Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Dogen posted:

http://brickset.com/article/23648/the-lego-group-takes-action-against-clone-brand-lepin

Get those lepin sets while you can! Although I don't have any idea about the efficacy or efficiency of the Chinese courts.

Nothing will happen. There's a top gear video about straight up name-filed-off copies of BMW's being considered original products when BMW tried to sue in Chinese cort, they always sid e with Chinese companies

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:
The only thing I could possibly think of them getting anything for is using TLG's pictures on the packaging, but even then China Don't Care. If Disney can't successfully go after them for the Star Wars stuff, I doubt that Lego has a a chance.

A Bad Poster fucked around with this message at 09:57 on Sep 23, 2016

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Hmm. My sister doesn't know what to get me for Xmas. Do I save her $25 by telling her buy a specific copyright infringing knockoff, or do I just hint that I want a certain Lego thing, hope she remembers, but also accept that she'll pay more.

Spookydonut
Sep 13, 2010

"Hello alien thoughtbeasts! We murder children!"
~our children?~
"Not recently, no!"
~we cool bro~
I brought over all my lego from my dad's house and starting sorting it.
I'm like 75% done after like 2 weeks, decided to take a break by entering in all the sets I have data on (have the instructions, remember owning, etc).

I have nearly 37k lego bricks. :wtc:

mitochondritom
Oct 3, 2010

Spookydonut posted:

I brought over all my lego from my dad's house and starting sorting it.
I'm like 75% done after like 2 weeks, decided to take a break by entering in all the sets I have data on (have the instructions, remember owning, etc).

I have nearly 37k lego bricks. :wtc:

I am trying to buy a house to finally get out of rental accommodation and this is my dream right now. All of my Lego at my mum and dads, moved to be where it belongs. I know sorting it will be horrendous though.

Spookydonut
Sep 13, 2010

~our children?~
"Not recently, no!"
~we cool bro~

mitochondritom posted:

I am trying to buy a house to finally get out of rental accommodation and this is my dream right now. All of my Lego at my mum and dads, moved to be where it belongs. I know sorting it will be horrendous though.

My girlfriend is not thrilled.

GlenMR
Dec 11, 2005

What is this emotion called "criminal negligence"?
Sometimes the ones you love come around. My partner drive all over town with me yesterday looking for this bad boy.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

GlenMR posted:

Sometimes the ones you love come around. My partner drive all over town with me yesterday looking for this bad boy.

one of my lamp posts went missing :(

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

GlenMR posted:

Need to extend that blue and put in a ferry!

GlenMR
Dec 11, 2005

Yeah I've been thinking that. It's a great model, heavy as gently caress!

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
If Lepin get out the Haunted House soonish, I might have to fold.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
One thing about the Lepin stuff: it is worth it to invest a few more $$$ into certain items.

For instance, the clocks in the green grocer are off center. Lego clocks fit perfectly.
The base plates are actual plates as opposed to the normal thin plates used in the Lego modulars. If you want to connect them, you will need to get Lego ones.
The flowers do not stay on stems. Another cheap upgrade.
Anything glass will be a tad bit foggy. If it matters, might as well upgrade. (for the haunted house, this seems like a benefit, though)
Windows that open tend to be really loose.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
rad, the only thing I'd really want is the SSD and none of that stuff applies

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

The_Doctor posted:

If Lepin get out the Haunted House soonish, I might have to fold.

They have. Search Lepin haunted house. I'm considering getting it to turn into a modular, I can't bring myself to take apart my real one. They also do an Emerald Night for any train fans not wanting to pay through the nose, also considering getting instead of piecing out a few more carriages.

Lizard Combatant fucked around with this message at 18:46 on Sep 23, 2016

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I thought these were in pre order status.

I am waiting for a review on the Haunted House just to see what is different. ie: figures.

This is from reddit but I would totally do this:

http://imgur.com/a/bPKvm

Pyroclastic
Jan 4, 2010

Got a couple more Dimensions reveals:
http://www.brothers-brick.com/2016/09/19/lego-batman-movie-knight-rider-dimensions-packs-revealed-news/

The second Story Pack (first being the Ghostbusters out next week) for the Lego Batman movie, Knight Batman with a robohorse Fun Pack, and a Knight Rider Fun Pack with K.I.T.T. and the H.O.F.F.
Also about half of the previously announced things like the Adventure Time Team Pack will also be out next week. November 18th for the other half. February 10th for these latest announcements.

Spookydonut
Sep 13, 2010

~our children?~
"Not recently, no!"
~we cool bro~
I feel like Lepin would be more widely accepted by LEGO fans if they focused more on out of production LEGO sets.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Or parts!

Make more train tracks and monorail tracks ok

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Lizard Combatant posted:

Need to extend that blue and put in a ferry!

For extra realism the ferry needs to be rammed into a pier.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
just heard series 9 is the last of the Mixels, that's seriously depressing.

GlenMR
Dec 11, 2005

SynthOrange posted:

For extra realism the ferry needs to be rammed into a pier.

Is the joint still sinking? I'll have to invest in a bunch of blue plates over the years.

Spookydonut
Sep 13, 2010

~our children?~
"Not recently, no!"
~we cool bro~

Captain Invictus posted:

Or parts!

Make more train tracks and monorail tracks ok

Yeah more cheap 9v train tracks, I'd love to have one of those monorail sets too.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
I'm pretty sure there are Chinese knockoff lego train tracks.

e: yeah search for ausini or enlighten train track on ebay or aliexpress.

I would blow Dane Cook fucked around with this message at 13:14 on Sep 24, 2016

Spookydonut
Sep 13, 2010

~our children?~
"Not recently, no!"
~we cool bro~

Jumpingmanjim posted:

I'm pretty sure there are Chinese knockoff lego train tracks.

e: yeah search for ausini or enlighten train track on ebay or aliexpress.

Those are the newer plastic topped rails, I was talking old school metal topped rails.

In other news all the rubber coated wires from my mind storms have perished whereas the plastic coated ones are fine. Also only some of the rubber belts have perished, some are perfectly fine.

Any tips on replacing the wires? I'm struggling to describe to google what kind of wire I want in terms of gauge and the thickness of the coating

oneof27
May 27, 2007
DSMtalker
Knockoff Emerald Night?!?!?!?
Hello, Hogwarts Express project. Look who's back on.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Anora posted:

just heard series 9 is the last of the Mixels, that's seriously depressing.

Aside from being neat, they are the best cheap source for little detail pieces and unique parts so it's really a shame. I like making small MOC's and always find myself short a few parts I want that can usually be solved with picking up a mixel or two.

I kind of love/hate them though because I really like them, but I buy them knowing I will part them out two minutes after building them.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Is anyone else here colorblind? Sucks to have to ask my gf to separate brown and red brown for me.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I follow Giant Bomb and their two main dudes, Jeff and Vinny, are both red/green colorblind, so it's opened me up to how much it kinda sucks to have specific colorblindness.

I literally cannot imagine not being able to see red or green. I am looking at a pizza box that is ENTIRELY red and green right now. And looking at a big Devastator Transformer that is basically a big green and purple hunk of plastic. I hear there's prototype technology for adapting to be able to see red/green for color blind folks, but it's not "there" yet.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I can see most color just fine. this is the first time I've had a real problem with lego. well, sometimes the instruction colors are confusing. but these brown and red brown bricks in the same bag. they look the same unless I really work to differentiate them.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
rebrickable has to two greys, light-grey and light grey/blue or something like that and I sure as poo poo can't tell the difference.

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
Old grey looks quite green, compared to the new stuff. It's more obvious in the dark grey.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I like the old dark gray a lot. it's got that earthy tinge to the color. New dark gray is very stark.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
The old grays vary a lot with age and wear (which is why they were replaced.) The newer grays are pretty close to pristine pieces in the old gray, but most older gray pieces are going to have yellowed a lot.

Mr. Yuk
Apr 1, 2005

In case of accidental ingestion, please consult a mortician.
I bought my first modular (Detective's Office), and after building 2 floors of the thing, I know it's not going to be my last. I knew the architectural details would be great, but I wasn't prepared for all the little features that sort of tell a story as you're building it. I laughed pretty hard when I saw the wanted poster of the guy wearing the same kind of hat you put into the garbage can on the bottom floor.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

:lol: I can't bring myself to buy a modular because I know I would want them all.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
Everyone should buy a modular next month - 2x VIP points and the set for spending 99+ bucks at the lego store is an advent calendar.

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

Ignorance, the root of all evil

Waltzing Along posted:

Is anyone else here colorblind? Sucks to have to ask my gf to separate brown and red brown for me.

Yep, this exactly. My wife now knows to just come and sort the brown and red-brown every Christmas when I bring out the winter village sets.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Feeling pretty satisfied. :)

tomapot
Apr 7, 2005
Suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.
Oven Wrangler

Gabriel Pope posted:

The old grays vary a lot with age and wear (which is why they were replaced.) The newer grays are pretty close to pristine pieces in the old gray, but most older gray pieces are going to have yellowed a lot.

I buy bulk used lots and I had to get one of those natural light bulbs because the old grays, new grays and just discolored worn out old greys were driving me crazy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheMadMilkman
Dec 10, 2007

Cloks posted:

Everyone should buy a modular next month - 2x VIP points and the set for spending 99+ bucks at the lego store is an advent calendar.

The holiday train is supposed to be back in stock on October 1 as well. I'll be getting the power bricks for it as well.

My wife has insisted we also get the holiday toy shop for it to go around. I didn't say no.