Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
why is your ground colored like that?

and ugh, I guess I have to start going to the skull mines then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013

The Oasis sells them every Wednesday for 1000g.

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.

Tired Moritz posted:

why is your ground colored like that?

Messing around with a modded farm map.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Mzbundifund posted:

I modded my game to add artifacts to the omni geode treasure list for this very reason.

Have a link to this mod? The artifact rate is just dumb at this point.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

Mzbundifund posted:

I modded my game to add artifacts to the omni geode treasure list for this very reason.

Whoa that's a good idea. Surprised this isn't part of the game actually

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
gently caress you Pierre

how dare you hate corn you piece of poo poo

bonus:

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:
What is that purple machine that has the iridium ore in it?

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
It's the statue you get for making your dead granddad happy.

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.

Poque posted:

Have a link to this mod? The artifact rate is just dumb at this point.

I got the mod off the mod Nexus but it hadn't been updated for 1.1. I figured out how to update it myself though.

Here's a link to the updated mod in my dropbox. Just overwrite the file in Steam/SteamApps/common/Stardew Valley/Content/Data with this one.

You'll know it installed correctly if the tooltip for omni geodes says they contain artifacts. The mod moves all the minerals from omni geodes over to magma geodes, so you can still get all the minerals.

Standard disclaimer about don't blame me if you accidentally delete all your files etc etc etc

Mzbundifund fucked around with this message at 20:07 on Oct 22, 2016

Squats
Nov 4, 2009

If you marry Sam, does he still hang out with Sebastian for band practice in his old room on Saturdays? Or does Sebastian hilariously just hang out in Sam's old room alone?

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Giant Boy Detective posted:

If you marry Sam, does he still hang out with Sebastian for band practice in his old room on Saturdays? Or does Sebastian hilariously just hang out in Sam's old room alone?

Sebastian just shows up alone and it's really weird.

Mzbundifund posted:

I got the mod off the mod Nexus but it hadn't been updated for 1.1. I figured out how to update it myself though.

Here's a link to the updated mod in my dropbox. Just overwrite the file in Steam/SteamApps/common/Stardew Valley/Content/Data with this one.

You'll know it installed correctly if the tooltip for omni geodes says they contain artifacts. The mod moves all the minerals from omni geodes over to magma geodes, so you can still get all the minerals.

Standard disclaimer about don't blame me if you accidentally delete all your files etc etc etc

Thanks!

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)

Poque posted:

Kent and Jodi are his parents now.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

well i mean that's better than demetrius

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Poque posted:

That's seriously depressing. :smith:

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010
10,000 POSTS ON TALKING TIME

What's more depressing is that Kent and Jodie didn't take Sam's giant bed room for themselves after he moved out.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus

TurnipFritter posted:

What's more depressing is that Kent and Jodie didn't take Sam's giant bed room for themselves after he moved out.

I see it more as Sam having a parachute in case things don't work out.

You don't need a parachute apartment Sam. If you try to leave without my permission I will kill you and stuff you in the crab pots.

I have a multi million dollar cheese & crab empire. I could stab you with my sword in front of Pierre's store in the middle of the day and not even serve a day in jail. I own this town Sam. Just as well as I own you.

Now make yourself useful. Go fill the cats water bowl or feed the animals in the auto-feeder barn.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

More mods!

I got a horse finally, and within a day decided I didn't like it, so I went to the mods to replace it, and -

This mod turns your horse into a dinosaur. It's super cool and even animated, and I respect it, but I'm a bit boring so I went with the mod that turned my horse into a dapple gray color so it'd be prettier. :3:

e: Obligatory shout-out to the Horse Whistle mod that works with 1.1 and saves me so much time. Just hit V to summon your horse and it's great!

e2: Just did some googling because my brown cows aren't cute enough and lo and behold: Highland Cows Mod. Perfect.

StrixNebulosa fucked around with this message at 02:40 on Oct 23, 2016

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

You're going to try ponies and you're. Going. To. LOVE. ME!!
I turned my horse into a giant eggplant.

flesh dance
May 6, 2009

StrixNebulosa posted:

More mods!

I got a horse finally, and within a day decided I didn't like it, so I went to the mods to replace it, and -

This mod turns your horse into a dinosaur. It's super cool and even animated, and I respect it, but I'm a bit boring so I went with the mod that turned my horse into a dapple gray color so it'd be prettier. :3:

my favorite is the bay horse done by the same modder as the grey, it's way more handsome and distinctive than the vanilla one. all of her horses & other animals are here, they're lovely :3:

speaking of, is there a mod or some way to get multiple colorations of farm animals that only have one default sprite, like sheep and goats? I looked and didn't find anything, but when a game has a million different mods with broad search terms it's easier to just ask

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Start of year 2 in chill river farm

Fully built house, horse stable and sprinklers

Canada developing nicely with a deluxe barn

Oakland giving me the resin needed for kegs, deluxe coop

Got the greenhouse during winter, honestly thinking of moving my orchard to the area west of the house. For some reason the green area south of the road is bugged and has spots where I can't plant my fruit trees leading to my summer trees not being spaced properly. Will probably move my shed from the south most island to up here and make this area a honey bee farm.

DropsySufferer
Nov 9, 2008

Impractical practicality
Now this thread has 1400 more posts time to check!

Is there a good working tractor mod yet? I want a tractor that will both sow seeds and also harvest at the same time.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

DropsySufferer posted:

Now this thread has 1400 more posts time to check!

Is there a good working tractor mod yet? I want a tractor that will both sow seeds and also harvest at the same time.

Googling answers: no. Not really.

The best you can get is a horse replacement mod. It looks neat, probably goes great with the horse whistle mod, but you're not going to be able to do anything while riding it.

I will be quite happy if anyone else can prove me wrong, though!

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
something like that would be very complex to build due to the existence of multi-harvest plants and also coffee/sunflowers, which drop more seeds as they are harvested. i wouldn't count on it being a thing for a good long while, probably ever.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)

I'm very bad at farm design. Post farms so I can steal your ideas and make my farm prettier.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
Pave it all and sell it to Joja as a carpark.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Do tiles work better than fences for keeping your crops safe?

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

Coolguye posted:

something like that would be very complex to build due to the existence of multi-harvest plants and also coffee/sunflowers, which drop more seeds as they are harvested. i wouldn't count on it being a thing for a good long while, probably ever.

I could see using the horse mechanics with a new sprite, and having 3 chests attached. One for fertilizer, one for seeds, one for harvest. You load the fertilizer and crop chests, and the tractor automatically puts them down on eligible tiles that you pass. And it picks up finished crops (like the mod that lets you harvest with a scythe) and pops them into the third chest.

Tired Moritz posted:

Post farms so I can steal your ideas and make my farm prettier.

Is there a trick to getting these shots?

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

Do tiles work better than fences for keeping your crops safe?

There's no "safe" or not for crops other than scarecrows I think, just a matter of keeping the grass back for aesthetics. Paths do the job and don't degrade.

AreWeDrunkYet fucked around with this message at 16:16 on Oct 23, 2016

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Tired Moritz posted:

I'm very bad at farm design. Post farms so I can steal your ideas and make my farm prettier.

http://stardew.farm/5703f7481700d45a6e0b5b39

205 days recorded!

also the current farm is covered in coffee plants which stardew.farm apparently doesn't render yet, and it no longer renders the house??????

edit: some of the days are broken for some reason but most of the images load, summer year 2 is when it really kicked into high gear

Captain Invictus fucked around with this message at 16:18 on Oct 23, 2016

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010
10,000 POSTS ON TALKING TIME

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

Is there a trick to getting these shots?

Upload your save here and it'll generate a .png for you
http://upload.farm/

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

TurnipFritter posted:

Upload your save here and it'll generate a .png for you
http://upload.farm/
You can do that, but if you just have the stardew.farm program start up on boot, it'll auto-upload daily screenshots of your farm whenever the game saves while it's active, so you can view the progress over time.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!
Thank you.

Winter is coming, along with a lot of reorganization. This is what happens when you just keep adding on things with no planning.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

A farm I made around fruit trees.

The three trees at the barn was a way so I could keep count of how much fruit the trees in the orchard had without having to go there to count them.

I also perked for lumberjack and grew my own trees for wood.

I don't remember what the fruit tree incomes was like but it was not a lot. Harvesting was also frustrating because they would fly all over the place when you shock the trees and so you would have to run around and catch the fruit.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

It's probably not the best layout. But it works for what I'm doing. I'll probably do more keggin' somewhere, but I like to make a variety of processes around the area. Still, I don't mind having the preserves and the animals and the limited farm space as long as it looks nice and I know where everything is.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

Zephyrine posted:

I don't remember what the fruit tree incomes was like but it was not a lot. Harvesting was also frustrating because they would fly all over the place when you shock the trees and so you would have to run around and catch the fruit.

Do magnet rings work outside of dungeons?

I Said No
May 21, 2007

jesus dude ur gonna kill someone with that av

Not much to see so far. Currently working on a meadery to have tons of gifts to hand out to everyone. Pretty much everyone likes mead apart from Penny and the kids, it turns out.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

Oh they do! but fruit is launched outwards from the trees and even as the magnets pull the fruit. The force of the "launch" can cause the fruit to orbit around you and then be thrown several squares in the other direction. Mind that you are doing this while being hidden by the trees themselves.

So you run past and poke 20 trees with 3 fruit each and then you have 55 fruits in your inventory. So you make a secondary trip through the orchard to find the rest (hopefully)

Zephyrine fucked around with this message at 17:14 on Oct 23, 2016

CainsDescendant
Dec 6, 2007

Human nature

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

Yup, makes shaking berry bushes and woodcutting less of a hassle in my experience

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

How do you take a pic of your whole farm like that?

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

Thank you.

Winter is coming, along with a lot of reorganization. This is what happens when you just keep adding on things with no planning.

Embrace the non-planning.

Outdoor farm plot needed some adjustments since I unlocked quality sprinklers and hit the gold levels of the mines after planting my hordes of fall cranberries. Thank gently caress for winter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thor-Stryker
Nov 11, 2005

Haifisch posted:

Embrace the non-planning.

Outdoor farm plot needed some adjustments since I unlocked quality sprinklers and hit the gold levels of the mines after planting my hordes of fall cranberries. Thank gently caress for winter.

It's a nice farm, all you need to honestly plan for is to have double-wide paths for getting the horse later. Oddly, Concerned Ape hasn't bothered to fix the horse being two tiles wide while traveling vertically while only being one tile 'tall'.