Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tofu Terry
Oct 4, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

kid sinister posted:

Cover all the roof vents if you're doing concrete repair on the roof:

I keep laughing at the relatively untouched roll of toilet paper lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endie
Feb 7, 2007

Jings
Yeah a little crude oil (a cupful) will just make you throw up (assuming you can get it down in the first place) and probably explode from other orifices as well, although in larger quantities it can be more serious. But used motor oil is carcinogen city, even leaving out the more immediately unpleasant contaminants.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Also it ruins the use of my feathers so I can't fly no more

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
I mean, HE WAS A SHRIMP MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
A MINOR LEAGUE BASEBALL TEAM
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR

moist turtleneck posted:

Also it ruins the use of my feathers so I can't fly no more

Have you tried diluted Dawn dish soap? Works a charm when my plumage gets greasy. Then you just eat a bunch of sardines to oil them back up. Works great on dogs too.

No joke, dawn dish soap is a miracle.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Sorry, I can't take you seriously if you're not Literally A Bird

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Tunicate posted:

Sorry, I can't take you seriously if you're not Literally A Bird

I'll fire up the budgie signal.

Buff Skeleton
Oct 24, 2005

just lol if you aren't using Preen products in 2016

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR
Preen is over priced, over hyped crowshit that leaves a bad taste in my beak. That starling poo poo of a product is fit only for scrub jays and loons. I crap in your chimney!

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках

Slugworth posted:

I've never particularly loved stainless, but then I've also never really liked the alternatives either - White or black. We recently got new appliances and went with GE's 'slate' finish, and I really like it.

Concrete is sort of too vague a concept for me to make an all encompassing comment on - You can do quite a lot with it between stains/dyes/acids, and I *do* like some of the integrated sinks I've seen, though most are really shallow and impractical.

Let's be honest, if I was speccing out a kitchen it would all be rolled-edge stainless or 3" butcher block, and a commercial grade stainless hood.

I am not the normal consumer.

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words
Don't all new "more money than sense" places have $$$$$ stainless hoods and plenty of butcher block?

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR

Anne Whateley posted:

Don't all new "more money than sense" places have $$$$$ stainless hoods and plenty of butcher block?

No those are the people who have butcher block floors and laminate countertops.

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Anne Whateley posted:

Home decorating shows tell me "more money than sense" has white kitchens and shiplap.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Phanatic posted:

Maybe more of an architectural failure than a construction failure, but that thread got archived so:

The museum itself is art.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Liquid Communism posted:

Let's be honest, if I was speccing out a kitchen it would all be rolled-edge stainless or 3" butcher block, and a commercial grade stainless hood.

I am not the normal consumer.

Big rear end cast iron restaurant kitchen grill that I can practice my benihana skills.

Jealous Cow
Apr 4, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
I'm going to install a giant gas burner under the granite of my continent sized island and open a Mongolian grill.

Jaguars!
Jul 31, 2012

I found out what all those mcmansions are aspiring to. This is how you do modern decadence properly:

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках

Wasabi the J posted:

Big rear end cast iron restaurant kitchen grill that I can practice my benihana skills.

Flat-tops are really pretty inexpensive. In the 'few hundred bucks' range for 2'x2'. I'll be honest, my dream kitchen is essentially the small bakery I used to work for. Four burner commercial gas range with a still oven beneath it, double stack Blodgett gas convection ovens, and a rack proofer. Standup freezer, standup commercial fridge, chest freezer. 2 8' x 4' butcher block topped tables, one 8 x 4 stainless table, and a couple rolling racks.

Polio Vax Scene
Apr 5, 2009

Trump is the most colorful thing in that picture and it saddens me

Budgie
Mar 9, 2007
Yeah, like the bird.
Not one of those pictures is level.

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.
If there ever was a scene that proved women could be turned gay, that is it.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Jaguars! posted:

I found out what all those mcmansions are aspiring to. This is how you do modern decadence properly:

Looks like a 3/5-star hotel room?

A Festivus Miracle
Dec 19, 2012

I have come to discourse on the profound inequities of the American political system.

Jaguars! posted:

My Beige life, narrated by Carrot top.

BonerGhost
Mar 9, 2007

What's with that bedspread, I've never seen one with piping. Or is he lying on a bare mattress? :barf:

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

NancyPants posted:

What's with that bedspread, I've never seen one with piping. Or is he lying on a bare mattress? :barf:

Nah, it's a fitted bed cover.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Budgie posted:

Not one of those pictures is level.

Neither are the lampshades. :shepface:

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

I spent four years making
Waves of Steel
Hell yes I'm going to turn my avatar into an ad for it.
Fun Shoe

NancyPants posted:

Looks like a bare mattress to me. It might be something else, but it sure looks like a mattress, which is what really matters for these publicity shots.

crazypeltast52
May 5, 2010

TooMuchAbstraction posted:

Looks like a bare mattress to me. It might be something else, but it sure looks like a mattress, which is what really matters for these publicity shots.

Trump brand mattress?

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

It'd help if the light weren't such that it was washing out the horizontal stripe, making that mini check print look like mattress ticking.

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

It is a bare mattress. Look at the cabinet on the right, its a store furniture display.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
If it’s a bare mattress, why does it match the pillows? :confused:

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

I spent four years making
Waves of Steel
Hell yes I'm going to turn my avatar into an ad for it.
Fun Shoe
Also, look at the back-left of the mattress. I don't see any foldover of the covers if indeed they are covers. It might be some weirdass fitted sheet or mattress pad, but it's not a blanket.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Also, look at the back-left of the mattress. I don't see any foldover of the covers if indeed they are covers. It might be some weirdass fitted sheet or mattress pad, but it's not a blanket.

It's a fitted bedspread you goons, you remove it or fold it down to the foot of the bed before you sleep in it. I know it's probably a far cry from the bare mattress on the floor with threadbare blanket you all are used to, but christ.

crazypeltast52
May 5, 2010

flosofl posted:

It's a fitted bedspread you goons, you remove it or fold it down to the foot of the bed before you sleep in it. I know it's probably a far cry from the bare mattress on the floor with threadbare blanket you all are used to, but christ.

Bottom left, or Trump's right, it has a little flappy thing that sticks off the side.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

crazypeltast52 posted:

Bottom left, or Trump's right

I can't tell if this a location description or political commentary.

Variable 5
Apr 17, 2007
We do these things not because they are easy, but because we thought they would be easy.
Grimey Drawer

Jerry Cotton posted:

Looks like a 3/5-star hotel room?

This needs more love.

Jealous Cow
Apr 4, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
I didn't recognize Trump on that bed without Ivanka.

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Bed covers aren't blankets. They're something you put over the blankets/sheets to keep them from getting messed up until you want to get into bed. Furniture display makes a lot of sense because then they don't need to actually put anything under the bed cover because there's no expectation of folding the top back like you might get with actual bedclothes.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Jaguars! posted:

It was probably a nice bed before some numbskull dumped a huge pile of poo poo on the mattress.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

I recently read an article about the set design on some show set in the 80s and every picture looked like that bedroom.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

Liquid Communism posted:

Flat-tops are really pretty inexpensive. In the 'few hundred bucks' range for 2'x2'. I'll be honest, my dream kitchen is essentially the small bakery I used to work for. Four burner commercial gas range with a still oven beneath it, double stack Blodgett gas convection ovens, and a rack proofer. Standup freezer, standup commercial fridge, chest freezer. 2 8' x 4' butcher block topped tables, one 8 x 4 stainless table, and a couple rolling racks.

And a commercial dishwasher. Those things are the business.