Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
The rg zaku 2 in origin's deep crimson would be amazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Caitlin
Aug 18, 2006

When I die, if there is a heaven, I will spend eternity rolling around with a pile of kittens.
Now my friends are gifting me Beargguys and they just keep multiplying. :sax:

I really like the new ones though! And the ones that are coming out... I'm going to have so many of these things. :sigh:

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

Friend, you're All Bearguy Jam-bear-ee is nothing to be ashamed of.

Caitlin
Aug 18, 2006

When I die, if there is a heaven, I will spend eternity rolling around with a pile of kittens.
Soda Pop Blue!

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10437135

Bitter Sweet & Chocolate!

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10437118

Bow Wow White!

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10420354

Stray Black & Cat Costume!

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10420352

Papaguy!

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10437109

From the already produced I'm only really missing Cha Cha Cha Brown, Milk White and Beargguy F. Not including the other Beargguy design because honestly I just don't like it as much.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Guys, MightyApe.com.au has some deep discounts on several HMM 1/72 Zoids right now, and they ship internationally. The deals are only good for another hour as of this post, as I missed the link yesterday :negative:.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
I meant to ask, does Yuuma ever oficially appear with the Lightning Mk.III system? I don't recall so in the anime

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Ka0 posted:

I meant to ask, does Yuuma ever oficially appear with the Lightning Mk.III system? I don't recall so in the anime

It shows up in the OVA.

Ignimbrite
Jan 5, 2010

BALLS BALLS BALLS
Dinosaur Gum

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Guys, MightyApe.com.au has some deep discounts on several HMM 1/72 Zoids right now, and they ship internationally. The deals are only good for another hour as of this post, as I missed the link yesterday :negative:.

I checked their "discounted" prices before they were expired and they were more than what you'd pay on HLJ and 1999.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
Got enough completed of my Re/100 Efreet to show it off:

Really enjoying the build, and can't wait to get it fully built and posed with the two swords.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

TaurusOxford posted:

Really enjoying the build, and can't wait to get it fully built and posed with the two swords.

I'm so jealous right now. Even if I wasn't avoiding pricier models I've still promised myself I won't buy any more models until I finish the lacquer half of my Tallgeese :square:

On the bright side, I've been completely hauling rear end through projects now that I've hit a good rhythm with my airbrush. I've burnt through like 6-7 bottles of enamel thinner in about a month, have officially finished all the non-cast parts of my Kamiki Shading Gundam (pics tomorrow), and all thats left of my backburner projects is my Man Rodi one.

I've even taken apart and primed my first transformer (for all the bitching about screws, removing pins is the worst most hellish thing I've experienced with modeling so far).

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you

TaurusOxford posted:

Nice! I've learned to love the Efreet after playing G Gen, glad to hear its an enjoyable build.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

White specks are from it being in my workspace where I'm sanding stuff. Pretty happy with how it's progressed; the last few things to take care of are the effect parts, cleaning up the sheathe/scythe/sword, and paint the extra hands.

Got one clear piece on as a color test; the Shading Gundam had a super dark purple color scheme with very bright greenish-light glowing bits, since this scheme has ghost gray in the mix i'm trying out a richer yellow, how does it look?

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
I like that clear yellow - it's a good contrast.

RE/100 Efreet Custom completed:

I really enjoyed the build, both the assembly and the minor customising I did. I would recommend gluing the leg thrusters in place since they fall out a bit too easily if you're posing the legs, but everything else feels solid.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
Does anyone know what "HG accelerate evolution" is, are they upgrading the revive releases.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Ka0 posted:

Does anyone know what "HG accelerate evolution" is, are they upgrading the revive releases.

New Gunpla will feature primitive light sensing organs. Eventually they'll develop more complex eyes, a basic circulatory system and more efficient musculature.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn

Ka0 posted:

My best guess so far is that it's a fancy name to indicate new, sharper lineart.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
If the Mobile Armor is really in scale, that thing's gonna be loving huge

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat
I can't wait to paint it to look like Ridley.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

PoptartsNinja posted:

I can't wait to paint it to look like Ridley.

Put some Barbatos pauldrons on a graze and make a pseudo Samus.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Guy Goodbody posted:

If the Mobile Armor is really in scale, that thing's gonna be loving huge

It'll be pretty big - it uses the same stand as the Kutan III long-range transport, and while it isn't nearly as long, it's way broader.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat

Arcsquad12 posted:

Put some Barbatos pauldrons on a graze and make a pseudo Samus.

I was thinking of some of the Gundam AGE kits. They've got the right roundness.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Maybe a Gouf head?

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Midjack posted:

Maybe a Gouf head?

A cross between a Gouf head and the Jegan visor.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Farsia body and legs, Gundam Age-1 Titus arms

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

G-Self body and legs, Gouf/Zaku head, with Titus shoulders.

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you
A Hi Mock. Just a Hi Mock.

Well Manicured Man
Aug 21, 2010

Well Manicured Mort
You could probably do it with mostly AGE kits. Shoulders from the AGE-1 Titus, arms from that one pirate MS with the gun arm,and maybe a body from one of the Vagan mobile suits if you want something a bit more "alien".

The GN Archer from 00 has a very Samus-like head/visor too, although it doesn't have the Zaku-esque piping Samus's helmet has.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
The Dorado's got the most 'Samus' head (once you trim off the vanity spike). The body's probably about the right shape, too.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

itshappening.avi

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

itshappening.avi

isn't that just from this?

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

People have turned custom builds into actual kits before.

Usually via resin though.

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe
i like the tiny red feet

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Is the "Full Mechanics" line the same as MG for complexity? Note: the more complex, the better in this case.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Not even close.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Mordja posted:

Is the "Full Mechanics" line the same as MG for complexity? Note: the more complex, the better in this case.

It's basically just a scaled-up IBO HG kit. Don't let that be a huge drawback though, since an HG IBO usually has a frame on par with older MG's.

But yeah, compared to modern MG's like the Ver. Ka kits, it's very simple.

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Neurolimal posted:

It's basically just a scaled-up IBO HG kit. Don't let that be a huge drawback though, since an HG IBO usually has a frame on par with older MG's.

Not necessarily a bad thing, mind you. More complexity tends to result in models that grenade if you so much as look at them funny.

MG Unicorn :argh:

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Bloody Pom posted:

Not necessarily a bad thing, mind you. More complexity tends to result in models that grenade if you so much as look at them funny.

MG Unicorn :argh:

I wish I still had the pictures of what happened to my FA Unicorn after it fell off my shelf. Even a Leo would be horrified at the destruction. :(

I wouldn't even call Unicorn the worst example of complexity ruining a MG kit - I still say Victory takes that prize.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Neurolimal posted:

It does have better colour separation than an HG, though, and is much more likely to accurately include all of a design's gimmicks. There's a clear quality upgrade, even if it's not as huge as HG to MG.

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

I'd say the best comparison for the FM 1/100 kits would be the old No Grade 1/100s, but with an inner frame.

And y'know, not being poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

I built the 1/100 Barbatos Form 6 and was severely unimpressed so I wouldn't be so quick to say they're good.