Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Yes, but that subforum is a cesspool of infighting and shitposting about something that is more representative of an egregious waste of money than anything meaningful.

:psyduck:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I would just like the Secret Service to know that I do not condone the kidnapping, imprisonment, and abandonment of a Presidential candidate.

Pff. Like they're not going to do that last bit so fast it'll create busing, frostbit, and really hurt feelings from the massive wind chill as they woosh out of the building, should the election show that there is in fact the sum total of at least one full brain divided among the US voting public.

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Yes, but that subforum is a cesspool of infighting and shitposting about something that is more representative of an egregious waste of money than anything meaningful.

Wait. The election or SC?

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat

MeLKoR posted:

Lazrin, you think you're sticking it up to the goons and that we all hate you and wish you'd go away. Personally the only thing that saddens me is that once this thing goes belly up you will never show your face around here again.

This is a bit disingenuous since none of us will, the thread will die and we will find new threads to peruse.

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat

cool new Polack jokes posted:

Yeah, where did he come from? Please don't say he was brought on salary for his plucky WC fanboyism. Honestly I've been playing video games for 25 years and I've never heard of Wing Commander outside this forum.

Same here I been playing games on PC since the TRS-80 with Empire and Hunt the Wumpus. I did hear of "Wing Commander", never played it because it looked boring to play when my friend showed it to me.

It's like the pictures AP posts all the time.
They are so bland that it takes me a few seconds to even figure out what's wrong with the picture. A mini game if you will.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

This is legitimately the most retarded thing I've read this morning, and I've spent all morning bouncing between work emails and political poo poo on facebook. :suicide:

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat

Wiz posted:

Fun Stellaris story: I caused the first-ever Stellaris ragequit very early in its development, when ship construction was first put in and battleships had 3-day construction timers (when you put a first pass of a feature in, you often do stuff like that so it's easy to test). I made a basic AI that would colonize, build ships, declare war on anyone it encountered and try to glass their planets, basically just as a way of putting the game through its paces and looking for performance/stability issues. Cue our one our content designers trying to test an anomaly event chain when the AI suddenly declares war on him and sends a fleet of 400 battleships into his home system.

I ended up having to put in a limited AI mode that was on by default until more balanced numbers were in place.

What I like about Stellaris is when that NPC faction declares war on you and suddenly half your stuff is gone. But you refuse their terms and slowly grind them back into their own turf until they sue for peace.
And then you make them extinct. or if you are particularly annoyed you take their homeworld and leave them with whatever shiitiest planet they had a sole little bubble of color inside your sphere.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Lladre posted:

This is a bit disingenuous since none of us will, the thread will die and we will find new threads to peruse.

No way man, I'm a lifer. I've been in too long, gone too deep. I've stared into the abyss such that it has seen all that I am and ever will be.

Six months after this thing falls apart come check the thread. It'll just be me and D_Smart posting :five::vince::bravo::bravo: back and forth

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

Lazrin posted:

and you're just the friend of a girlfriend of a friend of a developer that finds your only validation here. sound about right?

Relax, dude. He's not even that.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Beet Wagon posted:

This is legitimately the most retarded thing I've read this morning, and I've spent all morning bouncing between work emails and political poo poo on facebook. :suicide:

I thought it may have only been me, so I said nothing.

I didn't even get the point. I guess it's waxing poetic and trying to sound wise.

I'm, good job guy. You wrote a thing. :downs:

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.

Beet Wagon posted:

No way man, I'm a lifer. I've been in too long, gone too deep. I've stared into the abyss such that it has seen all that I am and ever will be.

Six months after this thing falls apart come check the thread. It'll just be me and D_Smart posting :five::vince::bravo::bravo: back and forth

:same:

TheLightPurges
Sep 24, 2016

by exmarx

Remember that a poll the other month showed 90% of forum goers have >500 dollars "invested"

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

TheLightPurges posted:

Remember that a poll the other month showed 90% of forum goers have >500 dollars "invested"

We should just start referring to them as 'plaintiffs'.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

ManofManyAliases posted:

When did you last play Star Citizen?

Hamburger Test
Jul 2, 2007

Sure hope this works!

Tippis posted:

Wait. The election or SC?

Yes

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

ManofManyAliases posted:

I'm glad you two have each other. It's lovely.

MedicineHut
Feb 25, 2016

Meanwhile at the international community...

The new money discount for the SH and the confirmation about just ship talk at the Aniversary stream have been largely ignored or sold as good by the usual top cultists. On the other hand, the reactions to the latest ME:A trailer have shown extremely high levels of salt and I can tell detailed damage control planning went into it by a select group:

Top Cultist #1 wrote:

quote:

I just wanted to briefly mention that [ME:A] has been in development since Octobre-Novembre 2012 and it is going to be released in spring 2017. And the EA guys said to their shareholders that they are ready for a delay of up to 6 months if need be for the good of the project.

That is, 5 years of development just to make a single player in an engine they know inside out (Frostbite in DA:Inquisition), with an experienced team already set up years ago, with a universe imagery and art already done (even if they have now decided to leave the Milky Way) and with tons of money from day one.

Just wanted to put things in perspective... :D Maybe we will have a face to face competition between ME:A and SQ42 towards Fall next year.

Irony master random cultist wrote:

quote:

Dont pre-order, I can see your eyes shining... The more copies they sell before the game is done, the less of an incentive to ensure a "good polish".

We´vealwaysbeenatwarwithEurasiaConsoles random cultists wrote:

quote:

Remember that what they have shown is a trailer, the game has ceased to be an rpg to become a console game. Dont pre order, this does not smell right. I wish everything goes ok, but it does not look (seem) good at all.

MedicineHut fucked around with this message at 16:35 on Nov 8, 2016

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

Daztek posted:

When did you last play Star Citizen?

2 weeks (ago)

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer

ManofManyAliases posted:

actually moma I'd like to ask you the same thing about these
do you think all the confirmed stuff above is just lucky guesses I made weeks and months in advance or something

I'd just like to know

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?

What did you do in terms of playing the game? (serious question)

Brazilianpeanutwar fucked around with this message at 16:36 on Nov 8, 2016

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

TheAgent posted:

actually moma I'd like to ask you the same thing about these

do you think all the confirmed stuff above is just lucky guesses I made weeks and months in advance or something

I'd just like to know

Absolutely. We knew or could guesstimate those responses before the events based on very basic information that was already available. Besides, many of the bullets are interrelated.

But far be it for me to preclude you having fun. Do you, boo boo.

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

Brazilianpeanutwar posted:

What did you do in terms of playing the game? (serious question)

I haven't played in a month. When I played last, I griefed five ships at grim hex, got my wanted ranking up and camped Kareah until I got bored.

aleksendr
May 14, 2014

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

But this is exactly what..

Oh..

OHHHH....

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

ManofManyAliases posted:

Absolutely. We knew or could guesstimate those responses before the events based on very basic information that was already available. Besides, many of the bullets are interrelated.

Is everything okay? You seem a bit crabby lately

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer

ManofManyAliases posted:

lol

Gradis
Feb 27, 2016

GAPE APE

ManofManyAliases posted:

I haven't played in a month. When I played last, I griefed five ships at grim hex, got my wanted ranking up and camped Kareah until I got bored.

did you buy any space pants or a nice hat in game?

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer
I dunno how anyone could guesstimate more october mocap in august, but okay

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Wiz posted:

I wonder what the US SC backer/Trump voter venn diagram looks like.

You tell me

https://twitter.com/FearNoGod

https://twitter.com/FearNoGod/status/795861688482414593

https://twitter.com/FearNoGod/status/795737029036347392

Maw
Feb 18, 2013

Mere minutes after discovering the new technology, it was used to send me a crude ASCII dong.

ManofManyAliases posted:

So what did you do after those fifteen minutes?

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

TheAgent posted:

If they believe you are real then they also have to believe that SC has already failed and they can't do that.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I voted. gently caress Trump.

I think his first name is Donald thanks for you're vote though :patriot:

Hamburger Test
Jul 2, 2007

Sure hope this works!

TheAgent posted:

It's obvious if you're a Man of Many Faces.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

TheAgent posted:

Can you find out what happened with the in-game car dealership where some NPC gives you champagne to sip on while you peruse jpegs? That was the one drat thing I wanted to see the most.

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003

ManofManyAliases posted:

Why were your predictions so bad in comparison then? Imagine how :smug: you could be right now if you predicted Spectrum weeks before it happened.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

TheLightPurges posted:

Please stop engaging lazrin, you've seen all the responses several times over no need to keep pulling the cord.

Show us more testicles!

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003

Hamburger Test posted:

It's obvious if you're a Man of Many Faces.
Faeces.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

TheLightPurges posted:

Whats up is that poor bastard had to read like 100 pages of your posts.

Also, no testicles from me. That's like... 75 pages of my posts, each!

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Lazrin is a false-flag poster meant to bring us together in our mutual hate for Star Citizen.

Crooked Hillary Knew :tinfoil:

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

ManofManyAliases posted:

Nah man dig yourself out of your hole before slinging poo poo

it's like you've never internet before

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003
I voted Trump as a joke.

Adbot