Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

I checked my Facebook on a whim and show-only normies are legit loving depressed and heartbroken about this poo poo and I'm reminded yet again that either everyone is retarded or I'm dying of irony poisoning.

send them this:

MOD EDIT: don't post nudes in book barn kthx

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

I checked my Facebook on a whim and show-only normies are legit loving depressed and heartbroken about this poo poo and I'm reminded yet again that either everyone is retarded or I'm dying of irony poisoning.

My facebook feed is a lot of people making elevator jokes.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Hogge Wild posted:

they all have brain injuries because their religion requires them to be drowned

I know, I said that within the last few pages of the thread.

Dirt
May 26, 2003

It's not the White Walkers or the Children of the Forest who are the villains in this story. No. It's us. The bitter posters in the bad thread. We are the real evil.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

MG3 posted:

I can think of one, Uhhh Frankenstein.

It is a pretty common thing in classic mythology too, angels rebelling against God; Titans getting overthrown by the Gods, et cetera, et cetera. It is not a new thing.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

ZearothK posted:

It is a pretty common thing in classic mythology too, angels rebelling against God; Titans getting overthrown by the Gods, et cetera, et cetera. It is not a new thing.

I mentioned the reapers because it is a pretty current version of the story, but more importantly, it is a version that was told badly enough to warrant comparison to GURM writing.

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa
The Golem myths in Jewish folklore are also explicitly about creations turning on their creators or otherwise going wild. Perhaps a better fit since, like Frankenstein, they are explicitly artificial. While the Greek stuff and whatnot is more generational conflicts between parent and child.

kcroy
May 30, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

Evil Fluffy posted:

Has the show made a big deal of kinslaying at all? Sure in the books it's one of the worst things you can possibly do, which is why it's largely believed Euron used a Faceless Man or some other assassin rather than kill Balon himself, but in the show it seems like it's not a big deal which leads to Euron's "eh yeah I murdered my own brother to seize power who wants to join me?"

As I said before, the ironborn are literally retarded.

Would be awesome if they think they are the Iron born - but actually, their islands are filled with Lead deposits, which makes them all retarded. And their "Iron" weapons are also made of soft soft lead. They aren't really even feared. Mostly they drown at sea because they are retards. Many of them die because they drown them in advance because their god tells them too. Occasionally they get off their retard island safe-space and bash some people to death with their leaden mauls - mostly poor coastal types who don't even have weapons. Theon actually grew up much smarter because he was taken off the island at a young age and ingested only a relatively small amount of lead. This is what Euron learned during his travels. 99% of people are smarter than they are. Those Wizards he was talking about were just sort of smart people who could add 4+4 together.

Euron: MAKE THIS DRAGON EGGS HATCH!
Wizard: That is a stone, it isn't a dragon egg.
Euron: HATCH IT OR I WILL KILL YOU! [waves lead mace in the air - pointing to the pile of bodies whose heads he has just crushed in]
Wizard: uhm, well, ok let me work on that
Euron: I WILL HAVE DRAGON!
Wizard: I'm so loving dead

edit: I posted before you I read yours...

Hogge Wild posted:

they all have brain injuries because their religion requires them to be drowned

We're on the some wave length here.

kcroy fucked around with this message at 03:13 on May 24, 2016

MG3
Mar 29, 2016

kcroy posted:

Would be awesome if they think they are the Iron born - but actually, their islands are filled with Lead deposits, which makes them all retarded. And their "Iron" weapons are also made of soft soft lead. They aren't really even feared. Mostly they drown at sea because they are retards. Many of them die because they drown them in advance because their god tells them too. Occasionally they get off their retard island safe-space and bash some people to death with their leaden mauls - mostly poor coastal types who don't even have weapons. Theon actually grew up much smarter because he was taken off the island at a young age and ingested only a relatively small amount of lead. This is what Euron learned during his travels. 99% of people are smarter than they are. Those Wizards he was talking about were just sort of smart people who could add 4+4 together.

Euron: MAKE THIS DRAGON EGGS HATCH!
Wizard: That is a stone, it isn't a dragon egg.
Euron: HATCH IT OR I WILL KILL YOU! [waves lead mace in the air - pointing to the pile of bodies whose heads he has just crushed in]
Wizard: uhm, well, ok let me work on that
Euron: I WILL HAVE DRAGON!
Wizard: I'm so loving dead

This is awesome.

kcroy
May 30, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

Beef Hardcheese posted:

Just another character written out of the show, I know, I know, oh oh oh

Beneath the Sea
the Books are based on the Show
I know I know h , b , o!

kcroy
May 30, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

Hogge Wild posted:

send them this:

loving lol.

whowhatwhere
Mar 15, 2010

SHINee's back
So hey guys, back after like 7000 posts, what'd I mi---

Hogge Wild posted:

send them this:

When the gently caress did the mods start paying attention to this thread?

Also Bran is somehow the biggest prick in a show that has Showfinger. Well played, GRRM.

Mazed
Oct 23, 2010

:blizz:

I am legitimately bewildered that anyone can feel anything but bitter resignation for anything that happens in this story.

This applies to people who watch and people who read.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

whowhatwhere posted:

When the gently caress did the mods start paying attention to this thread?

The admins just got the chrome doohickey that lets me see reports in a timely fashion working again.

Trust me, I don't enjoy reading this thread any more than you enjoy having me here

kcroy
May 30, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

The admins just got the chrome doohickey that lets me see reports in a timely fashion working again.

Trust me, I don't enjoy reading this thread any more than you enjoy having me here

so like, someone reported that photo?

whowhatwhere
Mar 15, 2010

SHINee's back

Man, I've got book readers from '08 or so crying about Summer. You remember, Summer! From all those memorable moments in the past five seasons like

Sarkozymandias
May 25, 2010

THAT'S SYOUS D'RAVEN

Lycus posted:

The created turns on the creator story is old as gently caress, but goons can only name examples from within their lifetime and pop culture interests.

Ugh Titanomachy? More Bioware poo poo thanks for nothing HBO. Its like poetry it rhymes its like poetry it rhymes Itslipor Itslipor Astapor.

latinotwink1997
Jan 2, 2008

Taste my Ball of Hope, foul dragon!

kcroy posted:

Was it a hot chick or the surprise cock from last night?

MG3
Mar 29, 2016

I Own Soulz posted:

Was it a hot chick or the surprise cock from last night?

It was hodors magnum dong

Invicta{HOG}, M.D.
Jan 16, 2002

I've got you covered dude, you can peace out!

I had thought about the branding allowing the Night King to make it across the Wall. I am looking forward to watching the Wall fall at some point. I hope Edd makes it through alive.

I think they've done a good job shortening the plot and getting rid of loose ends this season and the end of the last. We see Dorne become reduced to an army marching north to King's Landing with Sandsnakes bent on revenge. We see Dany with an army and dragons. We see the Iron Born turned into a navy to carry an army. We see the Tyrells as an army to fight the faith militant and, likely, the Dornish. We see the Vale become an army to fight the Boltons. We see minor characters complete their arc like Stannis, Shireen, Summer, Shaggydog, Hodor, Roose, the Dornish, Selmy, etc. We are reintroducing "Yara" and the Blackfish to finish their arcs. They use Jorah to explore the secret of greyscale and maybe Old Volantis. Sam and Arya are still up in the air but they are at least positioning Arya to realize (I think) that she doesn't want to kill without knowing why so hopefully she will get out of the Braavos dead end.

It would be cool if the last scene of the year is the Wall tumbling down...

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

kcroy posted:

It was probably breaking the page with how big it is

Iron Lung
Jul 24, 2007
Life.Iron Lung. Death.
I keep reminding myself that 20 years after the first book was published there is one revelation and its HOLD THE DOOR. The American Tolkien.

I also really like the lead deposit Iron Born twist, maybe we can send it over to Preston?

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

I like having the mods here. :shrug:

Strep Vote
May 5, 2004

أنا أحب حليب الشوكولاتة

Intel&Sebastian posted:

The solution is probably Dany and dragons showing up and wrecking shop.

jokes on him, because dany is going to side with the former slaves turned rebellious freemen, the white walkers

duh

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Invicta{HOG}, M.D. posted:

I've got you covered dude, you can peace out!

THE MOD IN THE NORTH!

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
The probation glistened wetly.

IanTheM
May 22, 2007
He came from across the Atlantic. . .

Iron Lung posted:

I keep reminding myself that 20 years after the first book was published there is one revelation and its HOLD THE DOOR. The American Tolkien.

Also what the White Walkers are.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS

THE MOD IN THE NORTH!
I suspect LooseChanj's stern younger brother will be making a claim as well.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Evil Fluffy posted:

The probation glistened wetly.

kcroy
May 30, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

boom boom boom posted:

Also, "his manhood glistened wetly"

can someone post the rum and milky tits recording plez.

Octy
Apr 1, 2010

Dirt posted:

Benjen will magically show up, tell us what he's been doing for the last like 7 years, and hook Brans sled up to his horse and take them to safety.

Alternatively, Stonesnake.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
So how about that Dorne plot which has had one scene this season?

Working as intended. They kill Trystane and are never heard from again.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos

emanresu tnuocca fucked around with this message at 08:53 on May 24, 2016

Anders
Nov 8, 2004

I'd rather score...

... but I'll grind it good for you

Everyone here feels the same.

One of us! One of us!

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

The Ninth Layer posted:

I'm very curious about how the books are going to reconcile this horrible Sansa/Littlefinger plot with the book events. At least in the books his plan with Sansa in the Vale makes sense.

I think this is one of the biggest examples of D&W having the broadstrokes ending. They were probably told that she ends up as Queen in the North, and just shat out as quick a route as possible to that, ignoring the fact that she probably does this by gaining power in the Vale etc, becoming a master player of The Game and ultimately out-Littlefingering Littlefinger.

That doesn't involve Ramsay raping her though so.....

I_Socom
Jul 18, 2007

A great ride that requires finesse and effort to get the best out of it.

Late to the party but I love that they got The Actor Kevin Eldon in to play Ned Stark's actor in this week's show. Brilliant!

Also top tier tits on fake Sansa's actress, up there with Mel & Tyene. Certainly better than the rest of the cast (which somehow get people frothing at the mouth?). Best scene of the season.

Edit:

Viz Top Tips posted:

GET your ‘Hordor’ name by combining the two most prominent syllables of your most requested instruction. Mine’s “Foff”.

Iron Lung
Jul 24, 2007
Life.Iron Lung. Death.

IanTheM posted:

Also what the White Walkers are.

I already forgot about that one because of how middle-earth-shattering the hodor reveal was.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Iron Lung posted:

I already forgot about that one because of how middle-earth-shattering the hodor reveal was.

Everyone seems to also be ignoring that Iain Glen (Jorah Mormont) has tentatively left the show.

Number Ten Cocks
Feb 25, 2016

by zen death robot
https://twitter.com/katyturnbc/status/735121081489608704

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrSlam
Apr 25, 2014

And there you sat, eating hamburgers while the world cried.

Arcsquad12 posted:

So how about that Dorne plot which has had one scene this season?

Working as intended. They kill Trystane and are never heard from again.

It's funny cause not even the Lannisters or the Small Council are all that worried about it. Budget doesn't call for more than one battle per season so we'll probably get one scene of a dozen guys in armor laying on the ground post-battle.