Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pocky In My Pocket
Jan 27, 2005

Giant robots shouldn't fight!

Nah. North side had odd dice as well but the people with them took steps to resolve the issue and it worked out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Exercu
Dec 7, 2009

EAT WELL, SLEEP WELL, SHIT WELL! THERE'S YOUR ANSWER!!

Pocky In My Pocket posted:

Nah. North side had odd dice as well but the people with them took steps to resolve the issue and it worked out.

No. Let me clarify for people who weren't paying attention to the dice present in the game. Hael who switched places had a different standard die than the front row madong player. Both still standard dice, summing opposite sides to 7. There were two dice where this was not the case. Macho's die and jaehyuk's die.

There are four designs, two standard, summing opposites to 7. All madong, most nopdong fall into this category. Macho and jaehyuk have slightly different versions of a weirder die, where opposite sides are grouped 1-2, 3-4, 5-6.

Exercu fucked around with this message at 12:01 on Nov 3, 2016

Pocky In My Pocket
Jan 27, 2005

Giant robots shouldn't fight!

If thats the case that seems weirdly biased

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Watching S04E05 now and Kyunghoon saying he's targeting kings next. Here's hoping he comes at Jinho and loses so I can post this forever

Anaconda Rifle
Mar 23, 2007

Yam Slacker

EmmyOk posted:

Watching S04E05 now and Kyunghoon saying he's targeting kings next. Here's hoping he comes at Jinho and loses so I can post this forever

Quoting for posterity.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Season 4 really is a masterpiece.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

If Kyunghoon knocks out every previous season winner I am actually incredibly down for that because it's basically guaranteed he'll implode in a death match against Jungmoon or something after.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

There is one game in season 4 that is really not very good, but that's largely because of Jungmoon. Everything else is great. Fish Sale has one of my favorite surprise reveals, because they edited it so well.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
Jungmoon is why we can't have nice things.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

I feel like rewatching the Genius. I think I will.

Elite
Oct 30, 2010

Propaganda Machine posted:

Jungmoon is why we can't have nice things.

Jungmoon might have brought S4 down a bit but I think Sangmin makes for a better boogeyman. :devil:

In the west children worry about monsters hiding under the bed.
In Korea children worry about Sangmins hiding under the table.

One of these fears is better founded than the other.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Elite posted:

Jungmoon might have brought S4 down a bit but I think Sangmin makes for a better boogeyman. :devil:

In the west children worry about monsters hiding under the bed.
In Korea children worry about Sangmins hiding under the table.

One of these fears is better founded than the other.

You shouldn't worry about the Sangmin under the table. You should worry about the Sangmin sitting beside you at the table.

Zythrst
May 31, 2011

Time to join a revolution son, its going to be yooge!

Dias posted:

You shouldn't worry about the Sangmin under the table. You should worry about the Sangmin sitting beside you at the table.

He stares at you from his van.

Elite
Oct 30, 2010

Dias posted:

The Sangmin under the table can only use what you say against you.

The Sangmin AT the table can use what he says against you. :ohdear:

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Ancient Korean Proverb posted:

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Also watching Crime Scene S01E09 and my current theory is if Jiyoon and Jinho suspect the same person then they are guilty if they do not suspect the same person one of them is guilty.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Bumdi just put up game 3

Arcanen
Dec 19, 2005

Something that occured to me about the blacklist: has it ever been explicitly stated that the person written must belong to the same team as the person writing in the blacklist?

Also, I will eat my hat if it doesn't come to pass that at some point, the Madong leader will blindside a Key of Rebellion holder with an elimination.

CeeJee
Dec 4, 2001
Oven Wrangler

Tunicate posted:

Bumdi just put up game 3

I think every single item of clothing Heejun and MJ brought has an Adidas or Nike logo on it they (poorly) blur out or stick some tape over.

MJ killing it once again. Funny how she had the exact same reaction to winning as the Yuram the pool pro in Genius season 1 that she was more thrilled winning this silly game then any MMA fight.

Preview spoiler:

Resident Swap ! That should be interesting to see.

Leatherhead
Jul 3, 2006

For the Angel of Death spread his wings on the blast,
And breathed in the face of the foe as he passed;
And the eyes of the sleepers waxed deadly and chill,
And their hearts but once heaved, and for ever grew still

There's no way Heejun makes it to the end. He's just plotting for no reason now- his team finally won and it should have been an opportunity to lower the tension in his village. But instead he threatened half the players and told everyone a bunch of contradictory lies that can be easily cross-referenced. He saw how everyone reacted badly to Oliver's aggression, then turned around and did the same thing.

MJ still the best, obviously.

Zythrst
May 31, 2011

NOPDONG! Oh and of course MJ. :allears:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=58fHukw4LY0

OMG at the Macgyver theme. :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y22as82r9vw

Zythrst fucked around with this message at 09:07 on Nov 7, 2016

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
During the elimination talks, Seolhwa basically said she'd been sexually assaulted in some way, and it broke my heart. It was nice of the editing to leave it in I think, but it speaks strongly to Korean/East Asian culture and the strength of their gender disparities relative to the west. Tokyo has female-only subway cars during rush hour, for crying out loud. As for Korea, I've read up a bit on the assumption that girls are to "trust oppa" and just... yeah. I'm not sure what I'm trying to say here, but you could see the pain in her face when she put her emilination preference in those terms, had to vouch for a girl hitting the road anyway, and as slimy as Sangguk strikes me it was decent of him to throw her that bone. Hopefully it was more human than conniving, but in Korean Genius-Survivor, who even knows.

Go go gadget MJ, as always <3

dungtongue
Jan 8, 2014

Propaganda Machine posted:

During the elimination talks, Seolhwa basically said she'd been sexually assaulted in some way, and it broke my heart. It was nice of the editing to leave it in I think, but it speaks strongly to Korean/East Asian culture and the strength of their gender disparities relative to the west. Tokyo has female-only subway cars during rush hour, for crying out loud. As for Korea, I've read up a bit on the assumption that girls are to "trust oppa" and just... yeah. I'm not sure what I'm trying to say here, but you could see the pain in her face when she put her emilination preference in those terms, had to vouch for a girl hitting the road anyway, and as slimy as Sangguk strikes me it was decent of him to throw her that bone. Hopefully it was more human than conniving, but in Korean Genius-Survivor, who even knows.

Go go gadget MJ, as always <3

It seemed to be more about age than gender though. It could have been hazing or bullying too which can get pretty severe in Korean schools especially for something like ballet.

dungtongue fucked around with this message at 10:08 on Nov 7, 2016

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

dungtongue posted:

It seemed to be more about age than gender though. It could have been hazing or bullying too which can get pretty severe in Korean schools especially for something like ballet.

It was more about the way she said it. She had to take a pause and phrase her words very carefully. You might be right, and I guess I hope you are, but I feel like if it was along the lines of hazing/bullying she might have been able to be more clear or specific about it. She also did specify oppas rather than...isn't there a more generic word for elders? So it implies the older men.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

her word choice and the camera framing definitely made me think older men. it was rather unexpectedly heavy

on a somewhat lighter (?) note, the 3 year married guy's adam's apple is way too big. its disturbing to see

Exercu
Dec 7, 2009

EAT WELL, SLEEP WELL, SHIT WELL! THERE'S YOUR ANSWER!!

EmmyOk posted:

Also watching Crime Scene S01E09 and my current theory is if Jiyoon and Jinho suspect the same person then they are guilty if they do not suspect the same person one of them is guilty.

This is very often the case, yes. They're both so good at detectiving that if they don't agree, it's usually because one of them has an ulterior motive.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Chainsawdomy posted:

There's no way Heejun makes it to the end. He's just plotting for no reason now- his team finally won and it should have been an opportunity to lower the tension in his village. But instead he threatened half the players and told everyone a bunch of contradictory lies that can be easily cross-referenced. He saw how everyone reacted badly to Oliver's aggression, then turned around and did the same thing.

Yeah I had the same take on that. Everyone was ready to see Oliver go and Heejun just starts overplaying.

As for Sangguk, leader of the dictator society, he's playing it so extremely fair and offering so many conciliatory gestures, I really wonder if he might be able to hold on, or if his own side and Asol might turn on him. Because to be fair to people/hook up with the leader of the other side he's talking about voluntarily dissolving his own alliance, so that everyone in the society will have a fighting chance?? I thought this elimination was a nice move too to show he's respecting Seolhwa's input.

Fast Luck fucked around with this message at 04:45 on Nov 8, 2016

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

This episode was really boring, the show is spending way too much airtime showing the infighting that goes nowhere.

Anaconda Rifle
Mar 23, 2007

Yam Slacker

MiddleOne posted:

This episode was really boring, the show is spending way too much airtime showing the infighting that goes nowhere.

They have to fill 75 minutes and the games themselves aren't that compelling.

Zythrst
May 31, 2011

Anaconda Rifle posted:

I thought the first game was really cool.

Arcanen
Dec 19, 2005

Anaconda Rifle posted:

The physical and "dexterity" (i.e. ring toss, jesus they need to find another dexterity game) games really show the limited budget of the show in comparison to stuff like big brother and Survivor, which was always sort of hidden and/or not an issue with the mental games of the Genius.

I think the comparison to the Genius hurts the show a lot, for the above reason, and because the meta-game is basically a single Genius main round that's going to be stretched over months of air time.

Elite
Oct 30, 2010
Dailymotion really liked messing me about with Society Game episode 3 part 2 and decided to show me the same 30 second advert about 7 or 8 times. I don't think I've seen adds on other Genius/Society game vids but this one was plagued with them. Well I didn't become a nascar driver in literally the last 5 minutes, so no performance tyres still aren't relevant to my purchasing habits.

Anyway, people have any theories on what the leader messages mean? They don't seem to relate to the main match of the day at all, so I'm wondering if they're hints for the final contest (seems like this could only relate to the mental contest though, and both villages are getting very different clues) or there could be a secret hidden somewhere in the area.

Ditocoaf posted:

I like how they had a different strength game and mental game beteeen the team-choosing and human janggi, but dexterity was still ring-toss. I hope the entire show, thry keep having a "dexterity" category that always just means ring toss. Ring Toss is one of the three main categories of human potential.

This post is looking strangely prescient now.

Xerol
Jan 13, 2007

Elite posted:

Dailymotion really liked messing me about with Society Game episode 3 part 2 and decided to show me the same 30 second advert about 7 or 8 times. I don't think I've seen adds on other Genius/Society game vids but this one was plagued with them. Well I didn't become a nascar driver in literally the last 5 minutes, so no performance tyres still aren't relevant to my purchasing habits.

http://savevideo.me/ has worked really well for me.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Watching The Genius S04E05 now, the numbers in a row game.

Junseok: " Boys, wouldn't it be fecking mad if the numbers we got were pi!"

Kyunghoon: "I got 1415"

Me and the rest of the cast:

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Oh, this episode.

Anaconda Rifle
Mar 23, 2007

Yam Slacker

Max posted:

Oh, this episode.

Just what I was thinking.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Assuming it just plays out as expected from Jungmoon revealing she knows the digits of Pi then the blame is with the producers imo. That the game was effectively over if anyone knew the pattern is a fault on their part because clearly the idea was that someone would figure it out and with Pi that is much more likely to happen right at the start of the sequence. Either the game should have more rules to prevent the game being over if you could work out all the numbers or have a pattern that had to be cracked rather than a pre-existing sequence. Jungmoon knowing Pi seems to be what they anticipated but completely broke the game.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
It's not just my thing for women with powerful builds and personalities that ooze of respect talking when I say hope that MJ gets invites to other shows after this. She needs to rip some nametags.

Manic X
Jul 1, 2015

:britain:

Elite posted:

Anyway, people have any theories on what the leader messages mean? They don't seem to relate to the main match of the day at all, so I'm wondering if they're hints for the final contest (seems like this could only relate to the mental contest though, and both villages are getting very different clues) or there could be a secret hidden somewhere in the area.

This post is looking strangely prescient now.

Use KshowOnline for society game. Good quality and I have had no ads.
That Seohla (spelt wrong probably) conversation with her alliance got me in the feels.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Elite posted:

Adblock plus has been a thing for forever, it takes 5 minutes.