Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer

TheLightPurges posted:

You an evocati?
unless they plugged the shared evocati accounts, I sure am

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

ManofManyAliases posted:

I mean, technically speaking 2.6 will be released.

MVP! MVP! MVP!

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

TheAgent posted:

unless they plugged the shared evocati accounts, I sure am

Sirens going off at offices across the globe alerting staff to detect the account.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Colostomy Bag posted:

Sirens going off at offices across the globe alerting staff to detect the account.
the account credentials are still ok so either its access has been revoked or its with the super secret evocati (basically streamers n f&f)

nawledgelambo
Nov 8, 2016

Immersion chariot
can you at least come back tonight and blink twice if it's as god awful as were expecting it to be?

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

TheAgent posted:

the account credentials are still ok so either its access has been revoked or its with the super secret evocati (basically streamers n f&f)

Do they exclude WTFsoreass from that group? Is that why he is so mad?

Nancy
Nov 23, 2005

Young Orc

ManofManyAliases posted:

What can I say. It is, in fact, live for evocati and has already been mentioned by another goonie.

Post ya proof bruv

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer

nawledgelambo posted:

can you at least come back tonight and blink twice if it's as god awful as were expecting it to be?
if it hits the servers today for the large evocati pool expect a lotta leaks

MedicineHut
Feb 25, 2016

ManofManyAliases posted:

What can I say. It is, in fact, live for evocati and has already been mentioned by another goonie.

Lol, Toast, I just mentioned an alleged source saying something about tonight... You realize that if evocati dont get any build tonight I WILL play the puppet master card, for reals. Sadly, that would probably mean you are in fact not Toast.

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

Charles Get-Out posted:

Post ya proof bruv

No. Wording, pictures, etc are all monitored.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

TheAgent posted:

Yeah, expect a lot of memory leaks.

HycoCam
Jul 14, 2016

You should have backed Transverse!

ManofManyAliases posted:

I mean, technically speaking 2.6 will be released.
Real quick, Star Citizen is:

- A rich universe focused on epic space adventure, trading and dogfighting in first person.
- Single Player – Offline or Online(Drop in / Drop out co-op play)
- Persistent Universe (hosted by US)
- Mod-able multiplayer (hosted by YOU)
- No Subscriptions
- No Pay to Win

Locked behind a paywall is not releasing the patch. Can't think of any game company that considers code on their test server as a release. Not even SW:TOR. (At least BioWare is upfront about initially releasing only for subscribers as part of their F2P model.)

aleksendr
May 14, 2014
They will probably have a month of weeky builds for the avocados to test, then release it on Test, then another month of weekly build for it to be half playable. This will be interesting, as this would place 2.6 in the Feb-May stretch where normally nothting happen and funding dry up. 3.0 for E3 2017 with a "Soon" for SQ 42?

Also why are we still in the first star system after 4 years ? I mean for a game supposed to have 100 of them they sure are waiting a long time to implement this.

A large farva
Sep 5, 2006

Ramrod XTreme

TheAgent posted:

and by leaks you mean geysers of memory spewing everywhere.

e.f.b

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Charles Get-Out posted:

Post ya proof bruv

That's not how Star Citizen works, you're supposed to prove that it's not happening :colbert:

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

How many ships are flyable vs how many have been sold?

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
[You previously mentioned a puzzle style mission system where each puzzle is hand crafted such as pirates needing to be killed, cargo transported, leading to the entire economy being affected. Will it be cut and dry, kill pirates, find the wine, loot it? If so how is it going? If not, what's planned?]

There's your generic mission lines that while they're awesome, once you've done it, you've seen it all. Tony's logic is everything around you can be a mission in a way. If you're on a planet with a refinery and there's an asteroid belt nearby, you'll see freighters going to and from that belt, and you can help or you could destroy or board some of those freighters, loot them.

• For some, that's amazing. Now imagine you're responding to a distress beacon and you disable the pirate ship. You then board the ship and look through the computer and find some small information about the pirate organisations base and now you go and find some more pirates to gather more information and then eventually it leads to the base where someone may need to be rescued there and you can trade a pirate hostage for them or etc.
  • There is a point where some things will become similar, but the "virtual thread" you can pull from scenarios like this can take you in an array of directions so you may think a mission will go one way, ends up going in a completely different direction or takes you down a path that's quite intense.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
I hope there's some sort of justification for why some NPC's would remember you. The verse is a big place, and there will be a lot of traffic in various areas. That somebody would remember an individual who passed through would be shocking. They'd need a memory augment or quick access to a database or something.

I also hope that we don't have single quest givers, like somebody that tons of people are trying to meet. I hope we instead have very similar quests that can be assigned by like 10 different NPC's for different reasons, and completing one of those is how you'd unlock the next quest in the chain. Maybe a rich guy had his cargo stolen and wants you to discreetly obtain it from a pirate installation. Maybe a homeless dude on the street tells you that the voices told him that alien ghosts were having dance parties on a moonbase nearby and that he needed you to bring him booze from the base. They'd lead you to different bases of the same pirate faction for different reasons, but you'd enjoy the same fundamental gameplay - raiding a pirate base and pissing off the same pirate group. It provides a more unique lore experience while offering what amounts to the same quest, and results in less crowding of quest givers. Personally I'd also prefer quest boards - craigslist today is basically the same thing, and I don't see why it would be replaced in the near or far future.

Basically the idea is that it's sort of a choose your own adventure type deal, and you could just run around the verse enjoying yourself and more than likely organically stumble upon one of the quest givers for the overarching quest series, if there is one.

The crew mechanics will be interesting. It makes me want a fiercely loyal secretary/assassin for my 890. Go full Bond villain, you know?

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

aleksendr
May 14, 2014

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

How many ships are flyable vs how many have been sold?

Depend if you count "variants" as ships. There is graphic of all the ships and their various state floating somewhere and from what i recall they are about 40% done, but the remaining 60% are the massive ships (Reclaimer, Idris, Javelin, Endeavor, Mining barge, Merchantman, hull A-E, Passenger liner, etc) sold as 5+crews and hangar bays and modules and all the dreams.

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

CIGs heroic struggle to deliver things nobody wants many months after the promised date is awe inspiring.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Solarin posted:

CIGs heroic struggle to deliver things nobody wants many months after the promised date is awe inspiring.

It does bring tears to our eyes from time to time.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

aleksendr posted:

Depend if you count "variants" as ships. There is graphic of all the ships and their various state floating somewhere and from what i recall they are about 40% done, but the remaining 60% are the massive ships (Reclaimer, Idris, Javelin, Endeavor, Mining barge, Merchantman, hull A-E, Passenger liner, etc) sold as 5+crews and hangar bays and modules and all the dreams.

If it costs money it counts as a jpg.

aleksendr
May 14, 2014

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

If it costs money it counts as a jpg.

Then they will never be done. Selling ships is what they do best.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
Well all that remains is for the evocati dudes to stand still while role playing / saluting / admiring uniforms / grabbing each other butts for hours then I can play the broken heap of poo poo in exactly the same state that those mouth breathing twats 'tested' it in :getin:

MedicineHut
Feb 25, 2016

peter gabriel posted:

Well all that remains is for the evocati dudes to stand still while role playing / saluting / admiring uniforms / grabbing each other butts for hours then I can play the broken heap of poo poo in exactly the same state that those mouth breathing twats 'tested' it in :getin:

Sadly I already got my refunds.

I feel grief.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

aleksendr
May 14, 2014

peter gabriel posted:

Are you not eager to grind 4vs4 star marine matches (where someone always drop due to CTD 2 minutes in, loving up team balance) to buy a new spacehat ?

Because this is probably all they are going to stream (and look miserable while doing it) for the next 3 months at least.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016

ManofManyAliases posted:

I'm tied in what I can say about the "blocker." But, I can say that you are quite wrong in your assessment. Crashes were not because of the "content" or "instances." It was actually more simple than that, which is why avocados are getting it today.2.6 will hit PTU for regular testers this year .. live in January.

once again, if your idiot opinion and dozens of wrong predictions are the result of the information you are receiving, it calls into question the source of your information.

You can speculate on the reasons for it
- They are optimistic and don't actually know what's going on but want it to be good as bad as you do
- They are lying to you because that's how they treat people stupid enough to go $12,000 deep as a company policy

I don't know which. But I'm totally sure that the guy that has been refactoring a ships's server rack for 3 years probably has an emotional investment in proving that he hasn't completely wasted years of his life on a pipe dream while following a used car scamsman.

Fat Shat Sings fucked around with this message at 21:20 on Nov 29, 2016

Nancy
Nov 23, 2005

Young Orc

ManofManyAliases posted:

Wait a sec. Do you supposedly work for CIG or do you supposedly work for the government? You've made statements when responding to Dr. Derek Smart about his legal bullcrap implying that you're way more in the know about federal investigation junk, but here you're implying you're on the line with CIG for leaks?

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

aleksendr posted:

Are you not eager to grind 4vs4 star marine matches (where someone always drop due to CTD 2 minutes in, loving up team balance) to buy a new spacehat ?

Because this is probably all they are going to stream (and look miserable while doing it) for the next 3 months at least.

Not gonna lie the prospect does not fill me with joy.

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016

Charles Get-Out posted:

Wait a sec. Do you supposedly work for CIG or do you supposedly work for the government? You've made statements when responding to Dr. Derek Smart about his legal bullcrap implying that you're way more in the know about federal investigation junk, but here you're implying you're on the line with CIG for leaks?

based on his hints and tip toeing around the subject he either gets smoke and mirror whale tours or gets some 2nd-4th hand information from one of the 300+ people at CIG.

the obviously wrong dumb poo poo he says and his confidence in it kind of proves the agent leak where the grunts at CIG didn't realize how bad it was because they were all compartmentalized.

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

MoMA you are as full of poo poo as Derek Smart.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
MoMMA is your classic backer fantasist, there's nothing more to it than that
Dude has a nice belt though

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

Sarsapariller posted:

*snip* Expanded scope message *snip*
Choc Chipizen has inspired a degree of skepticism since day one, given that it’s one of the most ambitious cookies ever proposed. However, a recent delay to its first-person edibles module—which would’ve let backers try out cookie functionality long before the product's full release—busted the dam on a new wave of worry. Some fans voiced anxiety over how it seemed like new pie-in-the-stars features were taking precedence over actually releasing something. Addressing those topics in a post on Choc Chipizen's thread, Roberstperiller wrote that, yes, Choc Chipizen's scope has expanded significantly since its first drive around noon yesterday. But he set out to make one of the most ambitious cookies ever, and what’s the point of that if you’re not going as big and grandiose as you possibly can? He wrote:

"Choc Chipizen matters BECAUSE it is big, because it is a bold dream. It is something everyone else is scared to try. You didn’t back Choc Chipizen because you want what you’ve seen before. You’re here and reading this because we are willing to go big, to do the things that terrify bakers. You’ve trusted us with your views so we can build a cookie, not line our pockets. And we sure as hell didn’t run this campaign so we could put those views in the bank, guarantee ourselves a profit and turn out some flimsy replica of a cookie I’ve made before. You went all in supporting us and we’ve gone all in making the cookies. Is Choc Chipizen today a bigger goal than I imagined in the halcyon days of 11/28/2016? Absolutely. Is that a bad thing? Absolutely not: it’s the whole drat point."

He added, however, that the team isn’t doing stretch goals anymore, and that they’ve got a road map of modules to release and improve upon ahead of knitting everything together with the long-awaited baking universe.

"Sentient bread, capable of eating itself, which will be available shortly, is the module for backers to experience and give their feedback on the edibles component of the game. Not long after that we will be releasing the next level of Pizza Commander, allowing customers with bigger pies to eat them with friends, in diners that are closer in size to the huge ones you’ll have in the final release. Then we’re rolling out aspects of the baking universe: first there will be just planet side environments to explore, but not long after you’ll be able to transition to space and eat among the stars, and then after that in other galaxies. We have taken this route to allow people to experience and give feedback to make the cookies better as we build them."

Sarsapariller fucked around with this message at 21:28 on Nov 29, 2016

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Solarin posted:

Are we finally getting the sand worm video and all the gameplay associated with it is now totally in the game?

It's very important that we be able to ride the sand worms. I've written a 100 page character bio about being able to ride sand worms and harvest spices from exotic planets.

Nancy
Nov 23, 2005

Young Orc

The Titanic posted:

Are we finally getting the sand worm video and all the gameplay associated with it is now totally in the game?

It's very important that we be able to ride the sand worms. I've written a 100 page character bio about being able to ride sand worms and harvest spices from exotic planets.

I don't even think the desert planet where the sandworm is supposed to live is going to be in the game anytime soon.

Othin
Nov 20, 2002

Hair Elf

ManofManyAliases posted:

Most open development ever lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

Charles Get-Out posted:

I don't even think the desert planet where the sandworm is supposed to live is going to be in the game anytime soon.

Actually Chris announced this but you guys were busy laughing so you couldn't hear it.

• Locked thread