Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

climboutonalimb posted:

This guy is a (R) shill on Fox News a lot but had a bit of a twitter meltdown tonight

https://twitter.com/TheRickWilson/status/743289565172097024

https://twitter.com/TheRickWilson/status/743290699773321216

#nevertrump is alive and kicking

I think this is like the third Twitter meltdown Rick Wilson's had in as many months vis-a-vis Trump supporters. Dude just tends to go on any news network he can and run his mouth off about how much he hates Trump. I think last week he got quietly shuffled off of Chris Hayes' show for blatantly cursing on air.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

climboutonalimb posted:

This guy is a (R) shill on Fox News a lot but had a bit of a twitter meltdown tonight

All of his tweets there are right on the money.

FYI this is the guy who said that Trump supporters (online) are childless single men who masturbate to anime, and /pol/ responded by taking pictures of themselves masturbating to pictures of his wife and daughter

McGlockenshire
Dec 16, 2005

GOLLOCKS!

climboutonalimb posted:

Isn't this the guy that called Trumpkins childless losers that masturbate to anime?

I love him forever for saying that on national television.

e:f;b, ^^^^^ also off course /pol/ did that. gently caress.

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

climboutonalimb posted:

His daughter is being harassed by 4 chan.

hawaiian_robot
Dec 5, 2006

And I'm happy just to sit here,
At a table with old friends.
And see which one of us can tell the biggest lies

climboutonalimb posted:

:drat:

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012
I like that the core of his rage is not that Trump is bad, but that he's an un-polishable turd. If only he was vile in a slightly more restrained way, like that human exemplar Ted Cruz, all of this could have been avoided! He and his kin would find a way to sand off the rough edges and go on about silent majorities and liberal media bias and somehow square the circle, like they've done with W, Rick Scott, Steve King and other harmful bastards.

But this guy, he doesn't even do the whole "I'll pray on this" dodge!

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Retarded_Clown_ posted:

why the gently caress isnt Mark Levin in the OP?

I had never heard of him when I wrote it.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Oh my god.

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Sephyr posted:

I like that the core of his rage is not that Trump is bad, but that he's an un-polishable turd. If only he was vile in a slightly more restrained way, like that human exemplar Ted Cruz, all of this could have been avoided! He and his kin would find a way to sand off the rough edges and go on about silent majorities and liberal media bias and somehow square the circle, like they've done with W, Rick Scott, Steve King and other harmful bastards.

But this guy, he doesn't even do the whole "I'll pray on this" dodge!
Yeah, they're mad at him because he's giving away the game, saying the quiet parts loud, and so wrecking the nice little hustle they've had working for so long.

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Pierson posted:

Oh my god.

This is the kind of politics that will bring us all together

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

fuuuuckshiiiitdaaaamn.gif

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

climboutonalimb posted:

I'll give him credit for the Cheeto Jesus line, that's a really good one and I'll probably steal it.

Beyond that? gently caress 'im. He's not angry at the reprehensible poo poo Trump is saying, doing or planning to do and for that I'm more than happy to watch him melt down. He's just mad because it's what the right wind media has been saying all along but with bull horns instead of dog whistles and welp waddya know a huge amount of his base is just absolutely in love with what they hear and repudiating everyone else for being RINOs. His daughter doesn't deserve to suffer for him and 4 chan both being poo poo heads though.

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

:master:

Armani
Jun 22, 2008

Now it's been 17 summers since I've seen my mother

But every night I see her smile inside my dreams

Pierson posted:

Oh my god.

I remember being a 9 year old nerd pile drowning in wallscrolls and thinking, 'wow wouldn't I be great if -everything- was anime?'

*monkey paw curls a digit*

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
Genuinely did not believe this was real. God drat, Rick Wilson.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
I started this thread a long time ago but this Orlando thing has to be the worst I have seen RWM behave in all that time. It's really the perfect storm as far as their narrative and talking points go. We've got gay people, a Muslim/ISIS/ISIL, terrorism, guns and gun control, Obama coming out swinging all in the context of an election year.

They can basically say anything they want about it and be "right", such as it is. It's an unholy poo poo stew of all the stuff they like to yammer about all condensed into one horrific incident and they're not disappointing in that regard. I mean, yeah, they're disappointing me for sure but not in the context of my already low expectations for them and considering how low they continually (re)set the bar.

Within their camp and their base there's so much red meat, deflection and plausible deniability about their true meaning and intentions to be thrown around it's ridiculous. What a glorious, wide, perfectly timed tent for them all to rage underneath.

Only thing I haven't heard so far is cries of "false flag", "loving fags got what they deserved" and stories about how this rear end in a top hat voted for Obama twice but I've been off the grid for a bit and I'm sure it's out there somewhere.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Don't forget the giddy joy of people like Crowder and Walsh that the terrorist was rumored to be gay.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

Don't forget the giddy joy of people like Crowder and Walsh that the terrorist was rumored to be gay.

It's not rumored anymore. It's pretty well established now - guy was a bitterly conflicted, self-loathing gay man prone to physically abusing women. His father's line that religion was probably just the excuse he seized on to justify his self-hating homophobia and troubled masculinity seems to have been true.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

Cythereal posted:

It's not rumored anymore. It's pretty well established now - guy was a bitterly conflicted, self-loathing gay man prone to physically abusing women. His father's line that religion was probably just the excuse he seized on to justify his self-hating homophobia and troubled masculinity seems to have been true.

Not that it matters now that the Republicans have the terrorist attack during an election year they so desperately wanted. Adding a layer of anti-gay rhetoric despite being all but forced to pay lip service to respecting the victims as humans is just gravy for them.

BiggerBoat posted:

I started this thread a long time ago but this Orlando thing has to be the worst I have seen RWM behave in all that time. It's really the perfect storm as far as their narrative and talking points go. We've got gay people, a Muslim/ISIS/ISIL, terrorism, guns and gun control, Obama coming out swinging all in the context of an election year.

They can basically say anything they want about it and be "right", such as it is. It's an unholy poo poo stew of all the stuff they like to yammer about all condensed into one horrific incident and they're not disappointing in that regard. I mean, yeah, they're disappointing me for sure but not in the context of my already low expectations for them and considering how low they continually (re)set the bar.

Within their camp and their base there's so much red meat, deflection and plausible deniability about their true meaning and intentions to be thrown around it's ridiculous. What a glorious, wide, perfectly timed tent for them all to rage underneath.

Only thing I haven't heard so far is cries of "false flag", "loving fags got what they deserved" and stories about how this rear end in a top hat voted for Obama twice but I've been off the grid for a bit and I'm sure it's out there somewhere.

The last couple of years have disgusted me with the right wing ideology, but their response to this latest attack has me sickened in a way that I haven't been since Sandy Hook.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Geostomp posted:

Not that it matters now that the Republicans have the terrorist attack during an election year they so desperately wanted.

Eh, they (i.e. Trump) have been completely blowing it. I get the impression that everyone who's not already a diehard Republican has realized the Orlando massacre is more complicated than A RADICAL MUSLIM ATTACK ON OUR FREEDOM! Trump is God's gift to Hillary Clinton's campaign.

robotsinmyhead
Nov 29, 2005

Dude, they oughta call you Piledriver!

Clever Betty

BiggerBoat posted:

I've already seen some false flag stories about Pulse, and it's sadly how I came to find out the some of my friends/acquaintances on FB are Sandy Hook False Flag people, which has really put me in a lovely mood lately.

And since I don't know where else to ask this, does anyone have a good rundown on how these False Flag events are run, at least in the eyes of the people who believe them? I've tried to concoct a scenario in my head that would be believable, but it crumbles after the first step or two.

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx

robotsinmyhead posted:

I've already seen some false flag stories about Pulse, and it's sadly how I came to find out the some of my friends/acquaintances on FB are Sandy Hook False Flag people, which has really put me in a lovely mood lately.

And since I don't know where else to ask this, does anyone have a good rundown on how these False Flag events are run, at least in the eyes of the people who believe them? I've tried to concoct a scenario in my head that would be believable, but it crumbles after the first step or two.
There's been a couple threads and a bunch of pages written about this, but the result usually boils down to "reality is scary, and the idea that this can happen anywhere at any time with nobody pulling the strings is scary, because there's no higher order to it". It scares the poo poo out of certain mindsets to think/realize that reality is unpredictable, and that there's no unseen force pulling the strings and controlling everything, so the false flaggers "invent" this force, because it makes them feel better and smarter. (:freep:"I know about the NWO, you sheeple are in on my cool seekrit knowledge, educate yourselves!"

Also in quite a few cases there's some level of undiagnosed/untreated mental illness involved.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

Cythereal posted:

Eh, they (i.e. Trump) have been completely blowing it. I get the impression that everyone who's not already a diehard Republican has realized the Orlando massacre is more complicated than A RADICAL MUSLIM ATTACK ON OUR FREEDOM! Trump is God's gift to Hillary Clinton's campaign.

I guess the fact that the victims were gay has them kind of scattered even without Trump's incompetence and disruption. Having to choose between hating Muslims, gays, or people daring to question guns has them unfocused on the hatred front.

robotsinmyhead posted:

It never makes any sense for even slightly rational people. Just, somehow, a shadowy cabal sends agents to attack people to besmirch the good name of conservatism and risk precious guns. The least irrational theories merely claim that the media overlooked some detail that makes things look better for conservatives.The most crazy deny the events ever happening. Instead the vile *insert name here*-controlled liberal media convinces everyone a massacre took place using crisis actors to play the part on TV.

It completely falls apart once anyone looks at the idea logically, but logical people aren't the ones who these conspiracy theories are aimed at.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

BiggerBoat posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Taivhe7I0IE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=53nxo-KQ-Sc

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

robotsinmyhead posted:

The fundamental appeal of the false flag narrative is two-fold. First, as has already been mentioned, it is a denial of the random nature of the world, and second it allows the holder to reject the need for reflection or change.

"Guns aren't a REAL problem, those mass shootings are all staged to get us to give up our rights."

"Gays aren't REALLY oppressed, they just stage attacks to guilt gullible idiots so they can take advantage of them."

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Keeshhound posted:

The fundamental appeal of the false flag narrative is two-fold. First, as has already been mentioned, it is a denial of the random nature of the world, and second it allows the holder to reject the need for reflection or change.

"Guns aren't a REAL problem, those mass shootings are all staged to get us to give up our rights."

"Gays aren't REALLY oppressed, they just stage attacks to guilt gullible idiots so they can take advantage of them."

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

BiggerBoat posted:

Only thing I haven't heard so far is cries of "false flag"

If we're assuming stupid Facebook memes are RWM, I've seen this floating around:

It's not like he's saying it didn't happen or that the government executed its own citizens to pass gun control, he's just "saying". Probably an outlier but it was prevalent enough to warrant a snopes page.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

:vince:

Perfect.

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

Guys,

Rush Limbaugh said the easiest way to anger millenials is to remind that the only way things are accomplished throughout history or the world is via a show of force.

Is this true? Is that supposed to anger us?

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Geostomp posted:

It never makes any sense for even slightly rational people. Just, somehow, a shadowy cabal sends agents to attack people to besmirch the good name of conservatism and risk precious guns. The least irrational theories merely claim that the media overlooked some detail that makes things look better for conservatives.The most crazy deny the events ever happening. Instead the vile *insert name here*-controlled liberal media convinces everyone a massacre took place using crisis actors to play the part on TV.

It completely falls apart once anyone looks at the idea logically, but logical people aren't the ones who these conspiracy theories are aimed at.

in addition to what others have said, conspiracy theories are really empowering because they allow the theorist to believe that there is some secret, hidden knowledge that only they have access to, which makes them strong and superior to the masses. expertise and understanding what is REALLY going on in the world has a lot of social value and people really want to be seen by others as smart and capable. if you're not willing to put in the long, hard work of educating yourself it's a lot easier to just buy into some alternative framework, study the slipshod canon of those theories (since you can just make poo poo up you can effortlessly level up your own knowledge without leaving your room, in an evening!) and then find a community where everyone's going to pretty much agree with you anyway. at that point if you're invested enough it's like a cult, where outside critiques don't matter because they aren't in the clubhouse so they're obviously stupid dumb dumb sheeple that need to do the research

falling down the conspiracy hole is one part social snake oil salesmanship as well as getting really intoxicated on your own farts. it's seductive, which is why people get really invested in it

e: think about conspiracy theories as nerd canon, where people can know every loving thing about star wars and who the best bounty hunters are and all that stupid crap, except applied to a fictionalized version of the real world where it's even more difficult to tell fantasy from reality

boner confessor fucked around with this message at 21:12 on Jun 16, 2016

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

FuzzySkinner posted:

Guys,

Rush Limbaugh said the easiest way to anger millenials is to remind that the only way things are accomplished throughout history or the world is via a show of force.

everything angers millenials, we're constantly triggered and crying about our fee fees while lounging about unemployedly in our parents basements on a pile of participation trophies in the manner of a fat lazy tolkenien dragon

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

The best way to anger millenials is to nerf their favorite character everyone knows that.

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

FuzzySkinner posted:

Guys,

Honestly, I'm just sad now, because I'm gonna have to go tell Jesus, Ghandi and Martin Luther King Jr. they're a bunch of failures. :smith:

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Tender Bender posted:

The best way to anger millenials is to nerf their favorite character everyone knows that.

Or to pile on more student debt. Or gently caress the economy some more.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Tank the economy and then take away all the entry level jobs / fill them with people who have already been working for 20+ years. Though that sucks for everyone.

Then say "lazy millennials don't like to work" without any irony.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Cythereal posted:

Or to pile on more student debt. Or gently caress the economy some more.

Is this an Overwatch thing, I don't get it?

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Tender Bender posted:

Is this an Overwatch thing, I don't get it?

:potg:

Max playing as Ignorant Boomers posted:

Then say "lazy millennials don't like to work" without any irony.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Not quite. It needs "Women having guilt free sex like men abortions" too.

Joshmo
Aug 22, 2007

FuzzySkinner posted:

Guys,

None of the hypothetical totally real situations where millenials start frothing at the mouth are because of the situations presented but the stupidity to think that even one person actually gets pissed off at the situation. For instance, I mostly just feel the douchebags asking these questions are being horribly condescending and then get a chuckle when they whine about kids not respectin' their elders.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Riso
Oct 11, 2008

by merry exmarx
Not sure where exactly to post this, there's so many possibilities.