Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
Holy poo poo these people are loving delusional.
Also they should laugh at the fat person when she breaks their drat chairs and demand she repay them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Sisal Two-Step posted:

this is true.

Hidden bonus perk of having friends who are girls.

Pick posted:

bzzzz yes sister bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

It's not so much like actual communication between yourselves but:

http://journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0009115

Bubblyblubber
Nov 17, 2014
This one is kind of long and doesn't directly involve chairs, but hang in there.

quote:

My [24M] wife [23F] announced her pregnancy on the same day my sister [25F] found out her fiance [36M] was cheating on her and broke up with her. What the hell is wrong with her?
u/pregntwifebrokensis272d
My wife and I were married 3 months ago. (edit: together 2 years) We've been trying to have a baby recently, planting the seeds, fertilising the ground, and what not. Yesterday, my wife had a positive pregnancy test and naturally we were ecstatic.

We went to my parents house this morning because we wanted announce the good news, but were met with trouble. My sister had found out her fiance was cheating on her, and when she confronted it, he admitted to it and broke up with her, telling her she didn't 'satisfy him'.

It was all such a sudden shock to her, it had come out of no where. She really was in love with him and looking forward to getting married, she had been excited about getting married and having a family for so long now.

She was on the kitchen table crying her eyes out, and my parents were beside her comforting her. I had no idea that this had all happened and they told me, I told my sister she's so much better off without him and she is still very young and has plenty of time.

Anyway she was in this absolutely miserable state, it was obviously no mood for a happy announcement on our part, especially one that would just rub in my sister's heartbreak over being cheated on and dumped.

My wife said "well, we have some news that might cheer you up." I instantly said no, and shook my head at hear, telling her to cut it. So she did and went quiet for a while, like half an hour.

My sister was still crying and blowing her nose and everything still, and then my wife again started. I motioned my hand for her to stop, but she went ahead and made the oh-so-wonderful announcement. What is wrong with her? Its the absolute worst timing.

My sister just looked up with her red eyes and gave her the evil eye and stood up, slammed the chair and went upstairs. My parents were looking at my wife and just shaking their head at her like "what's wrong with you..."

My wife just said "what's her problem?" and still had this big smile on her face from her announcement. I told her she shouldn't have said it then, my sister was clearly really sad about her relationship ending and my wife just rubbed salt in her wounds by announcing a success of our relationship, namely her pregnancy.

I told my wife maybe she should go apologise. My wife insisted she has nothing to apologise for and refused. She was like "we agreed we were coming here to announce our pregnancy" I told her obviously that was before I saw the situation, it was insensitive and inappropriate. She just couldn't understand why not.

I told her I would be staying there at my parents house for the afternoon cause obviously my sister was going through a rough period. She drove home, and I stayed there for most of the day with my family, just mainly comforting them and offering a shoulder to cry on during an obviously very sad day. My parents said to me "congratulations" on my wife's pregnancy, but only quietly and privately away from my sister's earshot. My dad said he was proud of me which really meant a lot to me.

I apologised to both of them sincerely for my wife's terrible timing, they accepted my apology. I went to comfort my sister, and she also congratulated me on my pregnancy, prompting me to again apologise for my wife's atrocious timing. I told her how very sorry I am about the whole thing. When my wife came to pick me up later to go back home, I trusted I was leaving her in safe hands.

Back at home I explained to my wife why I thought the timing was off and we should have delayed our announcement to them, but she said she just couldn't understand. She has no idea why she's done anything wrong, and I tried to suggest to her maybe she should apologise because they were all really hurt but she wouldn't have any of it. What is wrong with her? What should I do, she refuses to see why it was wrong or recognise how her timing was horrible and hurt my sister, and refuses to apologise? What the hell is wrong with her? What should I do about this?

tl;dr: My sister was terribly sad over her fiance having cheated on her and broken up with her in a very cruel way, was crying and sobbing everywhere. My wife chose this moment to announce to our family that she had become pregnant, despite clearly seeing how upset my sister was. This of course just made her more upset and was like rubbing salt in her wounds. My wife refuses to acknowledge why her timing was wrong and why what she did was wrong, and refuses to apologise.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Bubblyblubber posted:

Well fine, one chair.

I'm just surprised searching for "chair" gets this fuckery.

I know I shouldn't since it's r/relationships, but still.

You know what I thought some more and this guy doesnt even deserve basic, correct advice.

You go out there young man, and you marry someone else while continuing to date this woman. Write her long eloquent love letters about your unending faithfullness as you raise a family and age with another woman. Go for walks on the moors on fog thick mornings and when your wife stares at you, desparate and driven to madness by your implacable gaze and unrequited longing whisper to her that you never really liked chairs.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

Who jerks off in bed next to a sleeping spouse? Just wake up before your wife and go jerk off in front of the computer watching your favorite chaturbate stars, like a normal person.

flick my Mr. Bean
Nov 18, 2014

Bubblyblubber posted:

This one is kind of long and doesn't directly involve chairs, but hang in there.

quote:

She was on the kitchen table crying her eyes out,

Ah, so the problem is they don't have any chairs.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
I kinda get that pregnant lady. gently caress THE WORLD, I'M MAKING A PERSON HERE!
Seen it all the time.

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

Bubblyblubber posted:

If there's one thing r/relationships posters absolutely hate, it's communication.

If there's two, it's communicating and mothercunting chairs.

HAES strikes again.

having someone break one of your chairs from being too fat sounds like a good starting point for some sort of group obesity intervention, even if unintentional

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Can you see that I am serious?
Fun Shoe
I place a trap chair, rear end DOWN.

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

VanSandman posted:

I kinda get that pregnant lady. gently caress THE WORLD, I'M MAKING A PERSON HERE!
Seen it all the time.

Wife's a oval office, so what?

WAY TO GO WAMPA!!
Oct 27, 2007

:slick: :slick: :slick: :slick:
My [M, late twenties] dilemma

quote:

Obviously, this is a throwaway account to protect the innocent - and yes, I do realize that I'm paranoid and chances are no one involved will ever read this. Also - I apologize in advance for the massive brain dump below.

Here's the story. I'm a male in my late twenties, and I've been single for almost 7 years - I suck at relationships, so unless I really, really like someone, I avoid relationships. In other words, I've been single largely by choice. I also had a demanding job that didn't really leave time for a social life. I'm successful, but not exactly good looking - short and bald; so I'm not spoilt for choice with the opposite sex.

Now, a couple of months ago, I started a new job. This was after almost complete burnout in my previous job and a serious bout of depression and anxiety resulting from that. The new job started well, and with more spare time on my hands, I asked someone on a date for the first time in years. She cancelled for no good reason. I was a bit pissed off and miserable. The week thereafter, I got assigned some new responsibilities at work (I've worked my way up the ladder pretty quickly and my stress levels have risen accordingly) and I had to start working with a girl at the office. I've seen her around the office a few times, and thought she was rather pretty. So, there we were in a meeting, kind of just talking and smiling at each other across the boardroom.

We then started to get coffee together a couple of times a day and we've spent hours chatting on IM. A lot of those conversations have been what I would call flirty - to someone else, perhaps they might just be very, very friendly, but I think winking emoji's and emoji's with a tongue out falls on the flirty, rather than the friendly, end of the spectrum. She joked around, saying that she's both beautiful and smart, and replied with a big smiley face when I told her that she was right - she is both smart and beautiful. When we're together, she also tends to play with her hair and touch her lips - classic signs of attraction, according to the interwebs. However, here's the kicker - when we were chatting about nothing in particular, I asked her if she stays alone, and she said no - she stays with her boyfriend. She talks about her dog more than she talks about her boyfriend - so I have my doubts as to whether or not that relationship is going well. Nonetheless, they are living together, so it has to be pretty serious. The flirty conversations continued even after she told me about him.

Now, this girl doesn't correspond to anyone else I've ever liked. Her eyes are the color that I've always kind of disliked on girls, her build isn't exactly what I've always been fond of, she's older than me (about 4 years), she works with me, and she has a boyfriend living with her (while I'm a virgin who has always gone for conservative Christian girls). In other words, definitely not the kind of girl I would generally fall for. Yet, I'm so madly infatuated with her that I can barely even sleep or eat. She's basically on my mind day and night. I can't wait for her to arrive at work in the mornings just to spend 10 minutes having coffee with her. Heck, if she had to say "hey, let's get married", I'd head straight to the nearest chapel even though I've only know her for a couple of weeks. It's completely irrational.

Now, I can tell her that I really like her and that unless she's about to get married, I'd like to take her out. Best case scenario, she agrees, dumps her boyfriend, deals with emotional torment, and ends up with me. For what it's worth, she met her current boyfriend at her previous workplace, so I'll probably always live with that in the back of my mind. Worst case scenario, she declines, it gets really awkward, work becomes uncomfortable and I end up having to leave. Big risk, since I have a very well-paying job with a large organization that is even willing to foot the bill for a business degree that most people can only dream of, since it's practically unaffordable. Again, the risk doesn't make sense.

Nonetheless, I cannot get her out of my mind and I don't know why. I've never bought into the "love at first sight" or "she's the one" thing, but I've also never fallen for someone so hard and so fast.
People of Reddit, please help!

tl;dr: I've madly in love with a coworker who's living with her boyfriend. I realise that I shouldn't get my honey where I get my money, and that I shouldn't fish in another man's pond. Two big red flags, yet I'm still madly in love with her. Help!

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.
"A girl was nice to me. I am now in love."

Sometimes I think we need a Logan's Run system for men who are single for too long.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

quote:

I'm successful, but not exactly good looking - short and bald

quote:

Now, this girl doesn't correspond to anyone else I've ever liked. Her eyes are the color that I've always kind of disliked on girls

:rolleyes:

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

Pick posted:

bzzzz yes sister bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
:females:

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

quote:

I'm a virgin who has always gone for conservative Christian girls

lol

ThePeavstenator
Dec 18, 2012

:burger::burger::burger::burger::burger:

Establish the Buns

the funniest part of that is conservative christian girls are the ones who gently caress the most and craziest

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

ThePeavstenator posted:

the funniest part of that is conservative christian girls are the ones who gently caress the most and craziest

It's a split. Either they're crazy into anal or they're 100% into the purity thing and you'll be getting lights off missionary only.

After you get married. Twice a year.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Barudak
May 7, 2007

WampaLord posted:

It's a split. Either they're crazy into anal or they're 100% into the purity thing and you'll be getting lights off missionary only.

Assuming they dont have worse psychological hangups internalized leading to not even being able to phsyically have sex or having a full on breakdown over it.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Bubblyblubber posted:

This one is not the chair's fault, but still. Chairs.

it's worth noting that half the comments to this one are advising him to preempt the cripple suitor with his own, countervailing marriage proposal to this absolute winner of a girl

hahaha

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

WampaLord posted:

the fact that there's more than one of the "super Christian girl who wants to nominally preserve her virginity so she gets really into anal" is super bizarre to me but I remember that coming up in a story a few hundred pages ago and have also met one of them irl, so I don't know what to think

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed

WAY TO GO WAMPA!! posted:

This girl is going to get stalked by this guy for sure :stare:

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Fullhouse posted:

the fact that there's more than one of the "super Christian girl who wants to nominally preserve her virginity so she gets really into anal" is super bizarre to me but I remember that coming up in a story a few hundred pages ago and have also met one of them irl, so I don't know what to think

It's huge with Mormon girls too.

People are dumb idk. I mean it is understandable when you consider they are still normal people with sexual urges yet are told they can't have sex and so their lizard brain comes up with a solution but yeah it's dumb.

The reaction then might be 'well just leave that religion then as it is obv stupid' but that also involves abandoning education/family/social life entirely for many of those people (esp the Mormons) bc their whole community revolves around church.

So, anal.

Moridin920 fucked around with this message at 19:36 on Feb 2, 2017

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all

Benagain posted:

I place a trap chair, rear end DOWN.

Ha! You've activated my trap chair!

Blue Upholstery White Finish deals 7000 damage to your Beetus Behemoth.

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

a winning compromise

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Moridin920 posted:

It's huge with Mormon girls too.

Man, what isn't huge with Mormon girls.

flick my Mr. Bean
Nov 18, 2014

also the guy who's girlfriend is marrying disabled person is a goddamn idiot if he thinks the next step won't be "we need to consummate the marriage. it would just be for him so he won't die a virgin!"

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
Threatening to tell my pastor (everything about it)

ThePeavstenator
Dec 18, 2012

Establish the Buns

WampaLord posted:

maybe like 98/2 or something, most young Christians are humongous apologists

its the idea that "I know I'm not supposed to do this but I want to anyway" means the only boundary is all premarital sex is a FORBIDDEN act and after that it's all basically equal

Bubblyblubber
Nov 17, 2014
When chairs attack!

quote:

My (28 f) boss (50s m) threw a chair at a lead co-worker (23 f) and I don't know what to do. [Non-romantic]
u/Whydoeshedothat1y
A little background: I've been working for this company for about 5 years. It's a medical company that takes one-time use medical devices, cleans them and sells term back to hospitals at a discount. Recently they hired another company to run this one after they were acquired by a huge company, so now I work for them.

I love what I do. I work hard, and I get my production goals. My reviews are always positive. I feel like I do a great job and am an asset to my company.

But I can't deal with how our new plant manager is treating my coworkers in the department next to mine. They'd been working five 12 hour shifts with a 8 hour shift on Saturday for the past three weeks.

They hadn't been making their production goals. The plant manager (David) went into their department and checked the progress for the day. He didn't like what he saw. The lead was sitting in a chair (no one is allowed chairs in the department.) He picked up her chair and threw it, not at her but close enough to scare her. The lead is a small woman and David is about 6' 9". I saw her leave and she was shaking and crying. He said "By not getting your numbers, you are disrespecting me. Now I will start disrespecting you."

My coworkers left for break looking closed and scared. One told me what happened and I told her to go to HR. I can't because it's not my department. I told her to tell the HR lady that she is afraid to work with David. At first she refused, but she said she would.

It's been a week since then and I've still seen David darkening our doorways. Last week he worked for two days straight. Maybe he left for a few hours but considering all three shifts saw him nearly every hour of the day, I think it's true.

My department is treated much better the our neighbor department but I get the sinking feeling he will treat us the same way since our production is terrible as well, just our devices are more invasive and a mistake could be fatal to a patient.

I know you guys will say I should quit. I've been looking for new jobs but have had no luck. I really don't know what to tell the interviewer why I'm quitting. It's just depressed me so much. I love what I do. I just don't think this is right.

TL;DR: The plant manager threw a chair at a department lead because her room didn't make it's production goals. Not sure what to do.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

flick my Mr. Bean posted:

also the guy who's girlfriend is marrying disabled person is a goddamn idiot if he thinks the next step won't be "we need to consummate the marriage. it would just be for him so he won't die a virgin!"

she's got bird-w-broken-wing syndrome, bad

which is not to say this guy is unlovable, just that she thinks so, and she gets off on that

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Selfie thread's in PYF, friend.

Tiny Deer
Jan 16, 2012

Chair derail is the best derail. Thank you for revealing that chairs are loving relationship killing machines.

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Bubblyblubber posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ag1o3koTLWM

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Tiny Deer posted:

Chair derail is the best derail. Thank you for revealing that chairs are loving relationship killing machines.

The best r/relationship posts are found by searching random keywords, like that game Her Story, only with far more insane plot twists

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

WAY TO GO WAMPA!! posted:

quote:

Her eyes are the color that I've always kind of disliked on girls

what are the chances that the eye color that this guy inexplicably dislikes is brown? :godwinning:

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

YeahTubaMike posted:

what are the chances that the eye color that this guy inexplicably dislikes is brown? :godwinning:

100%

Tiny Deer
Jan 16, 2012

YeahTubaMike posted:

I didn't even think it through that far. gently caress's sake.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS

Pick posted:

The best r/relationship posts are found by searching random keywords, like that game Her Story, only with far more insane plot twists
Yeah everyone pick a weird keyword and find something funny using it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed

quote:

My [29F] friend [24F] is going out with a famous dude [40sM]. She doesn't know I know and I want to save her before she gets hurt.[new]
submitted 53 minutes ago by 34throw12

I knew my friend was hiding something from me for months, but I kept my mouth shut otherwise I'd sound insane.
I recently found out that my friend had a one night stand (or are still secretly dating) a famous actor from a faous tv show that's on right now.
I went over to her house, we had a sleepover. She was overprotective of her phone the entire time, but not in an obvious the way, just in the way that a best friend would know.
I know it was wrong, but I took the oppoturnity when she went to take a shower and I snooped through her phone. I was in the bathroom with her, and she didn't see me snooping because of the shower box.
I found pictures upon pictures of her with this actor. Some of them were of just her but the background was the same as the ones of them together, which means he took the pictures himself. That baffled me. So he trusts her enough not to post the pictures online and to keep her mouth shut and then he likes her enough to take pictures of her himself?
I know it looks like I'm jealous, but that's not it. My friend is pretty, I get it, everyone who meets us makes sure to let her know how gorgeous she is. I'm the average friend. I made my peace with that. But I feel like this is too much, this is a crossing a line. We watched the show this actor was in days ago, he had scenes there and she didn't think to tell me?
Not to mention the guy's age. He's much odler than her, and his character is very popular. I'd think he was just playing with her, but then he takes photos of her himself and then there were a lot of days where she said she'd just hang in her place and wasn't up to going out, but then I'd call and no one would pick up, then I'd drive by and her car wasn't there. I'm starting to think she was obviously meeting with him.
I didn't confront her about it, and now I don't know what to do. I'm mad. I know it sounds irrational, but I'm mad. Why didn't she tell me?
And I'm worried. I never use this word, so excuse me if I sound heartless, but she's behaving like some cheap tramp who has one night stands with famous people. Not to mention this guy is in his 40s. He's playing with her and she's falling for it just in exchange for sex?
I'm meeting with her tomorrow and I want to tell her I know. How do I approach the subject and how do I get her to see that she's making a fool out of herself and he's using her?
tl;dr: Friend is being going out with famous actor, she doesn't know I know and I want to tell her and warn her.

I'm not jealous! I'm not! I drove past her house to see if she was home because I CARE ABOUT HER DAMMIT. I HAVE TO MAKE SURE SHE ISN'T BEHAVING LIKE A TRAMP :byodame: