Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

MG AGE-3 Orbital :getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Broken Loose posted:

Sniper K9, more than likely.

But the real answer is MG Origin Gundam ver. Casval Deikun.

What kind of sick puppy "wouldn't be happy" with an MG Sniper K9

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
If it's really a February MG, we'll find out about it later today at the Gunpla World Expo.

It's probably why Derringer even dropped his hint. He did the same thing for the Hi Res Barbatos.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

I'm going to be putting together/painting my first gunpla models. According to the english color guides:

http://www.mech9.com/2016/08/hg-freedom-gundam-construction-manual.html

http://www.mech9.com/2010/11/hguc-ms-07b-c-gouf-custom-color-guide.html

They'll need a "monza red", light blue and orange yellow. I pretty much need to use acrylic since I'm in an apartment for now, and I can' t find anywhere to buy aqueous Mr Color in the USA, so I'm using Tamiya and Vallejo like I use on the historical scale models I make which don't have those three colors as matches that I can find on any color chart. I'm not real worried about the monza red - is that pretty much Ferrari red? However, is there going to be a better color than just mixing blue and white for the light blue, and orange and yellow for the orange yellow that I could buy in another acrylic brand I'm not thinking of?

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

TARDISman posted:

MG AGE-3 Orbital :getin:
I'd actually buy the gently caress out of that. :getin:

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Neddy Seagoon posted:

MG Woundwort.

MG G-Saviour :kheldragar:

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Mr E posted:

I'm going to be putting together/painting my first gunpla models. According to the english color guides:

http://www.mech9.com/2016/08/hg-freedom-gundam-construction-manual.html

http://www.mech9.com/2010/11/hguc-ms-07b-c-gouf-custom-color-guide.html

They'll need a "monza red", light blue and orange yellow. I pretty much need to use acrylic since I'm in an apartment for now, and I can' t find anywhere to buy aqueous Mr Color in the USA, so I'm using Tamiya and Vallejo like I use on the historical scale models I make which don't have those three colors as matches that I can find on any color chart. I'm not real worried about the monza red - is that pretty much Ferrari red? However, is there going to be a better color than just mixing blue and white for the light blue, and orange and yellow for the orange yellow that I could buy in another acrylic brand I'm not thinking of?

color matching isnt that important IMO, it only needs to look close enough. Mr color Monza red is very close to ferrari red for vallejo, needs less orange.
Vallejo matches most of the mr color line and tamiya matches all of mr color. You may have to use model game color.
Reaper will also have matching paints to mr color

http://intscalemodeller.com/viewtopic.php?t=9 here are your color matching charts for tamiya and vallejo

this app too
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.pulgadas.hobbycolorconverter&hl=en

Fauxtool fucked around with this message at 16:49 on Nov 18, 2016

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Fauxtool posted:

color matching isnt that important IMO, it only needs to look close enough. Mr color Monza red is very close to ferrari red for vallejo, needs less orange.
Vallejo matches most of the mr color line and tamiya matches all of mr color. You may have to use model game color.
Reaper will also have matching paints to mr color

http://intscalemodeller.com/viewtopic.php?t=9 here are your color matching charts for tamiya and vallejo

this app too
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.pulgadas.hobbycolorconverter&hl=en

I kinda figured that matching exactly wasn't as important as when I'm making a historical model. Thanks for those links!

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン

Bimmi posted:

This is the only (realistic) guess so far that might actually make people mad.

Derringer's a weird cat, though. I think he sometimes says things just to stir poo poo up.

having known him from the old /m/ irc he's just kind of a goofy ding dong, i don't think he tries to make waves for the hell of it

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

well at the very least we'll be getting a new mg... right?

Lines not dead guys :suicide:.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Monaghan posted:

well at the very least we'll be getting a new mg... right?

Lines not dead guys :suicide:.

Didn't the Thunderbolt Gundam come out pretty recently?

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Guy Goodbody posted:

Didn't the Thunderbolt Gundam come out pretty recently?

It came out in july :(

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Yeah, but its counterpart, the Psyco Zaku, is coming out right around now.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
:siren: :siren: :siren:
MG petittguy.
I can totally see that being made.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

petitguy
PetitGuy
PG
PG petitguy

IT ALL MAKES SENSE NOW :tinfoil:

PaintVagrant
Apr 13, 2007

~ the ultimate driving machine ~
Just got a MG Buster and an MG MSN-06S Sinaju for my birthday. Pretty god damned stoked.

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
if you guys think it's gonna be anything other than a recolor you're gonna be disappointed

EVGA Longoria
Dec 25, 2005

Let's go exploring!

Just bought my first 2 RGs (Wing Gundam and 00 Raiser), what did I get myself into?

Yawgmoft
Nov 15, 2004
I continue to hold out for a Kampher 2.0 or ver Ka

Mad Lupine
Feb 18, 2011

all the things you said
running through my head

Yawgmoft posted:

I continue to hold out for a Kampher 2.0 or ver Ka

Same but with shinning/god Gundam.

:negative:

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

EVGA Longoria posted:

Just bought my first 2 RGs (Wing Gundam and 00 Raiser), what did I get myself into?

The 00 rg suits are really good. Can't speak for the wing but I can guess that it's design will make it a fragile beast.

The Muffinlord
Mar 3, 2007

newbid stupie?
Honestly I'm baffled there's never been a Gouf Custom 2.0 considering there's a 2.0 of the original version. Or, for that matter, any RX-79[G] 2.0 kit.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
There need to be more grunt RG kits. A gm grunt would be hilariously over engineered at that scale and detail.

PaintVagrant
Apr 13, 2007

Painted a retro g-cannon guy. Just did some airbrush shading and lining on the bare plastic. Needs some more details but it's prob 80% done.

The Muffinlord
Mar 3, 2007

newbid stupie?
Pretty badass. They should so some silhouette formula MG kits already.

Caitlin
Aug 18, 2006

When I die, if there is a heaven, I will spend eternity rolling around with a pile of kittens.
If you're gonna go that far with painting consider putty to hide the seam lines and priming.

PaintVagrant
Apr 13, 2007

Caitlin posted:

If you're gonna go that far with painting consider putty to hide the seam lines and priming.

I prob will on MGs, I dont give that many fucks about a 15 dollar kit though.

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -
Most HGs are in the $15 range. Have some respect for yourself; have some respect for your gunpla.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
The HGUC Sazabi looks nice, but the MG Ver. Ka Sazabi looks so damned incredible that I have to base looks against common sense pricing.

Quad
Dec 31, 2007

I've seen pogs you people wouldn't believe
So for you painting people...

How does it work? Like what is the physical process behind mixing paint colors to get whatever shade of something you need?

indy blue 60%, cobalt blue 25%, white 15%
Is there an eyedropper involved, where you have x milliliters of paint that you drop onto a big cartoon palette with a thumb hole in it until you have the correct ratio, then stir it up with a brush? Do people just "wing it"? Why would't Bandai sell specific colors of paint to avoid all this weirdness? Am I overthinking it?

In other news I'm officially half done with the stickers on my RG RX-78, the only thing left is deciphering just how the gently caress I'm expected to make the hands grip things, as there doesn't seem to be any notches/nubs for the gun/shield to click into.

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Broken Loose posted:

Most HGs are in the $15 range. Have some respect for yourself; have some respect for your gunpla.

hes coming from warhams where $15 usually does buy some garbo, cut him some slack

Quad posted:

How does it work? Like what is the physical process behind mixing paint colors to get whatever shade of something you need?

Is there an eyedropper involved, where you have x milliliters of paint that you drop onto a big cartoon palette with a thumb hole in it until you have the correct ratio, then stir it up with a brush? Do people just "wing it"? Why would't Bandai sell specific colors of paint to avoid all this weirdness? Am I overthinking it?

In other news I'm officially half done with the stickers on my RG RX-78, the only thing left is deciphering just how the gently caress I'm expected to make the hands grip things, as there doesn't seem to be any notches/nubs for the gun/shield to click into.

those are the approximate proportions with exact colors. Just use them as guidelines so you dont get in an endless cycle of overcorrecting your colors until you end up with a gallon of brown. No one expects you to color match 100%, its not ww2 miniatures. You get close enough. As long as the 20 greys are different enough it doesnt matter how accurate they are.

no one would fault you for just using the same white for all 3 of those whites. Gundam models are actually big enough to cast their own shadows, that helps alot with making them look good

You could use any paint labelled just "blue" for that blue and it would be fine

Fauxtool fucked around with this message at 02:30 on Nov 19, 2016

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Quad posted:

Is there an eyedropper involved,

If you want, though most people just use disposable pipets.

quote:

where you have x milliliters of paint that you drop onto a big cartoon palette with a thumb hole in it until you have the correct ratio,

You should mix your paint in small jars, actually.

quote:

then stir it up with a brush?

Good lord, no. That both wastes paint and destroys your brush.

quote:

Do people just "wing it"?

If they want. Mr Color isn't a very good paint for that, though, since all of their paints are already mixes of three base colors. Use a different brand if you want to try and get the exact colors on your own.

quote:

Why would't Bandai sell specific colors of paint to avoid all this weirdness?

They do, look up the Gundam Color line. But in Japan paint is dirt loving cheap so it's really not hard to just get all the paints you want.

quote:

Am I overthinking it?

Yes, but everyone does when they first look at the color guide and see how much paint they need to get.

Bandai provides the color guides for people who want to be absolutely exact, or for people curious about how to reproduce that nice shade of color the plastic is. There is no reason you have to follow it.

quote:

Read the manual.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

Quad posted:

Mixing is real tedious, especially for every color you're using. I'd suggest you just go browse Reaper or Privateer Press paints. Reaper Pure White, Clear Blue, Clear Red, and Clear Yellow should cover your primary Gundam RX colors.

mango sentinel fucked around with this message at 02:50 on Nov 19, 2016

Quad
Dec 31, 2007

I've seen pogs you people wouldn't believe

BlitzBlast posted:

Read the manual.

I'm obviously gonna have to keep looking and fiddling, but that's my problem, the manual seems to refer to "slots" that do not exist. :( I'll get there though.

EVGA Longoria
Dec 25, 2005

Let's go exploring!

Arcsquad12 posted:

The 00 rg suits are really good. Can't speak for the wing but I can guess that it's design will make it a fragile beast.

For the wing, the shoulders are basically resting on top, unless I'm missing something.

Other than that it's really solid.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Quad posted:

I'm obviously gonna have to keep looking and fiddling, but that's my problem, the manual seems to refer to "slots" that do not exist. :( I'll get there though.

Are these flip out tabs not on the weapons? RG RX-78-2 was the first to use two part connections for the weapons as far as I know, so if they're not there that's pretty drat weird.

...Do you have a bootleg?

Caitlin
Aug 18, 2006

When I die, if there is a heaven, I will spend eternity rolling around with a pile of kittens.
Entirely possible he clipped it off a sprue yanno.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Well I'd like to assume he didn't somehow miss entire parts.

EDIT: Looking it up, oh hey the RG only had flip out tabs that fit into the hands. I guess two part connections didn't come until later.

BlitzBlast fucked around with this message at 04:02 on Nov 19, 2016

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

BlitzBlast posted:

Well I'd like to assume he didn't somehow miss entire parts.

Do you think he's lying?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Guy Goodbody posted:

Do you think he's lying?

First rule of solving a problem blind; Make sure the basics have been covered.