Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

I like how Bakugou currently does and has always felt inferior to Deku because of the latter's inherent virtue. Bakugou was just as smart if not smarter, and very much superior in every other way, but there's been flashbacks of Deku being super kind and compassionate even as a little kid. Bakugou just can't handle the fact that Deku is a ton closer to the platonic ideal of a Hero (pure, selfless, etc.) than he himself is. Good characterization!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
I don't think he ever felt inferior just that Deku was looking down on him, or viewing himself as his equal. Which he hated because of his inflated ego and the fact Deku was quirkless and Bakugou thought he was much better.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
Yeah, I think he's juuust starting to put things together. He hasn't yelled at Deku ever since Kamino.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

A special winter visual for you, my friends.

Edit: God, this looks like an ad for a new Snowboard Kids game.

Wittgen
Oct 13, 2012

We have decided to decline your offer of a butt kicking.

Waffleman_ posted:

That would be a great game.

Charako could catch mad air.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

bakugou looking to start an avalanche I see

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Aizawa though.

Is that fanart or some promo from the Anime/merch?

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Vengarr posted:

Yeah, I think he's juuust starting to put things together. He hasn't yelled at Deku ever since Kamino.

Honestly, since the whole kidnapping incident Bakugou's been a really decent dude, if still a bit of an angry rear end in a top hat. He hasn't really exploded at anyone, he pretty much figured out Deku and All Might's connection but didn't attack Deku about it or even get that mad (more contemplative really). He's also showing himself to be a pretty good friend to Kirishima, and in the test it almost seemed like he made a second friend in Kaminari.

Dude's growing up. :unsmith:

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Waffleman_ posted:

Putting the Doreimi/Heartcatch dood on this was SO the right decision.

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

Waffleman_ posted:

if he he's combusting his sweat how does he

A.) hold it as a fireball

B.) do it through his glove?

also his power just really fuckin bugs me in general

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

he has a hole in the palm of his glove and his hand is sweating profusely

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Its a balled up old gym sock

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Waffleman_ posted:

yeah I was going to say that

man I miss snowboard kids. that first one was reaaaaaal good.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

http://mangastream.com/r/my_hero_academia/116/3813/1

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
Unexpectedly not poo poo art at the end.

Froppy is great.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

the gently caress is this

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I love that All Might's contact name for Deku on his phone is "Young Midoriya". :3:

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Charge your phone all might :colbert:

(Youd think theyd have better than 3g by then huh)

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Ururaka Obratzko

Edit: Bakugou is being so restrained in that last page, it's kind of scary.

Green Intern fucked around with this message at 17:20 on Nov 17, 2016

AndwhatIseeisme
Mar 30, 2010

Being alive is pretty much a constant stream of embarrassment.
Fun Shoe

Rigged Death Trap posted:

I'm just impressed that he's using a smart phone at all, since Japan been pretty slow to make the switch from old flip phones. Most of the time when a character in anime or manga is using a phone, it seems like it's a relic from the old days of the early aughts.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Not especially surprising considering Horikoshi's america fanboyism.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.

AndwhatIseeisme posted:

I'm just impressed that he's using a smart phone at all, since Japan been pretty slow to make the switch from old flip phones. Most of the time when a character in anime or manga is using a phone, it seems like it's a relic from the old days of the early aughts.

Actually, from what I've seen most recent manga seem to show the progressive switch to smartphones. Sure, there are some flip phones there, and some don't show smartphones just because the flip phones are more familiar in the cultural conscious (conscience?), but look again at most recent works that show people in major cities. Most of 'em have smartphones.

One that I just read yesterday, Onideka (it's really cute, check it out) shows everyone checking their smartphone, and the big dumb guy still has a flip phone. It's an interesting / humorous thing to notice.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

AndwhatIseeisme posted:

This hasn't been true since like 2012.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Yeah, just about everyone has a smart phone nowadays. About 60% of people will be using one at any given time whether they're walking or not.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
And when somone IS using a flip phone in a current series, almost invariably someone remarks about it being archaic. Smartphones are big in Japan now.

also yes, Onideka rules. The latest chapter against the giant kung-fu maid in the middle of Akihabara was great, a shame it comes out so slowly though.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.

Rigged Death Trap posted:

All for One and his ilk's dark reign of evil really hosed world progress up. I'm surprised they aren't using betamax.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

I Love All Might

Almost as much as I love Bakugou

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
I just hope next issue isn't All Night's funeral after getting Hollywood t-boned.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Terper posted:

I Love All Might

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

Being Uvrity is suffering.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

Character designs for the new Disney Channel show.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

This loving edgelord has a DARK t-shirt

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

*scribbles on the shirt so it reads DORK instead*

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?
Bird boy is the best boy.

KoB
May 1, 2009

Mulderman posted:

Bird boy is the best boy.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
I've said it before, but I love All-Might's weakened character design. He looks so geometric.

GimmickMan
Dec 27, 2011

I like the insight we got into AfO's psyche. He's no ideologue, his quest to become the symbol of evil is just an elaborate way to get his revenge on All Might. His dreams are crushed but he can still destroy all that Toshinori has built, so he'll earn the respect and admiration of all the other villains and be the best drat symbol of evil there ever was.

Horikoshi put some serious thought into making AfO, an absurdly overpowered antagonist with a cartoonish goal, work as a character in this story.

GimmickMan fucked around with this message at 22:29 on Nov 17, 2016

JD
Jan 11, 2003
Bakugou's next line: "hand it over."

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
I do like that even though this is a scenario where the good guys have already won and it's really how far backwards the world slides, things just seem so grim. After all, it was just one generation back when the world was a wreck controlled by villains.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer

Captain Invictus posted:

also yes, Onideka rules. The latest chapter against the giant kung-fu maid in the middle of Akihabara was great, a shame it comes out so slowly though.
According to the comments, the translator works on it via commission, meaning each chapter was the result of cold hard cashola changing hands.

So if you really wanna see more, y'know... you have the power.