Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
The Aurra Sing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Peanut President posted:

Just be glad they didn't do it with a cast of women. Because if it's bad you'll be allowed to pan it.

Get a load of this guy.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

It's PC gone mad Stu.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

The Aurra Sing.

Who was Boba's surrogate mother in Clone Wars.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

SciFiDownBeat posted:

my friend told me about that finale (have no interest in watching the show myself). lol times a thousand. I thought it was pretty cool on paper tbh

Well, the problem was that they had been teasing who the big kill at the end of the season was going to be, before the season even started. They were hyping up this major character death for the entirety of the season, and we finally get to the big moment, and it cuts to black, revealing absolutely nothing.

Mind you this is after a big fake out of another major character earlier the season where they dealt several episodes in dealing with the death, before revealing, oops, they actually survived!

The show has become extremely manipulative storytelling wise, and it left a bad taste in a lot of people's mouths.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
This has also been SOP for The Walking Dead since very early on so I can't imagine why it's suddenly a problem.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.
The Walking Dead? Bad!?

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

GonSmithe posted:

The Walking Dead? Bad!?

I love the zomboes...

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Lady Naga posted:

I love the zomboes...

Excuse me, TWD is too high class for that word. They're walkers.

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012
Around when it first started airing my friend described a portion of an episode he really liked & it was just this long description where this guy keeps almost dying before finally his friend accidentally shoots him in the head....and he's fine! It sounded sooo bad

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
For the five goons that haven't seen TWD: Only watch the first episode.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

Is there any reason to do that when I could just maybe watch Dawn of the Dead again instead? Honest question here, I've never watched any of The Walking Dead except for this one time I was at a bar and I noticed the closed-captioning on the TV near my table was showing Mountain Goats lyrics, so I saw like a minute of the end of an episode.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Or I could just not watch yet another zombie thing.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Allen Wren posted:

Is there any reason to do that when I could just maybe watch Dawn of the Dead again instead? Honest question here, I've never watched any of The Walking Dead except for this one time I was at a bar and I noticed the closed-captioning on the TV near my table was showing Mountain Goats lyrics, so I saw like a minute of the end of an episode.

Well obviously everything is better than TWD. I'm just saying, if morbid curiosity takes hold, watch the first episode and realize that's the lovingly crafted appetizer, then immediately after you eat it the 4 michelin star chef is fired and the insane restaurant owner comes out and shits on your table.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Waffleman_ posted:

Or I could just not watch yet another zombie thing.

Except iZombie.

Comic-Con comic book TV posters:

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
Midseason premiere, that's always good.

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012
That poster not great but I figured out the premise/cast based on it so...props for that

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Well obviously everything is better than TWD. I'm just saying, if morbid curiosity takes hold, watch the first episode and realize that's the lovingly crafted appetizer, then immediately after you eat it the 4 michelin star chef is fired and the insane restaurant owner comes out and shits on your table.

It's tempting to say it's funny to see how bad it gets but you're better off not satisfying your curiosity.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

Midseason premiere, that's always good.

Midseason for NBC actually shows confidence, since it means it's what they're banking on to cover the timeslots of their canceled junk.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.

Is that Ron Funches? Am I gonna have to watch this?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It has a strong cast, making it all the more disappointing when it's terrible.

Aphrodite fucked around with this message at 04:04 on Jul 19, 2016

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

LesterGroans posted:

Is that Ron Funches? Am I gonna have to watch this?
Unfortunately, it is not.

I thought the exact same thing. Someone might make a goon face blindness slash race joke, but how is that dude not Ron Funches?

EDIT: FUNCHES!

caligulamprey fucked around with this message at 04:24 on Jul 19, 2016

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
I can't believe you guys don't know what Don Cunches looks like.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I don't even know who it is because he's not on any cast lists.

Edit: Okay no, that is Funches. It was only announced earlier today, that's why IMDb and stuff don't have it yet.

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!

I could even go as far as to suggest the entire first season to someone bored enough. Like, maybe they're recuperating from bilateral hip surgery? I mean, the show seemed like it knew where it was going, and Jon Bernthal was there...

ObamaPhone
Jul 6, 2016
Personal favorite of mine:

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

What a great poster to just re-purpose the single piece of promotion of the series

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Game of Thrones is a much better zombie show than Walking Dead by several nautical miles and zombies are only in 7 or 8 episodes.

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012

ObamaPhone posted:

Gnarly poster of X-Wing-Games Luke

Attitude Indicator
Apr 3, 2009

ObamaPhone posted:

cool sci-fi outhouse

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
I think the carbonite-frozen face of Han in the clouds would work better if any other part of the clouds has the same level of detail. Right now it just looks tacked on.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

I'll up that to "watch 28 Days Later instead".

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

I actually thought the later seasons of TWD was on a general upswing in quality.

LeJackal
Apr 5, 2011

Jedit posted:

I'll up that to "watch 28 Days Later instead".

28 Days Later is not a zombie film, though.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

I actually thought the later seasons of TWD was on a general upswing in quality.

The half season after they left the prison was pretty good, I didn't really watch after that though.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

LeJackal posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FqNQbdD3kLw

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
Instead of watching walking dead, watch Z Nation.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

Watch Predestination, based on the story All You Zombies.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

LeJackal posted:

Stop this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Instead of zombie shows watch vampire shows.

Vampires are like zombies but better..