Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FreddyJackieTurner
May 15, 2008

CommonShore posted:

That poo poo is why I almost always have long sleeve rashguard and long sleeve spats, and a shower with expensive soaps right after I roll, and/or use benzo wipes if I can't get directly to a shower for any reason.

Because that poo poo is in your mats now.

Try to shower between practices if you are doing two a days. And spraying down your wet gi with Lysol and fan drying it is not cleaning it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xguard86
Nov 22, 2004

"You don't understand his pain. Everywhere he goes he sees women working, wearing pants, speaking in gatherings, voting. Surely they will burn in the white hot flames of Hell"
What's the word on training post stitches? I had a benign cyst taken out of my back, between the shoulder blade with four stitches.

The doctor said minimum two weeks of no upper body strenuous exercise but couldn't really say much beyond that.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Xguard86 posted:

What's the word on training post stitches? I had a benign cyst taken out of my back, between the shoulder blade with four stitches.

The doctor said minimum two weeks of no upper body strenuous exercise but couldn't really say much beyond that.

I was back on the mats the day that the stitches came out of my lip, and actually doing light judo drilling before that. One of my instructors was back on the mats, cautiously, a week after having a cyst taken out of his chest. He went a full two weeks without any rolling, however. You can probably be back doing drills as soon as the stitches come out if you have parntners who you trust. My biggest worry about your case is that it's hard to clean and smear polysporin between the shoulder blades.

In related news I broke/dislocated a rib on Saturday with a twisty/stacky type position (I can't remember exactly what happened - I was going for a sweep from bottom half and my much larger partner was responding by stacking me), so that's going to be interfering with my training a bit. The doctor said that there's no lung damage, but without imaging we won't be able to tell how long until I'll be back - bascially once I can do a cobra stretch again I'm ready to start going light.

Xguard86
Nov 22, 2004

"You don't understand his pain. Everywhere he goes he sees women working, wearing pants, speaking in gatherings, voting. Surely they will burn in the white hot flames of Hell"
Cool, they're actually dissolving stitches so I don't need to go back in. But I guess it applies when they eventually dissolve same as if they were removed.

Its already been two weeks and I feel like such a loser sitting around. I tried to do some light exercises. I felt the stitches kinda strain and increasing my blood pressure made the wound throb uncomfortably so I stopped even that. Basically just take longer and longer walks.

CommonShore posted:

My biggest worry about your case is that it's hard to clean and smear polysporin between the shoulder blades.

My wife has been bathing me... like a child gladiator

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Xguard86 posted:

Cool, they're actually dissolving stitches so I don't need to go back in. But I guess it applies when they eventually dissolve same as if they were removed.

Its already been two weeks and I feel like such a loser sitting around. I tried to do some light exercises. I felt the stitches kinda strain and increasing my blood pressure made the wound throb uncomfortably so I stopped even that. Basically just take longer and longer walks.

My wife has been bathing me... like a child gladiator

You could also just sanitize a fingernail clipper and clip/pull the stitches out yourself. Have you ever had dissolving stitches before? They don't so much disappear as they just eventually break. I had some in my mouth and after a week or so I just spit them out.

Xguard86
Nov 22, 2004

CommonShore posted:

You could also just sanitize a fingernail clipper and clip/pull the stitches out yourself. Have you ever had dissolving stitches before? They don't so much disappear as they just eventually break. I had some in my mouth and after a week or so I just spit them out.

I've had a mouth stitch or two but actually never on my skin. I guess I just swallowed them at some point.

I don't mind the stitches but just want to figure out when I can train without ripping a big hole in my back.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

:siren::siren::siren::siren:

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

The baby blue belt! Nice!

02-6611-0142-1
Sep 30, 2004

noice

i have that shirt

Kekekela
Oct 28, 2004

Congrats, go forth and destroy white belts!

Kekekela fucked around with this message at 08:52 on Aug 23, 2016

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Ooossss

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
Yo, they're probably going to tell you this soon now but that's not how you wear it.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Dan Didio posted:

Yo, they're probably going to tell you this soon now but that's not how you wear it.

Excuse me I'm a blue belt now, I know what I'm doing.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

ElMaligno posted:

Excuse me I'm a blue belt now, I know what I'm doing.

I'm pretty sure Conor McGregor still ties his belt better than I do, blue or not.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Congrats!

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Rad

Wangsbig
May 27, 2007

goongratulations!

Wangsbig
May 27, 2007

i just spent way too much money on an origin gi

Odddzy
Oct 10, 2007
Once shot a man in Reno.
In other news, they just announced that Nicky Ryan, Gordon Ryan's brother is going to be doing his superfight against a guy from my school in Toronto. Not sure what the guy from my school expected to gain from that but i'll be watching nonetheless.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
what even is the definition of a superfight anymore

Odddzy
Oct 10, 2007
Once shot a man in Reno.
Not sure either to be honest.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

Marching Powder posted:

what even is the definition of a superfight anymore

"A pre-scheduled match at a tournament that isn't part of the tournament"

ch3cooh
Jun 26, 2006

i think there are one or two other dfw/north Texas grapple goons around and I thought I'd share this with y'all.

2 day seminar at Octagon in Dallas with proceeds to go to the Assist the Officer foundation. Should be a good time.

https://www.facebook.com/events/1765965683691666/?ti=icl

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Right so, a question about replenishing after weigh in. I've got a no gi grappling comp tomorrow at 70kg. I'm 69.4 right now, still to get lunch and dinner. Tomorrow, weigh in is at 10am, my matches will be around 11. What should I take with me to eat after weighing in? I'm thinking bananas, fruit, anything else? Anything to drink aside from water? Normally I compete at 75 and make the weight easily with a breakfast in the morning, so it's never been an issue. Cheers.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

ICHIBAHN posted:

Right so, a question about replenishing after weigh in. I've got a no gi grappling comp tomorrow at 70kg. I'm 69.4 right now, still to get lunch and dinner. Tomorrow, weigh in is at 10am, my matches will be around 11. What should I take with me to eat after weighing in? I'm thinking bananas, fruit, anything else? Anything to drink aside from water? Normally I compete at 75 and make the weight easily with a breakfast in the morning, so it's never been an issue. Cheers.

i'd wake up real early, eat well, weigh yourself and manage your weight vs. your water intake. honestly i wouldn't feel like eating anything the hour before a match but banana / bcaa shake or something small if you feel you should would be fine. sounds like a do what you feel like festival to me.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

ICHIBAHN posted:

Bananas, and whatever simple carbs you tolerate well enough that you can eat an hour before rolling. For most people, rice and Pedialyte will be ideal.

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Thanks

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
Sorry I don't really pay attention to grappling and this definitely isn't worth watching but I love that it happened

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nIA38ONA33A

wedgie deliverer
Oct 2, 2010

For DC area goons - a top tier Japanese Judoka from Tokai University will be at Georgetown University the next 2 weeks. From what I've been told, he beat the 2016 Olympic Bronze Medalist at -100kg in a domestic tournament.

Practice will be from 730-930 Monday, Wednesday and Friday next 2 weeks in case you're interested.

Clanpot Shake
Aug 10, 2006
shake shake!

Is there anywhere good that just sells gi pants? I've been training in thin tkd pants and I think they're wearing out. I haven't been able to find anywhere that just sells pants.

ch3cooh
Jun 26, 2006

Clanpot Shake posted:

Is there anywhere good that just sells gi pants? I've been training in thin tkd pants and I think they're wearing out. I haven't been able to find anywhere that just sells pants.

Jiujitsu pro gear sells them

https://www.jiujitsuprogear.com/category-s/225.htm

Yuns
Aug 19, 2000

There is an idea of a Yuns, some kind of abstraction, but there is no real me, only an entity, something illusory, and though I can hide my cold gaze and you can shake my hand and feel flesh gripping yours and maybe you can even sense our lifestyles are probably comparable: I simply am not there.
Haven't used them but you seriously didn't find http://www.justgipants.com

Clanpot Shake
Aug 10, 2006
shake shake!

OK so I checked like 2 sites I know of and then came here for recommendations. Sue me.

Yuns
Aug 19, 2000

There is an idea of a Yuns, some kind of abstraction, but there is no real me, only an entity, something illusory, and though I can hide my cold gaze and you can shake my hand and feel flesh gripping yours and maybe you can even sense our lifestyles are probably comparable: I simply am not there.
Not really criticizing you but just thought it was hilarious that there is a website whose name is literally the answer to your question.

Also in grappling news, my teammate Gordon Ryan just challenged Dillon Danis, Matheus Diniz and Munchie of the Marcelo Dream Team to back to back to back no time limit sub only matches against him all in the same day for $25,000.

Sprecherscrow
Dec 20, 2009
Other grappling news, AJ Agazarm vs. Minowaman has been announced for Polaris 4.

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

Yuns posted:

Not really criticizing you but just thought it was hilarious that there is a website whose name is literally the answer to your question.

Also in grappling news, my teammate Gordon Ryan just challenged Dillon Danis, Matheus Diniz and Munchie of the Marcelo Dream Team to back to back to back no time limit sub only matches against him all in the same day for $25,000.

I saw a pic of $10k they upped to $25k now? That's awesome.

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

Holy poo poo....This has turned into an epic poo poo talking session

https://www.facebook.com/dillon.danis/posts/10153844131625869?comment_id=10153844220300869&notif_t=comment_mention&notif_id=1472677605764333

Decades
Apr 12, 2007

College Slice

Yuns posted:

God drat. Gordon is just too gangsta to process...

Yuns
Aug 19, 2000

Team Renzo Gracie, Danaher Death Squad, Ocean County BJJ all about that thug life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yuns
Aug 19, 2000

The poo poo talking has gotten more and more epic. Dillon challenged Gordon to an MMA fight which Gordon said he would accept. Garry got challenged. Munch sarcastically challenged every single Renzo black belt in a row for a $100,000 prize. Even though that last challenge was sarcastic I was completely down with that and willing not only to participate but also put up the full $100,000. I won't have to because Travis Stevens replied that he is down to do it for free. To quote Travis "gently caress him I'll do it for free"