Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Does anyone know what The Little Mermaid has to do with the castle? The manual has the movie listed next to a picture of the kitchen and the pumpkin coach from Cinderella. Then Cinderella is on a different page next to the princes aide holding the glass slipper.

I can't figure out where Little Mermaid ties in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VaultAggie
Nov 18, 2010

Best out of 71?
Maybe the kitchen where Sebastian was about to be chopped up?

Ika
Dec 30, 2004
Pure insanity

So if anyone else (besides hopper) lives in Germany, I just was in Karstadt and they had a 20% off all LEGO sale going on. They also had apparently put away most of the new technic sets (Or somebody cleaned them out, and they replaced the price stickers on the shelves, and filled the holes with cheap sets .... ) but I did get the back hoe for 64 euros.

Aaronicon
Oct 2, 2010

A BLOO BLOO ANYONE I DISAGREE WITH IS A "BAD PERSON" WHO DESERVES TO DIE PLEEEASE DONT FALL ALL OVER YOURSELF WHITEWASHING THEM A BLOO BLOO
Have any ausgoons seen the new minifig series in the wild yet? They're normally out around this time of year but I ain't seen poo poo yet.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Aaronicon posted:

Have any ausgoons seen the new minifig series in the wild yet? They're normally out around this time of year but I ain't seen poo poo yet.

Yeah, some of us have had the whole set for a month at least. Lego stores were selling them weeks ago.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
I haven't seen them anywhere in the UK yet either, and we usually get them pretty quickly.

jeff8472
Dec 28, 2000

He died from watch-in-ass disease
I should be receiving my chinese super star destroyer today. Anything i should get pictures of? Any specific things to check?

Ordered 8/25, receiving email confirming shipment 8/29

Dhl tracking number didnt work all week. Got a new tracking # on 9/03 that did work and will receive today.

jeff8472 fucked around with this message at 17:40 on Sep 6, 2016

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2

The_Doctor posted:

I haven't seen them anywhere in the UK yet either, and we usually get them pretty quickly.

Waterstones

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Wut :confused:

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

jeff8472 posted:

I should be receiving my chinese super star destroyer today. Anything i should get pictures of? Any specific things to check?

Ordered 8/25, receiving email confirming shipment 8/29

Dhl tracking number didnt work all week. Got a new tracking # on 9/03 that did work and will receive today.

I'd say use the Lego instructions and catalog any differences as you go.

I intend on doing that with the ones I ordered so I can get the right piece(s) and guide others who follow this counterfeit path.

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2

That's where you can get them in the UK already.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I found a shop near me, in the bay area, that had Disney and s15 still in Stock. weird.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).
Holy poo poo the new Death Star is expensive. Its at 4999 NOK, where the Disney Castle was 3499. Im guessing that means $500 and $350 respectively

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.
Which minifig series is the current one? Bought a random one for a friend and she pulled the penguin with the camera operator/researcher, is that current?

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Fatkraken posted:

Which minifig series is the current one? Bought a random one for a friend and she pulled the penguin with the camera operator/researcher, is that current?

Yellow bag. s16. Yeah that's the one.

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.
WH Smiths has them in the UK. I guess maybe the supermarkets work through old stock first as they're more likely to just be impulse purchases by people who don't really care what they get

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I'm yet to see a single series 16 minifigure including at the Lego store.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Every TRU I've been in has had 3ish cases at Customer Service

Cockblocktopus
Apr 18, 2009

Since the beginning of time, man has yearned to destroy the sun.

If anyone wants a Devil Kid or a Goth Boy, I'm looking for Sword Guy, the Hiker, the Boxer, and Penguin Kid (2, 6, 8, and 10).

I have 5 of each (Devil and Goth) so don't be shy!

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

FadingChord posted:

If anyone wants a Devil Kid or a Goth Boy, I'm looking for Sword Guy, the Hiker, the Boxer, and Penguin Kid (2, 6, 8, and 10).

I want neither of those but have an extra Arabian knight if that's what you mean? (Scimitar/turban).

Have any from older series??

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
how did you end up with so many duplicates?

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

A bunch of people have like 4 copies of the same minifigures and everyone told me I hated fun when I suggested it would be better if you could see through the bags and buy the one you actually want :v:

TheMadMilkman
Dec 10, 2007

FadingChord posted:

I need a devil kid. I have both the hiker and penguin. I'll ask my kids which one I should trade and PM you in the morning.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

NESguerilla posted:

A bunch of people have like 4 copies of the same minifigures and everyone told me I hated fun when I suggested it would be better if you could see through the bags and buy the one you actually want :v:

You can see through the bags with your fingers, though.

Anyway, I got the Lepin Market Street set. It's a pretty stupid build and I can see why it isn't popular. (But it was cheap.)

There were a few problems that I will have to correct:

1 - On floor 2 and 3 there is a tube used as a balcony bannister. The 4 tubes provided are too thin to work.
2 - Some of the doors on the main building are different models. I need to check pictures to see how big a difference this is.
3 - The white flowers on the plant in front won't stay on.
4 - The two sets of stairs are broken into two pieces rather than 1 long one.

Other than that, it seems to be a pretty good match. I used the original instructions to build and cross referenced back and forth for differences.

Also, the 1x1 tiles all seem to be a tiny bit smaller than normal. As such, they don't align properly unless you do it yourself.

The pieces, in general, seem a little bit lighter and also have sharper points/edges. The minifigs seem a bit cheaper, too.

Lawen
Aug 7, 2000

My Lepin Green Grocer showed up yesterday. I haven't had time to do anything other than a cursory inspection but it seems pretty decent. As others have mentioned, the lack of a LEGO logo on top of the studs, lots of injection mold divots on studs, and subpar minifigs seem to be the main differences but plastic quality and colors seem pretty spot on. I'm kicking around the idea of using real Legos on the bits with exposed studs but need to spend some time figuring out how many and which pieces that would require. I'll post a trip report after I actually build it.

jeff8472
Dec 28, 2000

He died from watch-in-ass disease
DHL is the worst shipping company. Parcel was 300km away and departed Monday afternoon, usually i get those the next day. No tracking since it left and now it says "estimated delivery date is currently unavailable."

Voodoo
Jun 3, 2003

m2sbr what
I also ordered a Lepin Green Grocer. Ordered placed on 8/30 and it just arrived today. Assuming we're all ordering from a few different storefronts, I wonder if there are any differences in pieces/quality/etc.

tactical_grace
Oct 18, 2004

General Contact Unit
(Escarpment Class)

NESguerilla posted:

I'm yet to see a single series 16 minifigure including at the Lego store.

Brighton Lego store had them last weekend.

Cockblocktopus
Apr 18, 2009

Since the beginning of time, man has yearned to destroy the sun.

Feenix posted:

I want neither of those but have an extra Arabian knight if that's what you mean? (Scimitar/turban).

Have any from older series??

I've got a lot of dupes from earlier series, going back to (I think) a series before Mr. Gold but not including Simpsons or Lego Movie ones. What are you looking for? (I don't think I have any multiples of the last non-Disney set.)

I also have multiples of the pirate, dog show guy, and space marine lady; just not five of them.

Waltzing Along posted:

how did you end up with so many duplicates?

I grabbed a bunch of a decently picked-over Target shelf when I first saw the series, then grabbed a bunch more a week or two later straight from the box at Five Below. I don't do a lot of feeling up because I never know what to look for and I kind of like the uncertainty of the blind bag.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

FadingChord posted:

I've got a lot of dupes from earlier series, going back to (I think) a series before Mr. Gold but not including Simpsons or Lego Movie ones. What are you looking for? (I don't think I have any multiples of the last non-Disney set.)

I also have multiples of the pirate, dog show guy, and space marine lady; just not five of them.

I grabbed a bunch of a decently picked-over Target shelf when I first saw the series, then grabbed a bunch more a week or two later straight from the box at Five Below. I don't do a lot of feeling up because I never know what to look for and I kind of like the uncertainty of the blind bag.

Ah, well Hiker and Penguin kid are easy to feel. There are two sword guys and neither is all that hard. The boxer I didn't figure out.

Hiker and 1 sword guy: feel for the little square that is their map. Once you find that, the hiker has another tiny square that is the compass. Other guy has a sword.
Penguin has a big head cover piece to start then feel the arms, they are the only ones that are tapered. Or just start w/ the arms.
The other sword guy is a little trickier, but look for the sword.

It takes a little while, but I find it very satisfying to find what I am looking for.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

FadingChord posted:

I started on S13 I think? The series with the unicorn girl? (Ps: I don't have and really want Unicorn Girl) so if you don't have Unicorn Girl almost any from previous series would be considered.... But I'd need to know which you were down to trade with so I could google them. I only started paying attention in the aforementioned series.

Apollodorus
Feb 13, 2010

TEST YOUR MIGHT
:patriot:
If groping bags to avoid getting too many of the same minifig is what passes for fun then put me down as a member of the anti-fun crowd, sheesh.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Waltzing Along posted:

You can see through the bags with your fingers, though.

Eh, sort of. I'm personally cheap and thorough enough that I've never got a double but I've ended up with plenty I didn't want from mistaking them for one I wanted.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Apollodorus posted:

If groping bags to avoid getting too many of the same minifig is what passes for fun then put me down as a member of the anti-fun crowd, sheesh.

It's a strange sort of fun. But I find it very satisfying to find what I am looking for with 100% certainty. I've heard the Lego stores just label all the packs to make it easy on the customers.

For the others with the Lepin Green Grocer, are your bottom plates slightly bent?

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Waltzing Along posted:

It's a strange sort of fun. But I find it very satisfying to find what I am looking for with 100% certainty. I've heard the Lego stores just label all the packs to make it easy on the customers.

For the others with the Lepin Green Grocer, are your bottom plates slightly bent?

The Lego stores I have been to have done no such thing...

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Feenix posted:

The Lego stores I have been to have done no such thing...

Ah. I was told that the Dublin, CA location does it. I don't know about San Francisco. But SF just opened a week ago so I kinda doubt they've had a chance.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
In my local store the emoyees really enjoy helping you pick :)

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

The Lego store in Manchester, UK, used to label up packets but they were told it was too pro-consumer and it was stopped. The new manager is such a stickler for rules and will run around stopping customers from feeling up packs if the store is busy. Place has went downhill a load.

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

Waltzing Along posted:

Mine was a little, but as I started putting more stuff on it it started to flatten out. Sits flat now. Note though, it's bigger than the real modular plates so if you put a real Lego modular and a Lepin modular next to each other you won't be able to use the technic pins to connect them together.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Not Wolverine
Jul 1, 2007
I remember Jangbricks talking about cutting baseplates and the process was not difficult. I think he used just an exacto knife, I would bet you could probably cut the Lepin baseplates with a butter knife.