Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thor-Stryker
Nov 11, 2005
Do the end-game huts gather from the traps? I'd hate to be on the river farm baiting 500 traps everyday.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Rutibex posted:

Fishing manually is supposed to be a chill hobby. If you want to get serious about profit you need crab pots. They should let you build a fish wheels on the river map to auto-catch fish, just like crabs:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5p0o2V9V0Xg

it's not about high profit to me, it's just about futzing around with something i've already done a hundred times. a fish wheel would be a good alternative though for sure, let you get all the common catches and so forth but boss fish never show up there.

Thor-Stryker posted:

Do the end-game huts gather from the traps? I'd hate to be on the river farm baiting 500 traps everyday.

they do not unless i've been woefully misinformed (which is possible). again though, perspective basically being that if you have 500 traps you're way beyond scarcity in this game so there's no reason to abuse yourself like that if you don't want

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:
As much as I like the easy fish from crab pots I get to the point where the busy work isn't worth the pay off for me. Something like a fish wheel that used the mill mechanic would be a nice feature to add. Put in bait in the morning and the next morning come back to a bunch of fish in the hopper. It would work great on the riverland farm. You could even have the construction require crab pots so the ones you had don't go to waste.

Maylo
Nov 5, 2010

Any ideas about why I can't plant a fruit tree here?

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Paul.Power posted:

Finally getting serious about fishing (in year 4!). Caught the Angler shortly before the patch, and now I've added the Mutant Carp and Glacierfish to the collection.

Mind you, Glacierfish was hard enough with level 9 fishing, Fish Stew and the Trap Bobber, goodness knows what the Legend will be like.

The Legend isn't that bad because the hook rate on it is so high, you'll have a chance to try again very soon after losing it. The mines fish (Stonefish, Ice Pip, Lava Eel) are the most annoying because it takes so long to even hook one.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

Maylo posted:

Any ideas about why I can't plant a fruit tree here?
Is that the forest map? It seems to block planting trees(fruit or otherwise) in certain spots, for no reason I can figure out.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
So with a Wii U port coming soon, what are the chances of this getting ported to the Nintendo Switch and thus finally giving people portable Stardew?

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Mega64 posted:

So with a Wii U port coming soon, what are the chances of this getting ported to the Nintendo Switch and thus finally giving people portable Stardew?

Nintendo will push forward pretty much anything as long as the devs do the porting and it sells well. Hell Skyrim was featured in Switch's launch cause that game still sells 5+ years later

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Mega64 posted:

I am hoping for an Android port. There are dozens of generic tablets that are basically Nintendo Switch.

Sono
Apr 9, 2008

So if I marry Emily before hearting up Clint, does Clint ask me for advice hitting on MY WIFE when his tavern event happens?

And does she go flirt with Shane afterwards?

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!
You know, I've only managed to get Clint's wingman thing in the bar once, never been able to repeat it.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Sono posted:

So if I marry Emily before hearting up Clint, does Clint ask me for advice hitting on MY WIFE when his tavern event happens?

BGTOW - Blacksmiths Going Their Own Way

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

How long after completing the community center do you have to wait for that next big set of quests (witch) to come your way? It's been a full season for me and still nothing?

Darkhold
Feb 19, 2011

No Heart❤️
No Soul👻
No Service🙅
Have you gone to the railroad to trigger it?

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

Ahhhhh yeah I don't go up there often. I'll try that tonight, thanks!

I've been so busy empire building this past fall that I guess I haven't left my farm much.

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Hunting for the last few artifacts is a nightmare. Need one from fishing and the rest from worms. God i hate fishing.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Uncle Wemus posted:

Hunting for the last few artifacts is a nightmare. Need one from fishing and the rest from worms. God i hate fishing.

I'm trying to wrap up the last few achievements I want on my first file before starting with a new farm and I don't think I can handle artifact hunting any longer. Hurry up and poo poo out a second baby, Sam.

gently caress the bus stop and gently caress the beach and gently caress the desert, just give me my loving bones and fossils

MrSlam
Apr 25, 2014

And there you sat, eating hamburgers while the world cried.

Poque posted:

Hurry up and poo poo out a second baby, Sam.

Being m-preg is a very stressful three days

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Oh come on.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
My secret santa is... Pam, whom I already boozed up to 10 hearts :eng99:

NeuralSpark
Apr 16, 2004

Leal posted:

My secret santa is... Pam, whom I already boozed up to 10 hearts :eng99:

Pam was my Secret Santa, and she gave me a beer 'cause it was all she could afford. :guinness:

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Yes! Got him at last! :D

If you're angling for this jerk, bring a trap bobber and pray to the RNG or else this fish will just slide up and down all day, laughing at your attempts to reel him in. I...don't look forward to the other legendaries, but ha! One down! :woop:

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Handy hint: Dish of the Sea increases your fishing skill by three - slowing that fucker down a little and increasing your fishing bar. This works even if you're level 10.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

The caravan sold Walleyes for me, speeding up my Community Center revival! I was almost sure that Walleyes weren't an item she could carry, before. But now I can truly be in the endgame. I wonder what I should spend my money on first?

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

If I ever meet Ape im going to punch him in the nards for the fishing minigame and artifact droprate. And not making the dinosaurs bigger

StrixNebulosa posted:

If you're angling for this jerk, bring a trap bobber and pray to the RNG or else this fish will just slide up and down all day, laughing at your attempts to reel him in. I...don't look forward to the other legendaries, but ha! One down! :woop:

dear god you froze to death!

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

StrixNebulosa posted:

NICE!!! I need to try for that one, too.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Uncle Wemus posted:

If I ever meet Ape im going to punch him in the nards for the fishing minigame and artifact droprate. And not making the dinosaurs bigger

dear god you froze to death!

My poor farmer spent all day out in a blizzard whilst underdressed just so they could bring some wriggling fish home. I like to imagine they staggered through the drifts of snow and past the barn to land on the porch of their home, whereupon they crawled inside and slept in front of the fire while their cat disdainfully looked upon the puddle in the middle of its usual snoozing spot.

But seriously what do you do with a legendary after you catch it? Eat it? Sell it? Is there any use for this thing other than putting it into a box and going "ayup I caught that"?

e:

Okuyasu Nijimura posted:

NICE!!! I need to try for that one, too.

Thank you! Good luck!

Mountaineer
Aug 29, 2008

Imagine a rod breaking on a robot face - forever

StrixNebulosa posted:

But seriously what do you do with a legendary after you catch it? Eat it? Sell it? Is there any use for this thing other than putting it into a box and going "ayup I caught that"?

Put 'em in the grange display for bragging rights. Rub your superiority in Willy's face.

(Actually don't do this if you care about winning the contest, variety matters more than value.)

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:
The glacier fish makes me extremely unchill.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
First try on every legendary, motherfuckers :smugdog:

Pookum
Mar 5, 2011

gaming is life
Its funny having a huge fight with a fish and finally snag it and its a 1 inch minnow

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus

Pookum posted:

Its funny having a huge fight with a fish and finally snag it and its a 1 inch minnow

This reminds me of the effort to get Pierre to 8 hearts.

Sono
Apr 9, 2008

Mountaineer posted:

Put 'em in the grange display for bragging rights. Rub your superiority in Willy's face.

(Actually don't do this if you care about winning the contest, variety matters more than value.)

Do it. 5 Legendary fish and fill out the box with fish tacos and alcohol and you'll win.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
The time for revenge has arrived at last.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
I hear Abigail's dad loves Void Essences, so...

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Is there a way to quickly clear out trees?

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010
10,000 POSTS ON TALKING TIME

Tired Moritz posted:

Is there a way to quickly clear out trees?

An Iridium Axe.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

I think bombs can do it?

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus

TurnipFritter posted:

An Iridium Axe.

This.

Just hold down the button and walk in a straight line through them all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.

That's one tenacious strawberry. I almost wish I had kept watering to see if it's possible to somehow get one last harvest out of it.

Poque posted:

I'm trying to wrap up the last few achievements I want on my first file before starting with a new farm and I don't think I can handle artifact hunting any longer. Hurry up and poo poo out a second baby, Sam.

gently caress the bus stop and gently caress the beach and gently caress the desert, just give me my loving bones and fossils

I modded my game to add artifacts to the omni geode treasure list for this very reason.