Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Cake Attack posted:

no relationship in Tomo will ever go anywhere

Well, two of them did.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Cake Attack posted:

no relationship in Tomo will ever go anywhere

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
Hey, it's a chapter of Tsurezure Children.

http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Tsurezure-Children/Vol-004-Ch-048--It-s-Not-That-I-Don-t-Want-To?id=304093

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

I keep waiting for that kid to reveal his true nature as a gecko and lick his eyeballs.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/kase_san_ch18

Mors Rattus posted:

I keep waiting for that kid to reveal his true nature as a gecko and lick his eyeballs.

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007

It's good.
I hope things get resolved fast next chapter though.

Eye stuff is too gross for me!

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Insurrectionist posted:

Eye stuff is too gross for me!

I'm not clicking that either, I just think Dynasty tags are funny.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
For her, not for us.

VibrantPareidolia
Oct 12, 2012

God, her mom going "Haven't you been resting this whole time?" was like a slap to the face

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

VibrantPareidolia posted:

God, her mom going "Haven't you been resting this whole time?" was like a slap to the face

This manga mirrors my life down to 90% minus self-harm parts.

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

:stare:

Quote about her eating: "Non-fry noodles were especially hard, so they'd be all stained with blood by the end." :gonk:

VibrantPareidolia posted:

Based on everything I know about mental illness in Japan, that's a VERY common reaction. :(

I read this interesting book called Shutting Out The Sun a while back, it's about the people who just shut themselves away from everything (hikko-something) and it provides a little insight into mental illness over there. A lot of the book is just history and stuff, which I normally find very interesting, but the stories about the people the author interviewed were very interesting.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

You're thinking of hikikomori, which usually gets translated as an acute form of social withdrawl, the same thing that causes people to become hermits.

In other news, I recently finished Love So Life, and I was literally squeeing like a little girl despite being a man in his 30s.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
Two new Yona chapters, where the uploader forgot to prefix the chapter names with the volume and so they're all out of order:

Ch. 127: http://bato.to/reader#27392c99945f5b2d
Ch. 128: http://bato.to/reader#0a7fe3601a3aad74

Cliffhangers. :argh:

Catkin
Apr 28, 2006

it is all a dream- a grotesque and foolish dream.
New Mahoutsukai no Yome.

Oh my sweet summer child :allears:

I sense impending cuddles :kiddo:

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Catkin posted:

New Mahoutsukai no Yome.

Elias being too sheltered and alien to have the slightest idea what marriage actually is was one of the best decisions that manga ever made. It torpedoes that uncomfortable power dynamic really nicely.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
the emotionally stunted eldritch monster has the most gap moe :3:

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

Catkin posted:

New Mahoutsukai no Yome.

gently caress

yessssssssss

Triggerhappypilot
Nov 8, 2009

SVMS-01 UNION FLAG GREATEST MOBILE SUIT

ENACT = CHEAP EUROTRASH COPY

On the new kiss him, not me:

:stonk:

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

Triggerhappypilot posted:

On the new kiss him, not me:

:stonk:

:stare:

go save her Senpai!!

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/kase_san_ch19#1

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

Sakurazuka posted:

Ugh, shoo drama, shoo

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

Catkin posted:

New Mahoutsukai no Yome.

I've seen enough hentai to know where this is going...

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Uh, okay.

And if the "literally engulfed in tentacles by an eldritch horror" didn't result in anything unsightly, nothing will. :v:

Das_Ubermike
Sep 2, 2011

www.oldmanmurray.com
So if I were trying to locate or determine the current status of 7 Seeds, would this be the right thread to inquire in? So far as I can tell translations stopped around 150 but it doesn't seem like it's been licensed in America. I kinda need closure here.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

Das_Ubermike posted:

So if I were trying to locate or determine the current status of 7 Seeds, would this be the right thread to inquire in? So far as I can tell translations stopped around 150 but it doesn't seem like it's been licensed in America. I kinda need closure here.

http://rp-fans.livejournal.com/1376.html
Looks like they're still working on it, just slowly. Hard to say for sure since they haven't updated any of their other stuff in a few months either though.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

upon research the most recent chapter was in february 2016 and the translator doesn't seem to have dropped it, they're just being slow. looks like they might not have many people

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
The new chapter of Kaguya Wants to be Confessed To is... kind of disappointing.

THAT WAS A LIE! IT IS ACTUALLY A VERY GOOD CHAPTER!

Linnaeus
Jan 2, 2013

DaveWoo posted:

The new chapter of Kaguya Wants to be Confessed To is... kind of disappointing.

THAT WAS A LIE! IT IS ACTUALLY A VERY GOOD CHAPTER!

lol, I love this manga.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I feel like I shouldn't like Kaguya because it's will they/won't they/just kiss already personified, but it's just so earnest and charming that it never fails to leave me smiling.

Pastrymancy
Feb 20, 2011

11:13: Despite Gio Gonzalez warning, "Never mix your sparkling juices," Bryce Harper opens another bottle of sparkling grape and mixes it with sparkling cider.

1:07: Harper walks to the 7-11 and orders an all-syrup Slurpee.

1:10-3:05: Harper has no recollection of this time. Aliens?
I'm reading it because secretary girl is hilarious

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

Pastrymancy posted:

She's clearly playing dumb while trolling both Kaguya and Shirogane.

Mirage
Oct 27, 2000

All is for the best, in this, the best of all possible worlds
In today's Tomo-Chan, Jun admits he wants to be a woman.

:v:

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
You don't want to be a girl like Tomo-chan???

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
I wanna be Carol so I can be rich

Slim Jim Pickens
Jan 16, 2012

Pastrymancy posted:

Fujiwara is scary.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

Nate RFB posted:

I feel like I shouldn't like Kaguya because it's will they/won't they/just kiss already personified, but it's just so earnest and charming that it never fails to leave me smiling.

I read a handful of chapters and I guess the charm didn't grab me like it did everyone else. I've ended up dropping pretty much all of the gag romcoms that are ongoing right now, even if they were cute and I liked what 4 or 5 chapters I read. Stuff that isn't going to go anywhere and is mostly about comedy and/or is built around some gimmick (like the one where the girl likes the super frugal guy) vs progressing the romance I guess just doesn't hold my attention very long.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

tbf it hasn't done it yet but I think there's blatant comedic potential in applying the same style to a couple actually dating so I could see the author pulling the trigger on it in a reasonable time frame

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Nate RFB posted:

I don't mind because it fundamentally isn't a romance comic; it's a comedy comic (where the whole basis of the comedy is the fact that they won't get together). The will they/won't they think is only annoying if romance is the focus of a series (or the complete opposite, where romance is a random side plot).

Everything Burrito posted:

I read a handful of chapters and I guess the charm didn't grab me like it did everyone else. I've ended up dropping pretty much all of the gag romcoms that are ongoing right now, even if they were cute and I liked what 4 or 5 chapters I read. Stuff that isn't going to go anywhere and is mostly about comedy and/or is built around some gimmick (like the one where the girl likes the super frugal guy) vs progressing the romance I guess just doesn't hold my attention very long.

I think this just means you don't like the comedy genre (and prefer the romance genre, which comics like these aren't, really).

Ytlaya fucked around with this message at 17:57 on Aug 26, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Speaking of dropped romcoms, did Mizutama Honey Boy ever stop the One Gay Panic Joke Per Chapter gimmick?