Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
if that is your pet trapping you in the doorway, 2 things

1) if you continue to push past your pet you'll move through them
2) even if it takes too long and you pass out in your home, as long as you're in your house it counts like you made it to your bed (it's just like irl that way)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
Been awhile since I last booted up this game.

Any patches? I heard there was a big update awhile back but I'm not sure what all it changed.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Bad Seafood posted:

Any patches? I heard there was a big update awhile back but I'm not sure what all it changed.

http://stardewvalley.net/stardew-valley-v1-1-changelog/ this is what you are looking for

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

Bad Seafood posted:

Don't know every change but one big one from the original release is that you can pick one of five types of farm now: Standard, Riverland, Forest, Hill-top, and Wilderness which each go with Farming, Fishing, Foraging, Mining, and Combat respectively. I'm thinking of restarting with the Forest farm actually since Botanist will make mad bank from it and I can actually accept the mailbox quests instead of x'ing out of them like a dumdum.

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

Bad Seafood posted:

Even if you've got a pretty well-established farm that's running smoothly there are a handful of new things to work for, so it's fun.

God, I really, really, really wish I hadn't picked rancher over tiller. This was an extremely stupid mistake

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Okuyasu Nijimura posted:

God, I really, really, really wish I hadn't picked rancher over tiller. This was an extremely stupid mistake
you can edit your save to change your professions. details are here

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Poor Shane, just when things start looking up for him, some rear end in a top hat newcomer shuts down his place of employment without warning

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

Epic High Five posted:

Poor Shane, just when things start looking up for him, some rear end in a top hat newcomer shuts down his place of employment without warning

I would totally hire him if it were an option, Marnie already has him trained. Stupid animals and their constant need for attention.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Yes, please let me pay him 1000g to make all the farm animals happy and collect the eggs/milk/etc for meeeeee

he'd be an animal-based Junimo

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

Coolguye posted:

you can edit your save to change your professions. details are here

Thank you so much!!!! Looks like I got it all redone so I can make up for my foolish mistakes. :)

e: holy poo poo does that make a difference. god I'm so mad at myself for not fixing this earlier, I could have been making so much more!

Okuyasu Nijimura fucked around with this message at 23:53 on Nov 26, 2016

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

you are welcome, friend :)

Viperix
Apr 21, 2006
I'm pretty sure rain is a myth, and while I think it rained earlier in this playthrough, I now realize I must be mistaken.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Viperix posted:

I'm pretty sure rain is a myth, and while I think it rained earlier in this playthrough, I now realize I must be mistaken.

Last time I had a long stretch without rain I ended the season with like a week straight of thunderstorms

Build lightning rods is what I'm saying

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Viperix posted:

There is apparently later a thing you can build that makes it much more likely for rain to hit the day after use. It's not a myth, it's magic! :science:

Dirk the Average
Feb 7, 2012

"This may have been a mistake."

Ignatius M. Meen posted:

There is apparently later a thing you can build that makes it much more likely for rain to hit the day after use. It's not a myth, it's magic! :science:

Man, now I really want a crop duster.

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

If a crop is fully grown, but not harvested, do I still have to water it or can I just let it sit if, say, my axe is in the shop I'm waiting for more of my crop to turn giant?

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
Thanks!

Some neat stuff in here, though I'm disappointed they still haven't fixed the museum.

Ignatius M. Meen posted:

If a crop is fully grown, but not harvested, do I still have to water it or can I just let it sit if, say, my axe is in the shop I'm waiting for more of my crop to turn giant?
You can leave it alone. Just make sure you've got some scarecrows standing vigil.

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Bad Seafood posted:

You can leave it alone. Just make sure you've got some scarecrows standing vigil.

Ah, that's good to know. The planner makes placing scarecrows easy though.

flapy vajannawings
Nov 26, 2016
oh my god I just spent the last 10 minutes seeing how far I could throw my baby up into the air this game is amazing :nyoron:

Thor-Stryker
Nov 11, 2005

flapy vajannawings posted:

oh my god I just spent the last 10 minutes seeing how far I could throw my baby up into the air this game is amazing :nyoron:

I found it hilarious that once you can start tossing your baby from the crib, you can lift them in burrito form when they're trying to sleep.

12am in the morning...
Just tossing a green baby burrito in the air...
Gets hearts.

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Is fertilizer one use only or, if the tilled soil doesn't go away after a harvest of one crop, is it still usable for another, different crop?

Also, does a repeatedly producing crop like corn or strawberries benefit multiple times from it or are they considered bonus harvests like the potatoes?

Thor-Stryker
Nov 11, 2005

Ignatius M. Meen posted:

Is fertilizer one use only or, if the tilled soil doesn't go away after a harvest of one crop, is it still usable for another, different crop?

Also, does a repeatedly producing crop like corn or strawberries benefit multiple times from it or are they considered bonus harvests like the potatoes?

It's reusable for the entire season. Only caveat is that seasonal forage seeds have a chance to destroy the ground under it.

There's guides on Reddit as far as what is effected by fertilizer. (It's honestly random af)

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT
I got 10 hearts, the bouquet, the kitchen, and the event with Penny so I could marry her on Fall 19, so great, all I have to do is wait for a rainy day and the guy with the mermaid pendant will show up....

...and the next 11 days it's sunny or windy. What is with this stupid raining requirement, why can't I just buy the drat thing so I can propose already :mad:

Now it's winter and I have to wait a whole loving 20 more days until spring to get a chance at rain.

Also, giving a Loved gift on someone's birthday feels like cheating.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
The game is saving you from marrying Penny, the Worst Spouse

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

How Rude posted:

I got 10 hearts, the bouquet, the kitchen, and the event with Penny so I could marry her on Fall 19, so great, all I have to do is wait for a rainy day and the guy with the mermaid pendant will show up....

...and the next 11 days it's sunny or windy. What is with this stupid raining requirement, why can't I just buy the drat thing so I can propose already :mad:

Now it's winter and I have to wait a whole loving 20 more days until spring to get a chance at rain.

Also, giving a Loved gift on someone's birthday feels like cheating.

Use the rain totem every day until it rains. It can rain during the winter so you eon't have to wait until spring.

I Said No
May 21, 2007

jesus dude ur gonna kill someone with that av

Poque posted:

That's an odd way of spelling Harvey.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

http://stardewvalley.net/stardew-valley-console-release-dates/

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
https://www.fangamer.com/products/stardew-valley-guidebook

This is cute as gently caress and perfectly timed for the holidays.

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

Poque posted:

I just want to save her from her horrible alcoholic mother and lovely home

unfortunately for a rain totem I need level 9 foraging as well as truffle oil, and I don't have a barn quite yet. I'm working towards it though

Poulpe
Nov 11, 2006
Canadian Santa Extraordinaire

Portable Stardew :stwoon:

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

Poque posted:

Aren't they all basically the same?

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!

Poque posted:

I would slap you about the face if I could, mate.

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

Everyone knows that the worst spouse is Sebastian.

That's why I married him

And stay married to him

And refuse to even consider any other husband or wife

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!
I just wanted to marry Penny because it was the only way to help her.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
She's a compassionate teacher and kind person so that's good enough for me

frogge
Apr 7, 2006

Go with Emily.
There's an event where Clint gets bummed out that you are dating her now.
Worth it.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Just port it to Android you son of a bitch :argh:

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

frogge posted:

Go with Emily.
There's an event where Clint gets bummed out that you are dating her now.
Worth it.

It's his own fault for not cracking 250 geodes instantly.

frogge
Apr 7, 2006

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

It's his own fault for not cracking 250 geodes instantly.

I think that I shouldn't be able to just swing by with a beer for him twice a week like we cool that I took his girl.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus
I thought we all agreed that Clint was Abigails real father.

Fact:
Demitrius loves Strawberries
Maru loves strawberries.

There's no question of Maru parentage either

Clint loves Amethysts
Abigail loves Amethysts