Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Yup! :smith:

quote:

Do my points ever expire?

Yes, all VIP Points expire on December 31st two years after the year in which they were earned. Before this happens, the LEGO® Group will notify you via the email address you provided during registration.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheJadedOne
Aug 13, 2004
So my current partner is a huge avian fan and loves legos. She already has the birds model kit, the rainforest one and fierce flyer. I was wanting to do something bird lego related for xmas. Are there any other bird sets or MoCs I can find that I could bricklink the parts for? I am a terrible designer so I couldn't design one well myself.

Van Dis
Jun 19, 2004

AlexJade posted:

So my current partner is a huge avian fan and loves legos. She already has the birds model kit, the rainforest one and fierce flyer. I was wanting to do something bird lego related for xmas. Are there any other bird sets or MoCs I can find that I could bricklink the parts for? I am a terrible designer so I couldn't design one well myself.

This guy does a bunch of bird MOCs. If you contact him he might be able to provide you parts lists or instructions.

http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?/forums/topic/140033-moc-macaw/
http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?/forums/topic/133697-moc-eurasian-magpie/
http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?/forums/topic/128061-moc-cockatiel/
http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?/forums/topic/120433-moc-ring-necked-parakeet/
http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?/forums/topic/114885-moc-alexandrine-parakeet-chick/

This penguin is cute too

:3:

VaultAggie
Nov 18, 2010

Best out of 71?

AlexJade posted:

Not sure about sets, but there's a neat book out there for making your own.

https://www.google.com/shopping/pro...JEKHQ0gKInYDADw

Pyroclastic
Jan 4, 2010

Hmmmm.
Lego's getting a new CEO, and the previous CEO is becoming chair of the new Lego Brand Group.
LBG will focus on protecting and developing the brand, and will involve the Kristiansen family being more active in the brand. The new CEO's currently heading Operations and has been with the company for 14 years. He's also the first non-Danish CEO. He's talked about market expansion, particularly Asia.

Koramei
Nov 11, 2011

I have three regrets
The first is to be born in Joseon.
If this means we might end up getting some Chinese temples and poo poo then I'm all for it.

Pyroclastic
Jan 4, 2010

Amazon's doing a Lego contest thing. Find a Golden Brick on a Lego product page, click it to enter for a prize drawing.

https://www.amazon.com/legogoldenbrick

Just click through a few; it'll appear underneath the product description at the top of the page.

Pyroclastic fucked around with this message at 05:33 on Dec 7, 2016

jeeves
May 27, 2001

Deranged Psychopathic
Butler Extraordinaire
If anyone is a fan of Alien Conquest (I sure as hell know that I was), I am selling off a complete used set of all of the theme's set (all minifigs + manuals) that I forgot I bought in bulk and was sitting in my closet.

PM me if interested, looking to get like $120ish for it. I think that is what I bought it for on a whim since I knew I would never buy the non-alien themed sets (Command HQ, and the attack helicopter, etc) otherwise, but I am trying to pare down my excessive closet Lego :(

I know that theme didn't really appreciate in value so I don't care about making a profit really.

jeeves fucked around with this message at 06:07 on Dec 7, 2016

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Pyroclastic posted:

Amazon's doing a Lego contest thing. Find a Golden Brick on a Lego product page, click it to enter for a prize drawing.

Just click through a few; it'll appear underneath the product description at the top of the page.

Found it. Took over 20 clicks, though.

jeeves
May 27, 2001

Deranged Psychopathic
Butler Extraordinaire
I also have the Brennenberg Gate I don't mind selling for super cheap if anyone wants those sweet mint green cheese slopes.

I've hit my limit of 10 ebay auctions in a month so I can't offload a lot of little stuff like this easily now.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

jeeves posted:

If anyone is a fan of Alien Conquest (I sure as hell know that I was), I am selling off a complete used set of all of the theme's set (all minifigs + manuals) that I forgot I bought in bulk and was sitting in my closet.

PM me if interested, looking to get like $120ish for it. I think that is what I bought it for on a whim since I knew I would never buy the non-alien themed sets (Command HQ, and the attack helicopter, etc) otherwise, but I am trying to pare down my excessive closet Lego :(

I know that theme didn't really appreciate in value so I don't care about making a profit really.

PM'ed

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I wonder whose pm got there first :twisted:

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Thread dibs dawg :v:

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Pyroclastic posted:

The more important thing that I saw from these clicks is the Disney Moana set which makes me optimistic that there are going to be even more Disney sets that are neither Disney Princess nor a several hundred dollar castle.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Speaking of Disney, they had a buttload of the CMF when I was at the Lego store the other day so they must have done a second run.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

veni veni veni posted:

Thread dibs dawg :v:

Nah son, I typed that pm on one hand on my phone while working, the effort was exponentially more than yours and thus more deserving :colbert:

Apollodorus
Feb 13, 2010

TEST YOUR MIGHT
:patriot:

Chairchucker posted:

The more important thing that I saw from these clicks is the Disney Moana set which makes me optimistic that there are going to be even more Disney sets that are neither Disney Princess nor a several hundred dollar castle.

But Moana is a princess--didn't you pay attention to The Rock's definition of one? :v:

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Chairchucker posted:

the chicken is not walleyed, these sets are NOT ACCURATE

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Apollodorus posted:

But Moana is a princess--didn't you pay attention to The Rock's definition of one? :v:

The set doesn't say Disney Princess tho.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

AlexJade posted:

Park Animals has an owl as one of the builds. That's the only current set I can think of. There was a nice Thanksgiving Turkey a couple of years back but it's the sort of set that would have gone up in price a lot since then I think

http://brickset.com/sets/31044-1/Park-Animals

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.
There are actually quite a few weird third-party-designed-but-still-actual-lego models out there, I've seen the tropical fish from reefscape http://reefscape.co.uk/models/ and some wetlands animals (including birds) from the Wildfowl and Wetlands Trust. The fish are available from the reefscape site but the birds I've only seen at a little indy lego shop in sheffield, I imagine you can get them online either new or form a reseller. No idea if they're worth it though, they were quite small and weren't cheap in the shop and it might be easier/cheaper to bricklink a nice MOC instead.

Fatkraken fucked around with this message at 23:20 on Dec 7, 2016

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Pyroclastic posted:

Found it in three. Thanks!

Luminaflare
Sep 23, 2010

No one man
should have all that
POWER BEYOND MEASURE

Fatkraken posted:

the birds I've only seen at a little indy lego shop in sheffield

Oh hey, I live near that shop. I keep meaning to go when I've got time and money.

OpenlyEvilJello
Dec 28, 2009

AlexJade posted:

Not at all Lego, but if she's interested in the biology of birds you should check out Katrina van Grouw's The Unfeathered Bird.

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.

Luminaflare posted:

Oh hey, I live near that shop. I keep meaning to go when I've got time and money.

You should check it out, it's neat! they have the normal sets but lots of cool minifigure stuff too (all legit) and a bunch of weird stuff like the birds, fish and some small buildings that were obviously commissioned by organisations as pieces of interesting merch. Also a reasonable selection of playmobil. I think they're closed Sundays which is when I'm normally down that end of Hillsborough so I've only been in once.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus
TRU has a lot of good sets for up to 40% off. Free shipping as well or store pick up. Most of these were marked off instore as well plus they have a free Geoffrey the Giraffe set if you spend over $40 which is actually pretty cool.

http://www.toysrus.com/search/index...U=10451&irgwc=1

Alpine Mustache
Jul 11, 2000

Not 100% Lego, but very impressive

https://youtu.be/3423fZwBPRk

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

ChesterJT posted:

TRU has a lot of good sets for up to 40% off. Free shipping as well or store pick up. Most of these were marked off instore as well plus they have a free Geoffrey the Giraffe set if you spend over $40 which is actually pretty cool.

Amazingly, the good stuff is already sold out. I woulda bought the fairground mixer at that price point. Oh well.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
I was in NYC about a month and a half ago. I was just walking around on my first day and turned a corner and found Rockefeller Center by accident.

And then I found the lego store, which I wasn't expecting either. It was over my right shoulder from that spot.

In the window they had a lego model of Rockefeller Center. The lower left of this picture is where the lego store is, relatively. I was a little disappointed they didn't have the lego store in lego.

That golden angel thing made in lego in the window of the store...

They had this Atlas that was cool too.

Which is s'pose to look like this which is across the way...

There was also this giant mosaic made of minifigs.

I bought a minifig magnet thing of the statue of liberty for like 8 bucks. Which was rad, because the CMF goes for $25 on bricklink. I was expecting it to stuck together like the keychains, but it wasn't. She's a rad souvenir.

deoju fucked around with this message at 07:06 on Dec 10, 2016

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014

ChesterJT posted:

Some of this stuff is really nice, but I'm torn between getting the Tyrdirium or finally starting my modular journey by getting the Parisian Restaurant at double VIP this weekend.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Get the restaurant. It's among the best things they've ever put out.

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014
If I go down the dark path of modulars I won't be able to stop

But I definitely want to, especially with Assembly Square coming out.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Lepin will make it a lot esaier to cope with.

Though I would recommend Temple of Airjitzu above anything. It looks great and was top to bottom to most interesting build I have done. Very little repetition. Just constantly interesting.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Get em both. Tyderium is awesome. Definetly the best Star Wars set of the past couple of years.

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014
I probably could afford both, though I just got a new job and haven't quite figured out what my spending budget is. How long do those Toys R Us sales last? Without VIP points attached to that I can afford to deliberate on it a bit more.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I bought five of the green nexo knight single pack guy.

Not because I wanted five of him, though that's a nice bonus (and the shield tiles, wing clip things, etc), but because he comes equipped with plentiful bananammunition for my burgeoning bananaman horde.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Zodack posted:

I probably could afford both, though I just got a new job and haven't quite figured out what my spending budget is. How long do those Toys R Us sales last? Without VIP points attached to that I can afford to deliberate on it a bit more.

I heard about the sale while at work, and by the time I got home an hour later almost everything worth a drat was gone. I don't expect the shuttle, which I think is the last star wars set left, to last much longer, at the very least.

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014
Thanks everyone for your suggestions on that figure I posted a few pages back. Final parts came in today and I'm very happy with how it turned out. I think my friend is going to be really surprised for Christmas to see something he drew come to life.

Captain Invictus posted:

I heard about the sale while at work, and by the time I got home an hour later almost everything worth a drat was gone. I don't expect the shuttle, which I think is the last star wars set left, to last much longer, at the very least.

Alright, thanks for the heads up. I'll keep an eye on it. I do like displaying big shuttles and whatnot, so it would be a shame to miss a great sale.

E: It was in-store pickup only and somehow there was a store 3 miles from me that had one in stock. Lucky! Gonna get it in store and the Parisian Restaurant online, take the plunge.

Zodack fucked around with this message at 19:33 on Dec 10, 2016

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus
Out of all star wars ships those imperial shuttles always were my favorite. Its just an elegant design.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014
I've never been particularly fond of it but to be frank the design of everything in Star Wars (even the prequel trilogy) is just fantastic, so I will happily display most Star Wars ships. I'm really taken by the U-wing design from Rogue One, though I'm unsure about the official set being in blue and white. Still gonna get that too, probably!