Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?
Star Citizen isn't a game - it's a marketing company whose product is marketing materials for marketing itself. It's literally a crowdfunded crowdfunding platform built to crowdfund itself.

We need to keep giving them money or their ability to collect our money will be compromised.

Star Citizen: We're going to need to work together if we're going to not do this.

Scruffpuff fucked around with this message at 03:26 on Nov 21, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

alf_pogs posted:

the Leonard Skinley Event was something that should be chronicled somewhere. such a good confluence of factors

1. ravane posts itt about how he thinks derek is responding to a troll account he set up
2. derek posting about this guy on twitter
3. ravane and everyone else realising derek has blocked ravane and can't see what they posted
4. hilarity

5. Actually he knew it and was just joking (:rolleyes:)

DogonCrook
Apr 24, 2016

I think my 20 years as hurricane chaser might be a little relevant ive been through more hurricanws than moat shiitty newscasters

Scruffpuff posted:

Star Citizen isn't a game - it's a marketing company whose product is marketing materials for marketing itself. It's literally a crowdfunded crowdfunding platform built to crowdfund itself.

We need to keep giving them money or their ability to collect our money will be compromised.

Star Citizen: We're going to need to work together if we're going to not do this.

They literally stumbled backwards into red bull's business strategy, but they couldn't have picked a dumber product to build it around. It's truly amazing.

Maw
Feb 18, 2013

Mere minutes after discovering the new technology, it was used to send me a crude ASCII dong.

drat Dirty Ape posted:

If you click 'hide child comments' does every comment in the star citizen subreddit disappear?

Haha nice

PhallicPhalanges
Jun 9, 2015

Her navel is all time musky... Bt look at her face... Her face makes my ROD wakes

eonwe posted:

please don't forget to call your parents from time to time, they love you very much.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Decrepus posted:

5. Actually he knew it and was just joking (:rolleyes:)

i forgot, yes, we were all played, the puppet master internet warlord won again

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
I sense a balance has returned to the farce

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Yay, I'm glad it went through!

cupitor
Oct 13, 2016

peter gabriel posted:

So while the dust settled I thought I'd play some SC and make a video :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=223HFmhtOOY

:five: :five: :five: :five: :five:

Propagandist
Oct 23, 2007

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Are they not merciful?

ARE THEY NOT MERCIFUL

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

peter gabriel posted:

These are always a treasure. No need really to take anyone's word for anything with this game - your videos say it all.

ripptide
Jul 28, 2016

Propagandist posted:

Are they not merciful?

ARE THEY NOT MERCIFUL

Hmmmm I dunno, still conflicted. On the one hand, I'm pro-cast iron cooking, so can agree with his position on that. On the other, he has a predilection for grilled beet and goat cheese samiches, so...........

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

ripptide posted:

Hmmmm I dunno, still conflicted. On the one hand, I'm pro-cast iron cooking, so can agree with his position on that. On the other, he has a predilection for grilled beet and goat cheese samiches, so...........

They're good! Why won't anyone believe me :negative:

TheLightPurges
Sep 24, 2016

by exmarx

peter gabriel posted:

The config files....

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Here's the thing about beets

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

They suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuccccckkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012
Tane

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

HairyManling
Jul 20, 2011

No flipping.
Fun Shoe
Fact: People like beets.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

o7

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Oh by the way, I forgot to mention, but literally everyone who I see Taneposting is gonna eat a probie.

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003

no they will not posted:

Tane

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)
It looks like the Tane is on the other Tane.

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003

Beet Wagon posted:

Oh by the way, I forgot to mention, but literally everyone who I see Taneposting is gonna eat a probie.
My previous post will stand because we posted at the same time. This is official no backsies.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Beet Wagon posted:

harsh, but fair

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

Hammerstein posted:

How long until Derek doxxes FAU and creates a long, lawyer-approved rant about FAU being paid by Croberts ?

Derek beat you to the punchline.

thatguy posted:

https://www.reddit.com/r/DerekSmart/comments/5e0dkb/i_am_totally_going_to_out_not_doxx_fau/
Derek is going to prove you love Star Citizen before the day is through. Stay safe commando.

alf_pogs posted:

i forgot, yes, we were all played, the puppet master internet warlord won again

Double reverse cowgirl trolling

ripptide
Jul 28, 2016

HairyManling posted:

Fact: People like beets.

Friggin' beet shill.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Beet Wagon posted:

The tyrant dies and his rule is over. The martyr dies and his rule begins.

Banano
Jan 10, 2005
Soiled Meat

alf_pogs posted:

the Leonard Skinley Event was something that should be chronicled somewhere. such a good confluence of factors

1. ravane posts itt about how he thinks derek is responding to a troll account he set up
2. derek posting about this guy on twitter
3. ravane and everyone else realising derek has blocked ravane and can't see what they posted
4. hilarity

I actually remember where I was for this, parked up just off the edgeware road as it was a slow work day, alternately choking and crying with laughter as I read through each one of Derek's increasingly furious posts, passers by giving me some funny looks.

Highlight of the thread imo

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Banano posted:

I actually remember where I was for this, parked up just off the edgeware road as it was a slow work day, alternately choking and crying with laughter as I read through each one of Derek's increasingly furious posts, passers by giving me some funny looks.

Highlight of the thread imo

definitely one of them. i want to go back and quote all the pertinent posts because it was a whirlwind but :effort:

Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

alf_pogs posted:

definitely one of them. i want to go back and quote all the pertinent posts because it was a whirlwind but :effort:

username:"Ravane" threadid:"3748466"

Not like he posted much else afterwards, what with donating his account to the Space Lowtax.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

D_Smart posted:

Nah, so far only one person in my ignore list for the next two weeks. I tend to disable it once I've gotten over it. Take my nephew Ricky (aka Ravane) for instance. He was blocked for almost three weeks. Then he pulled a daring stunt that forced my hand to unblock.

Ravane posted:

:3: How long I've waited to hear those words, announcing them back in my october blog. :')

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

The Leonard Skinly saga was probably the funniest thing that's ever happened in this thread, I think. It was extremely good.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

D_Smart posted:

It wasn't a Stolen Valor issue. Also, little known fact: I have several family members and friends in the military, and other govt. agencies

Anyway...

Someone posted here a Tweet to Sandi, after one of her stupid-as-poo poo Tweets. A reply was from someone claiming to be a Vietnam vet, congratulating her.

Since it looked suspicious (he referred to Sandi as "young"; which set off all the alarm bells in my chest), I wanted to check to make sure he was in fact a vet *before* I responded to a Tweet he was part of.

Then I checked the Twitter profile and saw clues about "daughters" creating his Twitter account; he's learning etc. At this point, the alarm bells in my torso were already going off.

Next I checked his followers and those he followed

Then I checked his online exposure

At that point, the warning bells on the balls of my feet were already making my legs twitch.

Then I checked the only online dB I know which has these records. It was now behind a paywall. And as I had started to suspect it was a dummy account, I wanted to find out how far down the rabbit hole the conspiracy went. How remarkable would it have been if in fact a dummy account, with adulation (like so many in their feeds) was traced back to them? That's like a Platinum mine of hilarity that's worth at least 50 pages here.

Not wanting to waste money, seeing as I already came to the conclusion that it was a dummy (a troll account didn't occur to me at the time btw) account, I decided to call up someone who does this stuff for a living. Just to make sure.

The results? Confirmed kill.

Then I posted the Tweets here

Then someone made the connection with the Twitter account image by posting an article with that same person's picture on it. And that was additional proof that I was right; and that the account - and the claim of being a war vet - were bogus.

Then someone excerpted a reply showing that some annoying (I too have limits) poo poo, Ravane, who I had blocked (here on SA) weeks back, claimed he was behind the account.

Meanwhile, I was already having an exchange on Twitter with the twerp (that would be Ravane, who foolishly burned a well-seeded troll account) who had chosen - of his own volition - to burn his account by Tweeting nonsensical rubbish to me, which clearly show he was behind a troll account.

The account was now a confirmed troll. Essentially, burned.

During all this, the utterly clueless SpazSpergs camping out in /r/Derek Smart/ were having a field day with self-owning bullshit that you couldn't make up even if you were high, and jacking off on a train to the Sound Of Music audio track.

The End.

ps: Again, something related to Star Citizen, in this case Sandi being trolled, ends up being good for about 25+ pages of unbridled hilarity. BONUS: proving once again that the kind of saps over on /r/Derek Smart/ are the special kind that having been separated from their money, didn't have much to lose in the first place, seeing as they were already senseless morons ripe for the fleecing.

Ravane posted:

I just want to say that leonard was burned after two tweets because Derek had the insatiable need to prove Lenny wasn't a war vet and then decided to call him out on it. Not sure how low-key you can be after that, haha. But sure, blame me Derek. :laugh:

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Goldmine the thread, I'm laughing all over again.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Star Citizen: Confirmed Kill :smuggo:

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

Holy poo poo, this game.

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

Wow, Derek is the king of friendly fire.

Thank you for summarizing, I missed that particular series entirely.

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Star Citizen: Confirmed Kill :smuggo:

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

Beet Wagon posted:

Says the prolific poster of recipes and pets. Get some self awareness you clown.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
derek banned

good

• Locked thread