worth nothing on ebay.

But they are limited edition collectors items! guaranteed to go up in value!

Also, would you like to buy some Franklin Mint?

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

I collect a lot of dumb poo poo. People will say "But it's valued at $10,000!", which may be true. But you still need to find someone who has 10k and is willing to spend it on a stuffed bear. At the end of the day, it's only worth the most that someone will be willing to pay for it. Which is nothing.

Munchables
Feb 8, 2015

Ask/tell me about legal cannibalism

thathonkey posted:

My grandma has had a giant bag of unopened beanie babies for as long as I can remember. She gave me a couple when I was 7 but for the most part she still has a fuckton. I think she also had a bed covered in them...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KennyLoggins
Dec 3, 2004
Welcome to the Danger Zone

• Locked thread