Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

BABY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
Violence!

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Is this duwang?

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

I cant wait for eternal soccer hero, Midoriya.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Aaand MS is up. http://mangastream.com/r/my_hero_academia/101/3569/1

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?

So.......

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

I do not trust Mineta-brand products.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

I love Hatsume Mei.

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?

Horikoshi does it again!

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Mei is pretty great.

I like that Tokoyami's special move is the Berserk armor. Maybe Kouda can be his Schierke :allears:

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL
Tenebrous Abyss Body :allears:

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?

Definitely looking forward to Deku developing his own style.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

So his legs are tougher than his arms? I'm glad he's getting his own style instead of just trying to be All Might Jr.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Radish posted:

So his legs are tougher than his arms?

They often are

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Radish posted:

So his legs are tougher than his arms? I'm glad he's getting his own style instead of just trying to be All Might Jr.

It makes sense as a shortcut allowing him to hit harder to account for the fact his arms aren't strong enough yet, but I'm not sure it really makes sense as a long-term strategy. Fighting styles that consist mostly of kicking are both impractical and look silly, and given that his power is literally identical to All Might's it doesn't make a lot of sense to completely reinvent the wheel. Human bodies don't differ by that much (though manga are kinda of known for pseudoscience in this department, so I won't be surprised if the explanation is something like "Deku's arms are naturally weak").

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

The author seems to be a fan of girls in tank tops and heck, he ain't wrong.

Also Bakugou's power up is great because it is so simple.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

There's also the fact that Deku's arms have been wrecked to hell and back already, so switching to his legs gives him something for a fresh start, at least.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Radish posted:

Ever seen a femur compared to the humerus?

dazoner
May 17, 2006

White People!

Why am I not surprised.

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.
That was really loving cool.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Kyte posted:

Ever seen a femur compared to the humerus?

Yeah but if he's turning his arm into paste using OFA, switching to his somewhat stronger leg isn't really going to make that not a problem.

Having said that I'm down with him being a kicking fighter if that's the way the comic laws of science work.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
So, he stopped trying to be Franky and started being Sanji?

Alectai
Dec 31, 2008

It doesn't matter how long I live, I will never have a hat as dashing as this.

Radish posted:

Yeah but if he's turning his arm into paste using OFA, switching to his somewhat stronger leg isn't really going to make that not a problem.

Having said that I'm down with him being a kicking fighter if that's the way the comic laws of science work.

Looks to me that it's a combination of better cushioning for his striking surfaces, and that barring running into an extreme outlier like the muscle dude (Who was apparently beastly enough that even All Might in his prime would have had to dig reasonably deep to take him down), it'll give him enough striking power to win most fights--and more importantly, focusing on agility instead of sheer power lets him escape anything that he can't beat up (Because reserving his arms for maneuver instead of attacking lets him do interesting parkour things with the environment that could give him an edge retreating from power types like muscle guy)

Plus, you know, it fits the whole rabbit theme his costume has going for it. It's a logical evolution of his style.

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Well Deku was exclusively using his arms for all of his stocks since that's what All Might did. He probably won't use exclusively his legs but incorporate kick moves to reduce stress on his arms.

Also I'm expecting a 100% One For All Kick be like a Dragon Kick from God Hand

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

The Law? Law is a Human Institution.

Gravity Girl's crush and slight jealousy at another girl touching Deku is absolutely adorable. :3:

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Tokoyami is such a dork. :allears:

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Rich Uncle Chet posted:

Gravity Girl's crush and slight jealousy at another girl touching Deku is absolutely adorable. :3:

You say that now but one of these days she'll steal Hatsume's flute from music class and, well

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
concepts mei does not believe in: bad ideas for gadgets, sportsmanship, personal space

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Poison Mushroom posted:

So, he stopped trying to be Franky and started being Sanji?

Okay, good, I'm not the only one that thought this.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

this manga is really really good guys

hell astro course
Dec 10, 2009

pizza sucks

The creepy mangastream fanart never ceases to both amaze, and make me question my life choices. All Might stop looking like you're creeping on Deku.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

God bless Mei Hatsume :pray:

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
"Be friends with Mei, she's batfuck crazy but dammit if she's not good"

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
Deku is no longer trying to be All Might, and is now trying to be Shinsuke Nakamura

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.
I'm actually pretty okay with Deku becoming Kick Hero. In a lot of Shonen Kick Hero is relegated to either Antagonist or secondary character. The idea of that being the protagonist instead could be kind of interesting.

On the other hand I'm still probably more interested in the eventual All Might spin-off because I kind of want a different style of fighting then this manga provides.

like don't get me wrong, I love this series, but I think the weakest part of this manga is the fights. Everything else is amazing, but I'd rank the fights at 'mediocre'.

hell astro course
Dec 10, 2009

pizza sucks

Stallion Cabana posted:

I'm actually pretty okay with Deku becoming Kick Hero. In a lot of Shonen Kick Hero is relegated to either Antagonist or secondary character. The idea of that being the protagonist instead could be kind of interesting.

On the other hand I'm still probably more interested in the eventual All Might spin-off because I kind of want a different style of fighting then this manga provides.

like don't get me wrong, I love this series, but I think the weakest part of this manga is the fights. Everything else is amazing, but I'd rank the fights at 'mediocre'.

I think I feel exactly the opposite, I find the fights in BnHA to be refreshingly quick and to the point, with some pretty decent panel work. I do agree it's different from other fight oriented shonen battlers. It's definitely not the place for naruto fights.

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

I love Ochako's delayed reactions.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.

Radish posted:

It does help though, not only is the bone larger but the supporting muscle and ligaments are stronger since they get more use. He can also take inspiration from Gran Torino's moves by being feet-focused as well.

In the long run, Deku doesn't have All Might's body type and likely never will, so his legs will remain his highest-strength appendages (especially since he's ripped his arms to woah.)

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Mei is loving awesome. :allears:

Question: So when is Deku going to almost trash his legs next? There's gotta be a limit to how much they can take (albeit longer than arms because biology). I get that he's trying to heal his hands but can they actually heal over time? You'd think there'd be more people out there who have similar healing quirks, right? Deku could use a healing factor or a way to buff up like All Might in the future. If he hypothetically had bionic/synthetic limb replacements down the line, could it be possible to channel full cowl/OfA into them? If that worked then he could hypothetically keep fighting and having his limbs repaired by our lovely Hatsume Mei.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Grouchio posted:

Mei is loving awesome. :allears:

Question: So when is Deku going to almost trash his legs next?

When he fights Kaminari