Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

A Doomed Purloiner posted:

If you like the following, we can be friends. If not, this whole “graphing similar tastes based on the ranking of a single year” thing is a sham!
  • Chihayafuru
  • Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex
  • His and Her Circumstances
  • Lovely Complex
  • The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya
  • My Love Story!!
  • Neon Genesis Evangelion
  • Paranoia Agent
  • Patlabor
  • Planetes
  • Serial Experiments Lain
  • Tokyo Magnitude 8.0
  • Tonari no Seki-kun
  • Urusei Yatsura
  • You’re Under Arrest!

Where is that friendship contract? Sign me the hell up!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I can be friends with anyone, even people who don't share my taste in anime.

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince

devtesla posted:

I can be friends with anyone, even people who don't share my taste in anime.

i demand a written statement confirming you enjoy gundam before i let anyone become my friend

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

i'm friends with no one because i have a terrible personality and the anime doesn't help with it

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i'm friends with everyone because being a human being who watches anime does not hamper my social interaction

CrazySalamander
Nov 5, 2009

A Doomed Purloiner posted:

If you like the following, we can be friends. If not, this whole “graphing similar tastes based on the ranking of a single year” thing is a sham!
  • Chihayafuru
  • Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex
  • His and Her Circumstances
  • Lovely Complex
  • The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya
  • My Love Story!!
  • Neon Genesis Evangelion
  • Paranoia Agent
  • Patlabor
  • Planetes
  • Serial Experiments Lain
  • Tokyo Magnitude 8.0
  • Tonari no Seki-kun
  • Urusei Yatsura
  • You’re Under Arrest!

Funnily enough I have liked each of these I've seen. Except for the ending to Planetes, which I like to pretend didn't happen.

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince

The Colonel posted:

i'm friends with everyone because being a human being who watches anime does not hamper my social interaction

lol what a freak

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
Watching anime helps me make friends

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

Watching anime helps me make friends

:same:

It's how I met my best friends Yui, Mugi, Mio, Ritsu, and of course little Azunyan.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Lol if you don't desperately hide your liking of anime like it's a national secret.

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse

Fangz posted:

Threw the scores from the current version of the spreadsheet into a principle components analysis:

The red arrows are shows, with long arrows being the especially popular ones that aren't predicted by liking other shows. Roughly speaking, if you're aligned to particular shows you liked them, and arrows that are close to each other represents shows that if you liked one, you probably liked the other. If you are close to someone on this chart you have similar tastes. If you are miles from everyone you're strange.

Unfortunately I don't necessarily believe in the scores right now. For me at least it's put me in the wrong way round.... OTOH I can believe that there's the quadrant of yuri (on and off the Ice to the top left, and I am solidly in it...)

This chart below is just with whether people top-5ed a show or not

i like how that second one has me literally right along the Re:Zero line when I never even watched that hahah

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

chumbler posted:

Lol if you don't desperately hide your liking of anime like it's a national secret.

lol if you are insecure about your interests

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

lol if you lol if you

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

I would be happy to talk about anime IRL if I knew many other anime-likers in meatspace.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

Gyra_Solune posted:

i like how that second one has me literally right along the Re:Zero line when I never even watched that hahah

*glum doctor face walking into the room, puts scans up on the screen*

That means based on what you do like, there is a high probability that you will love Re:Zero.

I'm sorry.

Kytrarewn
Jul 15, 2011

Solving mysteries in
Bb, F and D.

Spiritus Nox posted:

I would be happy to talk about anime IRL if I knew many other anime-likers in meatspace.

Unfortunately, that requires opening the conversation with "So, I spend hours each week watching Japanese cartoons- you?" which inevitably leads to the response "Oh, you mean the thing with all those tentacles?"

Nope- national secret here, too.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

you are allowed to bring up anime as the second, third or even fourth subject you talk about

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

dogsicle posted:

lol if you are insecure about your interests

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

no one past high school cares what you do in your free time. the worst that'll happen if you say you watch anime is that you might need to talk about attack on titan with someone

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

That's a pretty awful worst thing to happen.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Cake Attack posted:

no one past high school cares what you do in your free time. the worst that'll happen if you say you watch anime is that you might need to talk about attack on titan with someone

One of the co-workers at my last job kept trying to get me to watch Akame GA Kill because "it's like anime Game of Thrones" once he found out I watched anime. It's a big risk to take

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

I got another co-worker to watch Cyber city though and it's one of his favoritefavoritees now so good things can come out of it as well

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

GorfZaplen posted:

One of the co-workers at my last job kept trying to get me to watch Akame GA Kill because "it's like anime Game of Thrones" once he found out I watched anime. It's a big risk to take

well he's right, they're both bad

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Kytrarewn posted:

Unfortunately, that requires opening the conversation with "So, I spend hours each week watching Japanese cartoons- you?" which inevitably leads to the response "Oh, you mean the thing with all those tentacles?"

Nope- national secret here, too.
iunno who you talk to but that has never been a response i get

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Some weird people in here

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

dont talk

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Namtab posted:

dont talk

orv is very normal. one could even call him a normie

kater
Nov 16, 2010

I'm not sure I know what a normie is anymore. I'm pretty sure I saw a Fate show on the list and nobody voted for it. Are we the normies?

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

It's what we were all waiting for, crunchy's Best Of 2016 list has been released.

http://www.crunchyroll.com/forumtop...he_year_twitter

bah!

Also...they're holding off on the Best Anime award for some dumb reason.

E: drat that's a lot of voters

quote:

More than 1.8 million votes from around the world were submitted! This passion you’ve all shown is what makes our job here at Crunchyroll worth doing. We couldn’t be happier with the participation and excitement you’ve all shown, and we can’t wait to make it even better next year!

a kitten fucked around with this message at 03:20 on Jan 11, 2017

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

a kitten posted:

It's what we were all waiting for, crunchy's Best Of 2016 list has been released.

http://www.crunchyroll.com/forumtop...he_year_twitter

bah!

Also...they're holding off on the Best Anime award for some dumb reason.

E: drat that's a lot of voters

they're having some sort of event to unveil the best anime award, lol

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

the ERASED/Yuri on Ice awards

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

I am amused that Kabaneri didn't win poo poo...unless it's gonna get the Big Award. :ohdear:

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Rem!!

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

hosed up that my votes for Heybot in every category were not acknowledged

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

im glad of yuri on ice winning every award just for how mad it's making crunchyroll commenters

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
these awards are giant piss

not because yuri on ice won everything, except best animation i disagree strongly there!!

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

quote:

how the gently caress could two blokes having a snog win over rem's confession to subaru?

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

lol

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Hot take on the Rem confession: Nono did it first and did it better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i don't like erased but it's a more satisfying drama than kiznaiver so i'll accept it

• Locked thread