Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HereticMIND
Nov 4, 2012

FINALLY. I was painting and liner-penning up my HGUC Gelgoog Cannon's rifle when I realized I could probably try to fix my HGUC Zaku I's janky waist swivel. Here's what I did: http://imgur.com/a/KA0dR

(Basically I added a type "D" polycap to the little peg once I put the bottom half of the torso beneath it. It was then just a simple figuring out of how to orient the polycap without the whole thing looking like some abomination. SCIENCE!)

Now to figure out what to build next... http://imgur.com/a/1gIUo

MJP posted:

hi5 North Jersey buddy, my in-laws are in Little Falls, my parents are in North Caldwell, and I know that lovely display too well. The same people did Springfield's.

They have some 1/100 Gusions/Rebakes, a 1/100 Graze, two MG Exia Dark Matters, I think three MG Rinascitas, and a few HGs that I didn't see yet if you were hunting, although Gundam Planet is probably a less schleppy drive + a local biz.

My granny's in Westmont/Haddon Township, NJ. It'd take me about an hour to get to Gundam Planet from her place. (I live in MD, btw; Gundam Planet is usually my go to store for markers and kits that HLJ hasn't stocked yet)

Words cannot explain my despair on how cruel that is. Then again, at least I'm not getting screwed by shipping costs by them since I live on the same cost.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
Gaplant. Build the Gaplant

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Arcsquad12 posted:

Does anyone know if there are anymore kits in the Origin line coming out? I watched some videos about the Origin Zaku 1 and the articulation on it looks great. My Origin Char suit hasn't arrived yet but it's got me excited. Also, is there a Gunpla equivalent of THIN YOUR PAINTS?

As in unannounced, or just in general?

Because we're at bare minimum getting a Gundam in July, and with the movies getting extended, it's pretty likely we'll get some nice battle of Loum kits.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

HereticMIND posted:

Now to figure out what to build next... http://imgur.com/a/1gIUo

Build the HG Space Jam

Zonekeeper
Oct 27, 2007

New guy here!

I got an HGAC Wing Zero last week on a lark and really enjoyed putting it together. I was kinda terrible at removing the sprue marks, but I at least touched up the gray pieces with my gray panel lining marker. I need to go back later and hit it with sandpaper.

In any case, the bug bit me. So I got an HG The Origin Char's Zaku II for my second build and spent the weekend making it. Holy poo poo this one makes the Wing Zero look like a spindly fragile piece of trash in comparison. This time I actually got some sandpaper and took greater care when removing it from the sprue. This one came out much better.

Now let's see how many I've got on my list to build next...

Current builds I'm considering:
HGBF Kamiki Burning Gundam (I'm a sucker for flame effects and swords)
HGBF The End (This thing looks like 90's edgelord: The Gundam to an even higher degree than the Deathscythe Hell)
HGBF Fenice Rinascata (It's a customized Wing Gundam. What more do I need to say?)
HGGA Gundam Age-1 Titus (The rounded pauldrons remind me of the Metroid Varia Suit in a good way)
HG Orphans Gundam Guison (:frog: + :redhammer:)
HGAW Gundam X and/or Gundam Double X (Motha fuckin satellite cannons)

If any modern High Grades of the TV Gundam Wing suits existed I'd have gotten them by now, but sadly they don't exist. The whole reason I got the Zaku was because I couldn't find an Epyon or Tallgeese that had modern engineering to pose against the Wing Zero. I like the Zaku's engineering so much that I may be spoiled for other HG kits - the Wing Zero was definitely a step down from the Zaku, and I assume the same applies to any kit older than it. It's such a goddamned nice kit, and from what I've heard only the Orphans kits match it so far on the HG side. (Don't have the space for MG kits or I'd try to tackle one of those)

Any suggestions for my next kit? (doesn't necessarily need to be from my list)

Regardless what I get next, I'm going to be tossing a Hi-Mock into the order because why the hell not?

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

All the kits you have are pretty good, from what I know (maybe not the Titus? IDK how the Age kits are), and you should have fun doing any of them.

For kits you don't have, I'd recommend the Revive RX-78-2 Gundam. It's dirt cheap, it's a really good kit, and you can pose it fighting Char.

If you want something approaching the MG experience without the huge size, you could give an RG a shot. As long as you take your time you don't really need to worry about the complexity of those kits, except maybe the Zeta, since it transforms.

Zonekeeper
Oct 27, 2007

Swagger Dagger posted:

All the kits you have are pretty good, from what I know (maybe not the Titus? IDK how the Age kits are), and you should have fun doing any of them.

For kits you don't have, I'd recommend the Revive RX-78-2 Gundam. It's dirt cheap, it's a really good kit, and you can pose it fighting Char.

If you want something approaching the MG experience without the huge size, you could give an RG a shot. As long as you take your time you don't really need to worry about the complexity of those kits, except maybe the Zeta, since it transforms.

I don't have any of the kits in that list - those are just the ones I'm considering buying. I'm basically asking which one to get / which ones I should avoid / which kits not on the list to consider getting given my taste. :v:

That said, good call on the RX-78 - There's a million of them so a recommendation for which one to get is greatly appreciated.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Zonekeeper posted:

If any modern High Grades of the TV Gundam Wing suits existed I'd have gotten them by now, but sadly they don't exist. The whole reason I got the Zaku was because I couldn't find an Epyon or Tallgeese that had modern engineering to pose against the Wing Zero. I like the Zaku's engineering so much that I may be spoiled for other HG kits - the Wing Zero was definitely a step down from the Zaku, and I assume the same applies to any kit older than it. It's such a goddamned nice kit, and from what I've heard only the Orphans kits match it so far on the HG side. (Don't have the space for MG kits or I'd try to tackle one of those)

Regardless what I get next, I'm going to be tossing a Hi-Mock into the order because why the hell not?

Honestly, I'd say the Orphans kits don't really match it, except in quality. They're simpler builds, despite the inner frames. Fortunately, there's a whole line of Origins kits, mostly based around the same core design as the Zaku. Real Grades are even more complex than that, with the 00 Riser and the MK II being standouts. There's also a version of the Wing Zero in RG, so that's cool.

Beyond that, depends on what you want. The new Revive kits are relatively simple, but great looking, well articulated, and mostly rock solid. The Guncannon Revive is just amazing.

If you just want detail, though, the Jesta Cannon might be your speed. It's not as advanced as Char's Zaku there, but it's really detailed.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

chiasaur11 posted:

As in unannounced, or just in general?

Because we're at bare minimum getting a Gundam in July, and with the movies getting extended, it's pretty likely we'll get some nice battle of Loum kits.

I noticed the Local Type Gundam coming out in July and it looks awesome. I'm more curious about later stuff like an Origin version of the GM or a Gelgoog. There's bound to be a regular Zaku II around the corner, since they did the Black Tri-Stars and Char suits,

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Zonekeeper posted:

New guy here!

Hi new guy! :)

quote:

I got an HGAC Wing Zero last week on a lark and really enjoyed putting it together. I was kinda terrible at removing the sprue marks, but I at least touched up the gray pieces with my gray panel lining marker. I need to go back later and hit it with sandpaper.

I like you already.

quote:

Current builds I'm considering:

You really can't go wrong with any of these kits. I would just say buy whichever one you like the most first and just work your way through them from there. Since you clearly like Wing, I would recommend HG Wing Zero Honoo, which is basically Wing Zero made out of fire.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
If you like effects parts, the Kamiki is definitely a great buy, since you get a bunchof them; fire wings, two short fire whips, and a fire impact effect for fists and for the feet. They all look pretty nice (I imagine REALLY nice with a small LED shining through them), and they're sculpted pretty nicely so they'd still hold up in solid anime colors as well.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
Get the Gundam X.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Get the RE/100 Nightingale.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

That MB 007S kit should be released next month. Its price is estimated to be $75 with shipping included.

Also for those of you annoyed about MG Altron, Model Legend finished his conversion kit. Also the GoL backpack, which comes with some extra extendo-bits.

He also seems to be starting up on a MB Red Frame conversion kit.

Ignimbrite
Jan 5, 2010

BALLS BALLS BALLS
Dinosaur Gum

BlitzBlast posted:

Get the Gundam X.

In other news, PG unicorn built and lined. The thing's a monster. It's deceptively stable for having so many loving moving parts in its' legs. Only issue I've had is it's wrists are a little limp so the beam magnum droops.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
Get an HMM Zoid! :v:

Zonekeeper
Oct 27, 2007

Somehow I knew I'd have people recommending to get All The Gunpla.

Think I'll get the Revive RX-78-2 for Char to aim his bigass sniper rifle at. And a Hi-Mock to use as a weapon caddy for everyone.

Any suggestions on a good place to get Action Base 2s in bulk? :retrogames:

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Zonekeeper posted:

Somehow I knew I'd have people recommending to get All The Gunpla.

Think I'll get the Revive RX-78-2 for Char to aim his bigass sniper rifle at. And a Hi-Mock to use as a weapon caddy for everyone.

Any suggestions on a good place to get Action Base 2s in bulk? :retrogames:

Amazon has 'em for five bucks, shipping included. But if you're getting a metric ton, might be cheaper to go with HLJ.

Also, you should round things out with the Guncannon, so Kai can humiliate Char while he's lining up his shot.

Kai is the best.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Kibner posted:

Get an HMM Zoid! :v:

Don't lure him down into the hole with us. It is a deep pit of lost money and intricately-assembled kits that they should endeavour to avoid. Or jump right in head-first with one of the high-end ones like the Liger Zero variants.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Don't lure him down into the hole with us. It is a deep pit of lost money and intricately-assembled kits that they should endeavour to avoid. Or jump right in head-first with one of the high-end ones like the Liger Zero variants.

I only have two sections left of the tail of the Gojulas left. Will definitely post some pics of it when it's assembled. It can arch much more than I thought it would.

Bimmi
Nov 8, 2009

someday
but not today

Zonekeeper posted:

HG Orphans Gundam Guison (:frog: + :redhammer:)

drat straight, skippy.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

No but really

HG Gundam X

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

Get the RE/100 Nightingale.

Hey, I LIKE the RE/100 Nightingale. :mad: Fun build and looks awesome when done.

But get the HG Gundam X, for real.

Zonekeeper
Oct 27, 2007

BlitzBlast posted:

No but really

HG Gundam X

Don't worry, with so many of the gunpla I want having huge guns, a mexican standoff display is in the cards.

Shame they'll never release a Tequila Gundam to be the centerpiece. :smith:

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

closeted republican posted:

Hey, I LIKE the RE/100 Nightingale. :mad: Fun build and looks awesome when done.

Wait, I was joking? Me, noted fan of huge plastic robots and huge red robot dongs?

Ignimbrite
Jan 5, 2010

BALLS BALLS BALLS
Dinosaur Gum

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Genosaurer or bust

I swear that thing's tail is designed to explode if you mess with it wrong, like some kind of plastic Lament Configuation.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
:siren: :siren: :siren:

Zonekeeper posted:

New guy here!

Build a Z´Gok.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

What's the best thing to do when you have a huge backlog?

Why buy even more expensive gunpla of course! :retrogames:

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

PG Zaku is cool, good choice. :respek:

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I doubt I would ever collect pg kits but maybe get one as a centerpiece.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
How many runners does the PG Zaku have? I'm trying to estimate how long it would take me to build one compared to my HMM Gojulas which is on over 55 runners, iirc.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Kibner posted:

How many runners does the PG Zaku have? I'm trying to estimate how long it would take me to build one compared to my HMM Gojulas which is on over 55 runners, iirc.

This many: http://i.imgur.com/5VRvX6z.jpg

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Thanks! Looks like a three month build for me. :v:

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Kibner posted:

According to Dalong, it's twenty-six plus a few small bags of metal components.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Darth Walrus posted:

According to Dalong, it's twenty-six plus a few small bags of metal components.

Ooo, nifty. I didn't know he counted that. I checked his site and he also has the kit I'm still building.

All the used runners:

Posed next to PG RX-78:

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Got a question regarding front skirts. My HGUC Ez8 has front skirts that move together. If I cut them apart so they move individually, will that make them fall out or will they still be held in by the rest of the waist construction? I don't want to make a cut I might regret.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

They'll still be held together by friction. Separating the front skirt armor like that is a common first mod.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Also, separating the skirt makes it less likely that the crotch will pop off when posing legs.

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you
Have any of you lot use Vallejo decal medium/fix? There's a lot of conflicting instructions on what order to do it in and apparently the official blog had/has it wrong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zonekeeper
Oct 27, 2007

Well poo poo, just busted the clip that holds the bazooka to the back of my Origin Zaku II. Luckily there's a channel around it, so I'm thinking that reinforcing it with wire (bent paperclip, maybe) on both sides with some glue should do the trick.

What kind of glue can I use to attach the wire that won't gently caress with the plastic?

Edit: Seems I can actually use the remains of the clip as a serviceable hook by hanging the handguard of the bazooka onto it.

Edit 2: A piece of extra sprue works even better!

Zonekeeper fucked around with this message at 04:20 on Jun 29, 2016