Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

The prisoner arc was so good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Dorian ruled & I liked the part where whats his name ate a gun.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
the teacups are a lovely ride i want to go to a theme park where they're good

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Been reading the original Grappler Baki manga. Its pretty good don't know how Yujiro survived a war without using any weapons except his bare hands. All the characters are badass but Yujiro is on another level.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Ulio posted:

Been reading the original Grappler Baki manga. Its pretty good don't know how Yujiro survived a war without using any weapons except his bare hands. All the characters are badass but Yujiro is on another level.

The better question is how anyone else survived that war.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Ulio posted:

He's a man who's known to be as strong or stronger than the entire United States Army plus the Marine Corps and every division and weapon short of a tactical nuke.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
reminder that the United States as a nation has signed a non aggression pact with Hanma Yuujirou

JDRockefeller
Apr 26, 2010
Isn't it a full on alliance and not just non-aggression pact? Cause I thought that is what kept other people or governments from other countries from going after him, cause even if they sniped him, bombed him, etc it would just mean the US would then have to act.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Reminder that Biscuit Olivia's muscles are so dense and tightly wound that if he stopped flexing for even a second he would explode Tetsuo-style into a massive pile of meat.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

And he's not even one of the top 5 strongest in the Baki lineup!

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Pewdiepie posted:

And he's not even one of the top 5 strongest in the Baki lineup!

I think he's fifth? I guess it goes Oliva -> Pickle -> Either Musashi/Baki for second and third -> Yuujiro

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

I think he's fifth? I guess it goes Oliva -> Pickle -> Either Musashi/Baki for second and third -> Yuujiro

You forgot Motobe.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Pewdiepie posted:

You forgot Motobe.

Oh hell no. I'm still counting on Itagaki loving with us with all the Motobe stuff and him just winning because of elemental Ninja vs Samurai superiority or getting creamed after all that talk.

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

kaku would beat oliva I think

also jack at this point might beat him. he is like 9 feet tall now

Ringo Roadagain fucked around with this message at 07:58 on Sep 19, 2016

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

i want to see all the old men itm fight each other since most of them don't have huge beautiful muscles

Jedah
Sep 1, 2001

YOU CAN NOT BUST THE KRUST

Pewdiepie posted:

You forgot Motobe.

Grappler Baki's Motobe:

Back in the day, E. Honda reigned supreme. All was good in the land of Baki.

Baki Dou's Motobe:

But today, not even E. Honda could stop this fightman and his ancient ninja moves.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

motobe sucks

JDRockefeller
Apr 26, 2010
I've only read bits and pieces of original Grappler Baki, but read everything from New Grappler and up. The only fight I've seen Motobe in was when he was going against the poison vacuum hand guy, who did beat both Baki and Goki if I remember. Motobe pretty thoroughly ruined him, and only stopped when Yujiro came and just snapped his sword with his bare hands.

Does Motobe get some massive humbling moment or something in Grappler Baki that would maybe spurn him to just completely revamping his game, assuming that E. Honda picture above wasn't it?

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
That scene took place on Motobe's 50th birthday

Jedah
Sep 1, 2001

JDRockefeller posted:

I've only read bits and pieces of original Grappler Baki, but read everything from New Grappler and up. The only fight I've seen Motobe in was when he was going against the poison vacuum hand guy, who did beat both Baki and Goki if I remember. Motobe pretty thoroughly ruined him, and only stopped when Yujiro came and just snapped his sword with his bare hands.
Nice, I always recommend reading New Grappler Baki. That's the best stuff. You're right that Motobe ruined Yanagi, the poison hand guy. In retrospect, that scene proved Motobe is a capable fighter while he's equipped with weapons. I think the general consensus is that we may not like Motobe, but we acknowledge that he's "strong," in his own way. But without weapons? Maybe not. As mentioned above, E. Honda certainly didn't think so.

I always interpreted the scene with Yanagi, Motobe, and Yujiro as depicting the natural order of things within the Baki-verse. You've got two fighters who were well-suited for each other, and they're approaching the conclusion of their fight. Then, suddenly, seemingly from out of nowhere, Yujiro appears and cockblocks Motobe, and ruins his moment of being cool. Instead, Yujiro humiliates Motobe by snapping his katana with his thumb, which was a ridiculous display of power. In that moment, Motobe and Yanagi both silently "accepted defeat" from Yujiro, and it was glorious.

I'm not sure why Yujiro didn't snap Musashi's katana, but that's a different discussion.

Jedah fucked around with this message at 16:04 on Sep 20, 2016

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
You can't snap a mind katana dude.

Jedah
Sep 1, 2001

Work Friend Keven posted:

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

Musashi is strong therefore his sword is also strong

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Work Friend Keven posted:

yujiroh could

Jedah
Sep 1, 2001

A new Grappler Baki anime was just announced!

Here's the trailer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jZjGe-a0vDQ

Jedah fucked around with this message at 13:07 on Sep 21, 2016

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

:pray: Please be prisoner synchronicity arc.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

i can't work out what that site is trying to say is this a series or a film because :prepop: if its a film but :trumppop: if its a series

or :captainpop: if it features baki fighting any of the old men

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

It's just an anime dvd bundled with the limited edition of Bakidou v14

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

:negative:

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

*pats u on the back consolingly*

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

in vaguely related news it seems tough is close to its end. I want the guy to go back to his crazy hyperviolent scifi series after its done and for someone to translate the rest of the first series

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Is there a reason Baki Dou on SpinyBack jumps from chapter 103 to 117? Is there a place I can read the rest?

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

frajaq posted:

Is there a reason Baki Dou on SpinyBack jumps from chapter 103 to 117? Is there a place I can read the rest?

The island nation of Japan.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

And as for the reason - I'll go out on a limb here and say its because scanlators are absolute fucktards.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

I was waiting to read the later chapters until the scanlators caught up on the chapters in between but its been so long that I lost my patience and read the newest chapters. They're pretty good!

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Also the original Grappler Baki is not completely scanlated which sucks. I think its the same scan team who does Baki Dou but they only do it once in a while.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

Grappler Baki only really gets good at the final tournament, imo.

Thoren
May 28, 2008

Apparently it's just an OVA.

But after so many years I'm happy with anything.

Jedah
Sep 1, 2001

frajaq posted:

You've been reading the Spinyback translations up until 103, and the newer chapters were most likely done by the Wild Fang Project (or somebody else?). I don't know, I'm not affiliated with either group. Musashi refers to Pickle as a "Palace of Muscle," which was a very specific phrase also used in the Wild Fang translations. That would also explain the noticeable difference in quality. I know Spinyback is in desperate need of a redrawer for their team, so maybe they just put up the latest chapters in the mean time.

But to answer your question, the only translations I've found between 103 and 117 were on 4chan. They're just rough translations, but if you search the 4chan archive for "Baki Dou 105" the translation thread will show up. I believe the 4chan translations were done by a member of the Spinyback team, too. Hope this helps.

Jedah fucked around with this message at 14:58 on Sep 23, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jedah
Sep 1, 2001

Baki Dou 127 is out!

Jedah fucked around with this message at 00:23 on Sep 27, 2016