Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Oleyo
Mar 28, 2016

alphabettitouretti posted:

It's this but the witch is Jeff Bezos and the flying monkeys are Amazon branded drones.

I just watched that last night. I remember how tense it was as a child when the hourglass was falling, and tinman was hacking the door open. WILL HE MAKE IT IN TIME?! THE OUTCOME COULD CHANGE THIS TIME!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

A Neurotic Corncob posted:

why are you never right about anything then?

Explain. I was right about them showing the planetside demo at Gamescom, which included vegetation and fps fighting. I was right about the Polaris and its pricing. Those are just two examples among others.

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

ManofManyAliases posted:

You unequivocally are. You have 0 - zilch - nada proof that you are who you say you are. Not one picture, not one document. You likely read RSI, forums, reddit and other sources to take the best educated guess at something CIG is doing (as do I) and post your bullshit here. Man up and go take a loving photo with 'TheAgent' and today's date at RSI HQ (or your nutsack on Sandi's face), otherwise shut the gently caress up already.

nice try CIG dude, you won't get our man fired

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

ManofManyAliases posted:

You unequivocally are. You have 0 - zilch - nada proof that you are who you say you are. Not one picture, not one document. You likely read RSI, forums, reddit and other sources to take the best educated guess at something CIG is doing (as do I) and post your bullshit here. Man up and go take a loving photo with 'TheAgent' and today's date at RSI HQ (or your nutsack on Sandi's face), otherwise shut the gently caress up already.
lol u mad

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Beet Wagon posted:

I was thinking Legman, actually.

Both in one pic, maybe with Babyhitler in the background giving his blessing?

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003

ManofManyAliases posted:

Do the doxx MoMA.

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016

ManofManyAliases posted:

Woah woah woah, derek being demodded made you all uppity all of a sudden.

TheAgent has made plenty of "predictions" that turn out to be 100% true, and anyone that denies that is being willfully dense. Some of this poo poo is impossible to predict ahead of time. That's what makes the leaks so good, some of them come out of literally nowhere to the people who follow this shitshow all the time.

You obviously either tour the offices and get a sales pitch every now and then or know someone third hand and you get your own self validating, everything is fine attitude from that. The poo poo you say is not only wrong but it's stupid to even say it. You outright denied that Ben said the Vanguard was the last ship that would be added to the PU and made up some bullshit about pipelines meaning the drake dragonfly was totally going to be out in 2016.

Just like you said months ago you expected procedural planets in 2016. So you are either being lied to or the person you are talking to has no idea what they are talking about but in both situations you are an idiot. Tell whatever artist that is giving you information that he probably has no idea what is actually happening if your dumbass opinion is the result of his words.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

ManofManyAliases posted:

:laffo:

Oleyo
Mar 28, 2016

Ash1138 posted:

the way that glass broke was literally worse than duke nukem forever lol

Seriously, with all the dynamic damage work done on ships (and needing to be thrown away, lol) they couldn't whip up some nice glass smash?

Oleyo
Mar 28, 2016

FactsAreUseless posted:

I'm not setting any sort of thread vision. That really is up to the new mods. While I don't think Derek was good, I would have just left him in place if it wasn't for the doxxing.

I thought an IK with experience in the rest of the forums would help better integrate the SC forum, but as I said in QCS, it was a bad time and not a good fit. Already walked it back. It happens.

Can someone help me with IK.... I keep reading inverse kinematics and that 'aint right.

Maw
Feb 18, 2013

Mere minutes after discovering the new technology, it was used to send me a crude ASCII dong.

ManofManyAliases posted:

I'm glad you're still here moma and that Derek's overthrowing didn't make you leave

A Neurotic Corncob
Nov 12, 2016

A light wind swept over the corn, and all nature laughed in the sunshine.

ManofManyAliases posted:

exquisite beltdown.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

ManofManyAliases posted:

this might be your funniest post

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

ManofManyAliases posted:

:trumppop:

Quite the bee in your bonnet today, MoMA. Glad to see you came back swinging lol

Oleyo
Mar 28, 2016

alphabettitouretti posted:

There's a video of star marine from 2014 or 2015 which has nicer glass breaking fx. CIG is actually going in reverse. It's special like that.

Moma: how does this year's star marine compare to the previous two times they've shown it? Which is your fav, 2014, 2015 or 2016?

Don't you understand?? it's worse in the future!

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Sunswipe posted:

*eye twitch*
Lego. Or Lego pieces. "Legos" is like saying "jif" for "gif."

Oops. Don't be triggered friend!

Lego Pieces! :)

Today I am hitting everybody's nerves.

Oleyo
Mar 28, 2016

VideoGames posted:

I pronounce Gif the same way I pronounce Gnu.

Gah-ifff-uh ?

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016
Seriously MoMA it's obvious you either get a smoke and mirror whale's tour because you are a big enough dumbass to plow $12,000 into this dumpster fire or you are getting 2nd / 3rd hand information from someone that has no idea what is actually happening but your stupid rear end trusts them because they are involved with the company.

I'll take the guy that says poo poo that is obviously right, repeatedly, over the $12,000 whale that has been reassured that everything will be perfect with no evidence.

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

CrcleSqreSanchz posted:

However if Star Citizen were a male lover, females would adore Star Citizen.

Because it never comes.

Sounds like hell tbh

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Kinda weird that Toast's getting angry when things are looking comparitively good for CIG. Derek's been demodded (which was the one thing holding them back) and people fell for their bullshit stream enough to actually buy ships. What can be making him so unhappy? Is Sandi out for blood over her latest gif? Sales not high enough to keep the boss in nose candy? Or is it just Toast's turn to muck out the Lesnick?

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

DogonCrook posted:

Also planet coaster is cool. Looks like developing 2 games simultaneously in an engine made from scratch while building a company isn't actually that hard if you are competent at games development.

That loving burns. But you see, SC is like two AAAA games in one. It's a value. You don't understand MLM development.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

ManofManyAliases posted:

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

ManofManyAliases posted:

Yeah he should blow his cover to prove it to you. Amazing plan. You are very cunning.

froody guy
Jun 25, 2013

I decided to download Shart Shittyhead again because I had that itch for sumthin-unprecedent-vaste-scale-never-before-seen and..... this is what 130M murican bux can buy you today

I went all Ivan Drago on it

froody guy fucked around with this message at 22:12 on Nov 21, 2016

Zzr
Oct 6, 2016

Toast seems sad that noone talks to him at work and that he has no idea what is going on.

Gradis
Feb 27, 2016

GAPE APE

ManofManyAliases posted:

he got the last stream right regards to info. and all the other stuff.

Atheist Sunglasses
Jul 26, 2003

All the candy you want. Crotton crandy, crandy apple. I like to go on the best ride first. Name of roller croaster.

ManofManyAliases posted:

nice meltdown

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

drluv posted:

please stop sending me death threats everyone.

I am going to drink you, drink you up! All the way dry, AND in front of the child.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Sunswipe posted:

Kinda weird that Toast's getting angry when things are looking comparitively good for CIG. Derek's been demodded (which was the one thing holding them back) and people fell for their bullshit stream enough to actually buy ships. What can be making him so unhappy? Is Sandi out for blood over her latest gif? Sales not high enough to keep the boss in nose candy? Or is it just Toast's turn to muck out the Lesnick?

Maybe issues with the belt?

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

You know it's interesting, there are definitely at least two streams of leaks out of CIG and they both remind me of how I talk about projects. One is how I talk about stuff to close friends- kind of bitter about stupid management decisions, terrified that the shoddy engineering is going to come back to bite us at the next publish, everybody but me is a flaming incompetent, etc. etc.

The other is how I talk about stuff to people outside my personal circle- projecting confidence, everything's going great, it'll all be done in the next week so shut up and go away and let me get back to work, why yes marketing person I would love to implement the new feature that you just sold without consulting my team!

I think that's pretty typical and neither really gives the full picture- you can't take either one and say that it is, in its' entirety, the picture of what is going on inside a company or project. What I like about theAgent is that he clearly gets both types of feedback, and uses his own judgement to kind of piece together a picture of what's actually going on inside the company that is right more often than not. What I like about MoMA is that he completely disregards the negative stuff, if he gets it at all and isn't just being given the "Outsider" line, and assumes that everything is fantastic. You'd make an excellent middle manager, MoMA.

Inkel
Feb 19, 2004

College Slice

ManofManyAliases posted:

Man up and go take a loving photo with 'TheAgent' and today's date at RSI HQ (or your nutsack on Sandi's face), otherwise shut the gently caress up already.

I'm pretty sure Sandi doesn't have to do that kind of stuff anymore thanks to backers like you, MoMA.

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

The Titanic posted:

Oops. Don't be triggered friend!

Lego Pieces! :)

Today I am hitting everybody's nerves.

Also it's pronounced 'LEH-JOH'.

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k

ripptide posted:

He can only probate cats.

I'm still waiting for my pgabz probate.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

2DCAT posted:

I'm still waiting for my pgabz probate.

I love you too much for that

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

D1E posted:

I disagree.

Beer seems like exactly the same cool, humble, evenhanded person as he was before. Recall that he was the ordinary human being contrasted in that LEVEL article about those loving crazy assholes Chris Roberts and Derek Smart.

Beet however, is handing out probations left and right, and hasn't posted a single picture of Kayak since being modded. I'm not necessarily saying the thread couldn't use some moderation, but it definitely is a change since Derek didn't even know what the mod buttons were for and needed about three months to learn how to change the thread title.

I do think this thread could use some more Kayak. And I must admit, I was a little sad someone else cited my Star Citizen has only been in development since next year for title change and nothing happened. So, erm, yeah. Uhhhh, Samizdata for your next Idiot King!

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016

Inkel posted:

I'm pretty sure Sandi doesn't have to do that kind of stuff anymore thanks to backers like you, MoMA.

:thurman:

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

peter gabriel posted:

Maybe issues with the belt?

Moma needs to refactor his belt pipeline.

Go-Gurt For Dinner
Jul 8, 2013
I think MoMA may have moved away from denial and onto the anger stage.

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

Moma which is your favourite star marine? 2014, 2015 or 2016?

I like 2014 because it has nicer glass and a gravity generator that can be disabled for zero g.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iron buns
Jan 12, 2016

Atrayonis posted:

So, most of the time, posters here like to laugh at backers who circle around in their own pond at /r/starcitizen or /r/DerekSmart.

However, the larger impact of Star Citizen is not recognized. Namely, both the idea that actually released games somehow don't count, and that you can just ask for refunds if you don't like the thing you bought. Both, notably, existing in the Elite: Dangerous community.
The thread about concerned citizen alone is mostly concerned with people who stay in their own little echo chamber, and not people like u_r_s_u_s or Devari who have gone on the attack path.

For one thing you have the claim that Frontier is misappropriating they money they got from people who bought Elite, because that money is nebulously tied to Elite, and is not to be used in any other way: https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php/289769-Is-Elite-worth-the-60-million-USD-that-players-have-paid-for-it-so-far

On the other hand, you have this weird notion that you can just un-buy things you bought in full or total.

https://www.reddit.com/r/EliteDangerous/comments/5d20y0/my_request_of_partial_refund_got_denied/

Tl;dr: Guy bought a lifetime pass in 2014, has played for 170 hours, but thinks updates aren't coming out fast enough, season 3 might never come out, and there's just too many complaints about the game, asks Reddit about a chargeback because RSI refunded him and Frontier didn't. Doesn't get the difference between buying a game and "investing" into a "pledge".

Predictably, non-sc redditors laugh at him, which produces this gem:

The large impact that Star Citizen might have is not the death of crowd funding after all, but the blurring between "buying" and "investing" and the ridiculous entitlement that comes with it.

Pledging, donating, purchasing and investing have become nearly synonymous in the minds of the most ardent backers. While they usually try to defend CIG's predatory sales tactics by claiming their purchases were just pledges, apparently it works the other way around too.

• Locked thread