Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

Another school shooting has happened in the country and this time it's in Townville, SC. Here's a link to the developing story on CNN:

http://www.cnn.com/2016/09/28/us/south-carolina-elementary-school-shooting/index.html

I grew up 15 minutes from this school and played rec baseball there when I was a kid. I can't believe something like this is happening so close to home. Sadly this is going to play out exactly like other shootings with nothing getting done to curtail gun violence.

I'm just shocked that this is even happening here...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerry Mumphrey
Mar 11, 2004

by zen death robot

(and can't post for 4 years!)

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

no one even died. this is like 15 minutes worth of shootings in chicago

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

musta been a real bad shot

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Vargatron posted:

Another school shooting has happened in the country and this time it's in Townville, SC. Here's a link to the developing story on CNN:

http://www.cnn.com/2016/09/28/us/south-carolina-elementary-school-shooting/index.html

I grew up 15 minutes from this school and played rec baseball there when I was a kid. I can't believe something like this is happening so close to home. Sadly this is going to play out exactly like other shootings with nothing getting done to curtail gun violence.

I'm just shocked that this is even happening here...

if nobody dies does it even count as a school shooting? and how do you shoot a kid and not have him die was the guy using a pellet gun? all in all i rate this shooting 1/5

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

No, not Townville! I hope Citybborough and Hamletburg are okay. :ohdear:

take my life... please!
May 31, 2006

We make everything you need and you need everything we make.
no amount of rec baseballs can help in times like these

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
maybe if the school buildings were armed this wouldn't happen

Carmant
Nov 23, 2015

Treadmill? What's that? Is that some kind of cake?

School shooting in SC leaves two children injured, one teacher injured

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax
where were the powerpuff girls

roymorrison
Jul 26, 2005
so it was the campus cop right?

jenny jones fan
Dec 24, 2007
How did that ban on guns in the school work out for them? :smug:

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013

do u know jenny posted:

How did that ban on guns in the school work out for them? :smug:

Hey, look. If we didn't have gun laws then who knows how many children could have been hurt by the backblast of the teachers rocket launchers as they tried to down the offender's mechanized battlesuit?

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
yo why didn't the powerpuff girls get on this?

where the h*ck are they

SirEvelynTremble
Dec 25, 2013

FUCK YOU HITLER
STALINGRAD
ROFLMFAO
they really should take Stephen King's Rage off the curriculums

Rage pdf

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
has Obama gone on TV and cried about this yet

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

SirEvelynTremble posted:

they really should take Stephen King's Rage off the curriculums

nice a copyrighted book

Rage gets a bad rep but it's really nothing like modern spree killings. He wasn't just trying to kill as many people as he could indiscriminately

and he was justified because that was the only way he could air out his grievances and pwn the jocks and femalewhores in his class

wynter necr0
Sep 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
they weren't fed enough onion rings as a kid and didn't get taught diet responsibilities

lol but
Feb 24, 2007

body is a dinosaur
Slippery Tilde
get a new act america this is boring now

FAGGY CLAUSE
Apr 9, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
It's a lot harder to hit children than fully grown adults. I have a lot of respect for gunman that choose kids over adults due to the higher difficulty.

Linnear
Nov 3, 2010
You know I thought the NRA was a bit nuts for saying the solution to gun violence is more guns. But maybe it's just realistic with the diehard second amendment culture. It's not like a gangster or redneck won't find a way to get a gun if they want one. Maybe everyday should just be a shootout between bad guys and not as bad guys.

Don't know what this'll do for the tourism industry though.

skeevy achievements
Feb 25, 2008

by merry exmarx

FAGGY CLAUSE posted:

It's a lot harder to hit children than fully grown adults. I have a lot of respect for gunman that choose kids over adults due to the higher difficulty.

one one hand they're smaller, but on the other hand you don't have to lead em as much

apparently the gunman was a teen who killed his dad then shot up an elementary school? that's a new twist imo, "generation next takes revenge on society before society has a chance to mock his generation"

wynter necr0
Sep 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Internaut! posted:

one one hand they're smaller, but on the other hand you don't have to lead em as much

apparently the gunman was a teen who killed his dad then shot up an elementary school? that's a new twist imo, "generation next takes revenge on society before society has a chance to mock his generation"

The preemptive revenge strategy. I can only imagine what those NYC meta-meme-hackers will manage to do with their preemptive social rootkits next. A worse danger than gun violence and murder IMO.

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

Serious post guys. I grew up knowing the shooter's father and family. It's a really terrible situation, borne from mental abuse and a father who had an impossible standard for his son. There wasn't any ideological or racial component to the shooting, just a kid lashing out for help.

I'm in shock at trying to digest the poo poo that happened, especially the fact that I personally saw the family situation that precipitated the events from childhood on to adulthood.

I know this is an internet comedy forum, and you're free to make jokes about the shooting, but this one hit terrifying close to home and I'm still trying to process the loss in the community.

lol but
Feb 24, 2007

body is a dinosaur
Slippery Tilde

Vargatron posted:

Serious post guys. I grew up knowing the shooter's father and family. It's a really terrible situation, borne from mental abuse and a father who had an impossible standard for his son. There wasn't any ideological or racial component to the shooting, just a kid lashing out for help.

I'm in shock at trying to digest the poo poo that happened, especially the fact that I personally saw the family situation that precipitated the events from childhood on to adulthood.

I know this is an internet comedy forum, and you're free to make jokes about the shooting, but this one hit terrifying close to home and I'm still trying to process the loss in the community.

you could have saved them, vargatron. why wouldn't you act?

Michael Bayleaf
Jun 4, 2006

Tortured By Flan

Vargatron posted:

Why was the kid such a bad shot?

for fucks sake
Jan 23, 2016

Vargatron posted:

process the loss

You should try to move past this and heal

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Vargatron posted:

This belongs in en for greater comedy good

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

If he waits long enough he can use his accrued interest from his savings to bring his negative checking balance back into the black.
I'm pretty closely related to the shooters family too. I post on the same forums as someone who claims to know them. Such a tragedy for everyone involved.

lol but
Feb 24, 2007

body is a dinosaur
Slippery Tilde

Fallows posted:

I'm pretty closely related to the shooters family too. I post on the same forums as someone who claims to know them. Such a tragedy for everyone involved.

stay strong :9/11:

chernobyl kinsman
Mar 18, 2007

a friend of the friendly atom

Soiled Meat
only three injured and not even the shooter died? what is this, amateur hour?

spud
Aug 27, 2003

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I hope no-one from Cityname Sports Team was injured in the atrocity in Townville. Goooooo Citynamers!

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
Babies introduction to mass murders

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Lord Binky posted:

Why was the kid such a bad shot?

gamecock disease

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
well those kids certainly got a lesson today about the current realities of America

rabble rabble
Mar 24, 2015

Nap Ghost

Lastgirl posted:

yo why didn't the powerpuff girls get on this?

where the h*ck are they

for real though

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

This kind of think wouldn't happen if you give all the kids and all the teachers guns.

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013

Vargatron posted:

Was pops the kind of dude to leave guns lying around, or did the kid go through extraordinary measures to get his hand on the weapon?

roymorrison
Jul 26, 2005
Vargatron dad works for Nintendo too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaedric
Sep 5, 2000

This event brings to light a serious problem that we have in America: the word 'shooting' or 'shot' is ambiguous and makes me mad every time I see it.

'Black guy shot by police'. Ok... did.. did he die? Yes? oh

'School shooting'. Did anyone die? Stop making me ask this question and give us a more descriptive word like gunmurdered for when people use firearms to actually kill a person.

• Locked thread