Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013
It's yet another hint at OfA king of the assholes. He (presumably) killed Shimura's husband forcing her to give up her kid for adoption who he still tracked down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
Ow, my heart. =(

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
this is exactly why I knew All Might wouldn't die, and also exactly why I didn't want him to die. He's still fully capable of contributing both knowledge and comedy in equal amounts.

Rhonne posted:

I like that Iida still has his fake mustache on. I hope he forgets to take it off and shows up to class with it.
I hope there's an after-chapter little cut of him showing up at his house and his family being like "wtf"

also, Midoriya's mom is still the most adorable shonen manga mom

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Fabricated posted:

Midoriya's dad needs to either show up soon or be dead because he'll be fighting No Might for custody at this point.

His dad is All For One

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Fabricated posted:

Midoriya's dad needs to either show up soon or be dead because he'll be fighting No Might for custody at this point.

All Might is the best mangadad.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

A beautiful chapter presented very well.

A good manga.

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?
This is why you don't kill off good characters. Having All Might die here and motivate Deku would be rather clichéd having him stay around, powerless but still teaching him feels like a fresh change.

But I really want a flashback going into his past now.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
I'm just gonna sit here with my fingers crossed, chanting "no long timeskips" repeatedly until the next chapter.

Mirage
Oct 27, 2000

All is for the best, in this, the best of all possible worlds
Nah, they'll save the timeskip for #100, when, oh, let's say Todoroki from ten years in the future falls through a warp back to our time with dire predictions about a dystopian World Without Peace.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
I like how they acknowleged that despite his background Shigaraki was still a criminal who has done a bunch of horrible things.

Zero_Tactility
Nov 25, 2007

Look into my eyes.
The expressions for the bummed out suit cop at the beginning of the chapter are TOP NOTCH.

hell astro course
Dec 10, 2009

pizza sucks

Welp, that got water to come out of my face.

I love the idea that the entire summation of All Might's story isn't his punch to defeat AfO, but it's his step forward to become a cool teacher.This is why he's a hero, and this is why even as a dark souls Hollow, is cooler than Endeavor could ever be. Yagi for life! :zoro:

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I'm happy that All Might is very proud of Deku not exploding his arms this time, because so am I.

Adnor
Jan 11, 2013

Justice for Daisy

I didn't even notice this was the first time Midoriya didn't break something.

This manga is so good :unsmith:

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Looks like someone forgot his hardhat...
I'm really enjoying this manga a lot.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Todoroki's sister is cute. Horikoshi is good at drawing cute girls without them being hideous fanservice monstersODA

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Waffleman_ posted:

Todoroki's sister is cute. Horikoshi is good at drawing cute girls without them being hideous fanservice monstersODA

Shimura looks cool and I hope we see more flashbacks of her.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

chumbler posted:

Shimura looks cool and I hope we see more flashbacks of her.

Well we've already had the AllMights of OfA's Past show up very briefly during the tournament

Jintor
May 19, 2014

the age of all might is past

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

It is eternal in my heart. In all of it. All Heart.

JD
Jan 11, 2003
Somehow this is sadder than if he had died... :cry:

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

I believe in all might

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
All Might is gonna be All Right

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Well, maybe what's All Left of him.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

For a minute there, I thought he wasn't going to make it and it gave me an All Fright.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
I'm surprised this chapter didn't have any color pages. It was All White.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Loss of muscle mass has left him All Light.

Eeepies
May 29, 2013

Bocchi-chan's... dead.
We'll have to find a new guitarist.
However, he still has an All Bright outlook.

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk

Mirage posted:

Nah, they'll save the timeskip for #100, when, oh, let's say Todoroki from ten years in the future falls through a warp back to our time with dire predictions about a dystopian World Without Peace.

Bakugo's son from the future with one constantly exploding eyeball and a robot arm shows up on a mission to kill Deku in order to save the future except it's actually a clone of Bakugo that was created to kill Deku to prevent All for One from eating his power and conquering the world

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Ruggington posted:

I believe in all might

I believe in the next generation.

...Of villains. Destroy the hero society, Shigaraki.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

I can't believe you guys made puns all night

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
They did and it's All Tight

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

More like they're all shite

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
Take that back or I'm gonna All Fight you

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Bright Noah learned how to motivate people from All Might.

Also it looks like Bakugou has a lot of soul-searching to do, now that the #1 hero and man he declared he would surpass has fallen out of the running (and you know, Bakugou was kidnapped and nearly killed or worse if it wasn't for his classmates who he constantly shits on).

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
I just realized an incredibly important question that has yet to be speculated on: Where is the VA going to hang out now that they've lost their weird bar-inside-an-abandoned-building? If they don't find another bar then Black Mist is going to need to dress differently.

(Not actually an important question, but it just occurred to me.)

Green Intern posted:

Bright Noah learned how to motivate people from All Might.

Also it looks like Bakugou has a lot of soul-searching to do, now that the #1 hero and man he declared he would surpass has fallen out of the running (and you know, Bakugou was kidnapped and nearly killed or worse if it wasn't for his classmates who he constantly shits on).

He did seem rather pensive this chapter; where he goes from here should be interesting. He wasn't raging out at least, unlike Endeavor, who seemed to almost be doing his best Bakugou impression really.

HellishWhiskers
Mar 29, 2012

She was an awkward girl
Next chapter is going to be start of a new arc and probably start of a new term. Sure would be a nice place to reintroduce some neat characters back into the story, maybe give someone a transfer into Heroics Department?

But seriously though, the story has been moving at a breakneck pace and this seems like a great opportunity to slow it down a bit and give some spotlight to the school stuff.

AfroSquirrel
Sep 3, 2011

Happy Father's Day, All Might.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.

HellishWhiskers posted:

Next chapter is going to be start of a new arc and probably start of a new term. Sure would be a nice place to reintroduce some neat characters back into the story, maybe give someone a transfer into Heroics Department?

But seriously though, the story has been moving at a breakneck pace and this seems like a great opportunity to slow it down a bit and give some spotlight to the school stuff.

Mt. Lady-Sensei.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

Mt. Lady-Sensei.

I'm imagining the scene in that one episode of Tiger & Bunny, where Origami Cyclone is teaching the Hero students how to be as publicly visible as possible for your brand.