Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

Captain Invictus posted:

That is pretty fantastic. I should probably watch Adventure time at some point, I remember seeing the pilot for it on CN way back when.

Start at like Season 2, and once you're into it go back for the first Season. Season 1 is rough, but they start to reference it in later seasons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

w00tazn
Dec 25, 2004
I don't say w00t in real life
Went to the store and walked out with the Porche and the Beetle. Wondering which one I should start first

Turbinosamente
May 29, 2013

Lights on, Lights off
Every time I try to get out of lego it sucks me back in. Found a bad condition Ramses Return set/game that I've scalped the parts from and grafted them on to the Scooby Doo Mummy Museum Mystery set thus far. However I have no use for the dice base and special mummy tiles for the sides, does anyone want them?

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
The dice piece is an incredibly, unbelievably useful piece for MOCs, especially if you get the rubber off it. It's also somewhat rare. I recommend keeping it if you build stuff on your own sometimes.

Turbinosamente
May 29, 2013

Lights on, Lights off
Looking at Ebay, it didn't seem all that rare, the lego board games are only two-ish years out of date...

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
As a single piece, I mean, since it only comes one per game I believe.

Turbinosamente
May 29, 2013

Lights on, Lights off
Perhaps I'll hold on to the dice block then, since I've been considering getting into more micro scale kinds of sets/MOCs. I built myself what was supposed to be a tiny spaceship last night, mostly out of Lego Dimensions Bane, though this morning it looks more like a futuristic jet fighter.

Which leads me to another question, parting out a Lego Dimensions minifig pack is pretty much impossible correct? As in no one will want Bane on his stand alone with out the vehicle parts?

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Guarantee anything you might want is on bricklink. You just might pay through the nose for it.

Overemotional Robot
Mar 16, 2008

Robotor just hasn't been the same since 9/11...
So, we're having some issues with storing instruction booklets. We tried binders but it got too cumbersome and didn't work well. Anybody got any tips that worked for them?

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride
My wife made me throw out a lot of them, and then she sorted what I kept into 3 size based piles and they fit pretty neatly on my office closet shelf.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
drat, instruction manuals can be sold for a fair amount, even in big unsorted lots, especially for larger sets which can sometimes go for 20+ dollars each.

Overemotional Robot
Mar 16, 2008

Yeah, no way I'm getting rid of any. I think the problem with the binders may be the protectors we bought not being sturdy enough / having too many in each binder. I just can't find anything that will hold up to some of these thick instruction books.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I just jam all mine in the cardboard backed bags from big sets and trash the ones from sets that cost less than 20. You can fit a lot into one of those bags and it keeps the in perfect shape..

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

I just have a big bag of them. It was meant to be temporary, but

Pyroclastic
Jan 4, 2010

I've stuck mine into ziplocs (they don't usually fit enough to close, but it keeps them from being loose), and then packed those ziplocs into an airtight file box, and put those boxes in my storage unit. I won't be throwing them out.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Yeah I have a plastic airtight bin with all my instructions in it, it works great.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
Booklets go in ziplocs, along with the set's pieces after I disassemble them. I figure I'll probably sell off 90% of what I buy eventually.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride

Captain Invictus posted:

Yeah I have a plastic airtight bin with all my instructions in it, it works great.

I had this but filled up the bin and started a stack of them on top of the bin and that's when I had to cull them. Also, a bunch of sets went into storage bins in the shed. On the plus side, my office looks great.

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together
Any of you ever been to Legoland Florida? If all I want to see is Miniland, and I go in January/February, is the 1-hour shopper's pass enough to go in, take some pics, and head out? Yes I know I still have to pay to park.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
I keep them on my bookshelf. The small ones, like from pollybags I hold together with a file clip.

Ika
Dec 30, 2004
Pure insanity

Overemotional Robot posted:

So, we're having some issues with storing instruction booklets. We tried binders but it got too cumbersome and didn't work well. Anybody got any tips that worked for them?

I use the small amazon boxes they use whenever I order a handful of books / movies.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Ika posted:

I use the small amazon boxes they use whenever I order a handful of books / movies.

These are also fantastic, yes. I use them to store books I'm not going to be reading soon.

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2
Am I the only person who keeps the instructions and spares in the boxes? I'm guessing most people flatten the boxes when they get too many to store, huh?

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Or they throw them out

The only boxes I keep are of stuff I think will actually be worth something in the future, ucs star wars and such boxes.

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2
Ah, I like to keep sets together so when I dismantle them they go back in the box. I don't have a parts bin because I don't do MoCs.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
While I do have the storage space to put some stuff like that away, I can absolutely understand someone just chucking the boxes.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
The only boxes I've kept are the UCS Slave I and the big Shuttle set from a few years back. Boxes take up too much space.

Cockblocktopus
Apr 18, 2009

Since the beginning of time, man has yearned to destroy the sun.

I stored a bunch of boxes in the last place I lived, but I think only two or three survived the move and that was because they were big enough to function as moving boxes.

I'm gonna just dump all my Lego in a tub and hand it off to my kid one day. I'll never need the box to a $30 Batman set for anything. (Chucking the Tower Bridge box was a bit of a harder sell though; I can completely understand things like UCS Star Wars.)

Turbinosamente posted:

Which leads me to another question, parting out a Lego Dimensions minifig pack is pretty much impossible correct? As in no one will want Bane on his stand alone with out the vehicle parts?

I'm like 99% sure that you can use the base without any bricks in the game, so as long as you're selling the vehicle base as well you could probably find somebody to pay a slight premium above minifig prices for "Bane minifigure + two Lego Dimensions bases" or something. You won't recoup the whole set's cost but if you just have to have those nice Bane accessory pieces it would offset it a bit.

Turbinosamente
May 29, 2013

Lights on, Lights off

FadingChord posted:

I stored a bunch of boxes in the last place I lived, but I think only two or three survived the move and that was because they were big enough to function as moving boxes.

I'm gonna just dump all my Lego in a tub and hand it off to my kid one day. I'll never need the box to a $30 Batman set for anything. (Chucking the Tower Bridge box was a bit of a harder sell though; I can completely understand things like UCS Star Wars.)

I'm like 99% sure that you can use the base without any bricks in the game, so as long as you're selling the vehicle base as well you could probably find somebody to pay a slight premium above minifig prices for "Bane minifigure + two Lego Dimensions bases" or something. You won't recoup the whole set's cost but if you just have to have those nice Bane accessory pieces it would offset it a bit.

That's the thing, not having the other pieces would kind of reduce the fun factor to the game wouldn't it? Plus I used/want to keep the parts that make up Bane's chemical backpack thing, so he wouldn't even have that. I'm thinking its a no go unless some one in this thread absolutely wants the fig and bases for some reason. I'm a little bitter about having missed a sale on the pack by a day and still having got it because that was the only set with the rubber wheels I needed for a project.

Re: manual storage chat I too have them in a ziploc bag with the parts, and some in a bin. Those in a bin are left over from parted out sets and duplicates. Guess who bought like nine Emerald Express sets last Christmas to make a proper train?

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

I had my manuals in a binder with clear sleeves, which looked nice but didn't really work well. Maybe if your sets are mostly small ones it works, but Architecture and Modular Building manuals were too heavy (so they drooped) and thick and needed multiple sleeves.

Now I have a big plastic tub, which is still not ideal because small small manuals still don't really stack well with the big heavy ones. Maybe I will go back to the binder for the small ones.

Ika
Dec 30, 2004
Pure insanity

Waldorf Sixpence posted:

Am I the only person who keeps the instructions and spares in the boxes? I'm guessing most people flatten the boxes when they get too many to store, huh?

I put boxes in boxes in boxes until I can't fit any more layers, and then stack the big ones.

Overemotional Robot
Mar 16, 2008

smackfu posted:

I had my manuals in a binder with clear sleeves, which looked nice but didn't really work well. Maybe if your sets are mostly small ones it works, but Architecture and Modular Building manuals were too heavy (so they drooped) and thick and needed multiple sleeves.

Now I have a big plastic tub, which is still not ideal because small small manuals still don't really stack well with the big heavy ones. Maybe I will go back to the binder for the small ones.

Yeah, this is the problem with ours. I hate to get rid of manuals even for cheap sets because my daughter likes to rebuild things from time to time for her Lego city (then alter them, then tear them down, then like 2 months later start the cycle anew).

I saw one suggestion online for a kind of binder folder that had a Velcro flap, but it was like $17 for 10 sooooo... no.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Just toss everything in the largest lego box you have. It works, and if you fill the box up you can use it as an excuse to buy a larger lego set so you can upgrade your box.

I'm currently using a Benny's spaceship box for all my stuff.

kefkafloyd
Jun 8, 2006

What really knocked me out
Was her cheap sunglasses
I didn't see it mentioned in the thread (and if it was I'm sorry) but when I picked up the Beetle at the Lego store today they said the August VIP incentive would be the mini London Double-decker bus and that (combined with my points balance) means I'll be picking up Big Ben next month. :toot:

OpenlyEvilJello
Dec 28, 2009

I keep most of my old instructions in magazine holders on a bookshelf.

Electromax
May 6, 2007
I like to arrange all my instructions in large fans on the dining table, then when guests come over there's a ceremony where we each select one and retire to private Building Chambers for the evening.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
I have them leatherbound and then they go into the east library, along with the Transformers instructions.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I just get them all tattooed on my body so I never lose them. If I ever lose track of how to build Friends Stephanie's Beach house, I can just pull my butt cheeks apart in the mirror and bam it's all right there.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
hahaha

the Sam Fischer Squad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dogen
May 5, 2002

I felt dirty buying a brickarms minigun for the Quinjet mk1; this is ridiculous.