Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

plushpuffin
Jan 10, 2003

Fratercula arctica

Nap Ghost
It must be nice being so powerful that you think of the Borg as Gail the snail.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

It fits well enough. Voyager portrayed the Q not as TNG's wise/whimsical gods, but as a kind of sufficiently hyper-advanced alien people. And First Contact/Voyager Borg were fairly consistent in representing themselves as some crazy hyper-dimensional hive mind that spanned multiple universes, and the robot dudes we saw were just the most disposable extrusion of that hive mind into our comprehensible three dimensions of space.

TNG Borg would be gently caress-all to TNG Q, but Voyager Borg might pose some higher-dimensional cosmos threat to Voyager Q.

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
Also, why are all the Q just hanging out in the Milky Way anyway? If there's an infinite number of galaxies out there, it seems silly to just fart around here.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
Who's to say Q isn't appearing to 10,000 other beings in 10,000 other galaxies while he's trolling Picard in ours?

You puny-brained humans, always thinking in such limited dimensions. :smug:

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

FrensaGeran posted:

Actually in the abortion of an episode Q2, Dad Q tells Son Q "Don't provoke the Borg!" as if there's some kind of danger the robot zombies could ever put the Q into.

Season 3 had Q show up having been banished from the Continuum because he'd kept loving around with lesser beings. It's probably less "hey, don't put the Continuum in danger" and more "hey, don't go around getting civilizations destroyed, because you'll get in trouble/we won't have as many toys to play with".

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

criscodisco posted:

Also, why are all the Q just hanging out in the Milky Way anyway? If there's an infinite number of galaxies out there, it seems silly to just fart around here.

Even super powerful beings want to chill with Patrick Stewart.

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Squizzle posted:

It fits well enough. Voyager portrayed the Q not as TNG's wise/whimsical gods, but as a kind of sufficiently hyper-advanced alien people. And First Contact/Voyager Borg were fairly consistent in representing themselves as some crazy hyper-dimensional hive mind that spanned multiple universes, and the robot dudes we saw were just the most disposable extrusion of that hive mind into our comprehensible three dimensions of space.

TNG Borg would be gently caress-all to TNG Q, but Voyager Borg might pose some higher-dimensional cosmos threat to Voyager Q.

then why the gently caress did they have such a huge problem with the fluidic-space bug people??

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
Q: "Hello Worf, eat any good books lately?"

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

criscodisco posted:

The R continuum really doesn't like it when Q steps on their turf

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

then why the gently caress did they have such a huge problem with the fluidic-space bug people??

Fluidic space was the stupidest goddamn thing ever. I also would argue that Voyager should have been crushed immediately instead of just swimming around. It's an entire dimension filled with fluid. Wouldn't that be approaching infinite atmospheres of pressure?

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
If only Q would show up and give Janeway an Aston Martin filled with gadgets and a Rolex with a built in laser.

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

criscodisco posted:

Fluidic space was the stupidest goddamn thing ever. I also would argue that Voyager should have been crushed immediately instead of just swimming around. It's an entire dimension filled with fluid. Wouldn't that be approaching infinite atmospheres of pressure?

It should have just collapsed into a giant loving black hole aeons ago.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

The Collective rolled up to Moistburg all "nanoprobes!! :awesomelon:" but 877-2-SPECIES was like "nah,

no probes :smugmrgw:" and the Borg went :psylon:

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
Did Species 8472 even have ships? I seem to remember them just swimming through Fluidic Space. Seems like it'd be hard to mobilize strategic attacks on the Borg that way.

plushpuffin
Jan 10, 2003

Fratercula arctica

Nap Ghost

It should have just collapsed into a giant loving black hole aeons ago.

That's assuming gravity works the same way there. Maybe it's a lot weaker, basically the opposite of Raft.

plushpuffin
Jan 10, 2003

Fratercula arctica

Nap Ghost

criscodisco posted:

Did Species 8472 even have ships? I seem to remember them just swimming through Fluidic Space. Seems like it'd be hard to mobilize strategic attacks on the Borg that way.

They had ships, and they looked an awful lot like Vorlon ships.

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

criscodisco posted:

Star Trek Armada 2 made a bunch of 8472 ships and they're basically the Zerg.

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
Didn't Enterprise have a species where all the ships and space stations were made from hundreds of tiny dodecahedral one-man ships? I liked that idea but you just know if you lived and worked inside your tiny ship it would smell like White Castle in like a week.

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

criscodisco posted:

Didn't Enterprise have a species where all the ships and space stations were made from hundreds of tiny dodecahedral one-man ships? I liked that idea but you just know if you lived and worked inside your tiny ship it would smell like White Castle in like a week.

They were called the Taliban.

plushpuffin
Jan 10, 2003

Fratercula arctica

Nap Ghost
That was the Suliban. There was also a Voyager episode (The Disease) concerning a generation ship capable of breaking up into smaller vessels.

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.

criscodisco posted:

I think it was a generational colony ship. Harry got yelled at for getting his dick wet without written permission.

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
If I ever meet an alien I'm gonna immediately stick my dick in it whether it wants it or not, and even if I'm unsure of where exactly to stick it in. God help the alien that is devoid of orifices.

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
Get my balls in there, too.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
NO
gently caress
I

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
I'd like to think they'd be full of something special like gold flake space pussy juice that looks like Goldshlager but really they'd probably just be full of tumors like the rest of us.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
lmbo

plushpuffin
Jan 10, 2003

Fratercula arctica

Nap Ghost
Do you think it's legal to have sex with
Pakleds? Can those guys consent?

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it

plushpuffin posted:

Do you think it's legal to have sex with
Pakleds? Can those guys consent?

Tricking stupid people into the sack isn't illegal, is it?

I like the way the Earth aliens think, what with the probing. Like, it would be my absolute dream night to drive around gathering up real white trashy guys and forcing them into some assplay, like holy poo poo can you imagine?

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
I bet Tom stuck his willy in the tail pipe if that Ford pick up they found floating in space

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

Give me a pre-Surak Vulcan female and a half gallon of Yridian lube.

plushpuffin
Jan 10, 2003

Fratercula arctica

Nap Ghost
Three words: Bolian scat play.

Blood Shart
Sep 23, 2010

I like to go fast :gizz:
/

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

plushpuffin posted:

It must be nice being so powerful that you think of the Borg as Gail the snail.

Well, the Borg definitely would mash it too

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
It's Always Sunny in the Alpha Quadrant

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

criscodisco posted:

Didn't Enterprise have a species where all the ships and space stations were made from hundreds of tiny dodecahedral one-man ships?
TOS had something like that, by way of The 25th Anniversary game. Dudes stored all their poo poo on dodecahedron hard drives.

Everything is Base10 with those fucks.

Also, I would imagine BorgSex would be like those Demolition Man helmets, but with maximum sperg

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
Until the ovipositor gets involved.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
I watched an episode of Voyager today where Kes explained that to have a child she needed someone to massage her feet for an hour then have the mate hold hands for 6 days to impregnate her. Also, she needed to eat dirt for some reason.

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
Maybe "feet" is Ocampan for cloaca.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
in space no one can hear you scream im gay

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hector Beerlioz