Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WrenP-Complete
Jul 27, 2012

Happy hatchday!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum

gonna get u :q:

e: "an avocado shrieking for 20-90 years" hmmmmmmmmm

Checks out!

e2: I know it has been said before but gosh this is the most chill bird I have ever seen

CROWS EVERYWHERE fucked around with this message at 10:24 on Jan 7, 2017

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug
that poor greater vasa parrot

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

Ein Sexmonster posted:

Also the obligatory squirrel.

lmao thought it was like a miniature turkey or something

nope, squirrel

Shark Sandwich
Sep 6, 2010

by R. Guyovich

Tendai posted:

Dreaming of murder.

Nah just scritches. Murder would require Charlie to not be lazy.

That being said I was watching a really awful movie about a serial killer when I took that pic...

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

"When the eagles are silent, the parrots begin to jabber."

Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b-KdxI6b1_8&t=18s
This is a really beautiful little documentary. Warning: It is incredibly sad for a large part of it so skip to around 42:00 if you would prefer the happy endings instead. Lou and Princess :unsmith:

CROWS EVERYWHERE posted:

e: "an avocado shrieking for 20-90 years" hmmmmmmmmm

I wish thread titles could be images :allears:

I miss Judah.

Tendai fucked around with this message at 16:47 on Jan 7, 2017

Forsythia
Jan 28, 2007

You want bad advice?

Anything is okay if you don't get caught!

... I hope this helps!
I like how that documentary starts off with a crazy moluccan cockatoo. Speaking of moluccans, what's Max up to?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dc5-M5wbzug

He's tantruming for an entire evening because he heard a specific sound he dislikes.

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Mizuti posted:

I like how that documentary starts off with a crazy moluccan cockatoo. Speaking of moluccans, what's Max up to?

He's tantruming for an entire evening because he heard a specific sound he dislikes.

That's a really strange way Max just sits there bobbing back and forth. He seems to be feeling really uncomfortable.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
I once had an all day hissy fit from Mango because there was a feather in his water. Birbs gonna birb.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Tendai posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b-KdxI6b1_8&t=18s
This is a really beautiful little documentary. Warning: It is incredibly sad for a large part of it so skip to around 42:00 if you would prefer the happy endings instead. Lou and Princess :unsmith:

I wish thread titles could be images :allears:

I miss Judah.

Bird Crazies: an avocado shrieking for 20-90 years imgur.com/b1OLLfR

Clary
Jan 6, 2011

What are birds?
We just don't know.
Some wolf whistling almost turns into a birdy brawl:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ugklvSuH2Jc

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Clary posted:

Did bush still do 9/11?

Clary
Jan 6, 2011

What are birds?
We just don't know.

Potato Salad posted:

Did bush still do 9/11?

Skillet certainly thinks so! Clearly, he spends too much time watching conspiracy videos on youtube.

Aug 24, 2011

Mizuti posted:

flufffffffffff

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Clary posted:

His beak is writing checks his body can't handle clearly

Also this video of him and Boo is just great:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2fCCAo0suls

redgubbinz
May 1, 2007

I love the Bird Breakfast Club.

Clary
Jan 6, 2011

What are birds?
We just don't know.

Tendai posted:

His beak is writing checks his body can't handle clearly

Also this video of him and Boo is just great:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2fCCAo0suls

I always forget how different Skillet sounded as a baby! He was such a little doofus.

Forsythia
Jan 28, 2007

You want bad advice?

Anything is okay if you don't get caught!

... I hope this helps!

Clary
Jan 6, 2011

What are birds?
We just don't know.

Good bird, best friend.

Clary fucked around with this message at 22:32 on Jan 8, 2017

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Clary posted:

I always forget how different Skillet sounded as a baby! He was such a little doofus.
It's all wonderful but when he starts courting his own shadow against the wall at the end I can't watch it without just guffawing.

Nevileen
Jan 4, 2008

Clary posted:

":derptiel: I sing! sing sing sing-"
/bird enters into personal space
"HOW DARE YOU INTERRUPT SING AM FIGHT NOW"

I loving cracked up, omg.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

In the heart of every grey, a chicken.

greypearl
Jul 26, 2007
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Potato Salad posted:

In the heart of every grey, a chicken.

Sometimes in the beak, too.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
god forbid I don't give Hannah a bone if I'm eating chicken or turkey.

Trebuchet King
Jul 5, 2005

This post...

...is a
WORK OF FICTION!!

greypearl posted:

Sometimes in the beak, too.

do you polish Pearl's beak with a chamois or something?

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum
Beak oil. Because you're worth it.

Seriously though that is a nice hecking beak.

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug
that is a nice beak, isn't it

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum
I would like to be a beak oiler. Just oiling and polishing bird beaks all day.

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

CROWS EVERYWHERE posted:

but your fingers :ohdear:

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Bitey polishes his own beak by dipping it in water and honing it on a rope so it's all nice and shiny like.

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

CROWS EVERYWHERE posted:

whilst they are still attached to living birds, right?

Battle Pigeon
Nov 7, 2011

I am dancing potato
give me millet

I'm back home now, but here's some photos sent to me while I was away

Supervising cage cleaning

Probably the same

Startled by flash

Not as good as Senegals or Ringnecks, but Ohtori has pretty good crazy eyes going on right? (Also Steve startled again)

Cone head

More crazy eyes

Inko is ready for his close up

greypearl
Jul 26, 2007
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

GoldStandardConure posted:

whilst they are still attached to living birds, right?

No guts no glory.

I mean, they probably won't go for out guts... right?

Also, we're T -4 hours from vet annual checkup. Pearl's beak may not be as shiny by the end of it.

ETA: Oh jeez Ohtori is plotting something big this time.

Disco Salmon
Jun 19, 2004
My heart is breaking atm :(

My mom is in the hospital, and needing surgery within the next few days. I spent all day today trying to get in touch with Cricket's breeder to have her boarded there since they know each other already. But, I ended up having to make arrangements at the vet for her to stay since I am leaving tomorrow :(

I feel horrible atm that she is going to be somewhere with people she doesn't know well, and that she isn't going to understand its only temporary.

I miss her terribly already :( I feel like an awful bird mom...if my husband was able to be home I would just leave her here, but he leaves early in the am and gets home late...thats not fair to her or him.

Please tell me she is gonna be ok??

The Narrator
Aug 11, 2011

bernie would have won

Disco Salmon posted:

My mom is in the hospital, and needing surgery within the next few days. I spent all day today trying to get in touch with Cricket's breeder to have her boarded there since they know each other already. But, I ended up having to make arrangements at the vet for her to stay since I am leaving tomorrow :(

I feel horrible atm that she is going to be somewhere with people she doesn't know well, and that she isn't going to understand its only temporary.

I miss her terribly already :( I feel like an awful bird mom...if my husband was able to be home I would just leave her here, but he leaves early in the am and gets home late...thats not fair to her or him.

She'll be okay. She might be cranky at first when you get her back, but it'll pass when she remembers that you're a good human. It's difficult, but it sounds like you didn't really have much of a choice. At least you know she'll be in good hands at a vet :)

Moatman
Mar 21, 2014

Because the goof is all mine.
I got to play with some cockatoos and macaws last week and man, I didn't realize just how big and strong those birds were until then.

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

Disco Salmon posted:

She'll be fine. We thought Taco would chuck a wobbly when we got her back from boarding after a week away, but she was super happy to see us and wasn't mad at all.

just had a loving chest infection is all...

Disco Salmon
Jun 19, 2004

Disco Salmon posted:

I feel so much better atm....her breeder finally called me and we have Cricket going to stay with her instead of the vet. It is such a huge weight off my shoulders! Now I just have to worry about my mom....but at least I know baby birdie will be with someone she knows already and trusts. That makes a world of difference to me!

I know she wont be happy with me most likely, but knowing she is with people she knows already is a good thing to me. Thanks for not laughing at my little bird obsession.....she is one of the most important things in my life to me.

Aug 24, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mikerock
Oct 29, 2005

RIP Dreggon