Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

You clearly don't understand game development

So, 2.6 is with the Evocati right?

e: evo catte tax

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

whatcha workin' on today?

oh, you know, content

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

oof i don't get this front end refactored in two months, old man roberts is gonna have my head!!!

Oleyo
Mar 28, 2016

IncredibleIgloo posted:

As an aside, there is not a loving eye roll big enough when I see someone use the phrase "My sweet Summer child"

EDIT: Gotta pay the tax!

Don't you know that quoting Game of Thrones instantly makes one a wizened and savvy politico, rivaled only by Machiavelli himself?

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Raskolnikov posted:

If you're going to erotic role play, please keep it on the Arc hardcore server. :colbert:

It crashed after I tried removing my pants and the game couldn't render my junk, so we're here instead.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

ripptide posted:

Does anyone ever really want to do MoMA?

:heysexy:

He's not who he says he is, so he may actually be a 34 yo Norwegian woman :pray:

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Palindromes are cool

jaegerx
Sep 10, 2012

Maybe this post will get me on your ignore list!

I'm telling my boss my next project is "code". Hopefully that gets me a free pass until January

IncredibleIgloo
Feb 17, 2011

jaegerx posted:

I'm telling my boss my next project is "code". Hopefully that gets me a free pass until January

In January start on Code 2.0

Oleyo
Mar 28, 2016

someone posted:

I've been on the internet since 93-94, back in 3rd or 4th grade. Out of all the things I have ever read on the internet, this is the most complete and total destruction of someone online that I have ever seen. It is a Platonic ideal somehow given shape and form. I feel like adulation, praise and claims of perfection are overused these days, but I sincerely mean it when I say that this is the best post I have ever seen on the internet. Thank you Derek Smart.

the warlord posted:

heh. I can't take all the credit. Even though I already had my info, most of the non-doxing public material was tracked by others (e.g. AP) due to Deloria's historically hilarious incompetence and braggadocios claims . Apparently he's used to scamming neckbeards who jack off to anime. Which is why Goons saw right through the scam (kinda like Star Citizen) the minute I yelled WHOA!! THAT'S A DUDE!.

I had heard the rumors.

Tales of the lamentation of widowed women. Of battle joined and vindication sought and seized through sheer force of will... But seeing the warlord roused in righteous remonstration was all that I hoped for and more.

Although, a part of me laughed to think of the grown men scammed into giving hundreds of dollars to what they surely thought was an underage girl, because, you know, that's cool and good.

e: I messed up the quoted post somehow... you all read it, don't judge me!

Oleyo fucked around with this message at 06:23 on Nov 20, 2016

jaegerx
Sep 10, 2012

Maybe this post will get me on your ignore list!

IncredibleIgloo posted:

In January start on Code 2.0

Don't be silly. I gotta wait for my review then announce code 2.0 providing he gives me a raise.

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

ComfyPants posted:

In 2946, the only thing with more blades than that will be a Schick razor.

It reminded me of Nell.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
The Prowler is the perfect example of everything that is wrong with Star Citizen.

Conceptually it requires the development of gameplay in the form of ground based assaults. This is not a boarding craft; it's declared to be a full blown drop drop ship meant for planet side use. You know the game PlanetSide? The full blown MMO? Yeah CIG is now doing that. CIG first started with the drop ship nonsense with the Retaliator module (what a disaster that ship has turned into), but this is a full blown dedicated ship.

The Prowler also imposes a significant burden on the art team, who now have to come up with an entirely alien style (not to mention actual aliens). New art, new language, new lore, etc. All for something that seems to be a one-off that most people won't really use because of how specialized it is.

Plus there's the whole special feature that they don't have any actual plan for. Five years and $130 million and they don't have a plan for a ship they are charging $400 for. And people are okay with this!

And of course the part that reflects Star Citizen perfectly? Because people are paying fit they actually have to do all this stuff.

Beer4TheBeerGod fucked around with this message at 06:50 on Nov 20, 2016

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

jaegerx posted:

gotta tell him/her that it's the best drat code ever.

That'll buy you two years of Star Marine-ing it at least.

TheLightPurges
Sep 24, 2016

by exmarx
Boss just give me another few days I'm almost done with "Science".

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

every so often we are reminded why derek is considered a warlord.

star citizen loyalists, fake nordic girls and coke machines - beware

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

CIG first started with the drop ship nonsense with the Retaliator module (what a disaster that ship has turned into), but this is a full blown dedicated ship.

Moment of drunken honesty here: the way they turned the Retaliator into total and complete dogshit was the catalyst for my disappointment, my account here, and ultimately my refund.

They really poo poo the bed with that one.

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

MeLKoR posted:

Are you in the Sea Org? How was the coast of Italy? Do they play tapes of Chris talking about his Hollywood days on loudspeakers?

Stop being such a suppressive person. You're going to give yourself an engram if you keep that up.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Beet Wagon posted:

Moment of drunken honesty here: the way they turned the Retaliator into total and complete dogshit was the catalyst for my disappointment, my account here, and ultimately my refund.

Yeah I had that and the loving Cutlass. No wonder I'm so bitter.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Yeah I had that and the loving Cutlass. No wonder I'm so bitter.

Kelly had the Cutlass and the Merchantman and a 325A. Think about that for a second. One ship was total loving garbage, one you clipped through the ceiling no matter what you did, and one STILL DOESN'T loving EXIST IN A FINAL CONCEPT FORM.

At least my Retaliator got made, as garbage as it was. Same with my Starfarer....

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Th[/i]e Prowler is the perfect example of everything that is wrong with Star Citizen.

Conceptually it requires the development of gameplay in the form of ground based assaults. This is not a boarding craft; it's declared to be a full blown drop drop ship meant for planet side use. You know the game PlanetSide? The full blown MMO? Yeah CIG is now doing that. CIG first started with the drop ship nonsense with the Retaliator module (what a disaster that ship has turned into), but this is a full blown dedicated ship.

The Prowler also imposes a significant burden on the art team, who now have to come up with an entirely alien style (not to mention actual aliens). New art, new language, new lore, etc. All for something that seems to be a one-off that most people won't really use because of how specialized it is.

Plus there's the whole special feature that they don't have any actual plan for. Five years and $130 million and they don't have a plan for a ship they are charging $400 for. And people are okay with this!

And of course the part that reflects Star Citizen perfectly? Because people are paying fit they actually have to do all this stuff.

Not to mention the fact that you need a capital ship/carrier just to get this thing to a planet to drop down to. Let alone the game mechanic that would provide motivation to even do this in the first place. After that, we can discuss crew. This is the kind of thing that I hope that when this whole thing comes to a screeching halt, that they nail Chris to the wall over.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

DapperDon posted:

Not to mention the fact that you need a capital ship/carrier just to get this thing to a planet to drop down to. Let alone the game mechanic that would provide motivation to even do this in the first place. After that, we can discuss crew. This is the kind of thing that I hope that when this whole thing comes to a screeching halt, that they nail Chris to the wall over.

Wait it doesn't have a jump drive?

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

Beet Wagon posted:

I think the turning point for me was that they made it pretty before they made a stable game. I haven't gotten a refund because I accepted the TOS and I don't think I am eligible for one because I did. There is just nothing redeemable about this concept of a game now. But what do I know? I don't understand game development.

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Nope.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

Raskolnikov posted:

SAD! ::smugdon: edit:
He's struggling so badly here for anything to say. The music makes everything wonderful.
:reddit: reddit SC cultists, please spend :10bux: and come here so you can own us more. Or spite pledge, that's really a good option. Also it supports the game buggy as gently caress tech demo you love and it really shows Derek "Tranny Chaser" Smart just how wrong he is!

So there is no gravity?

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/pledge/ships/prowler/Esperia-Prowler

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Plus there's the whole special feature that they don't have any actual plan for.

Ok, I have some inside info on this one - I have been told what those fold out bits are for but not sure I want to spoil it for you all.

The are fold out wiper blades so you can get a +4 to cap ship window cleaning when not invading planets. You can now choose another profession, ship window washer, like the guy at the traffic lights. :lesnick: :boom: :sandance:

Chin
Dec 12, 2005

GET LOST 2013
-RALPH
"Papa" Dolvak is drunk and talking to some dumb guy with red glasses on https://www.twitch.tv/grayheadedgamer and it is pretty funny.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

DapperDon posted:

I think the turning point for me was that they made it pretty before they made a stable game. I haven't gotten a refund because I accepted the TOS and I don't think I am eligible for one because I did. There is just nothing redeemable about this concept of a game now. But what do I know? I don't understand game development.

Hey for what it's worth the TOS only applies to new purchases not old ones. I accepted the gently caress out of the new TOS and still got a refund. Your call, but don't think you CAN'T get one.

HycoCam
Jul 14, 2016

You should have backed Transverse!

DapperDon posted:

What Beet said--you can get a refund. You just need to ask and then confirm. Has been taking 4 to 5 days. Even if you were bound to the new TOS it is crap and worthless.

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

Beet Wagon posted:

Hey for what it's worth the TOS only applies to new purchases not old ones. I accepted the gently caress out of the new TOS and still got a refund. Your call, but don't think you CAN'T get one.

Seriously? I didn't know that. How do I start the process?

Look! A Horse!
Feb 10, 2010
can someone go over what went wrong with the retaliator module?

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.
goddamn is that roadmap/timeline completely worthless, it goes, what, 3 weeks into the future? For a game that's probably three YEARS from legit release? CHRIS, NOT EVERYTHING TAKES WEEKS, SOME THINGS ACTUALLY DO TAKE MONTHS OR YEARS

nawledgelambo
Nov 8, 2016

Immersion chariot

DapperDon posted:

http://gameranx.com/updates/id/65926/article/how-to-get-a-refund-in-star-citizen/

This I'm pretty sure is still pretty accurate on the steps, good luck homie.

HycoCam
Jul 14, 2016

You should have backed Transverse!

DapperDon posted:

It has gotten very easy lately. Just head to this link: https://robertsspaceindustries.com/contact-us

Choose Refund in the drop down. Write a short blurb about the project and why you want a refund. Horrible community, nothing delivered, picked it. They will send you a response in a day or so saying watch this, cig is great, we love you, support us--just write back a 2nd time that you a still want the refund. Your next email should be along the lines of refund granted and wait a few days. It has been surprisingly painless.

If you have a large account. You'll want to screenshot things and calculate the refund you expect.

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help

Fatkraken posted:

goddamn is that roadmap/timeline completely worthless, it goes, what, 3 weeks into the future? For a game that's probably three YEARS from legit release? CHRIS, NOT EVERYTHING TAKES WEEKS, SOME THINGS ACTUALLY DO TAKE MONTHS OR YEARS

It shows that they know Chris knows nothing about open development or project planning/ management. And it indicates how short term and amateurish is their process.

It's just about showing off whatever they can hack together within the next weeks until next stream/Con event.

At this point anyone who is a developer or has seen a few Gantt charts for big projects must know that this is yet another red flag.

Ofcourse whales and clueless gullible people will point to it as transparency and openness. Ugh.

Someone mentioned that this is not the first time they released such charts... When was the last time? Are those still available from then?

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.

AbstractNapper posted:

It shows that they know Chris knows nothing about open development or project planning/ management. And it indicates how short term and amateurish is their process.

It's just about showing off whatever they can hack together within the next weeks until next stream/Con event.

At this point anyone who is a developer or has seen a few Gantt charts for big projects must know that this is yet another red flag.

Ofcourse whales and clueless gullible people will point to it as transparency and openness. Ugh.

Someone mentioned that this is not the first time they released such charts... When was the last time? Are those still available from then?

I don't know anything about Game Development, but I've done big projects. The development cycle for a game is generally on the order of 2-4 years, which is comparable to the time it takes to complete a PhD. If my PhD supervisor had asked for a complete roadmap of my thesis 6 months after it was due to be delivered, and I'd reeled off a 3 week plan where I only mentioned polishing up the literature review (which I'd already re-written six times) and finishing one chapter for which I'd only started the lab work a week before, I'd probably have been called back the next day to a loving crisis meeting with the department heads to ask if I was really sure I was cut out for research.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
Sounds like the game is coming on nicely

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

I.N.R.I posted:

Sounds like the game is coming on nicely

speaking of nice, how was your last conversation with your parents?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
My parents just came down to visit for over a week, they are doing well. It was very nice to have them here.

• Locked thread