Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Is John Wick 2 titled Bulletproof? Or is it John Wick 2, and that's the tagline?

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

teagone posted:

Is John Wick 2 titled Bulletproof? Or is it John Wick 2, and that's the tagline?

It's actually John Wick: Chapter 2 ... Bulletproof is just the tag for the poster... I guess. Who cares it's John Wick 2!

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Holy cow, now that's a poster that stands out. I love it

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I'm gonna like this new trend of bloody red rated R February movies.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

BonoMan posted:

Who cares it's John Wick 2!

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

All I can think about how much maintenance those Megazords require and where the budget for it comes from.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Go Go makes me think of something else.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

oldpainless posted:

All I can think about how much maintenance those Megazords require and where the budget for it comes from.

In the original series, they were pretty much just loving magic.

In the Japanese series, they were sentient! And gods!

OptimusShr
Mar 1, 2008
:dukedog:

teagone posted:

Zords posters

The Blue and Black posters are the only ones that look anything at all like the Zords. The rest look like random metal.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

flashy_mcflash posted:

So hyped for this. The first one is amazing if you can find it.

Saw the first one on the big screen with an appreciative crowd. Fantastic.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Oh my god the blue ranger pose.

Zachack
Jun 1, 2000

MikeJF posted:

Oh my god the blue ranger pose.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DcotYF3aNVM

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

In a roundabout way, this thread taught me that my best friend had not seen John Wick.
Now we're are going to have a pizza party on Friday and watch it!

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

OptimusShr posted:

The Blue and Black posters are the only ones that look anything at all like the Zords. The rest look like random metal.

It also is kind of weird that there is no focus on the Zords when that is what people actually care about.

VoidBurger
Jul 18, 2008

A leap into the void.
The burger in space.
Why oh why did they make the Driver's Ed tagline about the yellow ranger, of all rangers?

(not saying it was done on purpose but c'mon)

VoidBurger fucked around with this message at 05:51 on Sep 22, 2016

Sir Kodiak
May 14, 2007

oldpainless posted:

The cost of these giant robots is not spending money alone. It is spending the sweat of our laborers, the genius of our scientists, the hopes of our children. The cost of one Zord is this: a modern brick school in more than 30 cities. It is two electric power plants, each serving a town of 60,000 population. It is two fine, fully equipped hospitals. It is some fifty miles of concrete pavement. Every ranger that is morphed, every Megazord launched, every power blaster fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed.

KinkyJohn
Sep 19, 2002

Not to be confused with the movie BassTards which is about a group of mentally disableds entering the world of competitive auto sound.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yiSm8nvIlWU

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Sir Kodiak posted:

The cost of these giant robots is not spending money alone. It is spending the sweat of our laborers, the genius of our scientists, the hopes of our children. The cost of one Zord is this: a modern brick school in more than 30 cities. It is two electric power plants, each serving a town of 60,000 population. It is two fine, fully equipped hospitals. It is some fifty miles of concrete pavement. Every ranger that is morphed, every Megazord launched, every power blaster fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed.

I'm p sure an unchecked space monster would make short work of at least two hospitals.

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

ruddiger posted:

Go Go makes me think of something else.

The posters for this new go-go dancer drama are really inappropriate.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

He's just standing there and it already looks badass.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 9 hours!

I hadn't heard anything about this until now, but the director has done some of the best episodes in the more recent seasons of It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Jillian Bell is everywhere and it freaks me out.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

kiimo posted:

I'm okay with that. She's funny and kinda cute.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

kiimo posted:

It's nice to know she's found success after Cabbage Patch Kids stopped airing.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Sorry, it freaks me out because I've known her for years not because I dislike her. She's delightful.

Also the cabbage patch thing is wildly accurate.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zKjvz26FVZs

Rats are pretty cool critters and I am fairly comfortable guessing that whatever Discovery puts out won't be nearly as interesting as this short doc about lab rats being released in the wild.

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010

Ohh lorem ipsum is in this one??

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro

Man comics sure to love the "woman with two batons" character, don't they.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

She used to use a staff.

Violator
May 15, 2003

Syncopated posted:

That is weird.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Rough Lobster posted:

Yes. They don't want those fragile ladies to hurt themselves on anything sharp.
I mean, Daredevil uses a baton because he's blind but if he was a man at full CAPACITY, he would use an M1 Abrams tank with a full compliment of ballistics.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Rough Lobster posted:

Daredevil, Nightwing, Kickass. They're just a popular weapon choice.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Heroes have to use a blunt weapon so they can beat the absolute poo poo out of someone without having them sliced to pieces.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Aphrodite posted:

Heroes have to use a blunt weapon so they can beat the absolute poo poo out of someone without having them sliced to pieces.

Plus batons are especially good for superheroes because they can be hidden in a civilian outfit.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Syncopated posted:

That's how you know it's leaked or fake. They always use the latin gobbledygook before putting in an actual billing block.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

I'm pretty excited to see Fassbender and Gleeson in the same picture but that poster says nothing and "Trespass Against Us" also means nothing and sounds vaguely ungrammatical

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:

Vegetable posted:

I'm pretty excited to see Fassbender and Gleeson in the same picture but that poster says nothing and "Trespass Against Us" also means nothing and sounds vaguely ungrammatical

As an agnostic foreigner I recognize it as part of the Lord's Prayer, so there's a good chance most people who would be interested in this kind of film would as well.

"And forgive us our trespasses,
as we forgive them that trespass against us."

Dissapointed Owl fucked around with this message at 18:19 on Sep 23, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

I'm fully godless, the Lord and all cultural references to him can sod off