Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

DrSunshine posted:

Promised Neverland.

Okay, so I really dislike the rather racialized depiction of the new farm warden as this big, ugly, scary black lady. It really does not seat well with me. That said, it's good that she's actually quite competent and intelligent, and I do wonder what her backstory is. Also at the end- Norman, NO! What?? :stonk: That took a really dark turn!!

I am interested to know what a "Target" is though there are clues in that I think that both the nannies were "targets" at some point, prehaps there is some chase thing for the very top of the line meat and if the meat wins, it lives?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
i'm about 3/4 of the way through kekkaishi now after people itt said it had a sad ending and there are so many ways this is being setup i'm curious how it'll work out in the end. i'm glad people said that though otherwise i'd not have read it

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

Sharkopath posted:

http://bato.to/reader#034563adbbc6b4f1_1

the lil minion duders are becoming one of my favorite parts of this comic

I had no idea Jin had started an actual series

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

kekkaishi was really good and its a shame i didn't read it earlier

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Jose posted:

now you can read birdmen and despair at the release schedule

Zasze
Apr 29, 2009

Jose posted:

I really liked kekkaishi my only issue with the series is that Yoshimori's brother kinda steals the show since all the stuff he was doing tended to be more interesting, the ending was really solid too.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Magi looks like its coming to its end soon based on the recent chapters

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
New Jump manga this week (only translated by Viz atm) Amalgam of Distortion.

It seems neat.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
The Promised Neverland: :suspense:

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib

Mikl posted:

I'm also shocked that nothing has happened

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Jump is doing some weird creepy poo poo and I kinda like it.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

AtomikKrab posted:

Jump is doing some weird creepy poo poo and I kinda like it.

It's probably due to Tokyo Ghoul and Attack on Titan doing well, so they're more open to it at the moment. Not to say they haven't had creepy stuff before, cause they had D.Gray Man and other stuff in the past, just saying the last few new Jump manga have had dead kids featured in their opening chapters, so that's probably not a coincidental trend.

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Allarion posted:

New Jump manga this week (only translated by Viz atm) Amalgam of Distortion.

It seems neat.

That's a cool panel, but Amalgam of Distortion as a whole seems pretty bad. Generic dense main character, generic tsundere love interest, generic sadistic mad scientist villain, generic :geno: zealot antihero who will obviously become the MC's best friend after the MC beats him up. The only thing that stands out about AoD is that it's unusually gory for a shonen manga.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I'm kind of liking the "these characters are actually weird perverts who get turned on by death games" angle that seems to be showing up in Kamisama no Iutoori.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Ytlaya posted:

I'm kind of liking the "these characters are actually weird perverts who get turned on by death games" angle that seems to be showing up in Kamisama no Iutoori.

It's important that readers be able to see themselves in the characters.

Man with Hat
Dec 26, 2007

Open up your Dethday present
It's a box of fucking nothing

Exciting Lemon

Mikl posted:

I agree with this post that The Promised Neverland is packed with suspense. Really good so far, I hope it doesn't go to poo poo outside the orphanage.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
Spring Weapon No. 1

I'm all for this new Jump manga

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

i have no idea whats going on in magi any more

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
Also Amalgam of Distortion seems like it still has potential

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Jose posted:

i have no idea whats going on in magi any more

I've been like this since the timeskip. One of the reasons I struggle to recc'd it to new readers because I have no idea what's going on in the recent chapters :smith:

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Magi is always at its best when it's focusing on Alibaba, his whole thing during the timeskip was awesome.

Sonata Mused
Feb 19, 2013

I'll show you... a nightmare...
I actually like reading Sinbad no Bouken more than Magi proper...

Or, Sinbad no Borken as my auto-correct tried to do.

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe
seven deadly sins is pretty good

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Elfgames posted:

seven deadly sins is pretty good

Seven Deadly Sins is a very solid shounen all-around. Very good art and nothing to really complain about story/character-wise. They also somehow managed to introduce power levels without it bothering me too much. I think part of the reason is that it did a very good job of actually showing me that the demon dudes were vastly stronger than all the other characters (rather than just stating it like in DBZ or something).

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
recently, it has done a very good job of showing why meliodas' sealed away most of his power and has been reluctant to use what was left

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

I'm actually really liking the current chapters in Magi because they are pure :catdrugs:.

Sarcophallus
Jun 12, 2011

by Lowtax
Sahara the Flower Samurai is complete after 4 chapters.

It's not very substantial, but it was a fun read.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

Sarcophallus posted:

:yeah:

"Who the hell gave you permission to scatter?" is a pretty good line.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Sarcophallus posted:

I very much enjoyed it, dug the art especially. Gonna try to follow that artist for their next work. What publication did this one run in?

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Let's Enjoy Outdated Cultural Images

http://bato.to/reader#1669180ccf28c4a0_2

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Samon is really really good.

Sarcophallus
Jun 12, 2011

by Lowtax

kidcoelacanth posted:

I very much enjoyed it, dug the art especially. Gonna try to follow that artist for their next work. What publication did this one run in?

Shounen Jump 'GIGA'

Which just died and is being replaced

RubberLuffy
Mar 31, 2011
If you like Seven Deadly Sins make sure you read Kongo Bancho as well

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
the last two chapters of vector ball have revealed what the goofy protagonist's role is. he constructs elaborate mechanical devices out of his friend's lovely spears, using his innate ability of spacial perception. so basically, raiku is going nuts with his art.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

he loving loves maths

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Now that Naruto and Bleach are over, what would you say the new big 3 are?

Sarcophallus
Jun 12, 2011

by Lowtax

Pewdiepie posted:

Now that Naruto and Bleach are over, what would you say the new big 3 are?

One Piece
My Hero Academia
Hunter X Hunter

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I mean it was one piece mha and assassination classroom but then that went and ended too

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

Toriko should be there but I guess Japanese readers have bad taste.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
It's One Piece, MHA, and Black Clover if you're just looking for the traditional battle shonen. Haikyuu and Shokugeki pop in the top 3 every now and then as well. I think Toriko is in its ending stages so its rankings doesn't really matter anymore