Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Anaconda Rifle
Mar 23, 2007

Yam Slacker

Nexal posted:

Hopefully next season has total new cast and no returnees.

By the way what do you guys think of the death match system where the players eliminate few games before the Nunna picks one of the remaining games to be played?

I really liked that system. Gave them some agency, but not full. It also gave them the chance to study all the possible elimination games after they were all revealed. It may make sense to throw in a few mystery ones so they can't practice perfectly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

I like the idea floated in this thread of giving out black garnets as prizes for defecting and other sneaky poo poo.

Maybe make them a bit stronger by letting you spend one to veto dealer nunna's choice of deathmatch and reroll?

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
I ship me and Sangmin :swoon:

MisterZimbu
Mar 13, 2006

Tunicate posted:

I like the idea floated in this thread of giving out black garnets as prizes for defecting and other sneaky poo poo.

Maybe make them a bit stronger by letting you spend one to veto dealer nunna's choice of deathmatch and reroll?

I like this idea. Similar to "The Mole" where there were opportunities to sabotage the team's mission in exchange for immunity that night.

What I'm saying is I miss the mole

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

MisterZimbu posted:

I like this idea. Similar to "The Mole" where there were opportunities to sabotage the team's mission in exchange for immunity that night.

What I'm saying is I miss the mole

The Mole could be okay, but could also just be straight up bad. In the most recent US season, I think I remember hearing that everyone pretty much knew who the mole was immediately, so the show came down to who could finish the test the fastest without making a mistake.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

I ship me and Sangmin :swoon:

I ship Sangmin and Mr. Krabbs

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Anaconda Rifle posted:

He doesn't deserve her.

He does by the time of his faceturn at the end :allears:

archduke.iago
Mar 1, 2011

Nostalgia used to be so much better.

I can't remember if it was in this thread or not, but does anyone remember a couple of puzzles that TvN posted as a sort of "entrance exam" for their Genius open casting call? They were on a blue starry background, one involved a spiral of some sorts, the other had numbers in circles on lines.

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe
Yep. I found and posted them. They're in these posts:

http://program.interest.me/tvn/thegenius3/2/Board/View?b_seq=1&page=1&p_size=5
http://program.interest.me/tvn/thegenius3/2/Board/View?b_seq=3&page=1&p_size=5

Answers:

http://program.interest.me/tvn/thegenius3/2/Board/View?b_seq=4&page=1&p_size=5
http://program.interest.me/tvn/thegenius3/2/Board/View?b_seq=5&page=1&p_size=5

archduke.iago
Mar 1, 2011

Nostalgia used to be so much better.

Suspicious Dish posted:

Yep. I found and posted them. They're in these posts:

Yes, that was it! Thanks a bunch.

GenghisTron
Dec 5, 2005

i dont live to live homie

quote:

"A mock society game show will unfold in a controlled village environment over 14 days between 22 contestants." "If you complete the challenges given to you and survive until the end, $100,000 will be yours." "Join the special survival game about 'society' and 'leaders'."

So, Bumdi tweeted about this new show from The Genius director earlier

https://www.facebook.com/tvnsocietygame

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

GenghisTron posted:

So, Bumdi tweeted about this new show from The Genius director earlier

https://www.facebook.com/tvnsocietygame

Sounds like survivor!

Also I wonder if they'll pull from the Genius pool for contestants or if they'll have an all new cast. Having any of the kings around would be interesting but definitely skew the whole thing.

Zythrst
May 31, 2011

Time to join a revolution son, its going to be yooge!
Okay I'm all in for this.

Zythrst
May 31, 2011

Time to join a revolution son, its going to be yooge!

fez_machine posted:

Sounds like survivor!

Also I wonder if they'll pull from the Genius pool for contestants or if they'll have an all new cast. Having any of the kings around would be interesting but definitely skew the whole thing.

According to the video on they have it looks like a mix of The Genius and the Korean war.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Bring back Sungkyu, he would be perfect for a survival game about "society" and "leaders"

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I just started watching this after a recommendation from an ADTRW thread. Just halfway through the first episode of the first season and this is the best reality show of all time except for maybe To Catch a Predator. I really like the idol and even more now after he just shafted the auctioneer lady and I hope Gura(?) does well also.

Anaconda Rifle
Mar 23, 2007

Yam Slacker

EmmyOk posted:

I just started watching this after a recommendation from an ADTRW thread. Just halfway through the first episode of the first season and this is the best reality show of all time except for maybe To Catch a Predator. I really like the idol and even more now after he just shafted the auctioneer lady and I hope Gura(?) does well also.

Strap the gently caress in. You're in for a ride.

Exercu
Dec 7, 2009

EAT WELL, SLEEP WELL, SHIT WELL! THERE'S YOUR ANSWER!!

Anaconda Rifle posted:

Strap the gently caress in. You're in for a ride.

Agreed. It starts good, and gets better.

Shabadu
Jul 18, 2003

rain dance

I am glad that Extreme Ways are back again, at least for now.

Please liveblog it, I love hearing what new people have to say about the oh poo poo moments

MisterZimbu
Mar 13, 2006
Just adding another reply here so other people think there is Season 5 News / New Crime Scene

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Just cooking dinner and then I'll watch the rest of the opening episode. I liked that Sungyu(?) seemed dumb and is actually a snake or is being helped by someone behind the scenes like the teaser seems to be implying. My suspicion is on the kindly older guy who explained the strategy, Minsoo(?).

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I need to get back to watching Crime Scene. I've only seen the first episode. It was alright but didn't grab me as much as the Genius and then I got distracted.

Anaconda Rifle
Mar 23, 2007

Yam Slacker

MisterZimbu posted:

Just adding another reply here so other people think there is Season 5 News / New Crime Scene

I second this idea.

MisterZimbu
Mar 13, 2006

Regy Rusty posted:

I need to get back to watching Crime Scene. I've only seen the first episode. It was alright but didn't grab me as much as the Genius and then I got distracted.

Crime Scene starts off *really* slow. You're better off starting with Season 2 or maybe halfway-ish through Season 1. They eventually drop it to one episode per case which does wonders for the pacing.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Gura is a viper :coal:

Nexal
Apr 21, 2010

Moby - Extreme ways
I came here for season 5 news and now I'm disappointed.
Why is this world so cruel? *shrug*

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.

Bobby The Rookie posted:

While this is bumped, does anyone know if there's been a compilation torrent or something of the entire series with Bumdi's subs?

I too gotta ask if something like that exists. I want to put it all on blu-ray for safe keepings and sharing with friends. convert2mp3.net is a handy tool but :effort:

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
Wow, that's a noble mission for the ages. I'll check my hard drives when I get home. If I have enough space, I'll get on it.

i81icu812
Dec 5, 2006

MisterZimbu posted:

i hate your guts

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I am super busy but I can't wait to do nothing but watch this all weekend. Just started the election in episode two of season one, others have started to notice Gura's excellence which is concerning. Jeohn being paid off with his own garnet in the opener was glorious.

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

That elephant ate my entire platoon.

i81icu812 posted:

i hate your guts

But you were sure excited for those two seconds of loading time!

NeuroticLich
Oct 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Was there ever any news on that European thing where they asked people to send in testimonials about The Genius?

I realize these things move slow but there's a Jinho shaped hole in my heart.

Symbolic Butt
Mar 22, 2009

(_!_)
Buglord
Another question: was Bangshipop so bad that no one ever translated it?

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

Fun Shoe

NeuroticLich posted:

Was there ever any news on that European thing where they asked people to send in testimonials about The Genius?

I realize these things move slow but there's a Jinho shaped hole in my heart.

Possessed is still working on it.

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

Fun Shoe

Symbolic Butt posted:

Another question: was Bangshipop so bad that no one ever translated it?

It was cancelled after a month.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.

MisterZimbu posted:

Crime Scene starts off *really* slow. You're better off starting with Season 2 or maybe halfway-ish through Season 1. They eventually drop it to one episode per case which does wonders for the pacing.

Yeah, I started watching season 1 and eventually stopped, but season 2 is very good. I watched all of it while I was sick with the flu and it definitely helped pass the time nicely.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Gura got Changyeop elected :pusheen:

Pocky In My Pocket
Jan 27, 2005

Giant robots shouldn't fight!

Ahhh memories

i81icu812
Dec 5, 2006

GonSmithe posted:

Yeah, I started watching season 1 and eventually stopped, but season 2 is very good. I watched all of it while I was sick with the flu and it definitely helped pass the time nicely.

Yeah season 2 is way better than season 1. Well the first episode of season 2 was kinda pointless. Other than that it was great

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GuavaMoment
Aug 13, 2006

YouTube dude

i81icu812 posted:

Yeah season 2 is way better than season 1. Well the first episode of season 2 was kinda pointless. Other than that it was great

If that first episode became a full season of something like that, I'd watch and enjoy it. It was cool seeing how long it took each person to clue in that they were being tested.