Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Please, please don't let me end up in a threesome with the lunch lady and a gay pirate. That would hit a little too close to home.
Unlockable Ben
Could I get an invite to the goon crafting guilds if they're still active? @Rollersnake

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Tonight in Cyrodiil: Attack of the Fengrush Small-HandsMans

Zuryc
Jul 8, 2004

Merry Christmas and
Chappy Chanukkah.
Could I get an invite? @Zuryc

Thanks!

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Please, please don't let me end up in a threesome with the lunch lady and a gay pirate. That would hit a little too close to home.
Unlockable Ben
I'm doing magicka DK on an alt, and I was considering doing restoration staff on my second bar, but I have zero experience with being a healer in a MMO. Could someone tell me what I need to be an effective healer with restoration staff alone? If I could do this while leaving some space on the bar for less-frequently used skills to aid my pyromania, that would be awesome.

Alternatively, I was thinking about doing sword/shield, but at a glance it seems like it would be even harder to make tanking work for this build.

inflatable fish
Dec 8, 2016

Rollersnake posted:

I'm doing magicka DK on an alt, and I was considering doing restoration staff on my second bar, but I have zero experience with being a healer in a MMO. Could someone tell me what I need to be an effective healer with restoration staff alone? If I could do this while leaving some space on the bar for less-frequently used skills to aid my pyromania, that would be awesome.

Alternatively, I was thinking about doing sword/shield, but at a glance it seems like it would be even harder to make tanking work for this build.

combat prayer, rapid regeneration and healing ward are the bread and butter, add igneous shield for a hefty 25% healing done and siphon spirit for team resource management and you're there.

sluggo is mad
Jan 14, 2012

Buglord
BRK in AZ is now claimed for Ebonheart Goons. I would've claimed it for Lusty Argonian Maids, but I had to hurry.

insideoutside
Jan 27, 2009
Forgive the question but how is the game? I've burned out on the WoW expansion and am looking for something else to try - is the game still pretty well populated? Friendly for new players?

Edit: never mind - I bought it and it is downloading. I'll pop in later with my character name so hopefully I can get into the guild tonight.

One question - I have no idea what class I will be but I am reading up on it. Is there any race/class that is easier to play (simple but powerful) while I am getting into it? I am thinking of khajit nightblade since I like dps but I am open to suggestions.

insideoutside fucked around with this message at 23:00 on Dec 30, 2016

sgbyou
Feb 3, 2005

I'm just a shadow in the light you leave behind.

insideoutside posted:

Forgive the question but how is the game? I've burned out on the WoW expansion and am looking for something else to try - is the game still pretty well populated? Friendly for new players?

Edit: never mind - I bought it and it is downloading. I'll pop in later with my character name so hopefully I can get into the guild tonight.

One question - I have no idea what class I will be but I am reading up on it. Is there any race/class that is easier to play (simple but powerful) while I am getting into it? I am thinking of khajit nightblade since I like dps but I am open to suggestions.

we just need your @UserID to invite to the guild, the guilds are account wide and you can have up to 5 of them

Fuzzy1
Feb 20, 2011

insideoutside posted:

I know you bought it already but the game is fun and it seems really well populated. It's really easy to get rolling as a new guy, plus the scaling means you can do a lot at any time. Everyone in the guild is fun too. I got carried around through some dungeons yesterday and saw pirate skeletons, pretty jungles, a rat whisperer and killed a possessed cat man.

The way it's set up you can just wander around and join in on any huge fights you see without costing anyone else experience or items. I'm really enjoying the world and the sense of scale.

I'm running a nightblade and they are fun. They have multiple paths (magic versus stamina) and both seem viable.

insideoutside
Jan 27, 2009
Well, I am only in the tutorial but if the @ name is my login username then it is blitzstrahl - if this is all you need then i would certainly appreciate an invite. I couldn't decide between khajit and wood elf nightblade so i made both, but right now i am running the khajit...not sure which i will choose in the long haul.

E: are there respecs? I just got my first level and i am paralyzed through fear of choosing the wrong thing.

insideoutside fucked around with this message at 04:28 on Dec 31, 2016

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø

insideoutside posted:

Stamina sorc (ie redguard, khajiit or so) and magicish templar (master race etc) are relatively flavour of the year.. ish? Not 100% sure, I unintentionally play the other kind. Scy's starter guides are great;

(gently caress, I quoted that correctly, give me my medal)

e: yep, respecs. And they're dirt cheap if you have few skill points (like typically any level before 50)

insideoutside
Jan 27, 2009
Awesome - thanks. Is there a discord that I can bug people on for invites?

Edit: thanks for the invite. This game owns.

insideoutside fucked around with this message at 05:57 on Dec 31, 2016

Metallia
Sep 17, 2014

How hard is it to be a wizard rear end wizard in this game? Light armor, destruction staves, the works. I've always liked playing a mage in the main line games, but it seems like every build I can find for Magicka Sorcerer is either outdated or from a dubious source, which makes me think it's not a super popular/easy build anymore. Should I just do Stam Sorc and suck it up?

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Unlockable Ben

Metallia posted:

How hard is it to be a wizard rear end wizard in this game? Light armor, destruction staves, the works. I've always liked playing a mage in the main line games, but it seems like every build I can find for Magicka Sorcerer is either outdated or from a dubious source, which makes me think it's not a super popular/easy build anymore. Should I just do Stam Sorc and suck it up?

When I started playing ESO, I chose Sorcerer for the same reason as you, and found it was actually Dragonknight that I wanted. Dragonknight arguably offers something closer to a wizard-rear end wizard than Sorcerer does, in that it begs you to use an inferno staff and take advantage of all its skills that do flame damage and boost flame damage. If I were doing DPS Magicka Sorcerer, I'd be trying to do the lightning version of that, but I don't know enough to tell you how effective that would be. I really like Stam Sorc too, but it feels absolutely nothing like playing a wizard.

Also this tank build for magicka sorcerer was posted earlier in the thread. I decided not to go with it after all, but it seems to work well, and might be worth considering if you're having trouble coming up with a magicka sorcerer build you like.

Jesus Condumb posted:

* Warning I haven't played in 2 months and this is all off the top of my head.

I have an Argo Sorc Tank. I've done Vet AA and HRC with it, along with all dungeons. I'm S/B and Restro. I don't use dark pact as I don't need it. Heavy attacking gives me so much stamina back, so quickly. Additionally the heavy armor region passives "do work". I'm wearing 5 armor master (crafted set), Engine Guardian monster set. I have 3 willpower and 2 agility on my S/b bar and 2/2 on my retro.

Front bar s/b skills
Bound Ageis (extra max magic and minor resolve/ward){Toggle ability}
Pierce armor ( s/b skill melee taunt/major fracture and breech)
Hardened Ward (magic based shield)
Harness magic (magic based shield which prompts armor master set)
Absorb magica (S/b skill to reduce block cost and add more mitigation)
I currently use Atro as a utility let (25% more damage for anyone who synergies it). I'd probably use the S/b ultimate when i come back.

Back Bar Restro staff ( I mess around with this bar a lot but the first 3 skills listed are a must)
Bound Ageis
Inner Fire ( Ranged taunt)
Boundless Storm (major resolve/ward)
Hardened ward (Nice to have on both bars for oh poo poo moments. You can put whatever here though)
Healing ward (Nice to have 3 shields stacked at times, heals but you can also figure something else out)
I use negate or overload here but would probably use Atro with S/b let front barred.

I use tri-stat glyphs mostly I believe but you can use a site somewhere to figure out what you want to do there.

I have roughly 27K health, 17K stamina and 35/36K magic w/ tristat food.
My resistance is well above cap.

I basically taunt, stack my shields, block when I see a wind up (gold poo poo around bosses heads etc) and heavy attack with both bars constantly.

Benefits, I'm basically self sustaining, hardly need heals or shards and I'm super mobile compared to a stamina tank. Meaning I taunt pretty much everything in mob pulls and keep them taunted :P.

Cons, you'll never be able to do S/O trial because of the loving magic bomb :(.

Rollersnake fucked around with this message at 06:19 on Dec 31, 2016

Metallia
Sep 17, 2014

Thanks for the info, that's mad helpful. I'll try a Magicka DK first, that seems like fun.

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

I typically play casters (druid, shaman, wizard in EQ, shaman in WoW) but LOVE stam sorc, take that for what you will. Sorc is also fairly easy to level with, you will end up using quite a few nuke type spells while leveling, they also have amazing CC with rune prison or whatever the frontal ae root is, it's like a 5+ second duration.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Because gently caress you, that's why (it's a proc set kill).

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC
Edit: Invited. Thanks!

Saltpowered fucked around with this message at 19:52 on Dec 31, 2016

Bustycops
Mar 3, 2010

Sup Lads
We pissed him off boys, THE SALT IS REAL. My account got zerged down by reports.

On the plus side, I've probably got multiple free name changes now.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

How the gently caress is bustycops an offensive name?

E: At least this means that the rest of DR has a 3-day window to push other emps.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
Rename Bustycops to Chesty LaRue.

Danger Mouse
Aug 12, 2008
Can I grab an invite to the guild please, @Valentine_nine

rizzen
Apr 25, 2011

When I asked in game, everyone said that it's alright to invite non-goon friends to the guild, so can someone shoot an invite to @cano435? I can vouch for them, as we've played together in half a dozen other goon guilds in other MMOs and multiplayer games.

As well, how active is the PvP squad in Ebonheart Goons for this game? And is there a go-to for basic choose this to not suck in PvP class/skill set? I'm leveling a Stamina Sorc on AD with some other friends, and am planning on rolling up a PvP character to use in Ebonheart Pact, so I'm looking for some suggestions, if anyone has any!

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

PvP squad is pretty small, most of us run with a non-goon guild for poopsocking.

I think the mostly active goons doing PvP are Froid (who's on a 3 day "zenimax vacation" lol) Sluggo and myself

Bustycops
Mar 3, 2010

Sup Lads
I'll post my Stam Sorc template when I can get back on and put some screenshots up.

Like Scy said though it's usually us three running in a bigger group, but it's pretty open invitation wise. Plenty of goons pop-in from time-to-time to help out, or if I can get lead to invite the mass of zerglings from zone chat. Either way it usually ends up being a solid crew of 5-8~ on TS forming the backbone of a larger (10+) group.

It's a good time, just give a holler in guild chat if you want in. No matter how new you are to PvP, you'll get opportunities to rack up some kills and AP.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Goddamn I think Troll King is my new favorite Undaunted set. Basically helped my rear end when our goon Volenfell group wiped because of buggy aggro.

Magma Shell + 10k Igneous + 14k Brands of Imperium proc = the anti-boss shield.

insideoutside
Jan 27, 2009
As with every new-to-me mmo, I am trying to figure out if I should invest time in crafting. I am a stamblade and was thinking of doing blacksmithing and clothwork (or whatever they call it for medium armor). Is this a good idea at lvl 8 or would it be better to wait until later? Do you think I'll be finding better weapons than I can make for a while?

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Unlockable Ben

insideoutside posted:

Do you think I'll be finding better weapons than I can make for a while?

Yes, but the most important factor here is not actually leveling your crafting skills, but researching equipment traits. Each of the special sets you can craft from (found at hidden crafting campsites all over the game world) requires a minimum number of researched traits for each piece of equipment, with some requiring as few as two. If you want, put off leveling your crafting skills until you have surplus skill points for it, but try to always be researching some piece of equipment in the crafts you intend to pursue, as the timers get progressively longer the more traits you've learned. The sooner you start on this, the sooner you can start crafting really good equipment when you're ready to do it.

Rollersnake fucked around with this message at 17:35 on Jan 1, 2017

insideoutside
Jan 27, 2009
That sounds really cool - I like that they ties exploration into crafting. Thanks for the info.

Phoix
Jul 20, 2006

Does text search no longer work with the AwesomeGuildStore add-on? I haven't played in a while and I don't know if I broke it or not.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Phoix posted:

Does text search no longer work with the AwesomeGuildStore add-on? I haven't played in a while and I don't know if I broke it or not.

Update both Master Merchant and AwesomeGuildStore

insideoutside
Jan 27, 2009
Are all of the addons in the op recommended?

Decairn
Dec 1, 2007

Magicka nightblade - dark elf - what champion point selection to use? I've used the dual wield build in this thread so far, PVE mostly.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>
Any goon presence on PS4?

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Unlockable Ben

I guess Khajiit tails are stronger than I thought?

Perhaps the Khajiit possess magical powers that they themselves don't fully understand.

...but none as impressive as those of the priests of the Temple of Auri-el.

Also, I gotta say I'm a bit weirded out by the people who breed their animals right next to the wayshrines. I get that it's convenient, but do we all really need to see that?

Oh God, why? :gonk:

I do kinda want one of these neat Cerberus crabs, though.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Made a new toon! Decided to make an actual dedicated healer this time, as opposed to my Magnb "healer" spec. Made him as pasty and doughy and soft looking as I could.

Equipped that sad personality because it makes him look like he's hugging himself.

And, a name befitting of a dedicated healer, Hugs-From-Afar.

sluggo is mad
Jan 14, 2012

Buglord

Scyantific posted:

Update both Master Merchant and AwesomeGuildStore

Awesome guildstore has never worked right for me. In a fit of optimism I tried updating one more time after 1t and nuthin'.

Cyro update cuz I had to work tonight. Also Free FROID!

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

Aramek posted:

Orcs are elves in TES games. So, they're technically elves with Orc faces.

they're poop elves

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Percelus posted:

they're poop elves

Orkz iz fungus. :orks:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Unlockable Ben
I just put a bunch of treasure maps in the guild store for 400 apiece, which I hope is a pretty fair price. I figure I'll have found plenty more by the time I get to the point that I'd really want them.