Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Help I don't get it.

Edit: I don't get how these keep getting made.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Madea Takes Manhattan was a mis-step but Madea X will always be a guilty pleasure for me.

LeJackal
Apr 5, 2011

Ho-hum. When will RZ do something interesting?
Even his posters are derivatives of copies of bad imitations now.

An interesting proposition with interesting design. Sign me up.

Nobody cares about sports movies. Nobody.
Double so when you have the laziest composition and style. This is barely above, or on par with Giant Floating Heads over Prop (tm)

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I recall liking Remember The Titans but last time I saw it was 8th grade.

Sir Kodiak
May 14, 2007

LeJackal posted:

Creed was fantastic.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

LeJackal posted:

Speak for yourself, mate.

Meanwhile, the poster for a documentary about either A) one of the greatest athletes to ever lace up their boots ever, or B) the cheatiest cheat that ever cheated in the cheating history of cheating cheats.

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

Inzombiac posted:

Help I don't get it.

Older black people have money and go to movies. :ms:

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Don't Tyler Perry movies make a ridiculous amount of bank within their own little niche? Dude makes movies for his specific audience, who obviously would be feeling rather marginalised and is successful for it. More power to him.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Madea movies make 50-60 million, on 20-25 million budgets.

So mildly successful after theater cut and all that.

Black people who hate other black people is a weird niche, but he owns it.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

Shillary posted:

Older black people have money and go to movies. :ms:

I think he means the title wordplay. What does "Hellur" mean? Or is it a joke about diction/pronunciation that I don't get because I haven't heard Madea's voice?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

She talks funny, yeah.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Guy Mann posted:

Madea Takes Manhattan was a mis-step but Madea X will always be a guilty pleasure for me.

Halloween is Michael Meyers, not Jason.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

It's me! I'm the one who thinks Madea is hilarious!

Sorry. I'm gonna get high as gently caress and see Madea fight zombies. Too bad there's always 80 solid minutes of melodrama not involving a man in a dress saying halleluyer.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Thank God the acid doesn't effect those sweet nips.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

caligulamprey posted:

Man that's actually a killer loving poster.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
Taglines must have been easier to write when there were like 100 movies total

caligulamprey posted:

Hey, I just got this movie in the mail today

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.

morestuff posted:

Taglines must have been easier to write when there were like 100 movies total

This isn't an ad for Robert Downey Jr Chaplin? That looks so much like Downey Chaplin.

grahf987
May 11, 2009

Gonz posted:

On the topic of Star Trek, here's a bunch of new 50th Anniversary poster art; I like some of the Beyond stuff:

First two are the "good", third could use some work but not too bad either. If they ran a 1970's pass on it, id place it in the the "good". The close up faces and dirt bike stuff belong somewhere in the "bad" for Beyond. Guess all big budget movies have like 5 people design poster and they just mix and match to fit comity style. Never mind no guessing needed.

Vanderdeath
Oct 1, 2005

I will confess,
I love this cultured hell that tests my youth.

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

I still want a Borderlands 2 movie. Jack is one of the best video games bad guys ever. I have never enjoyed killing a boss more than Jack at the end. Also, Assault on Dragons Keep is loving brilliant storytelling.

I kinda feel bad for Gearbox w/r/t Handsome Jack because they realized they created one of the few memorable characters they've ever had and killed him in the same game. Now they have to create lame-as-poo poo reasons for him to pop up in Borderlands spinoff stuff. I also believe that Handsome Jack would've fell completely flat if it hadn't been for his voice actor elevating that script.

I'm so tired of Madea and I know I'll be dragged to see this but I do like the dumb spoof posters they do for each of them. Perry's a legit film buff, so they're probably his idea.

grahf987
May 11, 2009

Vanderdeath posted:

I'm so tired of Madea and I know I'll be dragged to see this but I do like the dumb spoof posters they do for each of them. Perry's a legit film buff, so they're probably his idea.

You poor soul. I can die in my grave knowing I have not seen one second of a Madea movie that I know of, and rest happy. But, I saw all the Martin Lawrence fat suit/im a black guy somewhere doing something/ I am a fat black guy in some situation/
I am a fat black guy who needs to observe a crime but I am really a supposedly stud cop in a old black lady fat suit for "reasons" movies I can handle. So my grave will not rest too well. Then again if somebody managed to successfully pull me to watch a Madea movie in the theater, then drat I got some love or respect for them. So here is hoping a Madea theater ticket is in my future.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
Idris Elba was in a Tyler Perry movie about a decade ago before his star really started to rise, for better or worse Perry is one of the few people in America who consistently gives leading roles to black actors in commercially successful movies that aren't crime dramas.

feedmyleg posted:

I think he means the title wordplay. What does "Hellur" mean? Or is it a joke about diction/pronunciation that I don't get because I haven't heard Madea's voice?

Waffleman_ posted:

Halloween is Michael Meyers, not Jason.

Yeah but the gag doesn't work as well with Halloween names.

grahf987
May 11, 2009
In one of my more shameful post recently I defended Perry, and I still will (it was not shameful because of that) Besides the "Tyler Perry" movies and his pandering to black audiences he is an ok Actor and seems to know what he is doing. Cant say I like the dude but even Cruze, Dwayne, Evans, and Johanson have swayed me in recent years and if IF Jennifer Lawrence keeps chipping away at it then maybe. Not that I will affect his money one bit.

grahf987
May 11, 2009
He has the chance and talent to be not Madea. Big houses dont mean poo poo if you sold empty boxes to buy them.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

grahf987 posted:

He has the chance and talent to be not Madea. Big houses dont mean poo poo if you sold empty boxes to buy them.

He tried going out as himself as a lead in Alex Cross, which bombed. He was also in David Fincher's Gone Girl (as well as the last TMNT movie), so it's not like he's completely given up and retreated back to Madea.

I would like to see him do his science fiction project. It'll be interesting.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Young Freud posted:

Based on his previous role, it'll be a Star Trek spinoff.

(I never really got why people were so mad at that cameo either)

grahf987
May 11, 2009

Young Freud posted:

He tried going out as himself as a lead in Alex Cross, which bombed. He was also in David Fincher's Gone Girl (as well as the last TMNT movie), so it's not like he's completely given up and retreated back to Madea.

Agreed, he is great in supporting stuff. Just to be an rear end in a top hat he was in the new Startrek (part one, the reboot/sequel)as some kind of admiral of something. I know that is not what you meant though. He would do well as Sgt. Al Powell in a new Die Hard or hell he is normal enough to be a new die hard. He is in 1980 Bruce shape, probably better. If Sringer Bell can be Bond then Madea can be John McClane. Wow talk about sentences never before typed.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

grahf987 posted:

I don't think thats how houses work.

grahf987
May 11, 2009

Cage posted:

I don't think thats how houses work.

Yeah but poorly thought out metaphors are full of them or can buy them, wait, probably knows where to sell them?

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~

SciFiDownBeat posted:

you will not reach true enlightenment until you realize that borderlands 1 was oppressively unfunny as well. namaste

No question, Borderlands is unfunny, but Borderlands 2 so much worse.

Inzombiac posted:

Help I don't get it.

I've been seeing this question since I started posting in CineD. Never change, goons. :allears:

grahf987 posted:

People get upset at a dude making movies targeted at an audience ignored by Hollywood, and instead want him to make movies targeted at them.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

That is one weird loving movie but also awesome.

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!

grahf987 posted:

You poor soul. I can die in my grave
So, are you expecting to be accidentally buried alive, or do you owe money to the type of people who make you dig your own grave?

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

This movie rules and absolutely delivers on everything but the age restriction. It's not just being released now, though, is it? That premiered at the Toronto festival in 2013.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

flashy_mcflash posted:

This movie rules and absolutely delivers on everything but the age restriction. It's not just being released now, though, is it? That premiered at the Toronto festival in 2013.

Nah, Drafthouse Films released it in the US back in 2014.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Green ranger cameo at the end/teaser?

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Someone make one of these with Zoolander

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Not racist enough.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Vintersorg posted:

Green ranger cameo at the end/teaser?

The rumor is Elizabeth Banks character is the Green Ranger while also being Rita.