Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Am I alone in hearing a mental voice for Stain that is Steve Blum, and then everyone else just kinda became Steve Blum too?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Who's Steve Blum.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Space-Bird posted:

It's been established that compounding quirks has negative side effects, like compounding strength. It seems like AfO is using a lot of weird quirks just to keep himself together, then whatever else he's he's cobbled together combat All Might in this maybe-final showdown. Even though AfO is doing some psychological gloating right now, it seems like he's in pretty bad shape. It'll be scary if he makes it out alive.

Has it been established why All Might is so hung up on the idea that the bearer of One for All should be seen as a "natural born hero"?

Well, for practical purposes it's good to keep it a secret. Then he can search out a successor quietly without having to sift through crowds of people hungry for his power.

Gyges posted:

No. If it ends here, he goes out like Whitebeard in One Piece. Standing in front of the trapped girl, still protecting her..

This would reduce me to a sobbing mess.

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

Who's Steve Blum.

Sheesh, who isn't Steve Blum.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

ochako, as portrayed by steve blum

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Manatee Cannon posted:

ochako, as portrayed by steve blum

I'm sure he'd knock it out of the park.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.

chumbler posted:

Also:

Gyges posted:

With apparently almost all the class watching or there, it's going to be pretty obvious to them. The class adjusting to the new situation while coming to terms with the nature of Deku's power could/should be a pretty interesting arc.

All Might is going to yell out one hell of a Plus Ultra for the cameras though.

Hm, what are the odds that some people *cough*BAKUGOU*cough* blame Deku for weakening All Might vis-a-vis the power passing process?

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

Hm, what are the odds that some people *cough*BAKUGOU*cough* blame Deku for weakening All Might vis-a-vis the power passing process?

Unless that process is actually revealed, I'd say very low since similar quirks are nothing new and as much has been said. Much more likely is he'll blame himself for getting captured, though there are many ways that could be taken, especially given Iida's conclusion to the Stain arc was "Yeah, I got totally called out and he was right on that, but he is still on the whole wrong and I'm going to learn from this and am more driven to be a real hero."

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

chumbler posted:

Am I alone in hearing a mental voice for Stain that is Steve Blum, and then everyone else just kinda became Steve Blum too?

Steve Blum would be p godlike as Stain yeah, but we're not getting that unfortunately

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
Like half the class is going to end up blaming themselves. Iida, Bakugou, and Deku for obvious reasons. Then there's all the other students who tried to save Bakugou but failed. Then there's the students who didn't go on the rescue Bakugou mission, as well as those who did but weren't in the other categories.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

chumbler posted:

but enough about the live action adaption

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Rhonne posted:

Plus, I'm pretty sure a few of them have seen Skinny All Might(without knowing who he really was obviously) around the school and with Deku already.

Which is also something I'm sure Stain hates. Stain may hate "phony" heroes above all else, but he's not a fan of villains either.

No one but Iida seems to give a poo poo about what Stain actually had to say.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Serious Frolicking posted:

Kaminari said he was cool.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Serious Frolicking posted:

I give a massive poo poo about it.

It's why I've been going around beating up fire fighters, astronauts, and cops, who are the true heroes of society.

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution
What if everybody thinks that Midoriya has a paternity issue and that flamebreath dad isn't his real dad?!

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
I'm reminded of the Patlabor manga ending.

Noa wins the final battle but her mech gets absolutely trashed in the process. She's then interviewed on live TV and the reporter asks"wouldn't you say this was more of a tie?"and she replies "nope, we stopped the bad guy so we won, end of discussion."

So what I'm saying is that All Might and All For One will kill each other, and someone will say "it was a tie" and someone else will reply "no All Might won since he stopped the villain."

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Nahxela posted:

What if everybody thinks that Midoriya has a paternity issue and that flamebreath dad isn't his real dad?!

Deku told Bakugou he got his quirk from someone else. Bakugou is very smart and he is definitely gonna think very hard about this fight. Everyone else is probably gonna assume that Deku is All Might's illegitimate child, though.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
hell, shouto already asked midoriya that back during the tournament arc

Grimpond
Dec 24, 2013

Awesome chapter, excited for for next week! This is all I could really think of when I finished it.
http://i.imgur.com/Kf6f4QY.png

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
is it iida or Lida

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

Captain Invictus posted:

is it iida or Lida

lida needs braces

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
iida

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
All For One is almost certainly going to get away because without him there are no Noumus and they're basically BnHA's version of the putties from Power Rangers, only way creepier looking.

AFO is basically too important to waste here. All Might's arc is essentially done; him putting AFO out of commission for a nice long while is a good setup to have the kids get back to school for a while (or god loving forbid, a timeskip which I am fervently praying doesn't happen) without significant interruption.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
AfO is going to get capture, it's like they are going to kill him. The bad guys will eventually break him out, whereupon he dies and passes the torch to someone unlikely instead of who he wanted to have the power.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
A41 could have a whole lot of noumus elsewhere but he could not access them right now even if he wanted to.

See, A41's sole teleport quirk (don't ask me why he just had the one) only allowed him to send things to and from his location, and only over relatively short distances. Whether that means he can teleport himself or not, I dunno. He sent all the noumu from the facility Ragdoll was in, and he was probably already present when they raided the place.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Mordaedil posted:

AfO is going to get capture, it's like they are going to kill him. The bad guys will eventually break him out, whereupon he dies and passes the torch to someone unlikely instead of who he wanted to have the power.

how do they keep someone with all might level strength locked up though

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

Jose posted:

Aizawa strapped into a Clockwork Orange-style eye clamp, staring at All For One all day, every day.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
They have as much or as little sci-fi technology as the story demands. This is set in the future, after all.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Jose posted:

carefully

Peel
Dec 3, 2007

Quirk suppression tech exists, doesn't it? Or am I misremembering.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Peel posted:

Quirk suppression tech exists, doesn't it? Or am I misremembering.
Nah, they just have these weird compression vest things to hold people with superstrength like the swole Noumu from USJ or Muscular.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

Jose posted:

He's Lex Luthor.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Not sure if AfO will survive, I think he will definitely be soundly defeated here. Either badly injured like before where he has to go into hiding or else, yea, somehow restrained.

I think the whole point of this fight is that All Might's last stand is going to have the exact opposite effect that AfO believes it will have. He thinks he is exposing All Might's true form and proving that the heroes are weak and this is going to lead to panic and fear. But in actually All Might is showing yet again what true heroism actually is by facing down AfO even when he is near death, and instead this is going to rally the heroes and cause a surge of support behind them as everyone tries to live up to his memory.

Charlie Bobson
Dec 28, 2013
All mights gonna get his rear end kicked.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

All Might is basically Gol D. Roger except he starts this series alive

Real Cool Catfish
Jun 6, 2011
Oh god I want All Might to be okay even though I know better.

Real Cool Catfish
Jun 6, 2011

Rhonne posted:

The most important quest for the next chapter: What will All Might call this Smash?

Final Getsuga Smash

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Guy A. Person posted:

All Might is basically Gol D. Roger except he starts this series alive

All Might is One for All.

All Might is the symbol of peace.

One Peace.

Oda does it again.

JosephWongKS fucked around with this message at 17:13 on May 27, 2016

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Oh my god, these next chapters are going to make me cry.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.

Charlie Bobson posted:

All mights gonna get his rear end kicked.

Believe in All Might, dammit!