Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
It's already pretty sinister, you mean more accurate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

all might, no!!

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Countblanc posted:

all might, no!!

Doesn't count if you draw attention to it.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

JosephWongKS posted:

I'm most interested in meeting Hakagure's family. Are they also invisible like her?

Definitely interesting, but most interesting? Bullshit.

Where is my Alien Queen family sit down?

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

JosephWongKS posted:

I'm most interested in meeting Hakagure's family. Are they also invisible like her?

They go to talk to Hakagure's parents and there's just a blank plot of land among all the other houses.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

Gyges posted:

Where is my Alien Queen family sit down?

I want her mom to be a Xenomorph. Not even a quirk, just an actual Xenomorph.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Neo_Crimson posted:

I want her mom to be a Xenomorph. Not even a quirk, just an actual Xenomorph.

Also Pinkie should have several identical sisters.

logger
Jun 28, 2008

...and in what manner the Ancyent Marinere came back to his own Country.
Soiled Meat

chumbler posted:

Also Pinkie should have several identical sisters.

Named Blinky, Inky, and Clyde.

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe
Pretty sure deku dad is just constantly at work or being forced to go drinking with his boss.

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

RareAcumen posted:

They go to talk to Hakagure's parents and there's just a blank plot of land among all the other houses.

or the opposite and for 2-3 pages they're the only thing you can see

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?

Rohan Kishibe posted:

Man, take away the title and that poster takes on a much more sinister look.

Have you SEEN that movie?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bcR1KG2rVRA

You don't gently caress with ghost Cosby.

Hopeford
Oct 15, 2010

Eh, why not?

RareAcumen posted:

They go talk to Hakagure's dad, "I'm sorry, he just went back to the WWE. Think he's wrestling AJ Styles right now."

Kuroyama
Sep 15, 2012
no fucking Anime in GiP

Hopeford posted:

They go talk to Hakagure's dad, "I'm sorry, he just went back to the WWE. Think he's wrestling AJ Styles right now."

That joke was so bad it hurts. I shouldn't find that as funny as I do.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
WOW wrong thread

never been in this thread before in my life, but this manga is cool. when the anime's over tomorrow, I'll finally read past the sports festival arc maybe. Todoroki Best Boy. aight see ya. Sorry for the goof up

hell astro course
Dec 10, 2009

pizza sucks

Moltrey posted:

WOW wrong thread

never been in this thread before in my life, but this manga is cool. when the anime's over tomorrow, I'll finally read past the sports festival arc maybe. Todoroki Best Boy. aight see ya. Sorry for the goof up

JOIN US!

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

The Stain tease at the end of the final ep was neat. It says the second season is coming soon, so maybe they'll only be off air for a cour or two?

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Really wanna know who AfO's VA is

an_mutt
Sep 29, 2010

I was,
I am,
and I remain a soldier!

Sworn to dedicate my heart and soul to the restoration of human kind!

Deku is my precious baby

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I want to see Child Might

bondster
May 6, 2007

Aurora posted:

Really wanna know who AfO's VA is

It appears to be Akio Ohtsuka who also voices Blackbeard in One Piece so its a pretty inspired casting choice.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
It's funny, when I read through the first time, I never noticed Blood King until the field trip arc. Turns out he's been there all along, teaching Class B and showing up to things.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Gyges posted:

It's funny, when I read through the first time, I never noticed Blood King until the field trip arc. Turns out he's been there all along, teaching Class B and showing up to things.

Blood King, like the rest of Class B, suffers the unfortunate fate of living in the shadow of Aizawa and the rest of Class A.

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe

an_mutt posted:

Deku is my precious baby

My nephew pretends to be Captain America. This panel is the best. :kimchi:

Jintor
May 19, 2014

I thought Power Loader was, like, strapped into the suit itself in the manga, but the anime makes it clear when he pops by to help out... I think it's Tails... that it's some dude with no shirt and raggedy-rear end jeans in an exoskeleton

what a rad dude.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled
I think an interesting thing about the All Might vs AfO fight is that AfO ended up handing All Might a massive gift by accident. All Might's declining power and health effectively meant that sooner or later he was going to either get spotted in his true form as his timer shortened or one of the people trying to kill him would actually manage to succeed, which would throw his status as the symbol of peace into jeopardy. Instead, All Might was allowed to have a titanic final clash against an incredibly powerful villain that wounded or disabled multiple other top heroes; this allowed All Might to reveal his true form to the public and retire from heroics as an unbroken heroic champion with the image of the symbol of peace basically untarnished. There would be no propaganda benefit to killing All Might now because everyone knows he can't fight anymore. In effect, by giving him a gigantic last hurrah, AfO made All Might's legend invincible and insurmountable.

Incidentally, Endeavor realizing this and throwing a tantrum about it is one of the most satisfying parts of the conclusion to this arc. :v:

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Josuke Higashikata posted:

I want to see Small Might

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Kanos posted:

I think an interesting thing about the All Might vs AfO fight is that AfO ended up handing All Might a massive gift by accident. All Might's declining power and health effectively meant that sooner or later he was going to either get spotted in his true form as his timer shortened or one of the people trying to kill him would actually manage to succeed, which would throw his status as the symbol of peace into jeopardy. Instead, All Might was allowed to have a titanic final clash against an incredibly powerful villain that wounded or disabled multiple other top heroes; this allowed All Might to reveal his true form to the public and retire from heroics as an unbroken heroic champion with the image of the symbol of peace basically untarnished. There would be no propaganda benefit to killing All Might now because everyone knows he can't fight anymore. In effect, by giving him a gigantic last hurrah, AfO made All Might's legend invincible and insurmountable.

Incidentally, Endeavor realizing this and throwing a tantrum about it is one of the most satisfying parts of the conclusion to this arc. :v:

At the same time things ended up rolling in a way so that his protege is super salty and he's imprisoned next to a fellow extremist hero hater, so it breaks even.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Last Celebration posted:

At the same time things ended up rolling in a way so that his protege is super salty and he's imprisoned next to a fellow extremist hero hater, so it breaks even.

Shigaraki is perpetually salty all the time.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Idk, I feel like Stain isn't gonna care too much for AfO

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
Stain doesn't hate 'true heroes ' like All Might he just hates what he sees as pretenders, people who are just doing it for the fame and fortune or petty ideals of being the best. He hates villains worse than that because they're the thing all heroes fight against. Stain's not going to be buddy buddy with AFO unless AFO can turn Stain's worldview around.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Baal posted:

Idk, I feel like Stain isn't gonna care too much for AfO
Yeah no way is Stain gonna be buddies with AfO down in the supermax

All he did (presuming that Stain saw the fight) is reaffirm Stain's belief that All Might is the only real-rear end hero out there, and now All Might is retired, which means there's not a single legit hero out there that will be worth Stain's time when he feels like breaking out. It's an entire world full of phonies, and that's on AfO's head.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

If anything, Stain will probably try to shank AFO in his jail cell.

JT Jag posted:

Yeah no way is Stain gonna be buddies with AfO down in the supermax

All he did (presuming that Stain saw the fight) is reaffirm Stain's belief that All Might is the only real-rear end hero out there, and now All Might is retired, which means there's not a single legit hero out there that will be worth Stain's time when he feels like breaking out. It's an entire world full of phonies, and that's on AfO's head.

He thinks Deku is legit. Shouto too I think.

Rhonne fucked around with this message at 07:33 on Jun 27, 2016

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Stain doesn't hate 'true heroes ' like All Might he just hates what he sees as pretenders, people who are just doing it for the fame and fortune or petty ideals of being the best. He hates villains worse than that because they're the thing all heroes fight against. Stain's not going to be buddy buddy with AFO unless AFO can turn Stain's worldview around.

Well, I wouldn't be terribly surprised if a41 managed to do just that. He is very, very old and an expert manipulator. But that's not something that will come up any time soon. Deku's gotta beat the last boss before he can fight the post-game super boss.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Rhonne posted:

He thinks Deku is legit. Shouto too I think.
Potentially legit.

Jintor
May 19, 2014

Rhonne posted:

yeah that's what I was thinking.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
Yeah, Stain, the guy all about heroes being heroes and stopping villains and not pursuing revenge plots and honor and all that jazz is going to shank someone in prison, the least honorable thing to do.

Yeah, this thread makes good deductions, like predicting that All Might was going to die for reals, because this is such a dark and realistic series.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
One person said that and as a joke, calm the gently caress down.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
dont steal my schtick

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Mordaedil posted:

Yeah, Stain, the guy all about heroes being heroes and stopping villains and not pursuing revenge plots and honor and all that jazz is going to shank someone in prison, the least honorable thing to do.

Yeah, this thread makes good deductions, like predicting that All Might was going to die for reals, because this is such a dark and realistic series.

All Might is dead, Toshinori remains. It's ~~~~symbolic~~~

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

Baal posted:

One person said that and as a joke, calm the gently caress down.
I'm pretty calm.

Josuke Higashikata posted:

All Might is dead, Toshinori remains. It's ~~~~symbolic~~~
Symbolically they win out, but I'm pretty sure some people were literally expecting a bloodletting in a shonen manga and it was more than one person.