Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!

Okuyasu Nijimura posted:

Leah is the one who tells you about them so why wouldn't she be the one caring for them, too

All Leah talks to me about is art and pickables.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Pictured: The only good cop (a fictional one).

So steamcloud syncs my saved games between my Windows desktop and Linux laptop perfectly, but it also syncs control config settings.

:negative:

LiterallyATomato
Mar 17, 2009

I know it's been said, but I love that you decide the pace of your game. I'm only interested in fishing a couple times a day, every other day, so I'm only level 5 on Spring 2 and I'm cool with that.

At the same time, I'm pumping out wine (mostly cranberry, some starfruit,) but still making time to pick salmonberries. 'Cause dammit, I LIKE picking salmonberries.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

TequilaJesus posted:

I know it's been said, but I love that you decide the pace of your game. I'm only interested in fishing a couple times a day, every other day, so I'm only level 5 on Spring 2 and I'm cool with that.

At the same time, I'm pumping out wine (mostly cranberry, some starfruit,) but still making time to pick salmonberries. 'Cause dammit, I LIKE picking salmonberries.

Jesus Christ, I bet you don't even play windowed next to an excel file.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
i bet youll cowards dont even smoke crack

Thor-Stryker
Nov 11, 2005

Coolguye posted:

i bet youll cowards dont even smoke crack

I eat purple mushrooms erre'day!

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

TequilaJesus posted:

Sashimi is too easy of a regular gift for me to not constantly be fishing poo poo.

I noticed part of why this game is so awesome is how it ties multiple skills together. Advancing in fishing for example makes farming awesome by providing one of the ingredients needed for Super Fertilizer. Or you can get the artisan items price boost from level 10 farming to boost all those awesome artisan items you get from pickling, jamming, and wining all that wild produce.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

ime the best near universal like is coffee. Plant like 5 plants for two seasons and you have enough for years

They take up very little keg time as well

Trilobite
Aug 15, 2001

mushroom_spore posted:

People are always saying they make crazy money from pigs but I have a feeling I'm going to end up selling this thing once I no longer specifically need truffles, this is obnoxious. My lone goat is lazy with the milk but at least it doesn't totally freeload when winter rolls around, or if it rains. And I miss being able to let my barn animals just roam free, it was a lot more convenient in terms of grass management.
Yeah, the main thing about making pigs a profit center is that they're a little bit of a ball and chain; you have to stick around on your farm for a while for them to dig up truffles (AFAIK, they don't dig if you're not outside on your farm), and as you've said, you have to contain them or they'll waste their time and yours by going to the most far-flung, inconvenient places to dig. All livestock involves a little bit of hassle, but pigs are the ones that are a hassle and time-consuming.

That said, 9 pigs in good moods often averaged a dozen or so truffles a day for me, and getting ~15k daily income just from truffle oil did actually feel a little satisfying. I'm genuinely not sure it was worth the effort and patience and time it required just to get the little thrill of looking at the end-of-day tally and seeing a bigger number come up, though. :shrug:

Viperix
Apr 21, 2006
Wow, so gently caress all that noise. I already find animals irritatingly high maintenance. Once I get my truffles/money's worth out of my pair of pigs, they're gone. Although, I kind of like pigs, so maybe I'll just keep them for ambiance and the occasional truffle.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
So I have finally finished all of my real life projects, and can spend some time goofing off in Stardrew Valley again! I had just finished obtaining Abigail, she was very easy to seduce in the fall with Golden Pumpkins. My farm is coming along nicely, I have obtained 10 more ancient seeds, making the greenhouse half filled with ancient fruits.

I do not plan to grow much in the way of ultra large crops next year, only high profit ancient fruits. I already have thousands of cranberries and blueberries waiting to be turned into wine/jam i am running out of space for all of it! So instead of creating more and more preserve barrels/kegs I have decided to invest my money 100% into Pigs! I will process the fruits I have now (I make about $50,000 per day), and by the time I run out of cranberries I should have ancient fruits up and running. In the mean time I will spend every dime on more barns, and more pigs! I figure Pigs are the easiest way to make a quick buck, and I can grow them during the winter.

Our wedding day!

The first thing Abigail does when she moves in, stare at the statue Leah gave me for several hours straight......Oh well I have an ample supple of golden pumpkins to keep her satisfied!

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Epic High Five posted:

ime the best near universal like is coffee. Plant like 5 plants for two seasons and you have enough for years

They take up very little keg time as well

Yeah, but you need fields of beans for all the coffee you end up drinking.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

I had like maybe 20 plants and like half filled up a chest

Eventually sold them all and stopped replanting tho because I figure I can make more money buying coffee with the proceeds from more profitable crops using that land, esp if you include keg time being devoted to high value fruits

I may be wrong, but I'm not about to crunch numbers for maximum efficiency in Stardew loving Valley

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

Coffee is serious business:

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
I just keep two cows around and stockpile peppers for Pepper Poppers

that said when summer rolls around I am going to be drowning in coffee beans and hops.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Hops are a good ROI but are a pain to harvest

as in real life, hot peppers are numero uno

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Epic High Five posted:

Hops are a good ROI but are a pain to harvest

as in real life, hot peppers are numero uno

Junimo slaves erryday

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Rutibex posted:

The first thing Abigail does when she moves in, stare at the statue Leah gave me for several hours straight......Oh well I have an ample supple of golden pumpkins to keep her satisfied!

She's probably just doing that because it's the only thing to look at in your barren wasteland of a house.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Epic High Five posted:

I had like maybe 20 plants and like half filled up a chest

Eventually sold them all and stopped replanting tho because I figure I can make more money buying coffee with the proceeds from more profitable crops using that land, esp if you include keg time being devoted to high value fruits

I may be wrong, but I'm not about to crunch numbers for maximum efficiency in Stardew loving Valley

Figure you need 10 coffees a day (I think ~13 is optimal, but good luck with that), that translates to 1,400 beans per year. You need ~350 harvests to achieve that, which if I'm not mistaken works out to 15 plants if you get them in at the start of spring. If you plant one junimo field, you're good for a decade.

TBD: Whether your character drops dead from heart failure before you run out of beans.

Speaking of, how do we overthrow the repressive government preventing us from planting coca or processing poppies properly?

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
I never use coffee or poppers and didn't buy my horse till the third year. You move plenty fine.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

World Famous W posted:

I never use coffee or poppers and didn't buy my horse till the third year. You move plenty fine.

Same on both counts, I actually had tons of coffee on me pretty quickly but never actually drank it. Everybody but the kids like it so I just got in the habit of giving one to everybody I saw

Unlocking the minecarts is the main speed boost you need

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

I never drink coffee and I actually never even use the beans that I grow because I don't have time to deal with coffee kegs, I appreciate the longer turnover with ancient fruit wine.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

there wolf posted:

She's probably just doing that because it's the only thing to look at in your barren wasteland of a house.

She is doing it again, and this is now the third day in a row. Do you think she knows it was a statue from Leah?` :ohdear:

NeuralSpark
Apr 16, 2004

there wolf posted:

Seriously, decorate your place. There isn't much else to look at.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
she knows.

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Rutibex posted:

She is doing it again, and this is now the third day in a row. Do you think she knows it was a statue from Leah?` :ohdear:

It's the only thing in your room that isn't a bed or a money-making venture. I'd be suspicious too.

Viperix
Apr 21, 2006
I forgot to fertilize my Starfruit crop. :negative:

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

I think you all should post your own house layouts, because I need some inspiration for decorating :colbert:

Also, I'm glad I'm taking my time; last time I had played this game, by winter I felt so frustrated because of the community centre. This time, though, I aim for everything that I can get in year 1 without going crazy, and then finish off the rest the next year.

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

Rutibex posted:

Fields of poo poo sprinklers

You need some Iridium sprinklers son.

flapy vajannawings
Nov 26, 2016

LOL I just noticed that bald headed motherfucker in bed there

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

i need the context of this image

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

The White Dragon posted:

sex

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus

The White Dragon posted:

The naked bearded man in the bed?

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Sam has the most game, except for maybe Penny.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

The White Dragon posted:

In one of his heart events, Sam sneaks you into his bedroom through the window, then his mom hears "a commotion" and comes in so you hide in the bed, after she leaves you can stay in the bed and gently caress while she stands right outside the door

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
I am starting to experiment with mixed barns, in an attempt to find the most profitable configuration possible. 100% full of animals wastes a lot of space, but 100% Kegs makes large portions inaccessible due to annoying animals. So far I have found a ring of kegs around the outside does not get too much interference. I think for the middle I will try some "islands" of four kegs each, rather than rows (so I can get at each keg from multiple sides). I hope the health inspector doesn't see what I'm doing :ohdear:

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus
I place my kegs like this because it's very time saving to be able to just walk up and down the rows and interacting with them.

Zephyrine fucked around with this message at 22:40 on Dec 2, 2016

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

I've been infecting my gaming circle with this game. Love that it's cheap enough to gift to someone and ask that they pay it forward.

All love it. All will play a hundred hours.

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!
Just wait until the Multiplayer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

WarpedNaba posted:

Just wait until the Multiplayer.

My plan is already to host a server with a bunch of friends, they all bring their game wives in, and as they slowly burn out or put the game down for a bit I install an anime portrait mod and begin the true game: Stardew Harem Anime