Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

MJP posted:

Where are you buying with such a markup? Gundam Planet pricing is basically the cost of the kit + transshipment to the US, so it doesn't vary much than the HLJ EMS shipped price. Sure, you could do SAL registered, but it's usually 500 yen more to go EMS, and then it's a difference of weeks going into days to get your stuff.

True, shipping from GP to you adds in, but I find it hard to believe that ordering kits X, Y and Z from HLJ is that much cheaper than kits X, Y and Z from Gundam Planet.

I've been in stores in Toronto and stuff that sell like Mg Sinanju for like 130 bucks. It happens.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suzaku
Feb 15, 2012
My experience is that stores that don't have a relationship with bluefin order from Japan at consumer prices then slap shipping and their markup on top of that when they resell. The Hobbytown by me used to do that.

Cat Hatter
Oct 24, 2006

Hatters gonna hat.
Speaking of gunpla distributors, Gundam Store and More finally got restocked. I bought a RG AEUG Mk-II Gundam and my wife bought a HG Origin Ortega Zaku II. Now that we've moved back to Michigan, we decided to drive out to go pick them up in person (they pull orders same-day but didn't share this information until I asked a few days later).

When we got there the guy asked if we wanted to go shopping in the warehouse:

:shepspends:

I ended up also getting a RG Astray Red Frame and my wife got a RG Wing Gundam Zero.

Michigoons within driving distance of Ann Arbor might also be interested to know that if you go shopping in person they sell gunpla for the yen price printed on the box/100.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
The mk ii is a great kit. Really solid construction

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

The hobby shop I go to doesn't have a BlueFin deal that I'm aware of, but they certainly have a deal with something considering how much poo poo they've pack into it. The corner of the store that has Gunpla has a stack of almost every kit released in the past 8 years, all of them at about the price I'd get them on Amazon.

They even have Maschinen Krieger kits (pricey as gently caress kits but kits all the same.)

Bimmi
Nov 8, 2009

someday
but not today

Cat Hatter posted:

Speaking of gunpla distributors, Gundam Store and More finally got restocked.

Holy crap, it lives?

dudermcbrohan
May 14, 2013
I'm building the PG banshee and messed up on this part. Is there anyway to fix this without horribly loving the part up?

EDIT: I forgot pliers existed for what should be considered too long and have now fixed it.

dudermcbrohan fucked around with this message at 06:27 on Jun 23, 2016

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn

The BWS mk-III looks cool, but man that color scheme. Is it supposed to be referencing the mk-III or something?

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

BlitzBlast posted:

The BWS mk-III looks cool, but man that color scheme. Is it supposed to be referencing the mk-III or something?

Those are for the new BF-T series? The custom QanT looks kinda cool, I qondering if that's Shia's new gundam as it's the same paintscheme the Portent had.

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -
I need that Bearguy

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
That scan confirms it's just a special, not a series. And thank god for that.

Though at this point we've got like six or seven designs announced for it, so whatever this special is going to be, it's apparently going to have everyone sporting all new stuff.

Bimmi
Nov 8, 2009

someday
but not today
I'm ready for Build Fighters to go away now, there's plenty of it and it's been a whole lotta bad design more often than not.

Well Manicured Man
Aug 21, 2010

Well Manicured Mort
I am going to buy all of the green 00 Qant[T] models so that nobody else can have one.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Bimmi posted:

I'm ready for Build Fighters to go away now, there's plenty of it and it's been a whole lotta bad design more often than not.

I don't think that's fair, I think nearly all of the original BF designs are good.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
Build Fighters should stay forever so we can keep getting bearguys :3:

I would bankrupt myself to get a Bearo Zeong (the finger lasers shoot more bearguys)

Bimmi
Nov 8, 2009

someday
but not today
I like Bearguys fine, up to a certain point. That point has long since passed.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Bimmi posted:

I like Bearguys fine, up to a certain point. That point has long since passed.

Caitlin
Aug 18, 2006

When I die, if there is a heaven, I will spend eternity rolling around with a pile of kittens.
Oh good, I'm here just in time for Beargguy hate...

So a month or two back, I received a kit as a gift that I had wanted - my very first kit! I enjoyed putting her together, so I decided to get the rest of the set...

A few of my friends are really into gunpla and were happy to hear I was enjoying kits and interested in making more, so belated birthday gifts were promptly sent!

And I got to work with my shiny new nippers because life was pain when I used my coworker's dulled x-acto to cut out parts.

And now I'm thinking that when I get paid tomorrow I can order my next kit to start work on a custom and a few more Beargguys and... :sigh:

goodbye, wallet

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
If more bearguys mean less freedom and unicorn gundams then I'm OK with this status quo.

Bimmi
Nov 8, 2009

someday
but not today
I do appreciate that Build Fighters gave us a crazy Zeta garage kit in mass-produced form:

e: whaddya think, avatar material?

Bimmi fucked around with this message at 19:24 on Jun 23, 2016

Caitlin
Aug 18, 2006

When I die, if there is a heaven, I will spend eternity rolling around with a pile of kittens.

Bimmi posted:

e: whaddya think, avatar material?

part Snake Man, part Mr. Bean, part Beargguy

:thumbsup:

do it

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005

Ka0 posted:

If more bearguys mean less freedom and unicorn gundams then I'm OK with this status quo.

Gunpla hell is being trapped in an endless sea of Unicorn Gundams kits, P-Bandai exclusives and "gritty" dioramas. Everywhere you go, there's another goddamn Unicorn Gundam on the shelves with a note that says "For the rest of the kits, go to P-Bandai!" next to them. Above the Unicorns is yet another destroyed Zaku II diorama that looks like it went through a hurricane, starting at your soul with it's damaged monoeye, as if to say "Look at how realistic and dark I am! Please pay attention to me!". You try to take your life with your hobby knife, but realize that it only works on Unicorn Gundams.

Just as you let despair engulf you and start closing your eyes, you swear you see a slowly advancing army of heavily battle damaged HGUC RX-78-2s and Zaku IIs approach you, ready to consume you.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Caitlin posted:

Oh good, I'm here just in time for Beargguy hate...

So a month or two back, I received a kit as a gift that I had wanted - my very first kit! I enjoyed putting her together, so I decided to get the rest of the set...

A few of my friends are really into gunpla and were happy to hear I was enjoying kits and interested in making more, so belated birthday gifts were promptly sent!

And I got to work with my shiny new nippers because life was pain when I used my coworker's dulled x-acto to cut out parts.

And now I'm thinking that when I get paid tomorrow I can order my next kit to start work on a custom and a few more Beargguys and... :sigh:

goodbye, wallet

Grats on your recent acquisition of the Worlds Cuddliest Mech! If you want to ease your wallet into Plastic Kit Hell you could round out your tiny-bearguy set; there's a Red and a Blue one, each costs around 5-8 bucks.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Hate to break it to you guys but Unicorns are cool.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

closeted republican posted:

Gunpla hell is being trapped in an endless sea of Unicorn Gundams kits, P-Bandai exclusives and "gritty" dioramas. Everywhere you go, there's another goddamn Unicorn Gundam on the shelves with a note that says "For the rest of the kits, go to P-Bandai!" next to them. Above the Unicorns is yet another destroyed Zaku II diorama that looks like it went through a hurricane, starting at your soul with it's damaged monoeye, as if to say "Look at how realistic and dark I am! Please pay attention to me!". You try to take your life with your hobby knife, but realize that it only works on Unicorn Gundams.

Just as you let despair engulf you and start closing your eyes, you swear you see a slowly advancing army of heavily battle damaged HGUC RX-78-2s and Zaku IIs approach you, ready to consume you.

So I'm guessing you're not a big fan of weathering and battle damage? :v:

Bimmi
Nov 8, 2009

someday
but not today
Unicorn fatigue is a very real thing. Those molds are going to shatter from overuse any day now.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Bimmi posted:

Unicorn fatigue is a very real thing. Those molds are going to shatter from overuse any day now.

How would you be able to tell? :v:

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005

Monaghan posted:

So I'm guessing you're not a big fan of weathering and battle damage? :v:

I used to like it, but it's become so overused that it's boring. :shrug:

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

closeted republican posted:

Most of the destroyed Zaku dioramas I've seen weren't gritty and dark, they were light and hopeful. The weapon of war is forgotten, left to rust. There's a really good one where some kids are jumping off a zaku into a lake, and another where an old zaku is being used a s abridge support

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Hard confirmation that the trim on the RG Sinanju is being done entirely with black and gold plastic, with nary a sticker in sight.

This kit looks goddamn amazing - I just hope that the inevitable RG Unicorn manages to be as much of an engineering miracle.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Darth Walrus posted:

Hard confirmation that the trim on the RG Sinanju is being done entirely with black and gold plastic, with nary a sticker in sight.

This kit looks goddamn amazing - I just hope that the inevitable RG Unicorn manages to be as much of an engineering miracle.

It has to transform - it won't be.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
remember that big poster from years ago showing the lineup of future RGs, Gundam Ground Type, GM Ground Type, Gouf?

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

RG Unicorn leak hot off the press!

http://i.imgur.com/zDFbbHb.jpg

It looks good.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Kaiju Cage Match posted:

RG Unicorn leak hot off the press!

http://i.imgur.com/zDFbbHb.jpg

It looks good.

From the colors that looks more like a Banshee.

Zwingley
Sep 20, 2011

"My dear Seth, you look absolutely dashing!"

Hair Elf

Midjack posted:

From the colors that looks more like a Banshee.

It's just the prototype, they always use dark plastic for the first look. :v:

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Darth Walrus posted:

gently caress. Yes.

I got some amazon credit from an e-book class action settlement so I picked up the HG Waff and the RG Wing Gundam EW. Really looking forward to both of them, the prototype Zaku 1 look that the Waff has is extremely my poo poo.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

boom boom boom posted:

Most of the destroyed Zaku dioramas I've seen weren't gritty and dark, they were light and hopeful. The weapon of war is forgotten, left to rust. There's a really good one where some kids are jumping off a zaku into a lake, and another where an old zaku is being used a s abridge support

Yeah, I'm a bit tired of Unicorns, but a good diorama's nice. Battlefields or wrecked Zakus being used as springboards for a pool party. Either works.

Especially if there are GMs. Jims are the best.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
Unicorn gundam is an immensely boring design with a distinct difficulty to build due to the terrible "transformation" gimmick. I'd rather build a MG mobile GOOhN

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
I hope the Full Metal Panic anime comes out soon so we can get a glut of Arm Slave kits.