Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.

Waffleman_ posted:

I'm imagining the scene in that one episode of Tiger & Bunny, where Origami Cyclone is teaching the Hero students how to be as publicly visible as possible for your brand.

Yes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Happ Father's Day, Midoriya's Absentee Father.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Happy Father's Day to the world's number one father, and now hero, Endeavor.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Happy Father's Day to All Might. gently caress the "you gotta have a kid" rule.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.

Josuke Higashikata posted:

The Sandman
Jun 23, 2013

Okay!

So, I've, like, designed a really sweet attack plan that I'm calling Attack Plan Ded Moroz, like "Deadmau5!"

WUB!
Happy Father's Day, All for One. Your adoptive son is trying his best to keep up the family business in your absence.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.
Happy father's day, the severed hand Shigaraki wears on his face.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Happy Father's Day, Ochako and Tsuyu's dads, for just being generally good parents who don't have to have exciting plot roles to be heartwarming. :unsmith:

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Happy Father's Day, Bakudad, for putting up with Bakugou.

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Agreed, though as others have said, Midoriya counts. :colbert:

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

happy father's day mineta oh wait that's never going to happen

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
Happy father's day, Izuku's dad, thanks for giving us a good kid

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

I wonder if we'll ever actually get to see Izuku's dad. Izuku and his mom haven't even mentioned him since that flashback when he was a kid. I'm starting to thinks that he's either dead, or abandoned his family at some point after Izuku found out he's quirkless.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

I hope he just shows up like normal eventually and its revealed he just works late and hasn't been around at relevant points in the comic

Agnostalgia
Dec 22, 2009

kidcoelacanth posted:

I hope he just shows up like normal eventually and its revealed he just works late and hasn't been around at relevant points in the comic

i hope he's just really taciturn and has been right off panel in all the home scenes.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Neat, the latest anime episode as a little thing with all the previous OFA owners before he gets real mad.

hell astro course
Dec 10, 2009

pizza sucks

https://mobile.twitter.com/horikoshiko/status/744435946683138048

happy dad day, good luck with those sons

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Don't forget frog dad.

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL
Little tadpole sister is still the best.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Say Nothing posted:

Don't forget frog dad.

this is frog fractions 2

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Say Nothing posted:

Don't forget frog dad.

frogmom is my favorite.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Not happy Father's Day to Endeavor.

A BAD Father's Day for him.

ThisIsNoZaku
Apr 22, 2013

Pew Pew Pew!

Waffleman_ posted:

Need some kind of Father's Day Krampus.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

May Endeavor forever be gifted lovely ties.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

It's Monday here, so happy Monday All Might. Love you buddy xoxo

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Waffleman_ posted:

Even bad dads care about their children

Sometimes for the wrong reasons

hell astro course
Dec 10, 2009

pizza sucks

I thought it'd be neat to compare the pinnacle moment in ep 12 to the manga, because the composition ended up being very different, but the outcome was the same.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l1gUutlHdkc

Horikoshi uses these amazing establishing frames, then moves at a breakneck pace between the frames, leaving the reader (and animators) to fill in a lot of the transitional movement.

I thought the anime did a great job with the Nomu fight, it went a lot quicker in the manga. Usually when an anime drags out a fight scene, it can get pretty tedious, but they still contained it to one episode, which is great.

hell astro course fucked around with this message at 17:50 on Jun 21, 2016

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Space-Bird posted:

I thought it'd be neat to compare the pinnacle moment in ep 12 to the manga, because the composition ended up being very different, but the outcome was the same.

Horikoshi uses these amazing establishing frames, then moves at a breakneck pace between the frames, leaving the reader (and animators) to fill in a lot of the transitional movement.

I thought the anime did a great job with the Nomu fight, it went a lot quicker in the manga. Usually when an anime drags out a fight scene, it can get pretty tedious, but they still contained it to one episode, which is great.

Oh yeah, I totally forgot about that fight. Man, those Noumus must be tough if they gave him that much trouble, considering how much damage the fight with All for One did to the surrounding area.

hell astro course
Dec 10, 2009

pizza sucks

RareAcumen posted:

Oh yeah, I totally forgot about that fight. Man, those Noumus must be tough if they gave him that much trouble, considering how much damage the fight with All for One did to the surrounding area.

Yeah, All Might's power is in a constant, permanent wain, but the dude has so much spirit and guts, he's just trucking along... The Anime Only people hasn't seen his final punch yet, so they have no idea, haha. My guess it will be 2 seasons before we see UNITED STATES SMASH

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

RareAcumen posted:

The thing is, I'm pretty sure All Might and All for One are both much weaker than they were the first time they fought. Who knows how much damage they caused in their first fight?

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

RareAcumen posted:

Well, that one had the impact absorption quirk plus regeneration, for a really powerful defensive combo, plus at least four other quirks if I recall correctly. The other Noumus aren't nearly as tough, hence things like Stain killing one with a knife to the brain or Endeavor taking out crowds of them in the last arc.

On a tangent, if Shigaraki had just shut up and not rambled about its powers, that first Noumu might have beaten All Might; it was him listing its powers that made All Might realize he needed to overwhelm it to beat it, and even then he was at his limit when he was done. It's even called out in the post-USJ police/hero meeting that Shigaraki couldn't stop bragging about his toy.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
It was also noted later on that the First Nomu was the most advanced and most success they had for one, and that the other Nomu's were not nearly as powerful.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Yeah, not only were they built for reasons other than specifically to fight All Might (which is what the first one was meant to do), they had fewer quirks and less spectacular ones. They're still rather nasty, but as stated, not on the same level.

Tangent, I wonder why Dabi of all people was the one to get his own personal Noumu. He wound up doing relatively little in the camp arc (he started the fire, his Twice clones got easily taken out by Aizawa twice, and he snagged Bakugou at the end I think) and was knocked out immediately during the rescue. He's got a neat design but I'm not sure what makes him special there.

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.

Roland Jones posted:

Tangent, I wonder why Dabi of all people was the one to get his own personal Noumu. He wound up doing relatively little in the camp arc (he started the fire, his Twice clones got easily taken out by Aizawa twice, and he snagged Bakugou at the end I think) and was knocked out immediately during the rescue. He's got a neat design but I'm not sure what makes him special there.

From what we've seen of this current group of lackeys, Dabi is the smartest/most reliable of the bunch. Toga, Magne, Twice, and Spinner were all varying degrees of unstable and/or stupid, and you need someone with a cooler head to keep people like them reined in.

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013
Well, we still don't know his or Kurogiri's real names, so I'd imagine that both of their identities are important as well.

I think the summer camp Noumu is probably on the same level as the first one introduced. At the very least it's probably going to be more important in the long run since it's the first one we've seen speaking. I suppose we'll be finding out more about Noumu's soon since Shigaraki is probably hanging out with Doctor Body Mod right now.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Space-Bird posted:

Yeah, All Might's power is in a constant, permanent wain, but the dude has so much spirit and guts, he's just trucking along... The Anime Only people hasn't seen his final punch yet, so they have no idea, haha. My guess it will be 2 seasons before we see UNITED STATES SMASH

The Sports Festival is exactly as long chapters-wise as what the first season covers - I'm not sure how they're going to deal with it since it'd be kind of weird to have the entire season be based around the festival.

I also really hope they don't split up the Camp Trip and Hideout Assault into different seasons because anime fans would die

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Space-Bird posted:

I really like that the anime is reinforcing the legacy nature of One For All by repeatedly showing the successors of One For All spiritual constellation thing as he's about to do something super awesome. In that Nomu fight it shows it once when All Might declares the need for the symbol of peace to act, and once as he prepares to throw the blow that knocks the Nomu through the roof.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
Hi, I don't think I've ever posted in this thread before, but I'm just dropping in to say holy gently caress this episode

holy gently caress

I thought All Might being visibly enraged was cool as poo poo and that was just the start

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

JT Jag posted:

Hi, I don't think I've ever posted in this thread before, but I'm just dropping in to say holy gently caress this episode

holy gently caress

I thought All Might being visibly enraged was cool as poo poo and that was just the start

In case you didn't realize it, this is the manga thread. The anime thread can be found here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Roland Jones posted:

Yeah, not only were they built for reasons other than specifically to fight All Might (which is what the first one was meant to do), they had fewer quirks and less spectacular ones. They're still rather nasty, but as stated, not on the same level.

Dabi just seemed to take a leadership role. Him and Compress seemed to have their heads the most together of the group.