Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn

chiasaur11 posted:

I don't know why someone would pick the AEUG version, honestly.

Super Gundam.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -

chiasaur11 posted:

Cat Hatter
Oct 24, 2006

Hatters gonna hat.

chiasaur11 posted:

I already have the MG in Titans livery.

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Lost his leg in Robo War I
Those who've built a HG Beargguy: Is the peg that connects the upper leg to the knee just terrible? I don't see how I could be building this wrong- the parts are flush as they could physically be, but it seems like they would never have engineered a peg and slot that has this bad and shallow of a contact. The legs won't even withstand being picked up; the force of gravity makes the feet fall off.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Anonymous Robot posted:

Those who've built a HG Beargguy: Is the peg that connects the upper leg to the knee just terrible? I don't see how I could be building this wrong- the parts are flush as they could physically be, but it seems like they would never have engineered a peg and slot that has this bad and shallow of a contact. The legs won't even withstand being picked up; the force of gravity makes the feet fall off.

This isn't too uncommon of inner frame-less HG's; GM Sniper K9 and Shining Gundam both have this problem with the hip joint to upper leg connection.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE

chiasaur11 posted:

I don't know why someone would pick the AEUG version, honestly. Less parts, worse colors, and a smaller optional marking sheet. (Not that you'd use all the markings on an RG because that's terrifying).

I'm curious, what less parts does the AEUG MkII display in contrast.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Ka0 posted:

I'm curious, what less parts does the AEUG MkII display in contrast.

The Titans version has a bunch of small parts to rebuild the MK II to a test type.

The AEUG doesn't.

That's all.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE

chiasaur11 posted:

The Titans version has a bunch of small parts to rebuild the MK II to a test type.

The AEUG doesn't.

That's all.

Oh that's why I have 2 pairs of tit-vents and 2 different sets of calf-thrusters.

In other news, when are the Gyancelot and ZZ-top II coming out?

Chainclaw
Feb 14, 2009

I started building and painting my HG F-91 in Synthwave colors today. Thanks to things I picked up in this thread, instead of spray painting the entire sprues, I clipped pieces, affixed them to poles, and painted them from there. I still went a bit too thick, and made some mistakes assembling. Each HG I put together I'm hoping to make less mistakes.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

I wanna see it finished, keep it up!

MJP
Jun 17, 2007

Are you looking at me Senpai?

Grimey Drawer
For those hopeful: the Qubeley Funnel Effect Set parts are not compatible with the older Qubeleys. They need the Revive one both for the funnels to fit and for the tail piece to hold them in.

Ask me how I found this out, with Otakon in five days. D:

Oh well - I probably wasn't going to win the contest anyway, I'm just entering to show off my shiny-rear end Papillon.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

I will never stop laughing at the insane prices my local comic shop has for it's gunpla. Mg double X for 85 dollars! Even blitz couldn't justify that purchase

But some people must be buying them since they keep ordering more in :psyduck:

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Most of the models at my local store have about a five dollar markup. Not bad for some kits but I'm not buying my rg sinanju from them. And their master grade pricing is insane.

Arc Hammer fucked around with this message at 22:57 on Aug 8, 2016

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Most of the stuff at my hobby shop is pretty good on pricing, I think the greatest deviation was something like $95 for MG FA Unicorn compared to $70 on Amazon. The rest of their MGs are pretty reasonable.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

EthanSteele posted:

Real nice, you gotta do a long tail with the stripes for the complete look!

Quoting for context:

Instead of working on bigger projects, I decided to slack off and make a quick scratch-built tail for Redguy! Also because it gave me an excuse to use one of the tiny, tiny balljoint packs from Wave that I got in a HLJ shipment.

The tail looks a bit weird because it's got two balljoints and a peg joint for some articulation; they don't have as much mobility as I'd hoped, but its more than enough to rest, tripod for balance, and stick straight up.

Chainclaw
Feb 14, 2009

I did the arms. I learned some very important lessons. #1 is to mask, mask everything always. Mask the parts that go inside of each other, mask where I want different colors. #2 is don't go thick with the paint, go as thin as possible. #3 is that the clear coat I have either takes over an hour to dry or is very bad and I shouldn't use it. After loving up the right arm, I pressed onward to the left. #4 is those nifty expensive Gundam paint markers aren't magical and I should use them sparingly, and instead more often opt to spray paint with a mask when possible.

I figure just get these kits done and colored and put together while loving up constantly is the best way to learn these lessons, especially considering the spray paint cost often more than these kits.

Besides the mistakes, I still really like the colors I'm using.

slightpirate
Dec 26, 2006
i am the dance commander

Chainclaw posted:

I did the arms. I learned some very important lessons. #1 is to mask, mask everything always. Mask the parts that go inside of each other, mask where I want different colors. #2 is don't go thick with the paint, go as thin as possible. #3 is that the clear coat I have either takes over an hour to dry or is very bad and I shouldn't use it. After loving up the right arm, I pressed onward to the left. #4 is those nifty expensive Gundam paint markers aren't magical and I should use them sparingly, and instead more often opt to spray paint with a mask when possible.

I figure just get these kits done and colored and put together while loving up constantly is the best way to learn these lessons, especially considering the spray paint cost often more than these kits.

Besides the mistakes, I still really like the colors I'm using.

Neo-Neon has joined the Gundam Fight!

Revitalized
Sep 13, 2007

A free custom title is a free custom title

Lipstick Apathy
:negative: P-Bandai whyyyyy
http://gundamguy.blogspot.com/2016/08/p-bandai-exclusive-mg-1100-heavy-arms.html
http://gundamguy.blogspot.com/2016/08/p-bandai-exclusive-mg-1100-heavy-arms_9.html

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

I'm honestly curious what took this so long.

More importantly, Bandai has finally established an official international P-Bandai service!

BlitzBlast fucked around with this message at 08:18 on Aug 10, 2016

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
That's huge. :aaaaa:

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Oh and there's a Gunpla Expo tonight. Come onnnnnn MG X Divider!!!!

Red Bones
Aug 9, 2012

"I think he's a bad enough person to stay ghost through his sheer love of child-killing."

This is really good news!

BlitzBlast posted:

Oh and there's a Gunpla Expo tonight.

This is also good news, but I'll be surprised if they show off any MGs aside from the Thunderbolt Zaku. I guess they might announce a new RG now that the Sinanju has been released?

A Big... Dog
Mar 25, 2013

HELLO DAD

Holy poo poo, international P-Bandai!

poo poo, what am I going to moan about now

unpurposed
Apr 22, 2008
:dukedog:

Fun Shoe
Intl. P-Bandai only seems to be for a limited set of products - is that correct?

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Back off, I saw it first, it's MINE! :shepspends:

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

unpurposed posted:

Intl. P-Bandai only seems to be for a limited set of products - is that correct?

It's going to be down to whatever each proxy company is selling, it's just that they're official partners now instead of just pretending to order for domestic customers.

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -

aw, that sucks! why would bandai do something so terri

oh poo poo! oh poo poo! that's-- that's the opposite of sucks! that rules! that rules more than the last thing sucked! that rules so hard it makes the last thing rule too!

Booourns
Jan 20, 2004
Please send a report when you see me complain about other posters and threads outside of QCS

~thanks!

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

RG Build Strike.

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -

BlitzBlast posted:

RG Build Strike.

sold.

Red Bones
Aug 9, 2012

"I think he's a bad enough person to stay ghost through his sheer love of child-killing."

MG Psycho Zaku Ver.Ka

I wonder if it's gonna come with the gigantic backpack and bazooka collection or not.

Also the regular thunderbolt Zaku looks far better than the special red one, I'll fight anyone who says otherwise :colbert:

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

1/100 of a new IBO thing.

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

Same. I'm actually excited.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

BlitzBlast posted:

1/100 of a new IBO thing.

I think that's a new Gjallarhorn Gundam. The weapon is interesting - it looks like an epee with Attack on Titan-style replaceable blades.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Here's the 1/100 Barbatos Lupus.

Zwingley
Sep 20, 2011

"My dear Seth, you look absolutely dashing!"

Hair Elf

What a fuckin' time to be alive. :peanut:

I love that the Barbados gets slightly more terrifying with each upgrade.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

ahahahahahahhahahahAHAHAHAHHAHA

"Hey how do we design a new rival for Sekai?"

"Let's just ducktape his last two together."

EDIT:

My GM-fu is weak, I think this is the Ground Type?

BlitzBlast fucked around with this message at 11:36 on Aug 10, 2016

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

BlitzBlast posted:

EDIT:

My GM-fu is weak, I think this is the Ground Type?

Yeah it has the color scheme of the GM Ground Type

With that, it looks like you won't have to buy the Ground War set if you want a GM head for Karen's Groundam.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

BlitzBlast posted:

Here's the 1/100 Barbatos Lupus.

Sexy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

BlitzBlast posted:

RG Build Strike.

Watch the Star Build Strike be a P-Bandai parts kit for it.

Where are you getting these pictures from, anyway? Doesn't look like GundamGuy has them yet.